Wednesday, November 21, 2012
VH1 Classic has acquired the rights to the classic animated comedy Rocky and His Friends. It originally aired on ABC from 1959-61 known as Rocky and His Friends and then as The Bullwinkle Show for the remainder of its run on NBC from 1961-64. The series will begin tomorrow with a Thanksgiving marathon from 11am-7pm. The series will join live action comedies Married...with Children and The Larry Sanders Show on the late night line-up. Rocky and His Friends will air three nights a week Sun-Tues (early Mon-Wed) at 1am following The Larry Sanders Show at 12:30am (which is five days a week, Sun-Thurs) in its new time period. Married...with Children will move to Sun-Thurs at 11:30pm & 12am, so a half-hour earlier. The sitcom will also remain weekdays 6-7pm.
Rocky and His Friends is the animated antics of flying squirrel Rocket J. Squirrel, or Rocky, and his dim companion, Bullwinkle J. Moose. And let's not forget the two spies who always complicate things for our heroes: Boris Badenov and Natasha Fatale.
BET will be sharing the comedy Moesha with sister network Centric beginning next week! Centric has been airing the series since October, airing it weekdays from 2-3pm ET. Moesha will actually get a marathon on BET on Thanksgiving Day from 8am-3pm and an overnight marathon on Sunday, Nov. 25 from 11:30am-8am leading into its new regular time period on BET beginning Monday, Nov. 26. BET will air the Brandy sitcom weekdays from 8-9am ET, cutting back an hour of Everybody Hates Chris, which will remain airing 9-10am. No other schedule changes will be made on BET, as My Wife & Kids, The Jamie Foxx Show, and The Parkers remain in their time periods from 10am-4pm.
BET will also showcase Thanksgiving weekend marathons of The Parkers and The Steve Harvey Show on Friday and Saturday. Moesha will get another marathon on Saturday, Dec. 15 from 10am-5pm. Stay with us for any more news on BET and Centric.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (September)
09/06 - Coach - Season One (Mill Creek) / Season Two / Seasons One and Two
09/06 - South Park - The Complete Ninteenth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Ninth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - Newhart - The Complete Sixth Season
09/20 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Fifth Season
09/20 - Family Matters - The Complete Eighth Season
09/20 - Modern Family - The Complete Season 7
09/20 - Veep - Season 5
09/27 - The Wonder Years - Season Six
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Friday, October 28
Bunk'd - "Treehouse of Terror" (Disney Channel, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Zuri, Jorge and Tiffany enlist the support of an unexpected camper to help restore an abandoned treehouse, so they can use it as a new hangout; Emma and Lou and Ravi and Xander get competitive during a friendly game of billiards.
Tyler Perry's For Better or Worse - "Do What You Gotta Do" (OWN, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Joseph experiences an episode of sexual frustration due to Leslie's vow of chastity.
Friday, October 28
- John Lithgow (3rd Rock from the Sun/Twenty Good Years) - Watch John on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Drew Carey (The Drew Carey Show/The Good Life) - Drew visits on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. He also talks about The Price is Right on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- Kevin Hart (The Big House/Undeclared) - Kevin appears on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Terry Crews (Brooklyn Nine-Nine?/Are We There Yet?/Everybody Hates Chris) - Terry is a guest on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Ricky Gervais (The Office) - Ricky stops by LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Colin Hanks (Life in Pieces) - Colin joins the Chew Crew on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Melissa Joan Hart (Melissa & Joey/Sabrina, the Teenage Witch/Clarissa Explains It All) - Melissa looks back at her earliest memories on Clarissa Explains It All – and says she was really bossy on People Now at 8:30am.
- Damon Wayans (My Wife and Kids) - Damon is a guest on The Real, so check your local listings.