Wednesday, September 19, 2012
TBS has made a slight addition to its fall 2012 schedule. They will be adding another sitcom, but not until November. The sitcom is the 1995-97 sitcom The Jeff Foxworthy Show. The 41-episode sitcom has not been on the air since it aired on CMT and Nick at Nite quite a few years back. TBS will air the series on Saturday mornings in a four-episode block from 5-7am beginning early morning on Saturday, Nov. 3, 2012. It will be replacing four airings of Married...with Children, which will remain every other morning from 5-7am. No other schedule changes will be made to the fall schedule that we announced.
The sitcom aired its first season on ABC before moving to NBC in its second season. Stand-up comic Jeff Foxworthy stars as a hardworking, self-proclaimed "redneck," striving to keep up with his fledgling heating and air business, his wife, kids and his well to do in-laws. Blue collar comedy at its finest! Haley Joel Osment and Jonathan Lipnicki played Foxworthy's sons. The sitcom only lasted two seasons but it has been featured on cable in syndication and both seasons are out on DVD. Catch the sitcom coming to Saturday mornings on TBS this November! Stay with us for any further updates!
After a successful one-year anniversary in Los Angeles and a sold-out charity benefit in New York City (which we were happily on hand for!), Worst Ever Productions is proud to present their first monthly run of Worst Audition Ever this fall at the Cavern Club in Silverlake, CA - produced by Christine Lakin (Step by Step), Alec Ledd, Daniel A. Miles, and Corri English. Of course if you don't know (we mentioned the NY show in June), it is an evening of comedy about a group of artists (actors, directors, dancers, etc.) telling their real stores about the all too familiar audition process. The format is simple - a blank stage with one microphone - making the shared stories truly intimate and personal. For anyone who has ever had an embarrassing moment "putting themselves out there" in the name of art, Worst Audition Ever presents a wry and candid evening of some of the most awkward moments in artistic vulnerability – because pain is best served funny and with cocktails.
The three-month run began last night actually, but you can still go tonight (Sept. 19) at 8PM for the last September show. Actors/writers performing this month are Kristen Cummins & Dee Dee Miller (The Mark & Mike Show, Troubled Ambition), Stephen Bienskie (Silence! The Musical), Kathy Deitch (Wicked), Ross Patterson (FDR: American Badass!), Jeff Skowron (NCIS, The Burg), Jeff Hiller (Silence! The Musical, 30 Rock), Patrick Bristow (The Groundlings, Ellen), Wyatt Fenner (Bones), Hanna LoPatin (writer on Partners, UCB), and Rob Nagle (Mad Men, Eli Stone). A new group of artists will participate every month! The October shows are scheduled for Wednesday, October 17 at 8PM and Thursday, October 18 at 8PM. And the November shows are scheduled for Tuesday, November 13 at 8PM and Wednesday, November 14 at 8PM. Tickets are only $20 online or you can buy at the door...so it is well worth the price. Believe me, I went to the New York City show in June and had a blast!
Christine Lakin is the Creator/Producer and is a friend of this website. Christine is also of course an actor and probably known best to fans of sitcoms as Al Lambert on the long-running TGIF sitcom Step By Step for ABC. She has also appeared in dozens of TV shows and films including Family Guy, Melissa & Joey, Stevie TV, You Again, Valentine's Day and New Year's Eve. She wrote, produced and stars in the webseries Lovin' Lakin on Hulu, which is a SitcomsOnline.com favorite webseries! She is a nominated choreographer and a member of The Troubadour Theater Company.
In addition to producing this three-month run of Worst Audition Ever, Christine is starring in the L.A. version of Silence! The Musical, a hilarious parody based on the Academy Award-winning film. She plays Clarice, the same role as Jodie Foster in the film. The musical runs every Thurs-Sun at The Hayworth Theatre in Los Angeles through early November. The Los Angeles Times calls Christine "the secret weapon of the production." Make sure you buy tickets and see Christine in action in that as well!
New on DVD/Blu-ray (February/March)
02/07 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - Sabrina Down Under
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 1 - School's Cool - Boy Crazy
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 2 - About a Family - Hangin' Out
02/07 - 227 - The Complete First Season (Mill Creek)
02/07 - Vice Principals - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
02/14 - Beavis and Butt-Head - The Complete Collection
02/14 - Grace and Frankie - Season Two
02/28 - Fuller House - The Complete First Season
03/03 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - Now... In Living Color! (Blu-ray)
03/07 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - Mama's Family - Mama's Favorites
03/07 - That '70s Show - The Complete Series - Flashback Edition (Blu-ray)
03/07 - What I Like About You - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - You Me Her - Season One
03/14 - Newhart - The Final (Eighth) Season
03/14 - Unbrekable Kimmy Schmidt - Season Two
03/21 - Master of None - Season One
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Monday, March 27
The Big Bang Theory - "The Brain Bowl Incubation" (CBS, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
After a successful experiment combining their genes, Sheldon will stop at nothing to convince Amy they should procreate. Also, Koothrappali is embarrassed to tell the gang what the new woman he’s dating does for a living.
Kevin Can Wait - "Kevin's Bringing Supper Back" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Kevin’s resolve to spend more quality time with his family is put to the ultimate test when his buddies surprise him with concert tickets to his favorite musician, fellow Long Islander Billy Joel. Multiple Grammy Award-winning pianist, singer and songwriter Billy Joel appears as himself.
Superior Donuts - "Get It, Arthur" (CBS, 9:00PM ET/PT)
When Randy’s mom comes to town, Franco encourages Arthur to go out on his first date in years. Brenda Vaccaro guest stars as Helen, Randy’s mom.
The Great Indoors - "Aaron Wolf" (CBS, 9:30PM ET/PT)
Jack watches the millennials’ journalistic integrity slip away when they fall under the spell of his nemesis, Aaron Wolf (Chris D’Elia), a former magazine staffer turned famous outdoor reality TV host who returns to guest edit the magazine.
Monday, March 27
- Chris Pratt (Parks and Recreation) - Watch Chris on a repeat of Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Richard Dreyfuss (Your Family or Mine) - Richard appears on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Lily Tomlin (Grace and Frankie/Malibu Country) and Jane Fonda (Grace and Frankie) - Lily and Jane are guests on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. They also chat with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Craig Ferguson (The Drew Carey Show) - Craig visits Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC. He will also be on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- Rachel Dratch (Imaginary Mary) - Rachel is a guest on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Pete Holmes (Crashing) - Pete stops by The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Jenna Elfman (Imaginary Mary/1600 Penn/Accidentally on Purpose/Courting Alex/Dharma & Greg) - Jenna appears on Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC. She will also be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 11:30am ET.
- Ron Funches (Powerless/Undateable) - Ron is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Kaitlin Olson (The Mick/It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia) - Kaitlin drops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Wendi McLendon-Covey (The Goldbergs/Rules of Engagement/Reno 911!) - Wendi appears on a repeat of Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Lisa Kudrow (Friends/The Comeback) - Lisa is a guest on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Mark Consuelos (Alpha House/Hope & Faith) - Mark guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Tahj Mowry, Derek Theler and Jean-Luc Bilodeau (Baby Daddy) - Tahj, Derek and Jean-Luc are guests on Harry, so check your local listings.
- Tika Sumpter (The Game) - Tika appears on a repeat of The Real, so check your local listings.
- Vanessa Bell Calloway (Rhythm & Blues) - Vanessa is a guest on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- June Diane Raphael (Grace and Frankie) - June talks about Grace and Frankie on NBC's Today in the 9am hour.
- Melissa McCarthy (Mike & Molly/Samantha Who?) and Ben Falcone (Joey) - Melissa and Ben talk TV Land's Nobodies on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- Brooklyn Decker (Grace and Frankie/Friends with Better Lives) - Brookyln stops by People Now at 8:30am.
- Marcia Gay Harden (Trophy Wife) - Marcia opens up about her favorite part of being in the 50 Shades movies on People Now at 8:30am. \
- Tracee Ellis Ross (black-ish/Girlfriends) - Tracee dishes about her Golden Globe win on a repeat of The Wendy Williams Show at 2am on BET or on your local stations.