Wednesday, September 19, 2012
TBS has made a slight addition to its fall 2012 schedule. They will be adding another sitcom, but not until November. The sitcom is the 1995-97 sitcom The Jeff Foxworthy Show. The 41-episode sitcom has not been on the air since it aired on CMT and Nick at Nite quite a few years back. TBS will air the series on Saturday mornings in a four-episode block from 5-7am beginning early morning on Saturday, Nov. 3, 2012. It will be replacing four airings of Married...with Children, which will remain every other morning from 5-7am. No other schedule changes will be made to the fall schedule that we announced.
The sitcom aired its first season on ABC before moving to NBC in its second season. Stand-up comic Jeff Foxworthy stars as a hardworking, self-proclaimed "redneck," striving to keep up with his fledgling heating and air business, his wife, kids and his well to do in-laws. Blue collar comedy at its finest! Haley Joel Osment and Jonathan Lipnicki played Foxworthy's sons. The sitcom only lasted two seasons but it has been featured on cable in syndication and both seasons are out on DVD. Catch the sitcom coming to Saturday mornings on TBS this November! Stay with us for any further updates!
After a successful one-year anniversary in Los Angeles and a sold-out charity benefit in New York City (which we were happily on hand for!), Worst Ever Productions is proud to present their first monthly run of Worst Audition Ever this fall at the Cavern Club in Silverlake, CA - produced by Christine Lakin (Step by Step), Alec Ledd, Daniel A. Miles, and Corri English. Of course if you don't know (we mentioned the NY show in June), it is an evening of comedy about a group of artists (actors, directors, dancers, etc.) telling their real stores about the all too familiar audition process. The format is simple - a blank stage with one microphone - making the shared stories truly intimate and personal. For anyone who has ever had an embarrassing moment "putting themselves out there" in the name of art, Worst Audition Ever presents a wry and candid evening of some of the most awkward moments in artistic vulnerability – because pain is best served funny and with cocktails.
The three-month run began last night actually, but you can still go tonight (Sept. 19) at 8PM for the last September show. Actors/writers performing this month are Kristen Cummins & Dee Dee Miller (The Mark & Mike Show, Troubled Ambition), Stephen Bienskie (Silence! The Musical), Kathy Deitch (Wicked), Ross Patterson (FDR: American Badass!), Jeff Skowron (NCIS, The Burg), Jeff Hiller (Silence! The Musical, 30 Rock), Patrick Bristow (The Groundlings, Ellen), Wyatt Fenner (Bones), Hanna LoPatin (writer on Partners, UCB), and Rob Nagle (Mad Men, Eli Stone). A new group of artists will participate every month! The October shows are scheduled for Wednesday, October 17 at 8PM and Thursday, October 18 at 8PM. And the November shows are scheduled for Tuesday, November 13 at 8PM and Wednesday, November 14 at 8PM. Tickets are only $20 online or you can buy at the door...so it is well worth the price. Believe me, I went to the New York City show in June and had a blast!
Christine Lakin is the Creator/Producer and is a friend of this website. Christine is also of course an actor and probably known best to fans of sitcoms as Al Lambert on the long-running TGIF sitcom Step By Step for ABC. She has also appeared in dozens of TV shows and films including Family Guy, Melissa & Joey, Stevie TV, You Again, Valentine's Day and New Year's Eve. She wrote, produced and stars in the webseries Lovin' Lakin on Hulu, which is a SitcomsOnline.com favorite webseries! She is a nominated choreographer and a member of The Troubadour Theater Company.
In addition to producing this three-month run of Worst Audition Ever, Christine is starring in the L.A. version of Silence! The Musical, a hilarious parody based on the Academy Award-winning film. She plays Clarice, the same role as Jodie Foster in the film. The musical runs every Thurs-Sun at The Hayworth Theatre in Los Angeles through early November. The Los Angeles Times calls Christine "the secret weapon of the production." Make sure you buy tickets and see Christine in action in that as well!
New on DVD/Blu-ray (September)
09/06 - Coach - Season One (Mill Creek) / Season Two / Seasons One and Two
09/06 - South Park - The Complete Ninteenth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Ninth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - Newhart - The Complete Sixth Season
09/20 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Fifth Season
09/20 - Family Matters - The Complete Eighth Season
09/20 - Modern Family - The Complete Season 7
09/20 - Veep - Season 5
09/27 - The Wonder Years - Season Six
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Monday, October 24
Kevin Can Wait - "Beat the Parents" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Kevin and Donna are thrilled when their son, Jack, makes friends with a boy from school, Grayden (Graydon Peter Yosowitz), however, when Donna and Kevin don’t hit it off with Grayden’s arrogant father, Vic (Ray Romano), and his pushy wife, Brandi (Lindsay Broad), they set out to sabotage the boys’ new friendship. Matt Romano guest stars as Vic’s second son, Braden.
Man with a Plan - "Pilot" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Golden Globe Award winner Matt LeBlanc stars as Adam, a contractor who starts spending more time with his three kids when his wife, Andi, goes back to work and discovers the truth all parents eventually realize—their little angels are maniacs.
2 Broke Girls - "And the Godmama Drama" (CBS, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Oleg and Sophie’s plan to have Max and Caroline as Barbara’s godparents is derailed when Oleg’s domineering mother, Olga (Mercedes Ruehl), arrives from the Ukraine for the baby’s baptism and fires Max and Caroline from their godparent duties.
The Odd Couple - "Food Fight" (CBS, 9:30PM ET/PT)
When Oscar learns that his favorite hangout, Langford’s, is in financial trouble, he impulsively asks Felix to help save it, without considering the disastrous consequences. Also, Felix tries to make his mark on the restaurant when the owner, Fred Langford (Fred Willard), puts him in charge for a few days.
Monday, October 24
- Ricky Gervais (The Office) - Watch Ricky on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Tom Hanks (Bosom Buddies) - Tom appears on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. He also talks about Inferno on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am and on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Elijah Wood (Wilfred) - Elijah is a guest on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Ana Gasteyer (People of Earth/Lady Dynamite/Suburgatory) - Ana visits Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Nick Offerman (Parks and Recreation) - Nick stops by The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Ron Howard (Happy Days/The Andy Griffith Show) - Ron appears on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Kate Micucci (Raising Hope/The Big Bang Theory) - Kate is a guest on a repeat of @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Zooey Deschanel (New Girl) - Zooey appears on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Michael Chiklis (Daddio) - Michael drops by Harry, so check your local listings.
- Jameela Jamil (The Good Place) - Jameela appears on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Aya Cash (You're the Worst) - Aya talks about You're the Worst on the AOL Build ShoW at 2pm. She will also be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Will Forte (The Last Man on Earth) - Will is a guest on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am.
- Mary Steenburgen (The Last Man on Earth/Ink) - Mary talks about The Last Man on Earth on NBC's Today in the 10am hour. She will also be on the AOL Build Show at 12:30pm.
- Anna Camp (The Mindy Project) - Anna talks about Good Girls Revolt on People Now at 8:30am.
- James Brolin (Life in Pieces) - James is a guest on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Matt LeBlanc (Man with a Plan/Episodes/Joey/Friends) - Matt appears on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Nico Tortorella (Younger) - Nico guest co-hosts The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.