Wednesday, September 19, 2012
TBS has made a slight addition to its fall 2012 schedule. They will be adding another sitcom, but not until November. The sitcom is the 1995-97 sitcom The Jeff Foxworthy Show. The 41-episode sitcom has not been on the air since it aired on CMT and Nick at Nite quite a few years back. TBS will air the series on Saturday mornings in a four-episode block from 5-7am beginning early morning on Saturday, Nov. 3, 2012. It will be replacing four airings of Married...with Children, which will remain every other morning from 5-7am. No other schedule changes will be made to the fall schedule that we announced.
The sitcom aired its first season on ABC before moving to NBC in its second season. Stand-up comic Jeff Foxworthy stars as a hardworking, self-proclaimed "redneck," striving to keep up with his fledgling heating and air business, his wife, kids and his well to do in-laws. Blue collar comedy at its finest! Haley Joel Osment and Jonathan Lipnicki played Foxworthy's sons. The sitcom only lasted two seasons but it has been featured on cable in syndication and both seasons are out on DVD. Catch the sitcom coming to Saturday mornings on TBS this November! Stay with us for any further updates!
After a successful one-year anniversary in Los Angeles and a sold-out charity benefit in New York City (which we were happily on hand for!), Worst Ever Productions is proud to present their first monthly run of Worst Audition Ever this fall at the Cavern Club in Silverlake, CA - produced by Christine Lakin (Step by Step), Alec Ledd, Daniel A. Miles, and Corri English. Of course if you don't know (we mentioned the NY show in June), it is an evening of comedy about a group of artists (actors, directors, dancers, etc.) telling their real stores about the all too familiar audition process. The format is simple - a blank stage with one microphone - making the shared stories truly intimate and personal. For anyone who has ever had an embarrassing moment "putting themselves out there" in the name of art, Worst Audition Ever presents a wry and candid evening of some of the most awkward moments in artistic vulnerability – because pain is best served funny and with cocktails.
The three-month run began last night actually, but you can still go tonight (Sept. 19) at 8PM for the last September show. Actors/writers performing this month are Kristen Cummins & Dee Dee Miller (The Mark & Mike Show, Troubled Ambition), Stephen Bienskie (Silence! The Musical), Kathy Deitch (Wicked), Ross Patterson (FDR: American Badass!), Jeff Skowron (NCIS, The Burg), Jeff Hiller (Silence! The Musical, 30 Rock), Patrick Bristow (The Groundlings, Ellen), Wyatt Fenner (Bones), Hanna LoPatin (writer on Partners, UCB), and Rob Nagle (Mad Men, Eli Stone). A new group of artists will participate every month! The October shows are scheduled for Wednesday, October 17 at 8PM and Thursday, October 18 at 8PM. And the November shows are scheduled for Tuesday, November 13 at 8PM and Wednesday, November 14 at 8PM. Tickets are only $20 online or you can buy at the door...so it is well worth the price. Believe me, I went to the New York City show in June and had a blast!
Christine Lakin is the Creator/Producer and is a friend of this website. Christine is also of course an actor and probably known best to fans of sitcoms as Al Lambert on the long-running TGIF sitcom Step By Step for ABC. She has also appeared in dozens of TV shows and films including Family Guy, Melissa & Joey, Stevie TV, You Again, Valentine's Day and New Year's Eve. She wrote, produced and stars in the webseries Lovin' Lakin on Hulu, which is a SitcomsOnline.com favorite webseries! She is a nominated choreographer and a member of The Troubadour Theater Company.
In addition to producing this three-month run of Worst Audition Ever, Christine is starring in the L.A. version of Silence! The Musical, a hilarious parody based on the Academy Award-winning film. She plays Clarice, the same role as Jodie Foster in the film. The musical runs every Thurs-Sun at The Hayworth Theatre in Los Angeles through early November. The Los Angeles Times calls Christine "the secret weapon of the production." Make sure you buy tickets and see Christine in action in that as well!
New on DVD/Blu-ray (October/November)
10/04 - The Andy Griffith Show - The Christmas Special (Colorized)
10/04 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #1 (Colorized)
10/11 - Dr. Ken - Season One
10/11 - Mike & Molly - The Complete Sixth and Final Season
10/11 - Mike & Molly - The Complete Series
10/11 - Nurse Jackie - Seasons One and Two
10/11 - Weeds - Seasons One and Two
11/01 - Schitt's Creek - Seasons One and Two
11/08 - Family Matters - The Complete Ninth Season
11/08 - Your Family or Mine - Season One
11/15 - Community - The Complete Series
11/15 - The Lucy Show - The Complete Series
11/15 - The Mindy Project - Season Four
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Sunday, December 4
The Simpsons - "The Last Traction Hero" (Fox, 8:00PM ET/PT)
A workplace accident leaves Homer in a cast, and in a position to sue Mr. Burns. This leaves Marge unfulfilled, so she turns to an unexpected source for romance. Meanwhile, Lisa is made “Bus Monitor” and tries to keep the peace.
Son of Zorn - "Return of the Drinking Buddy" (Fox, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Zorn’s old friend Headbutt Man (guest voice Rob Riggle) is coming to town. Unfortunately for Zorn, Headbutt Man is now sober. Meanwhile, Alan is invited to a party where his crush, Nancy (guest star Emily Wong), will be. Unfortunately, he has to take Headbutt man’s daughter with him.
Family Guy - "Carter and Tricia" (Fox, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Carter buys the Pawtucket Patriot brewery and decides to cut some corners to save a few bucks. Peter overhears the plan and runs and tells investigative journalist Tricia Takanawa about Carter’s plan to use toxic chemicals in the beer cans. Meanwhile, Brian’s drivers’ license has expired and he enlists Stewie as an instructor.
The Last Man on Earth - "Whitney Houston, We Have a Problem" (Fox, 9:30PM ET/PT)
After finding a mysterious note left by Melissa that says “Goodbye,” the gang sets off to go look for her. Meanwhile, Gail gets stuck on a solo adventure of her own.
K.C. Undercover - "Holly Holly Not So Jolly" (Disney Channel, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Christmas time arrives and K.C. tells everyone she has to go pick up a last-minute gift, but instead goes to The Organization's therapist, Dr. Levinstein.
Mech X-4 - "Let's Survive in the Woods!" (Disney Channel, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Principal Grey sets a trap for Ryan, Harris and Spyder while they're on a camping trip, which leaves MECH-X4 and Mark in danger.
Best Friends Whenever - "The Christmas Curse" (Disney Channel, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Shelby and Cyd encourage a homesick Daisy to incorporate a festive 16th-century tradition into their annual Christmas party.
Monday, December 5
- Will Smith (The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air) - Watch Will on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Steve Harvey (The Steve Harvey Show) - Steve visits The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC. He will also be on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am. He chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Jason Bateman (Arrested Development/The Hogan Family/It's Your Move) - Jason visits The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. He will also be on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am and on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Gael García Bernal (Mozart in the Jungle) - Gael is a guest on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Steve Agee (The Sarah Silverman Program) - Steve appears on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- The Cast of Fuller House - The cast of Fuller House are guests on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Patricia Heaton (The Middle/Back to You/Everybody Loves Raymond) - Patricia stops by Harry, so check your local listings.
- Miss Piggy (The Muppets) - Miss Piggy and Harry perform Deck the Halls on Harry, so check your local listings.
- Meredith Hagner (Search Party/Men at Work) - Meredith is a guest on Harry, so check your local listings.
- Lauren Graham (The Odd Couple/Conrad Bloom/Townies) - Lauren appears on Rachael Ray, so check your local listings.
- T.J. Miller (Silicon Valley/The Goodwin Games/Carpoolers) - T.J. talks about Office Christmas Party on the AOL Build Show at 3pm. He will be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET. He can also be heard on The Morning Mash Up on SiriusXM at 9:50am.
- Bradley Whitford (Happyish/Trophy Wife) - Bradley is a guest on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Josh McDermitt (Retired at 35) - Josh can be heard on The Morning Mash Up on SiriusXM at 10:45am.
- Erinn Hayes (Kevin Can Wait/Guys with Kids/Worst Week) - Erinn talks about Kevin Can Wait on the AOL Build Show at 4pm.