Monday, October 29, 2012
2012 ABC Family 25 Days of Christmas Schedule; Rhea Perlman Joins Kirstie Alley In TV Land Sitcom Pilot
We gave you ABC Family's Countdown to 25 Days of Christmas (Nov. 18-30) schedule, now it's time to give you the actual 25 Days of Christmas (Dec. 1-25) schedule for 2012! The 25 days of holiday programming starts on Saturday, December 1 at 7am with the holiday special Mickey's Once Upon a Christmas followed by movies all day long! This year, "25 Days of Christmas" will feature the world premiere of the ABC Family original holiday musical, The Mistle-Tones, starring Tia Mowry (The Game, Tia and Tamera) and Tori Spelling (Beverly Hills, 90210). Premiering Sunday, December 9 (8:00-10:00 PM ET/PT), the new original movie follows Holly (Mowry), a young woman who decides to create her own Christmas singing group when she is turned down for a spot in legendary group The Snow Belles by the mean spirited Marci (Spelling).
The holiday cheer continues with the ABC Family premiere of the charming holiday movie Fred Claus, starring Vince Vaughn, on Tuesday, December 4 from 10:00PM-12:30AM ET/PT and the basic cable premiere broadcasts of Disney's A Christmas Carol on Thursday, December 6 from 8:00-10:00 PM ET/PT and Despicable Me on Saturday, December 8 from 8:00-10:00 PM ET/PT. Also making their 25 Days of Christmas debut are holiday favorites Elf (Saturday, December 1, 8:00-10:00 PM ET/PT) and the very first Home Alone (Wednesday, December 5, 7:00-9:00 PM ET/PT).
A new generation of viewers can enjoy the Rankin Bass holiday classics such as Rudolph's Shiny New Year (Monday, December 3, 5:30-6:30 PM ET/PT), Frosty's Winter Wonderland (Tuesday, December 4, 7:30PM ET/PT, and Santa Claus is Comin' To Town (Monday, December 10, 8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT). Other returning favorites include National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation (Monday, December 3, 8:00-10:00 PM), The Polar Express (Wednesday, December 5, 9:00PM-12:00 AM ET/PT), and the network premiere of Disney·Pixar's Toy Story 3 (Sunday, December 16, 7:00-9:00 PM ET/PT).
Among the movies I didn't mention airing include Richie Rich's Christmas Wish, A Dennis the Menace Christmas, Miracle on 34th Street (1994), Dr. Seuss' How the Grinch Stole Christmas, Home Alone 4, The Santa Clause, The Santa Clause 2, The Santa Clause 3, Holiday in Handcuffs, and Christmas Cupid. And among the specials I didn't mention include Mickey's Twice Upon a Christmas, Mickey's Christmas Carol, Winnie the Pooh & Christmas Too, Dr. Seuss' The Cat in the Hat, The Little Drummer Boy, Pinocchio's Christmas, The Story of the First Christmas Snow, Disney Prep & Landing, Prep & Landing: Naughty vs. Nice, and A Chipmunk Christmas. Holiday episodes of sitcoms like Boy Meets World, 8 Simple Rules, & Reba will air in their time periods and Full House will get a special airing on Monday, Dec. 24 at 9am, as that series has been on hiatus for awhile. Also, just for the holidays, a holiday mini-marathon of the '90s series Beverly Hills 90210 will air Thursday, Dec. 20 from 7am-11am leading into movies starring cast members from the series like Christmas Caper starring Shannen Doherty.
Other ABC Family December 2012 highlights includes the ABC Family premiere of the Eric Bana movie Hulk on Thursday, Dec. 27 at 8pm and the ABC premiere premiere of Spy Kids on Saturday, December 29 at 9:30am.
View the FULL 2012 ABC Family 25 Days of Christmas schedule. You won't want to miss anything, so print out and enjoy!
A Cheers reunion maybe? Rhea Perlman will reunite with longtime friend and former Cheers co-star Kirstie Alley in the sitcom pilot Giant Baby. Perlman will play Thelma, Maddie's (Alley) long-suffering assistant and best friend, who encourages her boss to form a relationship with the son she gave up for adoption, Arlo (previously known as Owen). The network originally announced the Alley-headlined project as a presentation last month. Giant Baby revolves around Madison "Maddie" Banks, a Broadway star who finds her life turned upside down when Arlo, her long-lost son, turns up looking to connect after his adopted mother has died. However, Maddie doesn't exactly see nerdy and schlubby Arlo fitting in with her luxurious lifestyle. When her attempt to change Arlo backfires, Maddie finds that perhaps they both could use a little change in their lives.
Giant Baby is written and executive produced by Marco Pennette and is also executive produced by Kirstie Alley and Jason Weinberg. Larry W. Jones and Keith Cox serve as executive producers for TV Land. Both Alley and Perlman were in the ABC pilot The Manzanis last season but it never made it past pilot. Stay with us to see if this pilot goes past the pilot stage and gets a series order. There is a good chance it will and it will join Hot in Cleveland, Happily Divorced and The Exes. But stay tuned...
New on DVD/Blu-ray (February/March)
02/07 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - Sabrina Down Under
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 1 - School's Cool - Boy Crazy
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 2 - About a Family - Hangin' Out
02/07 - 227 - The Complete First Season (Mill Creek)
02/07 - Vice Principals - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
02/14 - Beavis and Butt-Head - The Complete Collection
02/14 - Grace and Frankie - Season Two
02/28 - Fuller House - The Complete First Season
03/03 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - Now... In Living Color! (Blu-ray)
03/07 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - Mama's Family - Mama's Favorites
03/07 - That '70s Show - The Complete Series - Flashback Edition (Blu-ray)
03/07 - What I Like About You - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - You Me Her - Season One
03/14 - Newhart - The Final (Eighth) Season
03/14 - Unbrekable Kimmy Schmidt - Season Two
03/21 - Master of None - Season One
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Saturday, March 25
Henry Danger - "Gas or Fail" (Nickelodeon, 8:00PM ET/PT)
When Captain Man finds himself trapped underground, Henry must devise a way to sneak out of his school's standardized testing to save Ray.
Game Shakers - "Llama Llama Spit Spit" (Nickelodeon, 8:30PM ET/PT)
After the Game Shakers get kicked out of Fooders to make room for a guest who has his photo on the wall, Babe becomes determined to get their own photo up using any means necessary.
Nicky, Ricky, Dicky & Dawn - "To Be Invited or Not to Be" (Nickelodeon, 9:00PM ET/PT)
The quads make a new friend, an amazing inventor, but when not all of them get invited back to hang out again, they start to wonder why.
Love Thy Neighbor - "Better Late Than Never" (OWN, 9:00PM ET/PT)
A missed call leaves Danny and his family in a bad place.
Love Thy Neighbor - "Make Up or Make Out" (OWN, 9:30PM ET/PT)
Still upset with his friends, Danny takes the advice of his family.
Sunday, March 26
- Sanaa Lathan (Family Guy/The Cleveland Show/LateLine) - Catch Sanaa on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Chris Pratt (Parks and Recreation) - Watch Chris on a repeat of Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Richard Dreyfuss (Your Family or Mine) - Richard appears on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Lily Tomlin (Grace and Frankie/Malibu Country) and Jane Fonda (Grace and Frankie) - Lily and Jane are guests on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. They also chat with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Craig Ferguson (The Drew Carey Show) - Craig visits Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC. He will also be on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- Rachel Dratch (Imaginary Mary) - Rachel is a guest on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Pete Holmes (Crashing) - Pete stops by The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Jenna Elfman (Imaginary Mary/1600 Penn/Accidentally on Purpose/Courting Alex/Dharma & Greg) - Jenna appears on Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Ron Funches (Powerless/Undateable) - Ron is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Kaitlin Olson (The Mick/It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia) - Kaitlin drops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Wendi McLendon-Covey (The Goldbergs/Rules of Engagement/Reno 911!) - Wendi appears on a repeat of Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Lisa Kudrow (Friends/The Comeback) - Lisa is a guest on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Mark Consuelos (Alpha House/Hope & Faith) - Mark guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Tahj Mowry, Derek Theler and Jean-Luc Bilodeau (Baby Daddy) - Tahj, Derek and Jean-Luc are guests on Harry, so check your local listings.
- Tika Sumpter (The Game) - Tika appears on a repeat of The Real, so check your local listings.
- Vanessa Bell Calloway (Rhythm & Blues) - Vanessa is a guest on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- June Diane Raphael (Grace and Frankie) - June talks about Grace and Frankie on NBC's Today in the 9am hour.
- Melissa McCarthy (Mike & Molly/Samantha Who?) and Ben Falcone (Joey) - Melissa and Ben talk TV Land's Nobodies on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- Brooklyn Decker (Grace and Frankie/Friends with Better Lives) - Brookyln stops by People Now at 8:30am.
- Marcia Gay Harden (Trophy Wife) - Marcia opens up about her favorite part of being in the 50 Shades movies on People Now at 8:30am. \
- Tracee Ellis Ross (black-ish/Girlfriends) - Tracee dishes about her Golden Globe win on a repeat of The Wendy Williams Show at 2am on BET or on your local stations.