Wednesday, May 30, 2012
Castle on TNT Delayed; Nick at Nite Adds Friends Marathon, Schedule Change, and Pilot Episode Week for Hollywood Heights
We announced in late April the TNT start date for reruns of Castle was Thursday, June 7. As of late last week, TNT has delayed the start date for reruns of that popular comedic crime drama. No word yet on when Castle will air on TNT now, but The Mentalist reruns will continue to air on Thursday nights at 9pm and 10pm. In the meantime, viewers can watch Castle reruns on ABC on Mondays at 10pm for the next two weeks (June 4 and 11) before it goes on hiatus until late August. The series will return with brand new episodes on ABC this fall for its fifth season.
Castle is a comedic/romantic crime drama starring Nathan Fillion (Firefly, Desperate Housewives) and Stana Katic (Quantum of Solace, TNT's The Librarian: Curse of the Judas Chalice). Also as part of TNT's TV Everywhere rollout, Castle will also be available for online viewing through mobile phones, tablets, computers and other devices as soon s it starts airing on TNT. They will only be allowed to air the first two seasons for now but will be able to air more than just the first two seasons by Fall 2013. The series also heads to weekend broadcast syndication this fall, so check your local listings for times and station as we get closer to the fall! Stay with us for a new premiere date for Castle on TNT!
Nick at Nite will premiere its new original primetime series a bit earlier than planned! Nick at Nite adds sizzle to summer weeknights with the original primetime drama Hollywood Heights, kicking off with a special preview beginning Monday, June 11 at 9:00 p.m. The debut episode will also encore every night at 9:00 p.m. (ET/PT) through Friday, June 15, with the series still premiering on Monday, June 18 at 9:00 p.m. (ET/PT) and new episodes airing every weeknight thereafter, as we previously announced. Adapted for a U.S. audience from the wildly popular Mexican telenovela Alcanzar una Estrella, Hollywood Heights follows the journey of a teenage girl whose life changes drastically when she becomes a star and wins the love of her rock and roll idol, and both are tested by setbacks, heartbreak and deception. The first season of the 80-episode series, co-produced with Televisa in association with Sony Pictures Television, will air weeknights at 9 p.m. through October 2012. The special preview week (June 11-15) will have back-to-back episodes of Friends as a lead-in from 8-9pm at a special time. As a result, Yes, Dear will air 10-11pm, while another hour of Friends will follow at 11 leading into a block of George Lopez from 12-2am. This means That '70s Show will not air this week, but the sitcom will be joining sister network TV Land's schedule this coming Friday anyway, so perhaps it will be slowly phased out from Nick. This new schedule will likely remain week of June 18, too, but we don't have that confirmed yet.
Nick at Nite also has a Friends week coming up from Monday, June 4 to Friday, June 8 from 8pm-5am ET/PT each night to help promote the premiere of Hollywood Heights the week after. Nick at Nite also has a Father's Day event planned on Sunday, June 17 with My Wife & Kids even making an appearance with George Lopez, Yes Dear and Friends.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (September)
09/06 - Coach - Season One (Mill Creek) / Season Two / Seasons One and Two
09/06 - South Park - The Complete Ninteenth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Ninth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - Newhart - The Complete Sixth Season
09/20 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Fifth Season
09/20 - Family Matters - The Complete Eighth Season
09/20 - Modern Family - The Complete Season 7
09/20 - Veep - Season 5
09/27 - The Wonder Years - Season Six
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Monday, October 24
Kevin Can Wait - "Beat the Parents" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Kevin and Donna are thrilled when their son, Jack, makes friends with a boy from school, Grayden (Graydon Peter Yosowitz), however, when Donna and Kevin don’t hit it off with Grayden’s arrogant father, Vic (Ray Romano), and his pushy wife, Brandi (Lindsay Broad), they set out to sabotage the boys’ new friendship. Matt Romano guest stars as Vic’s second son, Braden.
Man with a Plan - "Pilot" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Golden Globe Award winner Matt LeBlanc stars as Adam, a contractor who starts spending more time with his three kids when his wife, Andi, goes back to work and discovers the truth all parents eventually realize—their little angels are maniacs.
2 Broke Girls - "And the Godmama Drama" (CBS, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Oleg and Sophie’s plan to have Max and Caroline as Barbara’s godparents is derailed when Oleg’s domineering mother, Olga (Mercedes Ruehl), arrives from the Ukraine for the baby’s baptism and fires Max and Caroline from their godparent duties.
The Odd Couple - "Food Fight" (CBS, 9:30PM ET/PT)
When Oscar learns that his favorite hangout, Langford’s, is in financial trouble, he impulsively asks Felix to help save it, without considering the disastrous consequences. Also, Felix tries to make his mark on the restaurant when the owner, Fred Langford (Fred Willard), puts him in charge for a few days.
Monday, October 24
- Ricky Gervais (The Office) - Watch Ricky on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Tom Hanks (Bosom Buddies) - Tom appears on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. He also talks about Inferno on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am and on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Elijah Wood (Wilfred) - Elijah is a guest on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Ana Gasteyer (People of Earth/Lady Dynamite/Suburgatory) - Ana visits Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Nick Offerman (Parks and Recreation) - Nick stops by The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Ron Howard (Happy Days/The Andy Griffith Show) - Ron appears on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Kate Micucci (Raising Hope/The Big Bang Theory) - Kate is a guest on a repeat of @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Zooey Deschanel (New Girl) - Zooey appears on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Michael Chiklis (Daddio) - Michael drops by Harry, so check your local listings.
- Jameela Jamil (The Good Place) - Jameela appears on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Aya Cash (You're the Worst) - Aya talks about You're the Worst on the AOL Build ShoW at 2pm. She will also be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Will Forte (The Last Man on Earth) - Will is a guest on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am.
- Mary Steenburgen (The Last Man on Earth/Ink) - Mary talks about The Last Man on Earth on NBC's Today in the 10am hour. She will also be on the AOL Build Show at 12:30pm.
- Anna Camp (The Mindy Project) - Anna talks about Good Girls Revolt on People Now at 8:30am.
- James Brolin (Life in Pieces) - James is a guest on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Matt LeBlanc (Man with a Plan/Episodes/Joey/Friends) - Matt appears on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Nico Tortorella (Younger) - Nico guest co-hosts The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.