Friday, May 04, 2012
INSP will celebrate Mother's Day and Memorial Day with classic themed programming from its regular classic TV series! As a tribute to mothers everywhere, INSP will be featuring a marathon of some of the best mom-themed episodes from some of your favorite INSP shows! On Saturday, May 12 start the mom-a-thon off at 6pm ET with back-to-back episodes of Little House on the Prairie. The marathon continues with back-to-back The Waltons in primetime, followed by The Big Valley at 10pm & 11pm. An episode of Bonanza will air at 12 midnight leading into an hour each of classic sitcoms Happy Days and The Brady Bunch! Marion rebels on Happy Days--when Marion has a fall-out with Howard and becomes increasingly frustrated with her life as a housewife, she lands a job working as a waitress at Arnold's. After she insults Al's menu and interferes with other people's orders, Fonzie calls a meeting and insists something gets done about it. As for The Brady Bunch, when a magazine runs a contest and asks for readers of blended families to submit a story about their family, Carol secretly writes an article about her bunch and sends it in. When the kids find out, they expect to win the contest and celebrate their Mom's success prematurely.
On Memorial Day, while most folks may not sit and watch television on Memorial Day, there are many shut-ins, elderly, homeschoolers, patriots, etc. who embrace this type of programming. INSP believes these shows will be a blessing to them and to anyone who has served in the Armed Forces. It's four hours each of classic dramas Wind At My Back, The Big Valley and The Waltons all starting at 12 noon and lasting through 12 midnight on Monday, May 28. There will also be a special primetime marathon of The Waltons on Wednesday, May 23 from 8-11pm ET to get you into the patriotic mood!
It's Friday, so it is time for "Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows" for the coming week. This is where we list what sitcom stars are appearing on talk shows for the coming week, the stars are both current and past sitcom stars, so this is for all sitcom fans of all eras!
For the week of May 7-11, 2012, we have many current sitcom stars and past sitcom stars on TV talk shows! All times listed are Eastern. So get your DVR's (or whatever you use) ready! Ready? Here is all what you need to know for the coming week!
Monday, May 7, 2012
- James Van Der Beek (Don't Trust the B---- in Apartment 23) - Watch James on Chelsea Lately on E! at 11pm.
- Michael Strahan (Brothers) - Michael guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly Monday-Wednesday, so check your listings.
- Jenny McCarthy (Jenny/Two and a Half Men) - Jenny drops by Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Kelly Ripa (Hope & Faith) - Kelly appears on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Jim Parsons (The Big Bang Theory) - Catch Jim on The Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Casey Wilson (Happy Endings) - Casey is a guest on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 12am on ABC.
- Suzanne Somers (Three's Company/Step by Step/She's the Sheriff) - Suzanne talks about her book, Bombshell: Explosive Medical Secrets That Will Redefine Aging, on NBC's Today between 10-11am.
- Alison Brie (Community) - Watch Alison on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno at 11:35pm on NBC.
- Garry Shandling (The Larry Sanders Show/It's Garry Shandling's Show) - Garry drops by The Tonight Show with Jay Leno at 11:35pm on NBC.
- Steve Harvey (The Steve Harvey Show) - Steve appears on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 12am on ABC.
- Jenna Fischer (The Office) - Jenna visits The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:37am on CBS.
- Joel McHale (Community) - Joel stops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Whoopi Goldberg (Whoopi/Bagdad Cafe) - Whoopi discusses her new children's book, Sugar Plum Ballerinas: Dancing Diva, on ABC's Good Morning America between 7-9am.
- Rico Rodriguez (Modern Family) - The young and talented Rico is a guest on ABC's Good Morning America between 7-9am.
- Ellie Kemper (The Office) - Catch Ellie on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon at 12:37am on NBC.
- Cybill Shepherd (Cybill) - Cybill discusses her unique style choices through the years and her activism for female reproductive rights on The Revolution on ABC at 2pm ET/1pm PT/CT.
- Jenna Fischer (The Office) - Watch Jenna on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno at 11:35pm on NBC.
- Jay Mohr (Gary Unmarried/Action) - Jay is a guest on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno at 11:35pm on NBC.
- Bob Saget (How I Met Your Mother/Full House) - Bob guest co-hosts The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Hilary Duff (Lizzie McGuire) - Hilary appears on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check listings.
- Felicity Huffman (Sports Night) - Felicity visits ABC's Good Morning America between 7-9am. She will also be on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Suzanne Somers (Three's Company/Step by Step/She's the Sheriff) - Suzanne gives a deserving mom a new look on Rachael Ray, so check your local listings.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (September)
09/06 - Coach - Season One (Mill Creek) / Season Two / Seasons One and Two
09/06 - South Park - The Complete Ninteenth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Ninth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - Newhart - The Complete Sixth Season
09/20 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Fifth Season
09/20 - Family Matters - The Complete Eighth Season
09/20 - Modern Family - The Complete Season 7
09/20 - Veep - Season 5
09/27 - The Wonder Years - Season Six
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Tuesday, October 25
The Middle - "Halloween VIII: The Heckoning" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
As Halloween approaches, Frankie is taken aback when she discovers that, if the circumstances ever arose where she and Mike got divorced, the kids would all choose to live with Mike. Meanwhile, Sue tries everything in her power to get her room back from Brick, and having to be so nice around girlfriend April all of the time leads Axl to lash out at his family.
American Housewife - "Westport Zombies" (ABC, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Katie, jealous of Taylor’s friendship with neighbor Viv (Leslie Bibb), reluctantly competes in the Westport Halloween “Zombie Run” after she finds out they’ll both be running. Meanwhile, Greg and Anna-Kat get a little too much in character for the “zombie” part of the run’s obstacle course.
Fresh Off the Boat - "Louisween" (ABC, 9:00PM ET/PT)
It’s Louis’ favorite holiday, and he makes every attempt to scare Jessica into the Halloween spirit, but she is buried in her word processor, drafting her first horror novel. Meanwhile, Emery and Evan debate costume choices, and Eddie and his crew are excited to party with high schoolers at Nicole’s house.
The Real O'Neals - "The Real Halloween" (ABC, 9:30PM ET/PT)
When Halloween arrives, or what Kenny refers to as “the gay Super Bowl,” he plans to go to Boystown to watch the festive costume parade. In an effort to prevent Kenny from attending, Eileen agrees to let him throw his own Halloween party at home. Eileen’s tolerance is ultimately tested when Kenny recruits Stuart and his gay friends to join the big party, and he makes a BIG costume change. Meanwhile, Jimmy and Shannon plan to pull off an epic Halloween prank.
Atlanta - "Junteenth" (FX, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Why my Auntie trying to make me go to one of these bougie Junteenth parties again? I don't like them sadity people and I'm gonna miss my shows. Le sigh.
Family Time - "Head of House" (Bounce TV, 9:00PM ET/PT)
When the Stallworths have an unexpected visitor, they learn of a vicious crime that took place in their home years ago.
Tuesday, October 25
- Will Forte (The Last Man on Earth) - Catch Will on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. He also chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Matt LeBlanc (Man with a Plan/Episodes/Friends) - Matt is a guest on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Cobie Smulders (How I Met Your Mother) - Cobie appears on Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Skylar Astin (Ground Floor) - Skylar is a guest on Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Ron Howard (Happy Days/The Andy Griffith Show) - Ron drops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Mary Lynn Rajskub (How to Be a Gentleman/Veronica's Closet/The Larry Sanders Show) and David Koechner (Another Period/Hank/The Office) - Mary and David are guests on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- John Lithgow (3rd Rock from the Sun/Twenty Good Years) - John appears on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Jamie Lee Curtis (Scream Queens/Anything But Love) - Jamie Lee is a guest on Harry, so check your local listings.
- Erinn Hayes (Kevin Can Wait/Guys with Kids/Worst Week) - Erinn plays a celeb guessing game with Rach, who’s serving up no-fail make-your-own takeout, on Rachael Ray, so check your local listings.
- Mary Steenburgen (The Last Man on Earth/Ink) - Mary joins the Chew Crew on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Ana Gasteyer (People of Earth/Lady Dynamite/Suburgatory) - Ana will be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET. She will also be on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- Cheryl Hines (Son of Zorn/Suburgatory/Curb Your Enthusiasm) - Cheryl is a guest on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Abbi Jacobson (Broad City) - Abbi will be on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am. She will also be on the AOL Build Show 4pm.
- Don Rickles (C.P.O. Sharkey/Daddy Dearest) - Don is a guest on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am.
- Nico Tortorella (Younger) - Nico appears on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.