Monday, October 29, 2012
2012 ABC Family 25 Days of Christmas Schedule; Rhea Perlman Joins Kirstie Alley In TV Land Sitcom Pilot
We gave you ABC Family's Countdown to 25 Days of Christmas (Nov. 18-30) schedule, now it's time to give you the actual 25 Days of Christmas (Dec. 1-25) schedule for 2012! The 25 days of holiday programming starts on Saturday, December 1 at 7am with the holiday special Mickey's Once Upon a Christmas followed by movies all day long! This year, "25 Days of Christmas" will feature the world premiere of the ABC Family original holiday musical, The Mistle-Tones, starring Tia Mowry (The Game, Tia and Tamera) and Tori Spelling (Beverly Hills, 90210). Premiering Sunday, December 9 (8:00-10:00 PM ET/PT), the new original movie follows Holly (Mowry), a young woman who decides to create her own Christmas singing group when she is turned down for a spot in legendary group The Snow Belles by the mean spirited Marci (Spelling).
The holiday cheer continues with the ABC Family premiere of the charming holiday movie Fred Claus, starring Vince Vaughn, on Tuesday, December 4 from 10:00PM-12:30AM ET/PT and the basic cable premiere broadcasts of Disney's A Christmas Carol on Thursday, December 6 from 8:00-10:00 PM ET/PT and Despicable Me on Saturday, December 8 from 8:00-10:00 PM ET/PT. Also making their 25 Days of Christmas debut are holiday favorites Elf (Saturday, December 1, 8:00-10:00 PM ET/PT) and the very first Home Alone (Wednesday, December 5, 7:00-9:00 PM ET/PT).
A new generation of viewers can enjoy the Rankin Bass holiday classics such as Rudolph's Shiny New Year (Monday, December 3, 5:30-6:30 PM ET/PT), Frosty's Winter Wonderland (Tuesday, December 4, 7:30PM ET/PT, and Santa Claus is Comin' To Town (Monday, December 10, 8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT). Other returning favorites include National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation (Monday, December 3, 8:00-10:00 PM), The Polar Express (Wednesday, December 5, 9:00PM-12:00 AM ET/PT), and the network premiere of Disney·Pixar's Toy Story 3 (Sunday, December 16, 7:00-9:00 PM ET/PT).
Among the movies I didn't mention airing include Richie Rich's Christmas Wish, A Dennis the Menace Christmas, Miracle on 34th Street (1994), Dr. Seuss' How the Grinch Stole Christmas, Home Alone 4, The Santa Clause, The Santa Clause 2, The Santa Clause 3, Holiday in Handcuffs, and Christmas Cupid. And among the specials I didn't mention include Mickey's Twice Upon a Christmas, Mickey's Christmas Carol, Winnie the Pooh & Christmas Too, Dr. Seuss' The Cat in the Hat, The Little Drummer Boy, Pinocchio's Christmas, The Story of the First Christmas Snow, Disney Prep & Landing, Prep & Landing: Naughty vs. Nice, and A Chipmunk Christmas. Holiday episodes of sitcoms like Boy Meets World, 8 Simple Rules, & Reba will air in their time periods and Full House will get a special airing on Monday, Dec. 24 at 9am, as that series has been on hiatus for awhile. Also, just for the holidays, a holiday mini-marathon of the '90s series Beverly Hills 90210 will air Thursday, Dec. 20 from 7am-11am leading into movies starring cast members from the series like Christmas Caper starring Shannen Doherty.
Other ABC Family December 2012 highlights includes the ABC Family premiere of the Eric Bana movie Hulk on Thursday, Dec. 27 at 8pm and the ABC premiere premiere of Spy Kids on Saturday, December 29 at 9:30am.
View the FULL 2012 ABC Family 25 Days of Christmas schedule. You won't want to miss anything, so print out and enjoy!
A Cheers reunion maybe? Rhea Perlman will reunite with longtime friend and former Cheers co-star Kirstie Alley in the sitcom pilot Giant Baby. Perlman will play Thelma, Maddie's (Alley) long-suffering assistant and best friend, who encourages her boss to form a relationship with the son she gave up for adoption, Arlo (previously known as Owen). The network originally announced the Alley-headlined project as a presentation last month. Giant Baby revolves around Madison "Maddie" Banks, a Broadway star who finds her life turned upside down when Arlo, her long-lost son, turns up looking to connect after his adopted mother has died. However, Maddie doesn't exactly see nerdy and schlubby Arlo fitting in with her luxurious lifestyle. When her attempt to change Arlo backfires, Maddie finds that perhaps they both could use a little change in their lives.
Giant Baby is written and executive produced by Marco Pennette and is also executive produced by Kirstie Alley and Jason Weinberg. Larry W. Jones and Keith Cox serve as executive producers for TV Land. Both Alley and Perlman were in the ABC pilot The Manzanis last season but it never made it past pilot. Stay with us to see if this pilot goes past the pilot stage and gets a series order. There is a good chance it will and it will join Hot in Cleveland, Happily Divorced and The Exes. But stay tuned...
New on DVD/Blu-ray (September)
09/06 - Coach - Season One (Mill Creek) / Season Two / Seasons One and Two
09/06 - South Park - The Complete Ninteenth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Ninth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - Newhart - The Complete Sixth Season
09/20 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Fifth Season
09/20 - Family Matters - The Complete Eighth Season
09/20 - Modern Family - The Complete Season 7
09/20 - Veep - Season 5
09/27 - The Wonder Years - Season Six
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Monday, October 24
Kevin Can Wait - "Beat the Parents" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Kevin and Donna are thrilled when their son, Jack, makes friends with a boy from school, Grayden (Graydon Peter Yosowitz), however, when Donna and Kevin don’t hit it off with Grayden’s arrogant father, Vic (Ray Romano), and his pushy wife, Brandi (Lindsay Broad), they set out to sabotage the boys’ new friendship. Matt Romano guest stars as Vic’s second son, Braden.
Man with a Plan - "Pilot" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Golden Globe Award winner Matt LeBlanc stars as Adam, a contractor who starts spending more time with his three kids when his wife, Andi, goes back to work and discovers the truth all parents eventually realize—their little angels are maniacs.
2 Broke Girls - "And the Godmama Drama" (CBS, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Oleg and Sophie’s plan to have Max and Caroline as Barbara’s godparents is derailed when Oleg’s domineering mother, Olga (Mercedes Ruehl), arrives from the Ukraine for the baby’s baptism and fires Max and Caroline from their godparent duties.
The Odd Couple - "Food Fight" (CBS, 9:30PM ET/PT)
When Oscar learns that his favorite hangout, Langford’s, is in financial trouble, he impulsively asks Felix to help save it, without considering the disastrous consequences. Also, Felix tries to make his mark on the restaurant when the owner, Fred Langford (Fred Willard), puts him in charge for a few days.
Monday, October 24
- Ricky Gervais (The Office) - Watch Ricky on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Tom Hanks (Bosom Buddies) - Tom appears on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. He also talks about Inferno on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am and on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Elijah Wood (Wilfred) - Elijah is a guest on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Ana Gasteyer (People of Earth/Lady Dynamite/Suburgatory) - Ana visits Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Nick Offerman (Parks and Recreation) - Nick stops by The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Ron Howard (Happy Days/The Andy Griffith Show) - Ron appears on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Kate Micucci (Raising Hope/The Big Bang Theory) - Kate is a guest on a repeat of @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Zooey Deschanel (New Girl) - Zooey appears on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Michael Chiklis (Daddio) - Michael drops by Harry, so check your local listings.
- Jameela Jamil (The Good Place) - Jameela appears on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Aya Cash (You're the Worst) - Aya talks about You're the Worst on the AOL Build ShoW at 2pm. She will also be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Will Forte (The Last Man on Earth) - Will is a guest on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am.
- Mary Steenburgen (The Last Man on Earth/Ink) - Mary talks about The Last Man on Earth on NBC's Today in the 10am hour. She will also be on the AOL Build Show at 12:30pm.
- Anna Camp (The Mindy Project) - Anna talks about Good Girls Revolt on People Now at 8:30am.
- James Brolin (Life in Pieces) - James is a guest on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Matt LeBlanc (Man with a Plan/Episodes/Joey/Friends) - Matt appears on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Nico Tortorella (Younger) - Nico guest co-hosts The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.