Wednesday, May 30, 2012
Castle on TNT Delayed; Nick at Nite Adds Friends Marathon, Schedule Change, and Pilot Episode Week for Hollywood Heights
We announced in late April the TNT start date for reruns of Castle was Thursday, June 7. As of late last week, TNT has delayed the start date for reruns of that popular comedic crime drama. No word yet on when Castle will air on TNT now, but The Mentalist reruns will continue to air on Thursday nights at 9pm and 10pm. In the meantime, viewers can watch Castle reruns on ABC on Mondays at 10pm for the next two weeks (June 4 and 11) before it goes on hiatus until late August. The series will return with brand new episodes on ABC this fall for its fifth season.
Castle is a comedic/romantic crime drama starring Nathan Fillion (Firefly, Desperate Housewives) and Stana Katic (Quantum of Solace, TNT's The Librarian: Curse of the Judas Chalice). Also as part of TNT's TV Everywhere rollout, Castle will also be available for online viewing through mobile phones, tablets, computers and other devices as soon s it starts airing on TNT. They will only be allowed to air the first two seasons for now but will be able to air more than just the first two seasons by Fall 2013. The series also heads to weekend broadcast syndication this fall, so check your local listings for times and station as we get closer to the fall! Stay with us for a new premiere date for Castle on TNT!
Nick at Nite will premiere its new original primetime series a bit earlier than planned! Nick at Nite adds sizzle to summer weeknights with the original primetime drama Hollywood Heights, kicking off with a special preview beginning Monday, June 11 at 9:00 p.m. The debut episode will also encore every night at 9:00 p.m. (ET/PT) through Friday, June 15, with the series still premiering on Monday, June 18 at 9:00 p.m. (ET/PT) and new episodes airing every weeknight thereafter, as we previously announced. Adapted for a U.S. audience from the wildly popular Mexican telenovela Alcanzar una Estrella, Hollywood Heights follows the journey of a teenage girl whose life changes drastically when she becomes a star and wins the love of her rock and roll idol, and both are tested by setbacks, heartbreak and deception. The first season of the 80-episode series, co-produced with Televisa in association with Sony Pictures Television, will air weeknights at 9 p.m. through October 2012. The special preview week (June 11-15) will have back-to-back episodes of Friends as a lead-in from 8-9pm at a special time. As a result, Yes, Dear will air 10-11pm, while another hour of Friends will follow at 11 leading into a block of George Lopez from 12-2am. This means That '70s Show will not air this week, but the sitcom will be joining sister network TV Land's schedule this coming Friday anyway, so perhaps it will be slowly phased out from Nick. This new schedule will likely remain week of June 18, too, but we don't have that confirmed yet.
Nick at Nite also has a Friends week coming up from Monday, June 4 to Friday, June 8 from 8pm-5am ET/PT each night to help promote the premiere of Hollywood Heights the week after. Nick at Nite also has a Father's Day event planned on Sunday, June 17 with My Wife & Kids even making an appearance with George Lopez, Yes Dear and Friends.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (December/January)
12/06 - Family Guy - Season Fourteen
12/13 - American Dad! - Volume 11
12/13 - Newhart - The Complete Seventh Season
01/03 - Girls - The Complete Fifth Season (Blu-ray)
01/10 - Broad City - Season 3
01/17 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #2 (Colorized)
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume One
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume Two
01/24 - Hooperman - Season One
01/24 - Hooperman - Season Two
01/31 - Ballers - The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Friday, January 20
Last Man Standing - "A House Divided" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
When Mike and Vanessa ask newlyweds Mandy and Kyle to tone down their constant displays of affection, Mandy agrees but only if her parents become more discreet in the way they express their feelings to each other. Meanwhile, Kristen gets Eve a gig playing at the Grill, but Ed wants to fire her after a lackluster performance.
Dr. Ken - "A Day in the Life" (ABC, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Amy (guest star Yvette Nicole Brown), the producer of a documentary health series, follows Ken around to record a typical day at an HMO, giving Ken his big moment in the limelight. But much to Ken’s chagrin, a series of the less than thrilling day-to-day parts of the job at Welltopia leads Ken to doubt his own career choice.
Friday, January 20
- Anthony Anderson (black-ish/Guys with Kids/All About the Andersons) - Catch Anthony on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- JoAnna Garcia Swisher (Reba/Better with You) - JoAnna visits The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Jim Gaffigan (The Jim Gaffigan Show/My Boys/Welcome to New York) - Jim stops by The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Cristela Alonzo (Cristela) - Cristela drops by The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- John Lithgow (3rd Rock from the Sun/Twenty Good Years) - John is a guest on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Ken Jeong (Dr. Ken/Community) - Ken is a guest on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC. He also appears on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Nicole Byer (Loosely, Exactly Nicole) - Nicole appears on a repeat of Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Joe Jonas (Jonas L.A.) - Joe guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Bernadette Peters (Mozart in the Jungle/All's Fair) - Bernadette is a guest on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Queen Latifah (Living Single) - Queen Latifah is a guest on a repeat of Rachael Ray, so check your local listings.
- Andrew Dice Clay (Bless This House/Hitz) - Andrew stops by Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Johnny Galecki (The Big Bang Theory/Roseanne - Johnny discusses his role in the new film, Rings, and dishes on this season of The Big Bang Theory on the AOL Build Show at 1pm.