Tuesday, November 08, 2011
Nathan Lane Joins USA Network Sitcom Pilot; Win A Boy Meets World Season 7 DVD Set From SitcomsOnline
Two-time Emmy(R) Award and Screen Actor's Guild Award winner Nathan Lane will star as Jasper, an unlucky actor whose Broadway aspirations must be put on hold when his father's health takes a turn for worse, forcing him to return to his Texas hometown. Cheyenne Jackson will play Tim, a handsome doctor who befriends Jasper in his Texas hometown. Ken Jenkins will star as Jasper's father Burl, who lives by himself and drinks heavily as his health is fading. Academy-Award nominee Douglas McGrath will write, direct and executive produce the pilot from Universal Cable Prods.
USA recently greenlit another comedy pilot, Paging Dr. Freed, a half-hour about two brothers who take over the reins of their father's medical practice after his untimely death. From Fox 21 and Universal Cable Prods., Michael Feldman (That's So Raven) will write and executive produce with Katy McCaffrey and Brad Johnson serving as producers. USA Network is heading into the original sitcom game as they are trying to find a match with upcoming acquisition Modern Family, which will air in syndication on USA Network beginning in Fall 2013. Perhaps the pilot Nathan Lane is in will be a good fit, as Lane has guest starred a few times on Modern Family as Cammron & Mitchell's friend Pepper. Both The Untitled Douglas McGrath Project and Paging Dr. Freed are only pilot orders. Once they have completed shooting, USA Network will then make a decision if they go to series or not. So still a ways to go but we will be here letting you know what will make it to be paired with Modern Family repeats!
We have 3 copies of Boy Meets World - The Complete Seventh Season for giveaway thanks to the fine folks at Lionsgate and ABC Studios. The contest begins today (Tuesday, November 8) and ends at the end of Tuesday, November 15 at 11:59pm ET on our Facebook page (more details below).
When this Boy Meets World! We're back to Philadelphia one last time! The Boy Meets World gang is back for the last of their adventures in the seventh and final season. Join Cory (Ben Savage) and the gang as they adapt to college and, even more so, life as adults. Cory and Topanga finally tie the knot and learn that living on their own isn’t as easy as they thought, Shawn and Angela get back together as a couple, Eric and Jack take on jobs in the real world, and the Matthews welcome a new addition to the family. Just when they think they've got it all figured out, unexpected surprises and newfound opportunities catch them off guard. Enjoy all 23 original episodes of Season 7 and relive the most endearing moments as Cory says good-bye in the final season on a 3-disc set from Lionsgate/ABC Studios! The season seven cast features Ben Savage as Cory Matthews, Rider Strong as Shawn Patrick Hunter, Danielle Fishel as Topanga Lawrence, Will Friedle as Eric Matthews, Betsy Randle as Amy Matthews, Lindsay Ridgeway as Morgan Matthews, Trina McGee-Davis as Angela Moore, Maitland Ward as Rachel McGuire, Matthew Lawrence as Jack Hunter, with William Daniels as Mr. Feeny and William Russ as Alan Matthews.
We recently reviewed Boy Meets World - The Complete Seventh Season, so go please read that first before you enter out contest. As for the contest, limit only "one" entry per person. Multiple entries from the same Facebook account will be deleted. The contest is open to US and Canadian residents only. Three (3) winners will be selected at random and notified by message on Facebook. Winners must respond within 48 hours of being notified with their mailing address or another winner will be contacted. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. Read the rest of the details here and how to enter. Mr. Feeny wishes you good luck!
The Big Bang Theory - "The Anything Can Happen Recurrence" (CBS, 8:00PM ET/PT)
When Sheldon tries to be spontaneous, it leads to unexpected friction between Penny, Amy and Bernadette. Meanwhile, Raj seeks Howard’s help in preparing for a date with Emily.
The Millers - "Tomlandia" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT)
When Nathan pitches a children’s show to his boss, Ed Dolan, based on Tom’s imaginary comic book, Tom has an adverse reaction to the tweaks made to his cherished world. Jeffrey Tambor returns as Ed Dolan, Nathan’s boss.
Two and a Half Men - "Lotta Delis in Little Armenia" (CBS, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Alan stumbles upon an opportunity to make money. Meanwhile, Walden has to address his co-dependency issues.
Bad Teacher - "Pilot" (CBS, 9:30PM ET/PT)
Former trophy wife Meredith Davis seeks a return to a life of leisure and luxury by posing as a teacher at an upscale elementary school to meet the students’ rich, single fathers and land one to marry. However, her plan hits a major snag and she faces exposure when her unconventional – and mostly unsuitable – teaching methods raise the suspicions of a fellow faculty member. Read our review.
Surviving Jack - "Something to Talk About" (Fox, 9:30PM ET/PT)
During an evening of inopportune timing, Frankie introduces his new girlfriend, Heather (guest star Lili Reinhart), to Joanne, who has just gotten her tubes tied and is still on pain medication. Instead of taking care of Joanne post-surgery, Jack has his hands full policing Frankie and Rachel. Meanwhile, George and Mikey try to retrieve a porn video they disguised in a "Casablanca" VHS case that has been placed into the wrong hands at the Dunlevy house.
Parks and Recreation - "Moving Up" (NBC, 8:00-9:00PM ET/PT)
Leslie (Amy Poehler), Ben (Adam Scott), and Andy (Chris Pratt) head to San Francisco for a National Parks Conference. Tom (Aziz Ansari) opens his restaurant, Ron (Nick Offerman) has another run-in with his ex-wife Tammy 2 (Special Guest Megan Mullally), Andy lives a rock and roll fantasy, and Leslie makes a huge decision about her future.
Saint George - "Hot Blooded" (FX, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Alma sets George up on a date with a Latina doctor, and George discovers the woman is crazy.
Anger Management - "Charlie Spends the Night with Lacey" (FX, 9:30PM ET/PT)
Charlie spends the night with Lacey to keep her from killing her ex-boyfriend.
Sirens - "There's No "I" in Ice Cream" (USA Network, 10:00PM ET/PT)
The crew remembers a day that followed the full spectrum of excitement; Johnny tries to find out who ate the last doughnut.
- "Distant Mom" (Nickelodeon, 8:00PM ET/PT)
The kids return from a vacation to Mozambique with their mom, Kim, only to learn the trip was actually a job interview at the embassy. They soon find out they are moving to Africa and away from Stephanie and Charlie. Guest Star: Holly Robinson Peete.
See Dad Run - "See Dad Run Into Marcus' Nephew" (Nickelodeon, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Emily takes Amy's car to a party with Marcus' nephew after she was forbidden from driving at night, and must race back to beat David home. Joe wants more responsibility so asks to babysit Janie. Guest Star: Larramie "Doc" Shaw.
The Rickey Smiley Show - "Roll Pounce" (TV One, 10:00PM ET/PT)
The annual skate off has a surprise entry.
Thursday, April 24
- Neil Patrick Harris (How I Met Your Mother/Doogie Howser, M.D.) - Catch Neil on The Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Sarah Hyland (Modern Family) - Sarah appears on The Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Julie Bowen (Modern Family) - Jim is a guest on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- James Van Der Beek (Friends with Lives/Don't Trust the B---- in Apartment 23) - James stops by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC. He will also be on Big Morning Buzz Live on VH1 at 10am.
- Zoe Lister-Jones (Friends with Better Lives/Whitney) - Zoe visits The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:37am on CBS.
- Tom Lennon (Sean Saves the World/Reno 911!) - Tom is a guest on @midnight at midnight on Comedy Central.
- Mary McCormack (Welcome to the Family) - Mary guest co-hosts Chelsea Lately on E! at 11pm.
- Mario Lopez (Saved by the Bell) - Mario appears on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Brandy Norwood (The Game/Moesha) - Tune in to see Brandy on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- The Cast of Bad Teacher - Sara Gilbert, Ari Graynor, David Alan Grier and Ryan Hansen are guests on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Candace Cameron-Bure (Full House) - Candace guest co-hosts The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Molly Ephraim (Last Man Standing) - Molly shares behind-the-scenes stories from her show on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Max Greenfield (New Girl/Modern Men) - Max shares his passion for teaching kids the love of reading and the value of giving back on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- William Shatner ($#*! My Dad Says) - William chats and performs on The Queen Latifah Show at 12am on BET or on your local stations.
- Timothy Simons (Veep) - Timothy will be on HuffPost Live.
- Mayim Bialik (The Big Bang Theory/Blossom) - Mayim is a guest on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Christine Lakin Step by Step) - Christine will be on Big Morning Buzz Live on VH1 at 10am all this week.
- B.J. Novak (The Office) - B.J. is a guest on NBC's Today between 7-9am.
- Jamie Foxx (The Jamie Foxx Show and Sally Field (Gidget/The Flying Nun) - Jamie, Sally and the rest of the cast The Amazing Spider-Man 2 will be on ABC's Good Morning America between 7-9am.