Tuesday, October 16, 2012
The Hallmark Channel will be making some schedule changes beginning next week - Monday, Oct. 22, 2012. The changes will be for the daytime line-up, and yes they will be moving some timeslots for its original series. First, the weekday 9am hour will now an encore of daytime talk show Marie, instead of back-to-back Golden Girls. The talk show did not have an encore airing, so now it will, and The Golden Girls will remain in the 8am hour. From 10am-12pm, original series Home & Family will continue to air leading into original episodes of Marie at 12 noon. However from 1-3pm, the encore of Home & Family will be replaced by four episodes of Frasier! Since the 9am hour of The Golden Girls was replaced, Hallmark will move that hour to 3-4pm, replacing The Waltons. And the final change is that The Waltons will also no longer air at 4pm & 5pm, as the Home & Family encore will be moving to this block now. So yes, this means The Waltons will be off the schedule for now.
The rest of the Hallmark Channel line-up will remain intact with Little House from 6-10pm (except NUMB3RS on Mondays from 8-10pm), then Frasier from 10pm-12am, Golden Girls from 12-2am, Cheers from 2-3am, Frasier from 3am-5am, and I Love Lucy still from 5am-8am. But don't forget in November and December, holiday movies will take over for most of the day, so you won't see the regular schedule until January...and that will include the addition of The Brady Bunch! Stay with us for further details!
Just a programming note that the classic '80s series Knight Rider is back on cable and is airing on G4, as of Oct. 1. The series starring David Hasselhoff as Michael Knight and William Daniels as the voice KITT, is airing weekdays at 11am & 12pm and again in late night at 3am & 4am. The series was last seen on the digital over the air network Retro TV. The series also briefly aired on TV Land in 2007 and had a better run on Sci-Fi before that.
In this classic '80s NBC series, a former cop gets a new identity and teams with a talking supercar to fight crime after a wealthy benefactor saves his life. The chiseled lead actor had his fans, but the show was truly driven by the sleek, droll automobile KITT (Knight Industries Two Thousand), a customized Pontiac Trans-Am that kept the hero on the straight and narrow between fistfights and female conquests. A TV-movie reunited man and car in 1991, and a sequel series, Team Knight Rider, ran on ABC in 1997-98. There was also a short-lived revival in 2008 on NBC with Michael Knight's son now as Knight Rider.
Knight Rider is replacing Quantum Leap on the schedule. Other series G4 airs includes Lost, Heroes, Cops and Cheaters.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (September)
09/06 - Coach - Season One (Mill Creek) / Season Two / Seasons One and Two
09/06 - South Park - The Complete Ninteenth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Ninth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - Newhart - The Complete Sixth Season
09/20 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Fifth Season
09/20 - Family Matters - The Complete Eighth Season
09/20 - Modern Family - The Complete Season 7
09/20 - Veep - Season 5
09/27 - The Wonder Years - Season Six
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Saturday, September 24
Henry Danger - "Love Muffin" (Nickelodeon, 8:00PM ET/PT)
When Captain Man suddenly announces he's getting married, Henry and Charlotte go searching for answers only to discover that things are not as they seem.
Game Shakers - "Secret Level" (Nickelodeon, 8:30PM ET/PT)
When Hudson releases false information about a secret level in a Game Shakers' game, Game Shakers is besieged by angry, crazy fans. Babe uses the secret level to go on a date with Mason Kendal.
School of Rock - "Wouldn't It Be Nice?" (Nickelodeon, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Summer's failed attempt to share a locker with Freddy sets off a chain reaction of locker-switching that puts the entire band out of sync. Guest Star: Brec Bassinger
Saturday, September 24
- Norm Macdonald (Norm) - Watch Norm on CBS This Morning sometime between 7-9am.
- Mark Consuelos (Hope & Faith) - Catch Mark on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Zach Galifianakis (Baskets) - Watch Zach on on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Rob Lowe (The Grinder/Parks and Recreation) - Rob appears on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. He also talks about Code Black on CBS This Morning sometime between 7-9am and on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings. He will be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Kal Penn (We Are Men/How I Met Your Mother) - Kal is a guest on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Will Forte (The Last Man on Earth) - Will visits Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC. He will also be on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Norm Macdonald (Norm) - Norm stops by The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Margaret Cho (All-American Girl) - Margaret appears on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Jaleel White (Family Matters/Grown Ups) - Jaleel is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Patton Oswalt (The Goldbergs/The King of Queens) - Patton visits Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Whoopi Goldberg (Whoopi/Bagdad Cafe) - Whoopi drops by Harry, so check your local listings.
- Kristin Chenoweth (Kristin) - Kristin performs live on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am. She also talks about her new album on the AOL Build Show at 3pm.
- Sutton Foster (Younger) - Sutton talks about Younger on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- The Cast of Younger) - Sutton Foster, Debi Mazar, Hilary Duff, Nico Tortorella, Peter Hermann, Miriam Shor and Molly Bernard are guests on the AOL Build Show at 2:15pm.