Tuesday, September 04, 2012
Centric will be adding a few new sitcoms this fall! The Centric fall 2012 schedule will begin on Monday, Oct. 1 and they will be adding the popular sitcom Moesha starring Brandy and the late Bernie Mac's comedy Bernie Mac, which will move over from sister network BET. Moesha will air back-to-back at 2:00pm & 2:30pm and also in primetime at 9:00pm & 9:30pm, while Bernie Mac will air in primetime at 8:00pm & 8:30pm and again at 12 midnight & 12:30am. The Jamie Foxx Show will be leaving the line-up, but that comedy will move to sister network BET. We will have more on that when we announce BET's Fall 2012 schedule, so stay tuned for that! Elsewhere on the schedule, In Living Color is back on Centric to a regular time period airing weekdays at 11:00am & 11:30am, as is Girlfriends airing weekdays at 1:00pm & 1:30pm. This means 227 is off the schedule completely, as its contract expires at the end of September. Other favorites like The Cosby Show, A-Team, Miami Vice, Steve Harvey Show, Wayans Bros and NY Undercover will remain on the schedule. And if you're wondering, yes Moesha will remain on GMC TV as well, as we mentioned.
That's pretty much the fall 2012 schedule, but of course on weekends we will get marathon stunts. Moesha will get a marathon on Saturday, Oct. 6 from 11am-7pm (select encores 2-4am) and Sunday, Oct. 7 from 10am-5pm. In primetime those two days, you'll see episodes of Bernie Mac, Steve Harvey Show, In Living Color, Girlfriends, Cosby Show, and Wayans Bros - all of which air weekdays as well. Beginning Friday, Oct. 5, Centric will air the syndicated first-run sitcoms The First Family and Mr. Box Office in the 8pm hour. Both sitcoms are going to be airing this fall on weekends in broadcast syndication (in NYC on Saturdays in primetime on WPIX). Back to weekends, Centric marathons for September are: Girlfriends (Friday, Sept. 7 from 10am-11pm), The Cosby Show (Saturday, Sept. 8 & Sunday, Sept. 9 from 10am-11pm), The Jamie Foxx Show (Saturday, Sept. 15 & Sunday, Sept. 16 from 11am-9pm), The Steve Harvey Show (Saturday, Sept. 22 & Sunday, Sept. 23 from 11am-9pm), and a Shaka Zulu stunt (Saturday, Sept. 29 & Sunday, Sept. 30 from 11am-11pm). We will keep you up to date of the October marathons.
View the full Centric Fall 2012 schedule. Stay tuned for further updates. Moesha is a sitcom (which, in later years, took more of a dramatic turn) that follows the life and times of a black teenager living in the Leimert Park section of Los Angeles, CA. For years since her mother died, Moesha Mitchell has taken care of her father Frank and younger brother Myles. So when a teacher at her school, Dee, marries Frank, Moesha feels her territory being encroached upon by a new step mother. Bernie Mac follows a stand-up comedian that suddenly becomes a father when he takes custody of his sister's three children.
Maude is turning 40! The hit '70s sitcom starring Bea Arthur will be celebrating its 40th anniversary on Wednesday, September 12, 2012 and Antenna TV will celebrate with an all-day marathon beginning at 11am and lasting into the wee hours to 3am! That's 16 hours (32 episodes) worth of Maude! Classic episodes from all six seasons will be represented. "Watch it!" Episodes airing in the marathon include the series premiere "Maude's Problem," where Maude resents Carol's psychoanalysis. Other episodes include "Walter's 50th Birthday," where Walter sinks into depression as his 50th birthday nears; "Consenting Adults," where Walter leaves when Maude decides to run; and "Feminine Fulfillment," where Maude looks for the reason for Vivian's erratic behavior.. Maude regularly airs on Antenna TV Mon-Thurs 8pm & 8:30pm ET and Sunday nights at 2am & 2:30a ET.
View the episode list for the Maude 40th Anniversary Marathon on Antenna TV, or "God'll get you for that!" Sitcoms come and go. And then there's Maude, the groundbreaking Norman Lear comedy. The show revolves around Maude Findlay (Bea Arthur), a very outspoken middle-class woman who wears her liberal politics on her sleeve and shares her home in suburban Tuckahoe, N.Y., with fourth husband Walter (Bill Macy); her divorced daughter, Carol (Adrienne Barbeau); and Carol's adolescent son, Phillip (Brian Morrison). Walter and Maude's best friends are next-door neighbors Dr. Arthur (Conrad Bain) and Vivian Harmon (Rue McClanahan). Among the domestic help that Maude helps "liberate" during the run of the show are Florida Evans (Esther Rolle) and Mrs. Nell Naugatuck (Hermione Baddeley). Maude premiered on Tuesday, September 12, 1972 at 8pm on CBS.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (June)
06/14 - Ballers - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
06/14 - The League - Season 7 - The Final Fantasy
06/14 - The League - The Complete Series
06/14 - Maude - The Complete Fifth Season
06/14 - Survivor's Remorse - The Complete Second Season
06/21 - Workaholics - Season Six
06/24 - The Monkees - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
06/28 - Two Guys and a Girl - The Complete Series
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Thursday, June 30
The Big Bang Theory - "The Application Deterioration" (CBS, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Leonard, Sheldon, and Wolowitz run into problems when they file for a patent for their infinite persistence gyroscope. Also, Penny, Amy and Bernadette give Koothrappali dating advice when Emily reaches out to him after their breakup.
Life in Pieces - "Bite Flight Wing-Man Bonnie" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Heather and Tim finally find another couple they actually like to socialize with, but Sophia and their son don’t hit it off. Also, Greg insists he and Jen take separate flights in case something happens to the plane, Matt and John take Gary (Martin Mull) out to meet women, and Matt’s ex-wife, Bonnie (Brenda Song), surprises him with a visit. NFL Hall of Famer Marshall Faulk guest stars as himself. Academy Award winner Helen Hunt directed the episode.
Sex&Drugs&Rock&Roll - "All That Glitters Is Gold" (FX, 10:00PM ET/PT)
The sudden death of an old friend forces the band to question where they're at and where they're going.
Thursday, June 30
- Ellie Kemper (Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt/The Office) - Catch Ellie on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. She will also be on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Cedric the Entertainer (The Soul Man/The Steve Harvey Show) - Cedric appears on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Rebel Wilson (Super Fun Night) - Rebel is a guest on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- David Schwimmer (Friends) - David appears on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Jim Gaffigan (The Jim Gaffigan Show/My Boys/Welcome to New York) and Adam Goldberg (The Jim Gaffigan Show) - Jim and Adam are guests on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight. Jim will also be on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Aubrey Plaza (Parks and Recreation) - Aubrey drops by Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Adam Devine (Workaholics/Modern Family) - Adam and Zac Efron are guests on Conan at 11pm on TBS. Adam will also be on Chelsea on Netflix.
- Maria Bamford (Lady Dynamite) - Maria appears on Chelsea on Netflix.
- Mark Consuelos (Hope & Faith) - Mark guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Nick Jonas (Jonas L.A.) - Nick appears on a repeat of The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Sarah Michelle Gellar (The Crazy Ones) - Sarah shares two of her favorite dessert recipes you can make with your kids on a repeat of The Meredith Vieira Show, so check your local listings.
- Sayeed Shahidi (Uncle Buck/The First Family) - Sayeed is a guest on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Mario Cantone (Sex and the City) - Mario is a guest on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Denis Leary (Sex&Drugs&Rock&Roll/The Job) and Elizabeth Gillies (Sex&Drugs&Rock&Roll/Victorious) - Denis and Leary talk about Sex&Drugs&Rock&Roll on the AOL Build Show at 1pm. Denis will also beon CBS This Morning sometime between 7-9am.
- Donald Faison (The Exes/Scrubs) - Donald guest co-hosts Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Nia Long (Uncle Buck/The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air) - Nia is a guest on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Jamie Lynn Spears (Zoey 101) - Jamie is a guest on People Now at 8:30am.
- Jane Krakowski (Undateable Kimmy Schmidt/30 Rock) - Jane appears on People Now at 8:30am.