Tuesday, May 22, 2012
Nick at Nite's New Series Hollywood Heights Premieres June 18; CBS Renews Rules of Engagement for 7th Season
Nick at Nite adds sizzle to summer weeknights with the debut of the original primetime drama Hollywood Heights on Monday, June 18, at 9 p.m. (ET/PT). Adapted for a U.S. audience from the wildly popular Mexican telenovela Alcanzar una Estrella, Hollywood Heights follows the journey of a teenage girl whose life changes drastically when she becomes a star and wins the love of her rock and roll idol, and both are tested by setbacks, heartbreak and deception. The first season of the 80-episode series, co-produced with Televisa in association with Sony Pictures Television, will air weeknights at 9 p.m. through October 2012. On May 30, NickatNite.com will launch its Hollywood Heights show site, which will include a 'Character Connection' section for viewers to get to know the new series' characters. After the series launch, the site will feature Hollywood Heights highlights with teasers for upcoming episodes, and recaps of the show's best moments. Beginning June 1, the first episode of Hollywood Heights will be available for streaming on NickatNite.com, Facebook, and Nick@Nite On Demand -- all before the premiere on June 21! The first episode will also be available for free on iTunes beginning June 4. Additionally, the first five episodes of Hollywood Heights will be available for free download on iTunes, and streaming on Nick@Nite On Demand prior to its June 18 premiere. So you have plenty of ways to sample the series!
Hollywood Heights centers on Loren Tate (Brittany Underwood, One Life to Live), a shy teen whose musical aspirations inch closer to reality when she wins a songwriting contest sponsored by Eddie Duran (Cody Longo, Fame), a rock star at the top of his game. Although Loren and Eddie's budding partnership - on-stage and off - faces obstacles, their strong family bonds inspire them to keep going. Loren finds the support system she needs in her single mom, Nora (Jama Williamson, Parks and Recreation), as Nora returns to the dating scene for the first time in years. Meanwhile Eddie's unbreakable bond with his father, Max (Carlos Ponce, Couples Retreat, telenovela actor/singer) - strengthened by family tragedy - is challenged by Eddie's budding romance with a beautiful, but manipulative model and aspiring actress, Chloe Carter (Melissa Ordway, 17 Again). As Loren begins a meteoric rise on the music scene and Eddie's star begins to fade, together they learn that the road to love and stardom often carries a heavy price tag. Justin Wilczynski (Kaya) also stars as Eddie's bitter former friend, Tyler Rorke. Actor James Franco will star in a multi-episode arc as Osborne "Oz" Silver, an eccentric movie mogul who lives life to the fullest, often outrageously. Offbeat, seductive and ruthless when he has to be, Oz adores making movies and does whatever it takes to make the films he wants.
Looks like it will get yet another mid-season birth. Rules of Engagement will return for a seventh season next mid-season (2013) on CBS and that will be the fifth time in seven seasons it will premiere in mid-season. The last two seasons the series premiered in the fall, though last season it was delayed until late October. The series will return for 13 episodes next season, which will bring it up to the magic 100 episode mark. It was already sold in syndication, so it isn't coming back to just make it to syndication, but this will add on to that total number of episodes. The series premieres in local syndication (such as WPIX, KCAL, WCIU) and cable (WGN America) this fall (2012) five days a week from Sony Pictures Television! Rules will be on the bench just in case any comedy fails or if it is needed elsewhere. CBS has only ordered two new comedies: Partners for fall and Friend Me for mid-season.
The series is a comedy about the different phases of male/female relationships, as seen through the eyes of an engaged couple, Adam and Jennifer; a long-time married pair, Jeff and Audrey; a single guy on the prowl, Russell; and his office assistant, Timmy. As they find out, the often-confusing stages of a relationship can seem like being on a roller coaster: people can describe them to you, but to really know what it's like, you have to take a ride for yourself. Starring Patrick Warburton, Megyn Price, Oliver Hudson, Bianca Kajlich, with David Spade and Adhir Kalyan.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (September)
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Friday, September 4
Friday, September 4
- Steve Harvey (The Steve Harvey Show) - Watch Steve on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC. He will also be on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am, on the AOL Build Show, New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET and on HuffPost Live at 3:28pm.
- Alison Brie (Community) - Alison visits The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Miley Cyrus (Hannah Montana) - Catch Miley on a repeat of Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Keegan-Michael Key (Playing House/Gary Unmarried) - Keegan-Michael appears on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Tony Hale (Veep/Arrested Development) - Tony is a guest on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC. He will also be on People Chatter.
- Christina Applegate (Up All Night/Samantha Who?/Married with Children) - Christina appears on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Christian Slater (Breaking In) - Christian is a guest on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Brandy Norwood (The Game/Moesha/Thea) - Brandy performs on a repeat of The Wendy Williams Show at 12am on BET or on your local stations.
- Jamie Foxx (The Jamie Foxx Show) - Jamie will be on a repeat of The Queen Latifah Show, so check your local listings.
- Wanda Sykes (The New Adventures of Old Christine/Wanda at Large) - Wanda is a guest on a repeat of The Queen Latifah Show, so check your local listings.
- Wendy Raquel Robinson (The Game/The Steve Harvey Show/Minor Adjustments) - Wendy appears on a repeat of The Real, so check your local listings.
- Ed Helms (The Office) - Ed talks about his film Vacation on a repeat of The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Peri Gilpin (Mr. Robinson/Frasier) - Peri talks about Mr. Robinson on a repeat of The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Garcelle Beauvais (The Jamie Foxx Show) - Garcelle breaks down the hottest headlines of the day on a repeat of The Meredith Vieira Show, so check your local listings.
- Kym Whitley (Young & Hungry/Animal Practice/Sparks) - Kym tries out extreme-fitness dating, dog-park dating and paper-bag dating on a repeat of Steve Harvey, so check your local listings.
- Tituss Burgess (Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt/30 Rock) - Tituss is a guest on People Now.
- Teyonah Parris (Survivor's Remorse) - Teyonah will be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.