Friday, May 04, 2012
INSP will celebrate Mother's Day and Memorial Day with classic themed programming from its regular classic TV series! As a tribute to mothers everywhere, INSP will be featuring a marathon of some of the best mom-themed episodes from some of your favorite INSP shows! On Saturday, May 12 start the mom-a-thon off at 6pm ET with back-to-back episodes of Little House on the Prairie. The marathon continues with back-to-back The Waltons in primetime, followed by The Big Valley at 10pm & 11pm. An episode of Bonanza will air at 12 midnight leading into an hour each of classic sitcoms Happy Days and The Brady Bunch! Marion rebels on Happy Days--when Marion has a fall-out with Howard and becomes increasingly frustrated with her life as a housewife, she lands a job working as a waitress at Arnold's. After she insults Al's menu and interferes with other people's orders, Fonzie calls a meeting and insists something gets done about it. As for The Brady Bunch, when a magazine runs a contest and asks for readers of blended families to submit a story about their family, Carol secretly writes an article about her bunch and sends it in. When the kids find out, they expect to win the contest and celebrate their Mom's success prematurely.
On Memorial Day, while most folks may not sit and watch television on Memorial Day, there are many shut-ins, elderly, homeschoolers, patriots, etc. who embrace this type of programming. INSP believes these shows will be a blessing to them and to anyone who has served in the Armed Forces. It's four hours each of classic dramas Wind At My Back, The Big Valley and The Waltons all starting at 12 noon and lasting through 12 midnight on Monday, May 28. There will also be a special primetime marathon of The Waltons on Wednesday, May 23 from 8-11pm ET to get you into the patriotic mood!
It's Friday, so it is time for "Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows" for the coming week. This is where we list what sitcom stars are appearing on talk shows for the coming week, the stars are both current and past sitcom stars, so this is for all sitcom fans of all eras!
For the week of May 7-11, 2012, we have many current sitcom stars and past sitcom stars on TV talk shows! All times listed are Eastern. So get your DVR's (or whatever you use) ready! Ready? Here is all what you need to know for the coming week!
Monday, May 7, 2012
- James Van Der Beek (Don't Trust the B---- in Apartment 23) - Watch James on Chelsea Lately on E! at 11pm.
- Michael Strahan (Brothers) - Michael guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly Monday-Wednesday, so check your listings.
- Jenny McCarthy (Jenny/Two and a Half Men) - Jenny drops by Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Kelly Ripa (Hope & Faith) - Kelly appears on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Jim Parsons (The Big Bang Theory) - Catch Jim on The Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Casey Wilson (Happy Endings) - Casey is a guest on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 12am on ABC.
- Suzanne Somers (Three's Company/Step by Step/She's the Sheriff) - Suzanne talks about her book, Bombshell: Explosive Medical Secrets That Will Redefine Aging, on NBC's Today between 10-11am.
- Alison Brie (Community) - Watch Alison on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno at 11:35pm on NBC.
- Garry Shandling (The Larry Sanders Show/It's Garry Shandling's Show) - Garry drops by The Tonight Show with Jay Leno at 11:35pm on NBC.
- Steve Harvey (The Steve Harvey Show) - Steve appears on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 12am on ABC.
- Jenna Fischer (The Office) - Jenna visits The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:37am on CBS.
- Joel McHale (Community) - Joel stops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Whoopi Goldberg (Whoopi/Bagdad Cafe) - Whoopi discusses her new children's book, Sugar Plum Ballerinas: Dancing Diva, on ABC's Good Morning America between 7-9am.
- Rico Rodriguez (Modern Family) - The young and talented Rico is a guest on ABC's Good Morning America between 7-9am.
- Ellie Kemper (The Office) - Catch Ellie on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon at 12:37am on NBC.
- Cybill Shepherd (Cybill) - Cybill discusses her unique style choices through the years and her activism for female reproductive rights on The Revolution on ABC at 2pm ET/1pm PT/CT.
- Jenna Fischer (The Office) - Watch Jenna on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno at 11:35pm on NBC.
- Jay Mohr (Gary Unmarried/Action) - Jay is a guest on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno at 11:35pm on NBC.
- Bob Saget (How I Met Your Mother/Full House) - Bob guest co-hosts The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Hilary Duff (Lizzie McGuire) - Hilary appears on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check listings.
- Felicity Huffman (Sports Night) - Felicity visits ABC's Good Morning America between 7-9am. She will also be on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Suzanne Somers (Three's Company/Step by Step/She's the Sheriff) - Suzanne gives a deserving mom a new look on Rachael Ray, so check your local listings.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (February/March)
02/07 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - Sabrina Down Under
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 1 - School's Cool - Boy Crazy
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 2 - About a Family - Hangin' Out
02/07 - 227 - The Complete First Season (Mill Creek)
02/07 - Vice Principals - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
02/14 - Beavis and Butt-Head - The Complete Collection
02/14 - Grace and Frankie - Season Two
02/28 - Fuller House - The Complete First Season
03/03 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - Now... In Living Color! (Blu-ray)
03/07 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - Mama's Family - Mama's Favorites
03/07 - That '70s Show - The Complete Series - Flashback Edition (Blu-ray)
03/07 - What I Like About You - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - You Me Her - Season One
03/14 - Newhart - The Final (Eighth) Season
03/14 - Unbrekable Kimmy Schmidt - Season Two
03/21 - Master of None - Season One
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Thursday, March 30
The Big Bang Theory - "The Collaboration Fluctuation" (CBS, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Leonard, Penny and Raj adjust to their new living arrangement, and Sheldon takes an interest in Amy’s work.
The Great Indoors - "Cubicles" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT)
When Jack can’t concentrate because of the millennials’ distracting juvenile behavior, Brooke installs cubicles in the bullpen.
Mom - "Black Mold and an Old Hot Dog" (CBS, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Christy helps Jill adjust to being a new foster mother, and Bonnie has trouble convincing tenants that she’s a good building manager.
Life in Pieces - "Sleepover Dream Light Haze" (CBS, 9:30PM ET/PT)
When Matt and Colleen take a strong sleep aid, they start experiencing crazy sleepwalking adventures. Also, Greg gets upset when Jen reveals she had a sex dream about a member of the family; Tim regrets missing a slumber party when he was a kid so he insists on helping Sophia make it through a friend’s sleepover; and John installs a motion-sensor light in the yard that flashes repeatedly, keeping them up at night. Fortune Feimster returns as Colleen’s roommate, Dougie, and J.B. Smoove returns as John and Joan’s neighbor, Darryl.
Superstore - "Seasonal Help" (NBC, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Much to Amy's (America Ferrera) dismay, Glenn (Mark McKinney) hires Amy's husband, Adam (guest star Ryan Gaul), for some extra help, exposing her in ways in which she is not prepared. Frustrated with the lazy, noncommittal temps, Jonah (Ben Feldman) and Garrett (Colton Dunn) start an employee draft to place bets on who will quit first while Glenn tries to find the perfect person to play Santa at the store for Christmas.
Powerless - "I'ma Friend You" (NBC, 8:30PM ET/PT)
When Emily (Vanessa Hudgens) learns that Jackie (Christina Kirk) is in need of some extra cash, she can't help but try and do what she can to help her out. Meanwhile, Van (Alan Tudyk) is on a witch hunt and has his eyes set on Teddy (Danny Pudi), Ron (Ron Funches) and Wendy (Jennie Pierson).
Thursday, March 30
- Matthew Perry (The Odd Couple/Go On/Mr. Sunshine/Friends) - Catch Matthew on a repeat of Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC. He will also be on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am and the AOL Build Show at 4pm.
- Louis C.K. (Louie/Lucky Louie) - Louie appears on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Regina King (227) - Regina stops by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Marisa Tomei (A Different World) - Marissa is a guest on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Christine Baranski (Cybill/Happy Family/Welcome to New York) - Christine appears on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Kristen Schaal (The Last Man on Earth/Bob's Burgers/Flight of the Conchords) - Kristen visits Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Adam Scott (Parks and Recreation) - Adam drops by The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Brooklyn Decker (Grace and Frankie/Friends with Better Lives) - Brooklyn is a guest on Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Wanda Sykes (The New Adventures of Old Christine/Wanda at Large) - Wanda appears on Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Christian Slater (Breaking In) - Christian guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Kristen Bell (The Good Place) - Kristen is a guest on a repeat of The Real, so check your listings.
- Alec Baldwin (30 Rock) and Lisa Kudrow (Friends/The Comeback) - Alec and Lisa talk about The Baby Boss on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am.
- Katey Sagal (Superior Donuts/Married with Children/8 Simple Rules) - Katey discusses her new book Grace Notes: My Recollections on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am. She will also be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 11:30am ET.
- Zach Braff (Scrubs) - Zach will be on NBC's Today in the 9am hour.
- Craig Ferguson (The Drew Carey Show) - Craig is a guest on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.