Tuesday, October 16, 2012
The Hallmark Channel will be making some schedule changes beginning next week - Monday, Oct. 22, 2012. The changes will be for the daytime line-up, and yes they will be moving some timeslots for its original series. First, the weekday 9am hour will now an encore of daytime talk show Marie, instead of back-to-back Golden Girls. The talk show did not have an encore airing, so now it will, and The Golden Girls will remain in the 8am hour. From 10am-12pm, original series Home & Family will continue to air leading into original episodes of Marie at 12 noon. However from 1-3pm, the encore of Home & Family will be replaced by four episodes of Frasier! Since the 9am hour of The Golden Girls was replaced, Hallmark will move that hour to 3-4pm, replacing The Waltons. And the final change is that The Waltons will also no longer air at 4pm & 5pm, as the Home & Family encore will be moving to this block now. So yes, this means The Waltons will be off the schedule for now.
The rest of the Hallmark Channel line-up will remain intact with Little House from 6-10pm (except NUMB3RS on Mondays from 8-10pm), then Frasier from 10pm-12am, Golden Girls from 12-2am, Cheers from 2-3am, Frasier from 3am-5am, and I Love Lucy still from 5am-8am. But don't forget in November and December, holiday movies will take over for most of the day, so you won't see the regular schedule until January...and that will include the addition of The Brady Bunch! Stay with us for further details!
Just a programming note that the classic '80s series Knight Rider is back on cable and is airing on G4, as of Oct. 1. The series starring David Hasselhoff as Michael Knight and William Daniels as the voice KITT, is airing weekdays at 11am & 12pm and again in late night at 3am & 4am. The series was last seen on the digital over the air network Retro TV. The series also briefly aired on TV Land in 2007 and had a better run on Sci-Fi before that.
In this classic '80s NBC series, a former cop gets a new identity and teams with a talking supercar to fight crime after a wealthy benefactor saves his life. The chiseled lead actor had his fans, but the show was truly driven by the sleek, droll automobile KITT (Knight Industries Two Thousand), a customized Pontiac Trans-Am that kept the hero on the straight and narrow between fistfights and female conquests. A TV-movie reunited man and car in 1991, and a sequel series, Team Knight Rider, ran on ABC in 1997-98. There was also a short-lived revival in 2008 on NBC with Michael Knight's son now as Knight Rider.
Knight Rider is replacing Quantum Leap on the schedule. Other series G4 airs includes Lost, Heroes, Cops and Cheaters.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (September)
09/06 - Coach - Season One (Mill Creek) / Season Two / Seasons One and Two
09/06 - South Park - The Complete Ninteenth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Ninth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - Newhart - The Complete Sixth Season
09/20 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Fifth Season
09/20 - Family Matters - The Complete Eighth Season
09/20 - Modern Family - The Complete Season 7
09/20 - Veep - Season 5
09/27 - The Wonder Years - Season Six
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Saturday, October 22
Superstore - "Guns, Pills and Birds" (NBC, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
When Amy (America Ferrera) assigns an uncomfortable Jonah (Ben Feldman) to the gun section of Cloud 9, Jonah abuses his right-to-refuse sale to anyone that causes concern, causing an open-carry protest to gather in the store. On principle, Glenn (Mark McKinney) attempts to purchase all of the store's morning-after pills, but finds himself in a moral dilemma when he can't afford them. Dina (Lauren Ash), Garrett (Colton Dunn) and Mateo (Nico Santos) hunt down a crow that has flown into the store.
The Thundermans - "Happy Heroween" (Nickelodeon, 8:00PM ET/PT)
It's a major Halloween storm outside, but inside Colosso keeps the family spooked by telling three scary stories that are sure to terrify even the bravest of superheroes.
School of Rock - "Welcome to My Nightmare" (Nickelodeon, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Mr. Finn's class decides to celebrate Halloween in school after Principal Mullins, who hates the holiday, goes home sick. When she returns sooner than expected, they have to scramble to keep her from finding out the truth.
Saturday, October 22
- Jim J. Bullock (Too Close for Comfort) - Jim talks about touring the U.S. in Kinky Boots on Oprah: Where Are They Now? at 10pm ET/PT on OWN.
- Patti LaBelle (Out All Night) - Catch Patti on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Ricky Gervais (The Office) - Watch Ricky on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Tom Hanks (Bosom Buddies) - Tom appears on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. He also talks about Inferno on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am and on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Elijah Wood (Wilfred) - Elijah is a guest on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Ana Gasteyer (People of Earth/Lady Dynamite/Suburgatory) - Ana visits Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Nick Offerman (Parks and Recreation) - Nick stops by The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Ron Howard (Happy Days/The Andy Griffith Show) - Ron appears on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Zooey Deschanel (New Girl) - Zooey is a guest on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Michael Chiklis (Daddio) - Michael drops by Harry, so check your local listings.
- Jameela Jamil (The Good Place) - Jameela appears on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Aya Cash (You're the Worst) - Aya talks about You're the Worst on the AOL Build ShoW at 2pm. She will also be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Will Forte (The Last Man on Earth) - Will is a guest on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am.
- Mary Steenburgen (The Last Man on Earth/Ink) - Mary talks about The Last Man on Earth on NBC's Today in the 10am hour. She will also be on the AOL Build Show at 12:30pm.
- Anna Camp (The Mindy Project) - Anna talks about Good Girls Revolt on People Now at 8:30am.
- James Brolin (Life in Pieces) - James is a guest on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.