Tuesday, September 04, 2012
Centric will be adding a few new sitcoms this fall! The Centric fall 2012 schedule will begin on Monday, Oct. 1 and they will be adding the popular sitcom Moesha starring Brandy and the late Bernie Mac's comedy Bernie Mac, which will move over from sister network BET. Moesha will air back-to-back at 2:00pm & 2:30pm and also in primetime at 9:00pm & 9:30pm, while Bernie Mac will air in primetime at 8:00pm & 8:30pm and again at 12 midnight & 12:30am. The Jamie Foxx Show will be leaving the line-up, but that comedy will move to sister network BET. We will have more on that when we announce BET's Fall 2012 schedule, so stay tuned for that! Elsewhere on the schedule, In Living Color is back on Centric to a regular time period airing weekdays at 11:00am & 11:30am, as is Girlfriends airing weekdays at 1:00pm & 1:30pm. This means 227 is off the schedule completely, as its contract expires at the end of September. Other favorites like The Cosby Show, A-Team, Miami Vice, Steve Harvey Show, Wayans Bros and NY Undercover will remain on the schedule. And if you're wondering, yes Moesha will remain on GMC TV as well, as we mentioned.
That's pretty much the fall 2012 schedule, but of course on weekends we will get marathon stunts. Moesha will get a marathon on Saturday, Oct. 6 from 11am-7pm (select encores 2-4am) and Sunday, Oct. 7 from 10am-5pm. In primetime those two days, you'll see episodes of Bernie Mac, Steve Harvey Show, In Living Color, Girlfriends, Cosby Show, and Wayans Bros - all of which air weekdays as well. Beginning Friday, Oct. 5, Centric will air the syndicated first-run sitcoms The First Family and Mr. Box Office in the 8pm hour. Both sitcoms are going to be airing this fall on weekends in broadcast syndication (in NYC on Saturdays in primetime on WPIX). Back to weekends, Centric marathons for September are: Girlfriends (Friday, Sept. 7 from 10am-11pm), The Cosby Show (Saturday, Sept. 8 & Sunday, Sept. 9 from 10am-11pm), The Jamie Foxx Show (Saturday, Sept. 15 & Sunday, Sept. 16 from 11am-9pm), The Steve Harvey Show (Saturday, Sept. 22 & Sunday, Sept. 23 from 11am-9pm), and a Shaka Zulu stunt (Saturday, Sept. 29 & Sunday, Sept. 30 from 11am-11pm). We will keep you up to date of the October marathons.
View the full Centric Fall 2012 schedule. Stay tuned for further updates. Moesha is a sitcom (which, in later years, took more of a dramatic turn) that follows the life and times of a black teenager living in the Leimert Park section of Los Angeles, CA. For years since her mother died, Moesha Mitchell has taken care of her father Frank and younger brother Myles. So when a teacher at her school, Dee, marries Frank, Moesha feels her territory being encroached upon by a new step mother. Bernie Mac follows a stand-up comedian that suddenly becomes a father when he takes custody of his sister's three children.
Maude is turning 40! The hit '70s sitcom starring Bea Arthur will be celebrating its 40th anniversary on Wednesday, September 12, 2012 and Antenna TV will celebrate with an all-day marathon beginning at 11am and lasting into the wee hours to 3am! That's 16 hours (32 episodes) worth of Maude! Classic episodes from all six seasons will be represented. "Watch it!" Episodes airing in the marathon include the series premiere "Maude's Problem," where Maude resents Carol's psychoanalysis. Other episodes include "Walter's 50th Birthday," where Walter sinks into depression as his 50th birthday nears; "Consenting Adults," where Walter leaves when Maude decides to run; and "Feminine Fulfillment," where Maude looks for the reason for Vivian's erratic behavior.. Maude regularly airs on Antenna TV Mon-Thurs 8pm & 8:30pm ET and Sunday nights at 2am & 2:30a ET.
View the episode list for the Maude 40th Anniversary Marathon on Antenna TV, or "God'll get you for that!" Sitcoms come and go. And then there's Maude, the groundbreaking Norman Lear comedy. The show revolves around Maude Findlay (Bea Arthur), a very outspoken middle-class woman who wears her liberal politics on her sleeve and shares her home in suburban Tuckahoe, N.Y., with fourth husband Walter (Bill Macy); her divorced daughter, Carol (Adrienne Barbeau); and Carol's adolescent son, Phillip (Brian Morrison). Walter and Maude's best friends are next-door neighbors Dr. Arthur (Conrad Bain) and Vivian Harmon (Rue McClanahan). Among the domestic help that Maude helps "liberate" during the run of the show are Florida Evans (Esther Rolle) and Mrs. Nell Naugatuck (Hermione Baddeley). Maude premiered on Tuesday, September 12, 1972 at 8pm on CBS.
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Saturday, August 30
Monday, September 1
- Jennifer Aniston (Friends) - Watch Jennifer on a repeat of Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC. There's a Friends reunion with Courteney Cox and Lisa Kudrow.
- Joseph Gordon-Levitt (3rd Rock from the Sun) - Joseph is a guest on a repeat of The Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Derek Waters (Married to the Kellys) - Derek appears on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Judy Greer (Mad Love/Arrested Development/Miss Guided) - Tune in to see Judy on a repeat of Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Kym Whitley (Young & Hungry/Animal Practice/Sparks) - Kym is a guest on a repeat of The Arsenio Hall Show, so check your local listings.
- Yvette Nicole Brown (Community) - Yvette guest co-hosts a repeat of ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Patricia Heaton (The Middle/Back to You/Everybody Loves Raymond - Patricia sells a treasure from The Middle on a repeat of Rachael Ray, so check your local listings.
- Debi Mazar (Entourage/Working) - Debi and her husband, Gabriele Corcos, share their passion for Tuscan food and each other on a repeat of Katie, so check your local listings.
- Jane Leeves (Hot in Cleveland/Frasier/Throb) - Jane appears on a repeat of The Queen Latifah Show on your local station or at 3am on BET.