Wednesday, December 21, 2011
We hinted a few weeks back that Cloo (aka Sleuth) will air some Old School Saturday marathons in 2012. Now we can reveal the shows that will get the Old School Saturday marathon treatment. First off, the marathons will now be called "Cloo Classics" in 2012. If you're not familiar with these marathons, they are classic series marathons once a month on a Saturday. For the first two months of 2012, they have scheduled series they do not air regularly, so that is why we are bringing you this story because they usually air series they already air or air on other Universal-owned cable networks.
The first "Cloo Classics" marathon is on Saturday, Jan. 28, 2012 with 24-hours of the late '60s/early '70s drama Mannix beginning bright and early at 6am ET. The series of course starred Mike Connors as Joe Mannix. For this marathon, Cloo will air various episodes, mostly from seasons 3-5. Then a few weeks later in February, Cloo will air a "Cloo Classics" marathon of a sitcom! On Saturday, Feb. 18, 2012 from 6am-12pm, Cloo will air six-hours of the '60s comedy Get Smart starring Don Adams. It's too bad it isn't a full 24 hours like Mannix, but I guess we "missed it by that much?" These are NOT going to be joining the line-up, but hopefully they do well and perhaps they can be considered for the line-up like how classics T.J. Hooker and Charlie's Angels air regularly on sister network Universal HD. Both Mannix and Get Smart come from CBS Television Distribution. Sister network USA Network also obtained rights to a CBS Television Distribution comedy in Cheers, as we announced. Is there some sort of deal between Universal cable networks and CBS Television Distribution or is it just a coincidence?
Elsewhere on Cloo in January and February, there will be a Psych marathon on Martin Luther King, Jr. Day and a President's Day "Mount Rushmore" marathon featuring MacGyver, Monk, Walker, Texas Ranger, and T.J. Hooker. Finally, also of note on sister network Universal HD, catch a Charlie's Angels Supergirls Marathon starring Farrah Fawcett, Jaclyn Smith and Kate Jackson on Super Bowl Sunday (Sunday, Feb. 5) from 6am-6am. Who needs the NFL when you have Farrah?
Some of Hollywood's biggest stars -- including Mary Tyler Moore, Hugh Jackman, Jay Leno, Amy Poehler and Carol Burnett -- will celebrate the birthday of one of the world's most beloved entertainers in Betty White's 90th Birthday: A Tribute to America's Golden Girl on Monday, January 16 for 90-minutes (in honor of Betty turning 90!) from from 8-9:30 p.m. ET on NBC. White's Hot in Cleveland co-stars Valerie Bertinelli, Wendie Mallick and Jane Leeves, along with her Mary Tyler Moore Show co-stars Ed Asner, Valerie Harper and Gavin MacLeod, will also be on hand to deliver birthday wishes, as will Joel McHale, William Shatner and many more. The special, taping at the Biltmore Hotel in downtown Los Angeles, will include special musical performances, surprise appearances and comedy, featuring the irreverent tone, spirit and energy that is the hallmark of Betty's six-decade career in show business. White will take the stage to share some memories and give thanks to those who've come to honor her.
From her first words on radio in 1947, to her current TV Land series Hot In Cleveland, viewers will be taken on an unprecedented journey through Betty's storied career. Her work on game shows, talk shows, CBS's The Mary Tyler Moore Show and NBC's The Golden Girls will be featured, along with her work in movies and commercials. And most importantly, Betty will be saluted for her favorite role: making the world a better place for animals. It's just too bad no one from The Golden Girls is with us anymore to celebrate Betty turning 90. Betty turns 90 the following day on Tuesday, Jan. 17.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (April/May)
04/04 - Diff'rent Strokes - The Complete Fifth Season
04/11 - Father Knows Best - Season Five
04/11 - Schitt's Creek - The Complete Third Season
04/11 - Silicon Valley - The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
04/11 - Veep - The Complete Fifth Season
05/02 - Red, White and Blue Collar Sitcoms - Make TV Great Again
05/09 - ALF - The Complete DVD Collection
05/09 - Divorce - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
05/09 - The Wayans Bros. - The Complete Second Season
05/16 - The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air - The Complete Series
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Tuesday, May 23
Downward Dog - "Boundaries" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
When Nan installs an automatic dog door so she can take away Jason’s key but still keep him as Martin’s dog walker, Martin is convinced he can suddenly open doors with his mind, and the new-found power goes to his head. Meanwhile at work, Nan’s boss is unable to understand the new ad campaign Nan sold to the corporate bosses, and he spirals into confusion.
Brooklyn Nine-Nine - "The Bank Job" / "Crime & Punishment" (Fox, 8:00PM ET/PT)
As Jake and Rosa continue their search for a bank-robbing operation with Lieutenant Hawkins (guest star Gina Gershon), they realize there’s more to her team than meets the eye. After discovering a dangerous secret, they call for back-up from Holt and Pimento (guest star Jason Mantzoukas). Meanwhile, Boyle objects to Gina’s new boyfriend (guest star Ryan Phillipe). Then, Jake and Rosa are framed for a crime they didn’t commit, it’s up to the Nine-Nine to find a way to bust them out.
Great News - "Carol Has a Bully" (NBC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Carol (Andrea Martin) has a midterm she must pass in order to keep her internship. Katie (Briga Heelan) needs to choose between helping her mom and focusing on her hacking story, which she can't seem to crack. Meanwhile, Greg's (Adam Campbell) wealthy estranged grandmother (guest star Christina Pickles) pays a visit to the office. Chuck (John Michael Higgins) finds her cold and cruel, but almost immediately falls in love with her.
Great News - "Carol's Eleven" (NBC, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Katie (Briga Heelan) makes a huge discovery about the story she's been chasing and, with the help of Carol (Andrea Martin) and the rest of the staff, concocts a scheme to get the story out. Greg (Adam Campbell) struggles with balancing his conflicting loyalties to his family, co-workers and conscience.
Mann & Wife - "Mann, Shut Yo Mouth" (Bounce TV, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Struggling to solve a tough case, an exhausted Daniel falls asleep and wakes up in a 70's blaxploitation cop show.
Tuesday, May 23
- Terry Crews (Brooklyn Nine-Nine/Are We There Yet?/Everybody Hates Chris) - Catch Terry on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Rob Huebel (Trasparent/Burning Love) - Rob appears on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Al Madrigal (About a Boy/Welcome to The Captain/Gary Unmarried), Andrew Santino (I'm Dying Up Here/Sin City Saints) and Erik Griffin (I'm Dying Up Here) - Al, Andrew and Erik are guests on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Ari Graynor (I'm Dying Up Here/Bad Teacher) - Ari stops by Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Nick Kroll (The League/Cavemen) - Nick visits Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Ben Falcone (Nobodies/A to Z/Joey) - Ben drops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Abigail Breslin (Scream Queens) - Abigail appears on LIVE! with Kelly and Ryan, so check your listings.
- Mayim Bialik (The Big Bang Theory/Blossom) - Mayim talks about her new book Girling Up: How to Be Strong, Smart and Spectacular and The Big Bang Theory on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- William Shatner ($#*! My Dad Says) - William is a guest on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Kyle Chandler (What About Joan?) - Kyle teams up with Clinton Kelly to grill up a great entrée on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Nicole Byer ( Loosely Exactly Nicole) - Nicole is a guest on Steve Harvey, so check your local listings.
- The Love Boat Cast - The cast of The Love Boat reunites on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am.
- Debra Messing (Will & Grace) - Debra chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Zoe Lister-Jones (Life in Pieces/Friends with Better Lives/Whitney) - Zoe talks about her new comedy Band Aid on the AOL Build Show 1pm.
- Jamie Foxx (The Jamie Foxx Show) - Jamie talks about Beat Shazam on AOL Build Show 4pm.