Tuesday, September 04, 2012
Centric will be adding a few new sitcoms this fall! The Centric fall 2012 schedule will begin on Monday, Oct. 1 and they will be adding the popular sitcom Moesha starring Brandy and the late Bernie Mac's comedy Bernie Mac, which will move over from sister network BET. Moesha will air back-to-back at 2:00pm & 2:30pm and also in primetime at 9:00pm & 9:30pm, while Bernie Mac will air in primetime at 8:00pm & 8:30pm and again at 12 midnight & 12:30am. The Jamie Foxx Show will be leaving the line-up, but that comedy will move to sister network BET. We will have more on that when we announce BET's Fall 2012 schedule, so stay tuned for that! Elsewhere on the schedule, In Living Color is back on Centric to a regular time period airing weekdays at 11:00am & 11:30am, as is Girlfriends airing weekdays at 1:00pm & 1:30pm. This means 227 is off the schedule completely, as its contract expires at the end of September. Other favorites like The Cosby Show, A-Team, Miami Vice, Steve Harvey Show, Wayans Bros and NY Undercover will remain on the schedule. And if you're wondering, yes Moesha will remain on GMC TV as well, as we mentioned.
That's pretty much the fall 2012 schedule, but of course on weekends we will get marathon stunts. Moesha will get a marathon on Saturday, Oct. 6 from 11am-7pm (select encores 2-4am) and Sunday, Oct. 7 from 10am-5pm. In primetime those two days, you'll see episodes of Bernie Mac, Steve Harvey Show, In Living Color, Girlfriends, Cosby Show, and Wayans Bros - all of which air weekdays as well. Beginning Friday, Oct. 5, Centric will air the syndicated first-run sitcoms The First Family and Mr. Box Office in the 8pm hour. Both sitcoms are going to be airing this fall on weekends in broadcast syndication (in NYC on Saturdays in primetime on WPIX). Back to weekends, Centric marathons for September are: Girlfriends (Friday, Sept. 7 from 10am-11pm), The Cosby Show (Saturday, Sept. 8 & Sunday, Sept. 9 from 10am-11pm), The Jamie Foxx Show (Saturday, Sept. 15 & Sunday, Sept. 16 from 11am-9pm), The Steve Harvey Show (Saturday, Sept. 22 & Sunday, Sept. 23 from 11am-9pm), and a Shaka Zulu stunt (Saturday, Sept. 29 & Sunday, Sept. 30 from 11am-11pm). We will keep you up to date of the October marathons.
View the full Centric Fall 2012 schedule. Stay tuned for further updates. Moesha is a sitcom (which, in later years, took more of a dramatic turn) that follows the life and times of a black teenager living in the Leimert Park section of Los Angeles, CA. For years since her mother died, Moesha Mitchell has taken care of her father Frank and younger brother Myles. So when a teacher at her school, Dee, marries Frank, Moesha feels her territory being encroached upon by a new step mother. Bernie Mac follows a stand-up comedian that suddenly becomes a father when he takes custody of his sister's three children.
Maude is turning 40! The hit '70s sitcom starring Bea Arthur will be celebrating its 40th anniversary on Wednesday, September 12, 2012 and Antenna TV will celebrate with an all-day marathon beginning at 11am and lasting into the wee hours to 3am! That's 16 hours (32 episodes) worth of Maude! Classic episodes from all six seasons will be represented. "Watch it!" Episodes airing in the marathon include the series premiere "Maude's Problem," where Maude resents Carol's psychoanalysis. Other episodes include "Walter's 50th Birthday," where Walter sinks into depression as his 50th birthday nears; "Consenting Adults," where Walter leaves when Maude decides to run; and "Feminine Fulfillment," where Maude looks for the reason for Vivian's erratic behavior.. Maude regularly airs on Antenna TV Mon-Thurs 8pm & 8:30pm ET and Sunday nights at 2am & 2:30a ET.
View the episode list for the Maude 40th Anniversary Marathon on Antenna TV, or "God'll get you for that!" Sitcoms come and go. And then there's Maude, the groundbreaking Norman Lear comedy. The show revolves around Maude Findlay (Bea Arthur), a very outspoken middle-class woman who wears her liberal politics on her sleeve and shares her home in suburban Tuckahoe, N.Y., with fourth husband Walter (Bill Macy); her divorced daughter, Carol (Adrienne Barbeau); and Carol's adolescent son, Phillip (Brian Morrison). Walter and Maude's best friends are next-door neighbors Dr. Arthur (Conrad Bain) and Vivian Harmon (Rue McClanahan). Among the domestic help that Maude helps "liberate" during the run of the show are Florida Evans (Esther Rolle) and Mrs. Nell Naugatuck (Hermione Baddeley). Maude premiered on Tuesday, September 12, 1972 at 8pm on CBS.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (June)
06/02 - Parks and Recreation - Season Seven - The Farewell Season
06/02 - Parks and Recreation - The Complete Series
06/02 - Soap - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
06/02 - The Abbott and Costello Show - The Ultimate Collection
06/09 - The Facts of Life - Season Six
06/16 - The Cosby Show - Season 7 (Mill Creek)
06/16 - The Cosby Show - Season 8 (Mill Creek)
06/16 - The Cosby Show - Seasons 7 & 8 (Mill Creek)
06/16 - Laverne & Shirley - The Complete Series
06/16 - The Odd Couple - The Complete Series
06/16 - Two and a Half Men - The Complete Twelfth and Final Season
06/16 - Two and a Half Men - The Complete Series
06/23 - George Lopez - The Complete Fourth Season
06/23 - Workaholics - Season Five (Blu-ray)
06/30 - The Donna Reed Show - Season 3 (MPI Home Video)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Monday, June 29
2 Broke Girls - "And the Move-In Meltdown" (CBS, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Max, Caroline, Earl and Han help Oleg move into Sophie’s apartment until she begins turning away all of his things.
Mike & Molly - "The World According to Peggy" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Molly plans a party after hearing that Peggy is suddenly retiring.
Odd Mom Out - "Brooklandia" (Bravo, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Jill falls in love with the down-to-earth moms in attendance at a friend's backyard party in Brooklyn, then she realizes the grass may not always be greener on the other side.
Monday, June 29
- Jack Black (The Brink) - Watch Jack on a repeat of The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Jeff Garlin (The Goldbergs/Curb Your Enthusiasm) - Jeff appears on a repeat of The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Melissa McCarthy (Mike & Molly/Samantha Who?) - Melissa is a guest on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Anna Faris (Mom) - Anna appears on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Tituss Burgess (Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt/30 Rock) - Tituss is a guest on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Zach Woods (Silicon Valley/Playing House/The Office) - Zach appears on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Denis Leary (Sex&Drugs&Rock&Roll/The Job) - Denis speaks about the series Sex&Drugs&Rock&Roll on LIVE! with Kelly and Michael, so check your listings.
- Joey McIntyre (The McCarthys) - Joey is a guest on a repeat of The Meredith Vieira ShoW, so check your local listings.
- Jada Pinkett Smith (A Different World) - Jada talks about Magic Mike XXL on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am, on The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT and on People Now. She also appears on a repeat of The Queen Latifah Show, so check your local listings.
- Ellie Kemper (Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt/The Office) - Ellie stops by NBC's Today in the 9am hour.
- Terry Crews (Brooklyn Nine-Nine/Are We There Yet?/Everybody Hates Chris) - Terry appears on a repeat of Rachael Ray, so check your local listings.