Tuesday, October 16, 2012
The Hallmark Channel will be making some schedule changes beginning next week - Monday, Oct. 22, 2012. The changes will be for the daytime line-up, and yes they will be moving some timeslots for its original series. First, the weekday 9am hour will now an encore of daytime talk show Marie, instead of back-to-back Golden Girls. The talk show did not have an encore airing, so now it will, and The Golden Girls will remain in the 8am hour. From 10am-12pm, original series Home & Family will continue to air leading into original episodes of Marie at 12 noon. However from 1-3pm, the encore of Home & Family will be replaced by four episodes of Frasier! Since the 9am hour of The Golden Girls was replaced, Hallmark will move that hour to 3-4pm, replacing The Waltons. And the final change is that The Waltons will also no longer air at 4pm & 5pm, as the Home & Family encore will be moving to this block now. So yes, this means The Waltons will be off the schedule for now.
The rest of the Hallmark Channel line-up will remain intact with Little House from 6-10pm (except NUMB3RS on Mondays from 8-10pm), then Frasier from 10pm-12am, Golden Girls from 12-2am, Cheers from 2-3am, Frasier from 3am-5am, and I Love Lucy still from 5am-8am. But don't forget in November and December, holiday movies will take over for most of the day, so you won't see the regular schedule until January...and that will include the addition of The Brady Bunch! Stay with us for further details!
Just a programming note that the classic '80s series Knight Rider is back on cable and is airing on G4, as of Oct. 1. The series starring David Hasselhoff as Michael Knight and William Daniels as the voice KITT, is airing weekdays at 11am & 12pm and again in late night at 3am & 4am. The series was last seen on the digital over the air network Retro TV. The series also briefly aired on TV Land in 2007 and had a better run on Sci-Fi before that.
In this classic '80s NBC series, a former cop gets a new identity and teams with a talking supercar to fight crime after a wealthy benefactor saves his life. The chiseled lead actor had his fans, but the show was truly driven by the sleek, droll automobile KITT (Knight Industries Two Thousand), a customized Pontiac Trans-Am that kept the hero on the straight and narrow between fistfights and female conquests. A TV-movie reunited man and car in 1991, and a sequel series, Team Knight Rider, ran on ABC in 1997-98. There was also a short-lived revival in 2008 on NBC with Michael Knight's son now as Knight Rider.
Knight Rider is replacing Quantum Leap on the schedule. Other series G4 airs includes Lost, Heroes, Cops and Cheaters.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (January/February)
01/03 - Girls - The Complete Fifth Season (Blu-ray)
01/10 - Broad City - Season 3
01/17 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #2 (Colorized)
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume One
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume Two
01/24 - Hooperman - Season One / Review
01/24 - Hooperman - Season Two / Review
01/31 - Ballers - The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
02/07 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - Sabrina Down Under
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 1 - School's Cool - Boy Crazy
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 2 - About a Family - Hangin' Out
02/07 - 227 - The Complete First Season (Mill Creek)
02/07 - Vice Principals - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
02/14 - Beavis and Butt-Head - The Complete Collection
02/14 - Grace and Frankie - Season Two
02/28 - Fuller House - The Complete First Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Sunday, February 19
Son of Zorn - "The Quest for Craig" (Fox, 7:00M ET/PT) (Repeat)
When Craig runs off to get some perspective on his relationship with Edie, a road trip ensues to bring him back. Meanwhile, Alan’s Zephyrian legs actually make him popular at school, but his desperation to fit in seriously puts off his lady.
The Simpsons - "Trust but Clarify" (Fox, 7:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Lisa and Bart investigate Krusty’s suspicious new “Krustaceans” candy. Meanwhile, Homer wants a promotion at the nuclear plant and asks Marge to help him dress the part, and news anchor Kent Brockman struggles to find his feet in the changing media world.
The Simpsons - "The Cad and the Hat" (Fox, 8:00PM ET/PT)
When Bart betrays Lisa, he has to deal with his guilt – literally. Meanwhile, Springfield is in awe when Homer is revealed to be a chess savant.
Son of Zorn - "All Hail Son of Zorn" (Fox, 8:30M ET/PT)
Seeing an opportunity to get Linda’s old job back, Zorn increases Sanitation Solutions’ business by tapping into the Zephyrian market. Alan tries to win Layla back by becoming Prom King – with Zorn’s help.
Family Guy - "The Finer Strings" (Fox, 9:00PM ET/PT)
The guys decide to form a string quartet, but Peter doesn’t make the cut. Meanwhile, Brian is forced to be Carter’s seeing eye dog and enjoys the life of luxury a little too much.
Bob's Burgers - "There's No Business Like Mr. Business Business" (Fox, 9:30PM ET/PT)
When Gayle’s (guest star Megan Mullally) cat, Mr. Business, secures pet agent Ian Amberson (guest star John Oliver), Bob finds out that Linda may have been helping to fund the cat’s career. Ever the skeptic, Bob is prepared to shut it down, but learns that Mr. Business could be on the verge of his big break.
Sunday, February 19
- Michael Rapaport (The War at Home) - Catch Michael on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Jason Jones (The Detour) - Watch Jason on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Norm Macdonald (The Norm Show/A Minute with Stan Hooper) - Norm is a guest on a repeat of Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Keke Palmer (Scream Queens/True Jackson, VP) - Keke appears on a repeat of Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Wendi McLendon-Covey (The Goldbergs/Rules of Engagement/Reno 911!) - Wendi visits Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Patricia Heaton (The Middle/Back to You/Everybody Loves Raymond) - Patricia chats on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- NeNe Leakes (The New Normal) - NeNe guest co-hosts The Real, so check your local listings.
- Mike Farrell, Loretta Swit and Jamie Farr (M*A*S*H) - Mike, Loretta and Jamie are guests on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Anne-Marie Johnson (What's Happening Now!!) - Anne-Marie discusses diversity at the Oscars on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Adam Scott (Parks and Recreation) - Adam joins the Chew Crew on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Rosie Perez (Search Party) - Rosie is a guest on Good Day New York on WNYW-Fox5 in New York sometime between 7-10am.
- Regina Hall (Grandfathered) - Regina appears on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Louie Anderson (Baskets/The Louie Show/Life with Louie) - Louie is a guest on Steve Harvey, so check your local listings.