Monday, August 20, 2012
A few weeks ago, we revealed the TBS fall schedule for the last two weeks of September. There will be a few minor changes coming to the lineup starting October 1 for days where there are no games being aired for the MLB Playoffs. There won't be anything new added to the lineup in October, nor will there be anything leaving the lineup. For the most part, the schedule changes involve My Name is Earl moving to other timeslots and shuffling of a few other program.
The weekday changes begin at 7am, where an episode of My Name is Earl will air, followed by an hour of Home Improvement at 7:30am. According to Jim also still gets a full hour, but it'll be a half hour earlier at 8:30am. Are We There Yet?, which will begin airing weekdays this fall, moves from 12:30pm to 9:30am, and is followed by an hour of Tyler Perry sitcoms with Meet the Browns at 10am and House of Payne at 10:30am. Fresh Prince of Bel-Air will still have three airings on weekdays, but now they'll all be back-to-back with three episodes beginning at 11am. At 12:30pm, American Dad! will have a full hour, which will be followed by two hours of Everybody Loves Raymond, which will start at 1:30pm instead of 2pm. This leaves 3:30pm for an extra airing of Seinfeld. The lineup for the rest of the day on weekdays remains the same through 2am, where an hour of My Name is Earl replaces an hour of Seinfeld.
Saturday mornings will see some changes beginning at 7am. In September, there is a two and a half hour block of My Name is Earl scheduled beginning at 7am, but in October, 7am will change to a single episode of My Name is Earl, followed by According to Jim at 7:30am, Are We There Yet? at 8am, Meet the Browns at 8:30am, House of Payne at 9am, and another episode of According to Jim at 9:30am. Seinfeld, which currently airs for a full hour at 7pm on Saturdays, will be replaced with an extra hour of King of Queens, which will now air for two full hours beginning at 6pm every Saturday. Finally, Sundays remain pretty much the same, but the two hours of Tyler Perry sitcoms at 6am will be replaced with an hour of Married... with Children at 6am and an hour of Home Improvement at 7am.
You can read more on the TBS October lineup and see the full lineup on our message boards. Of course, we'll keep you updated on any changes if there are any.
On Friday, we featured a story on the impressive ratings for the ABC Family original series Melissa & Joey and Baby Daddy... so it should be no surprise that the network announced new seasons for both series on Friday afternoon. After launching a successful Wednesday night comedy block with Melissa & Joey and Baby Daddy, cable TV’s #1 telecasts in their half-hours across the network’s core Adults 18-34, Adults 18-49 and Millennial demos, ABC Family has ordered a third season of Melissa & Joey and a second season of Baby Daddy.
Melissa & Joey stars Melissa Joan Hart as Mel, a successful Congresswoman in Toledo who unexpectedly gains custody of her niece and nephew after her sister is sent off to prison after a financial scheme gone horribly wrong. Needing all the help she can get, she hires unemployed Joe (Joey Lawrence) to be her "manny" to move into her house and take care of all of the domestic matters. The multi-camera comedy executive-produced by Bob Young and David Kendall, Paula Hart, Melissa Joan Hart, Joey Lawrence and John Ziffren. Baby Daddy follows Ben (Jean-Luc Bilodeau), a young man in his early 20s living the life of a bachelor as a bartender in New York City with his buddy, Tucker (Tahj Mowry), and his brother, Danny (Derek Theler), a professional hockey player. Everything is going fine for the guys until a baby girl is unexpectedly dropped on their doorstep by one of Ben's ex-girlfriends. With a little help from his friends and family, Ben decides to raise her the best that he possibly can. Baby Daddy is a multi-camera comedy created and executive-produced by Dan Berendsen.
Additionally, ABC Family has announced that will also produce a second season of the award-winning hit series Switched at Birth, and they have ordered additional episodes of the critically-acclaimed series Bunheads.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (October/November)
10/04 - The Andy Griffith Show - The Christmas Special (Colorized)
10/04 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #1 (Colorized)
10/11 - Dr. Ken - Season One
10/11 - Mike & Molly - The Complete Sixth and Final Season
10/11 - Mike & Molly - The Complete Series
10/11 - Nurse Jackie - Seasons One and Two
10/11 - Weeds - Seasons One and Two
11/01 - Schitt's Creek - Seasons One and Two
11/08 - Family Matters - The Complete Ninth Season
11/08 - Your Family or Mine - Season One
11/15 - Community - The Complete Series
11/15 - The Lucy Show - The Complete Series
11/15 - The Mindy Project - Season Four
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Sunday, December 4
The Simpsons - "The Last Traction Hero" (Fox, 8:00PM ET/PT)
A workplace accident leaves Homer in a cast, and in a position to sue Mr. Burns. This leaves Marge unfulfilled, so she turns to an unexpected source for romance. Meanwhile, Lisa is made “Bus Monitor” and tries to keep the peace.
Son of Zorn - "Return of the Drinking Buddy" (Fox, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Zorn’s old friend Headbutt Man (guest voice Rob Riggle) is coming to town. Unfortunately for Zorn, Headbutt Man is now sober. Meanwhile, Alan is invited to a party where his crush, Nancy (guest star Emily Wong), will be. Unfortunately, he has to take Headbutt man’s daughter with him.
Family Guy - "Carter and Tricia" (Fox, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Carter buys the Pawtucket Patriot brewery and decides to cut some corners to save a few bucks. Peter overhears the plan and runs and tells investigative journalist Tricia Takanawa about Carter’s plan to use toxic chemicals in the beer cans. Meanwhile, Brian’s drivers’ license has expired and he enlists Stewie as an instructor.
The Last Man on Earth - "Whitney Houston, We Have a Problem" (Fox, 9:30PM ET/PT)
After finding a mysterious note left by Melissa that says “Goodbye,” the gang sets off to go look for her. Meanwhile, Gail gets stuck on a solo adventure of her own.
K.C. Undercover - "Holly Holly Not So Jolly" (Disney Channel, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Christmas time arrives and K.C. tells everyone she has to go pick up a last-minute gift, but instead goes to The Organization's therapist, Dr. Levinstein.
Mech X-4 - "Let's Survive in the Woods!" (Disney Channel, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Principal Grey sets a trap for Ryan, Harris and Spyder while they're on a camping trip, which leaves MECH-X4 and Mark in danger.
Best Friends Whenever - "The Christmas Curse" (Disney Channel, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Shelby and Cyd encourage a homesick Daisy to incorporate a festive 16th-century tradition into their annual Christmas party.
Monday, December 5
- Will Smith (The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air) - Watch Will on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Steve Harvey (The Steve Harvey Show) - Steve visits The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC. He will also be on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am. He chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Jason Bateman (Arrested Development/The Hogan Family/It's Your Move) - Jason visits The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. He will also be on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am and on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Gael García Bernal (Mozart in the Jungle) - Gael is a guest on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Steve Agee (The Sarah Silverman Program) - Steve appears on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- The Cast of Fuller House - The cast of Fuller House are guests on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Patricia Heaton (The Middle/Back to You/Everybody Loves Raymond) - Patricia stops by Harry, so check your local listings.
- Miss Piggy (The Muppets) - Miss Piggy and Harry perform Deck the Halls on Harry, so check your local listings.
- Meredith Hagner (Search Party/Men at Work) - Meredith is a guest on Harry, so check your local listings.
- Lauren Graham (The Odd Couple/Conrad Bloom/Townies) - Lauren appears on Rachael Ray, so check your local listings.
- T.J. Miller (Silicon Valley/The Goodwin Games/Carpoolers) - T.J. talks about Office Christmas Party on the AOL Build Show at 3pm. He will be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET. He can also be heard on The Morning Mash Up on SiriusXM at 9:50am.
- Bradley Whitford (Happyish/Trophy Wife) - Bradley is a guest on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Josh McDermitt (Retired at 35) - Josh can be heard on The Morning Mash Up on SiriusXM at 10:45am.
- Erinn Hayes (Kevin Can Wait/Guys with Kids/Worst Week) - Erinn talks about Kevin Can Wait on the AOL Build Show at 4pm.