Tuesday, September 04, 2012
Centric will be adding a few new sitcoms this fall! The Centric fall 2012 schedule will begin on Monday, Oct. 1 and they will be adding the popular sitcom Moesha starring Brandy and the late Bernie Mac's comedy Bernie Mac, which will move over from sister network BET. Moesha will air back-to-back at 2:00pm & 2:30pm and also in primetime at 9:00pm & 9:30pm, while Bernie Mac will air in primetime at 8:00pm & 8:30pm and again at 12 midnight & 12:30am. The Jamie Foxx Show will be leaving the line-up, but that comedy will move to sister network BET. We will have more on that when we announce BET's Fall 2012 schedule, so stay tuned for that! Elsewhere on the schedule, In Living Color is back on Centric to a regular time period airing weekdays at 11:00am & 11:30am, as is Girlfriends airing weekdays at 1:00pm & 1:30pm. This means 227 is off the schedule completely, as its contract expires at the end of September. Other favorites like The Cosby Show, A-Team, Miami Vice, Steve Harvey Show, Wayans Bros and NY Undercover will remain on the schedule. And if you're wondering, yes Moesha will remain on GMC TV as well, as we mentioned.
That's pretty much the fall 2012 schedule, but of course on weekends we will get marathon stunts. Moesha will get a marathon on Saturday, Oct. 6 from 11am-7pm (select encores 2-4am) and Sunday, Oct. 7 from 10am-5pm. In primetime those two days, you'll see episodes of Bernie Mac, Steve Harvey Show, In Living Color, Girlfriends, Cosby Show, and Wayans Bros - all of which air weekdays as well. Beginning Friday, Oct. 5, Centric will air the syndicated first-run sitcoms The First Family and Mr. Box Office in the 8pm hour. Both sitcoms are going to be airing this fall on weekends in broadcast syndication (in NYC on Saturdays in primetime on WPIX). Back to weekends, Centric marathons for September are: Girlfriends (Friday, Sept. 7 from 10am-11pm), The Cosby Show (Saturday, Sept. 8 & Sunday, Sept. 9 from 10am-11pm), The Jamie Foxx Show (Saturday, Sept. 15 & Sunday, Sept. 16 from 11am-9pm), The Steve Harvey Show (Saturday, Sept. 22 & Sunday, Sept. 23 from 11am-9pm), and a Shaka Zulu stunt (Saturday, Sept. 29 & Sunday, Sept. 30 from 11am-11pm). We will keep you up to date of the October marathons.
View the full Centric Fall 2012 schedule. Stay tuned for further updates. Moesha is a sitcom (which, in later years, took more of a dramatic turn) that follows the life and times of a black teenager living in the Leimert Park section of Los Angeles, CA. For years since her mother died, Moesha Mitchell has taken care of her father Frank and younger brother Myles. So when a teacher at her school, Dee, marries Frank, Moesha feels her territory being encroached upon by a new step mother. Bernie Mac follows a stand-up comedian that suddenly becomes a father when he takes custody of his sister's three children.
Maude is turning 40! The hit '70s sitcom starring Bea Arthur will be celebrating its 40th anniversary on Wednesday, September 12, 2012 and Antenna TV will celebrate with an all-day marathon beginning at 11am and lasting into the wee hours to 3am! That's 16 hours (32 episodes) worth of Maude! Classic episodes from all six seasons will be represented. "Watch it!" Episodes airing in the marathon include the series premiere "Maude's Problem," where Maude resents Carol's psychoanalysis. Other episodes include "Walter's 50th Birthday," where Walter sinks into depression as his 50th birthday nears; "Consenting Adults," where Walter leaves when Maude decides to run; and "Feminine Fulfillment," where Maude looks for the reason for Vivian's erratic behavior.. Maude regularly airs on Antenna TV Mon-Thurs 8pm & 8:30pm ET and Sunday nights at 2am & 2:30a ET.
View the episode list for the Maude 40th Anniversary Marathon on Antenna TV, or "God'll get you for that!" Sitcoms come and go. And then there's Maude, the groundbreaking Norman Lear comedy. The show revolves around Maude Findlay (Bea Arthur), a very outspoken middle-class woman who wears her liberal politics on her sleeve and shares her home in suburban Tuckahoe, N.Y., with fourth husband Walter (Bill Macy); her divorced daughter, Carol (Adrienne Barbeau); and Carol's adolescent son, Phillip (Brian Morrison). Walter and Maude's best friends are next-door neighbors Dr. Arthur (Conrad Bain) and Vivian Harmon (Rue McClanahan). Among the domestic help that Maude helps "liberate" during the run of the show are Florida Evans (Esther Rolle) and Mrs. Nell Naugatuck (Hermione Baddeley). Maude premiered on Tuesday, September 12, 1972 at 8pm on CBS.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (October/November/December)
10/07 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - Classic Christmas Episodes
10/07 - The Flying Nun - The Complete First and Second Seasons (Mill Creek)
10/07 - The Middle - The Complete Fifth Season (Warner Archive)
10/07 - The Office - The Complete Series
10/07 - The Wonders Years - Season One
10/10 - The Wonder Years - The Complete Series - Read Our Review / The Signature Edition / Seasons 1-3
10/14 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Third Season
10/14 - Two and a Half Men - The Complete Eleventh Season
10/21 - Married with Children - Seasons 5 and 6 (Mill Crek)
10/21 - The Soul Man - The Complete Second Season
10/21 - Square Pegs - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
10/28 - WKRP in Cincinnati - The Complete Series / Read Our Review
11/04 - Hot in Cleveland - Season Five
11/04 - Napoleon Dynamite - The Complete Animated Series
11/04 - Sgt. Bilko (The Phil Silvers Show) - The Complete Series
11/11 - Dads - The Complete Series
11/11 - Family Ties - The Complete Series
11/11 - My Favorite Martian - Best of Collection
11/11 - Taxi - The Complete Series
11/11 - Wings - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
11/18 - King of the Hill - The Complete Seventh Season / The Complete Eighth Season
11/25 - Better Off Ted - The Complete Second Season
12/02 - Happy Days - The Sixth Season
12/09 - Barney Miller - The Complete Sixth Season
12/09 - The Jeffersons - The Complete Series
12/09 - Mister Ed - The Complete Series
12/09 - Mork & Mindy - The Fourth Season / The Complete Series
12/16 - The Many Loves of Dobie Gillis - The Final (Fourth) Season
12/23 - My Favorite Martian - Season Two - Collector's Edition
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Sunday, November 23
The Simpsons - "Brick Like Me" (Fox, 7:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Homer wakes up in a world where his family and everyone in Springfield are made of Legos. Can he “put together” how he got there, and figure out how to get home before he’s stuck in a world of bricks forever?
Mulaney - "Patriot Acts" (Fox, 7:30PM ET/PT)
When Jane starts dating a marine, John and Motif, feeling guilty for their lack of service, try to sign up for a USO Comedy Tour. Meanwhile, Lou recounts how war – and improv – are hell.
The Simpsons - "Covercraft" (Fox, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Homer has a mid-life crisis, takes up bass guitar and forms a cover band with some of the other dads in town. But the band’s modest early success is soon overwhelmed by the breakout potential of their most unlikely star, Apu.
Brooklyn Nine-Nine - "USPIS" (Fox, 8:30PM ET/PT)
While attempting to catch a drug dealer, Jake and Charles reluctantly join forces with the nerdy lead investigator at the U.S. Postal Service, Jack Danger (guest star Ed Helms). Meanwhile, the rest of the team helps Amy quit smoking.
Family Guy - "Grimm Job" (Fox, 9:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
From Grimm to Griffin, three classic fairy tales get a new Quahog spin, including “Jack and the Beanstalk,” “Little Red Riding Hood,” and “Cinderella.”
Bob's Burgers - "Dawn of the Peck" (Fox, 9:30PM ET/PT)
While Bob is boycotting the holiday, Linda and the kids spend Thanksgiving at the First Annual Fischoeder Turk-tacular Turkey Town Festival. However, a wild bird attack leads to total mayhem.
Austin & Ally - "Relationships and Red Carpets" (Disney Channel, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Austin's record label wants him to hide his relationship with Ally; Dez considers moving to Los Angeles to attend film school and be closer to his girlfriend.
Liv and Maddie - "Hoops-a-Rooney" (Disney Channel, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Liv is offered the lead in a basketball movie; Willow and Maddie help teach her how to play basketball.
Sunday, November 23
- Meredith Baxter (Family Ties/Bridget Loves Bernie) - Meredith will be featured on Oprah: Where Are They Now? at 9pm ET/PT on OWN.
- Tim Allen (Last Man Standing/Home Impprovment) - Watch Tim on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC. He will also be on LIVE! with Kelly and Michael, so check your listings.
- Jennifer Aniston (Friends) - Jennifer appears on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Ken Jeong (Community) - Ken is a guest on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- William Shatner ($#*! My Dad Says) - William visits The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:37am on CBS.
- John Goodman (Roseanne/Normal, Ohio) - John drops by Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC. He discusses The Gambler on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am.
- Ken Marino (Marry Me/Party Down) - Ken appears on a repeat of Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Will Arnett (The Millers/Up All Night/Arrested Development) - Will is a guest on a repeat of Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Jennifer Lawrence (The Bill Engvall Show) - Tune in to see Jennnifer on a repeat of The Colbert Report at 11:30pm on Comedy Central.
- Anna Camp (The Mindy Project) - Anna appears on a repeat of Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Tom Lennon (Reno 911!/Sean Saves the World) - Tom is a guest on a repeat of @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Brooke Shields (Suddenly Susan) - Brooke discusses her new book (There Was a Little Girl) on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Yara Shahidi (black-ish) - Yara stops by Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Candace Cameron Bure (Full House) and Marilu Henner (Taxi/Evening Shade) - Candace and Marilu will be on the Home & Family Holiday Special on Hallmark Channel at 8pm ET/PT. It repeats at 10am ET/PT on Tuesday. Candace will also be on Arise TV on their website at 3pm and on Centric at 3am on Tuesday. She is a guest on Fox and Friends on Fox News Channel at 8:30am. She will be on HuffPost Live at 1:00pm. Candace's Christmas Under Wraps premieres on November 29 at 8/7C on Hallmark Channel.
- Tori Spelling (Mystery Girls) - Tori and Dean McDermott talk about their fight to save their marriage on The Dr. Oz Show, so check your local listings.
- Michael Urie (Partners) - Michael will be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Kristin Chenoweth (Kristin) - Kristin joins the Chew Crew on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Holly Robinson Peete (Hangin' with Mr. Cooper/For Your Love) - Holly will be part of the Plugged In panel on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Tim Meadows and Dan Bucatinsky (Marry Me) - Tim and Dan are guests on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Aubrey Plaza (Parks and Recreation) - Aubrey talks about Grumpy Cat's Worst Christmas Ever on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am.