Friday, May 04, 2012
INSP will celebrate Mother's Day and Memorial Day with classic themed programming from its regular classic TV series! As a tribute to mothers everywhere, INSP will be featuring a marathon of some of the best mom-themed episodes from some of your favorite INSP shows! On Saturday, May 12 start the mom-a-thon off at 6pm ET with back-to-back episodes of Little House on the Prairie. The marathon continues with back-to-back The Waltons in primetime, followed by The Big Valley at 10pm & 11pm. An episode of Bonanza will air at 12 midnight leading into an hour each of classic sitcoms Happy Days and The Brady Bunch! Marion rebels on Happy Days--when Marion has a fall-out with Howard and becomes increasingly frustrated with her life as a housewife, she lands a job working as a waitress at Arnold's. After she insults Al's menu and interferes with other people's orders, Fonzie calls a meeting and insists something gets done about it. As for The Brady Bunch, when a magazine runs a contest and asks for readers of blended families to submit a story about their family, Carol secretly writes an article about her bunch and sends it in. When the kids find out, they expect to win the contest and celebrate their Mom's success prematurely.
On Memorial Day, while most folks may not sit and watch television on Memorial Day, there are many shut-ins, elderly, homeschoolers, patriots, etc. who embrace this type of programming. INSP believes these shows will be a blessing to them and to anyone who has served in the Armed Forces. It's four hours each of classic dramas Wind At My Back, The Big Valley and The Waltons all starting at 12 noon and lasting through 12 midnight on Monday, May 28. There will also be a special primetime marathon of The Waltons on Wednesday, May 23 from 8-11pm ET to get you into the patriotic mood!
It's Friday, so it is time for "Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows" for the coming week. This is where we list what sitcom stars are appearing on talk shows for the coming week, the stars are both current and past sitcom stars, so this is for all sitcom fans of all eras!
For the week of May 7-11, 2012, we have many current sitcom stars and past sitcom stars on TV talk shows! All times listed are Eastern. So get your DVR's (or whatever you use) ready! Ready? Here is all what you need to know for the coming week!
Monday, May 7, 2012
- James Van Der Beek (Don't Trust the B---- in Apartment 23) - Watch James on Chelsea Lately on E! at 11pm.
- Michael Strahan (Brothers) - Michael guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly Monday-Wednesday, so check your listings.
- Jenny McCarthy (Jenny/Two and a Half Men) - Jenny drops by Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Kelly Ripa (Hope & Faith) - Kelly appears on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Jim Parsons (The Big Bang Theory) - Catch Jim on The Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Casey Wilson (Happy Endings) - Casey is a guest on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 12am on ABC.
- Suzanne Somers (Three's Company/Step by Step/She's the Sheriff) - Suzanne talks about her book, Bombshell: Explosive Medical Secrets That Will Redefine Aging, on NBC's Today between 10-11am.
- Alison Brie (Community) - Watch Alison on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno at 11:35pm on NBC.
- Garry Shandling (The Larry Sanders Show/It's Garry Shandling's Show) - Garry drops by The Tonight Show with Jay Leno at 11:35pm on NBC.
- Steve Harvey (The Steve Harvey Show) - Steve appears on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 12am on ABC.
- Jenna Fischer (The Office) - Jenna visits The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:37am on CBS.
- Joel McHale (Community) - Joel stops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Whoopi Goldberg (Whoopi/Bagdad Cafe) - Whoopi discusses her new children's book, Sugar Plum Ballerinas: Dancing Diva, on ABC's Good Morning America between 7-9am.
- Rico Rodriguez (Modern Family) - The young and talented Rico is a guest on ABC's Good Morning America between 7-9am.
- Ellie Kemper (The Office) - Catch Ellie on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon at 12:37am on NBC.
- Cybill Shepherd (Cybill) - Cybill discusses her unique style choices through the years and her activism for female reproductive rights on The Revolution on ABC at 2pm ET/1pm PT/CT.
- Jenna Fischer (The Office) - Watch Jenna on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno at 11:35pm on NBC.
- Jay Mohr (Gary Unmarried/Action) - Jay is a guest on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno at 11:35pm on NBC.
- Bob Saget (How I Met Your Mother/Full House) - Bob guest co-hosts The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Hilary Duff (Lizzie McGuire) - Hilary appears on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check listings.
- Felicity Huffman (Sports Night) - Felicity visits ABC's Good Morning America between 7-9am. She will also be on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Suzanne Somers (Three's Company/Step by Step/She's the Sheriff) - Suzanne gives a deserving mom a new look on Rachael Ray, so check your local listings.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (October/November)
10/04 - The Andy Griffith Show - The Christmas Special (Colorized)
10/04 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #1 (Colorized)
10/11 - Dr. Ken - Season One
10/11 - Mike & Molly - The Complete Sixth and Final Season
10/11 - Mike & Molly - The Complete Series
10/11 - Nurse Jackie - Seasons One and Two
10/11 - Weeds - Seasons One and Two
11/01 - Schitt's Creek - Seasons One and Two
11/08 - Family Matters - The Complete Ninth Season
11/08 - Your Family or Mine - Season One
11/15 - Community - The Complete Series
11/15 - The Lucy Show - The Complete Series
11/15 - The Mindy Project - Season Four
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Sunday, December 4
The Simpsons - "The Last Traction Hero" (Fox, 8:00PM ET/PT)
A workplace accident leaves Homer in a cast, and in a position to sue Mr. Burns. This leaves Marge unfulfilled, so she turns to an unexpected source for romance. Meanwhile, Lisa is made “Bus Monitor” and tries to keep the peace.
Son of Zorn - "Return of the Drinking Buddy" (Fox, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Zorn’s old friend Headbutt Man (guest voice Rob Riggle) is coming to town. Unfortunately for Zorn, Headbutt Man is now sober. Meanwhile, Alan is invited to a party where his crush, Nancy (guest star Emily Wong), will be. Unfortunately, he has to take Headbutt man’s daughter with him.
Family Guy - "Carter and Tricia" (Fox, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Carter buys the Pawtucket Patriot brewery and decides to cut some corners to save a few bucks. Peter overhears the plan and runs and tells investigative journalist Tricia Takanawa about Carter’s plan to use toxic chemicals in the beer cans. Meanwhile, Brian’s drivers’ license has expired and he enlists Stewie as an instructor.
The Last Man on Earth - "Whitney Houston, We Have a Problem" (Fox, 9:30PM ET/PT)
After finding a mysterious note left by Melissa that says “Goodbye,” the gang sets off to go look for her. Meanwhile, Gail gets stuck on a solo adventure of her own.
K.C. Undercover - "Holly Holly Not So Jolly" (Disney Channel, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Christmas time arrives and K.C. tells everyone she has to go pick up a last-minute gift, but instead goes to The Organization's therapist, Dr. Levinstein.
Mech X-4 - "Let's Survive in the Woods!" (Disney Channel, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Principal Grey sets a trap for Ryan, Harris and Spyder while they're on a camping trip, which leaves MECH-X4 and Mark in danger.
Best Friends Whenever - "The Christmas Curse" (Disney Channel, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Shelby and Cyd encourage a homesick Daisy to incorporate a festive 16th-century tradition into their annual Christmas party.
Monday, December 5
- Will Smith (The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air) - Watch Will on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Steve Harvey (The Steve Harvey Show) - Steve visits The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC. He will also be on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am. He chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Jason Bateman (Arrested Development/The Hogan Family/It's Your Move) - Jason visits The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. He will also be on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am and on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Gael García Bernal (Mozart in the Jungle) - Gael is a guest on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Steve Agee (The Sarah Silverman Program) - Steve appears on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- The Cast of Fuller House - The cast of Fuller House are guests on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Patricia Heaton (The Middle/Back to You/Everybody Loves Raymond) - Patricia stops by Harry, so check your local listings.
- Miss Piggy (The Muppets) - Miss Piggy and Harry perform Deck the Halls on Harry, so check your local listings.
- Meredith Hagner (Search Party/Men at Work) - Meredith is a guest on Harry, so check your local listings.
- Lauren Graham (The Odd Couple/Conrad Bloom/Townies) - Lauren appears on Rachael Ray, so check your local listings.
- T.J. Miller (Silicon Valley/The Goodwin Games/Carpoolers) - T.J. talks about Office Christmas Party on the AOL Build Show at 3pm. He will be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET. He can also be heard on The Morning Mash Up on SiriusXM at 9:50am.
- Bradley Whitford (Happyish/Trophy Wife) - Bradley is a guest on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Josh McDermitt (Retired at 35) - Josh can be heard on The Morning Mash Up on SiriusXM at 10:45am.
- Erinn Hayes (Kevin Can Wait/Guys with Kids/Worst Week) - Erinn talks about Kevin Can Wait on the AOL Build Show at 4pm.