Tuesday, November 08, 2011
Nathan Lane Joins USA Network Sitcom Pilot; Win A Boy Meets World Season 7 DVD Set From SitcomsOnline
Two-time Emmy(R) Award and Screen Actor's Guild Award winner Nathan Lane will star as Jasper, an unlucky actor whose Broadway aspirations must be put on hold when his father's health takes a turn for worse, forcing him to return to his Texas hometown. Cheyenne Jackson will play Tim, a handsome doctor who befriends Jasper in his Texas hometown. Ken Jenkins will star as Jasper's father Burl, who lives by himself and drinks heavily as his health is fading. Academy-Award nominee Douglas McGrath will write, direct and executive produce the pilot from Universal Cable Prods.
USA recently greenlit another comedy pilot, Paging Dr. Freed, a half-hour about two brothers who take over the reins of their father's medical practice after his untimely death. From Fox 21 and Universal Cable Prods., Michael Feldman (That's So Raven) will write and executive produce with Katy McCaffrey and Brad Johnson serving as producers. USA Network is heading into the original sitcom game as they are trying to find a match with upcoming acquisition Modern Family, which will air in syndication on USA Network beginning in Fall 2013. Perhaps the pilot Nathan Lane is in will be a good fit, as Lane has guest starred a few times on Modern Family as Cammron & Mitchell's friend Pepper. Both The Untitled Douglas McGrath Project and Paging Dr. Freed are only pilot orders. Once they have completed shooting, USA Network will then make a decision if they go to series or not. So still a ways to go but we will be here letting you know what will make it to be paired with Modern Family repeats!
We have 3 copies of Boy Meets World - The Complete Seventh Season for giveaway thanks to the fine folks at Lionsgate and ABC Studios. The contest begins today (Tuesday, November 8) and ends at the end of Tuesday, November 15 at 11:59pm ET on our Facebook page (more details below).
When this Boy Meets World! We're back to Philadelphia one last time! The Boy Meets World gang is back for the last of their adventures in the seventh and final season. Join Cory (Ben Savage) and the gang as they adapt to college and, even more so, life as adults. Cory and Topanga finally tie the knot and learn that living on their own isn’t as easy as they thought, Shawn and Angela get back together as a couple, Eric and Jack take on jobs in the real world, and the Matthews welcome a new addition to the family. Just when they think they've got it all figured out, unexpected surprises and newfound opportunities catch them off guard. Enjoy all 23 original episodes of Season 7 and relive the most endearing moments as Cory says good-bye in the final season on a 3-disc set from Lionsgate/ABC Studios! The season seven cast features Ben Savage as Cory Matthews, Rider Strong as Shawn Patrick Hunter, Danielle Fishel as Topanga Lawrence, Will Friedle as Eric Matthews, Betsy Randle as Amy Matthews, Lindsay Ridgeway as Morgan Matthews, Trina McGee-Davis as Angela Moore, Maitland Ward as Rachel McGuire, Matthew Lawrence as Jack Hunter, with William Daniels as Mr. Feeny and William Russ as Alan Matthews.
We recently reviewed Boy Meets World - The Complete Seventh Season, so go please read that first before you enter out contest. As for the contest, limit only "one" entry per person. Multiple entries from the same Facebook account will be deleted. The contest is open to US and Canadian residents only. Three (3) winners will be selected at random and notified by message on Facebook. Winners must respond within 48 hours of being notified with their mailing address or another winner will be contacted. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. Read the rest of the details here and how to enter. Mr. Feeny wishes you good luck!
The Big Bang Theory - "The Itchy Brain Simulation" (CBS, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Leonard tries to keep Sheldon from overreacting when a past mistake comes to light, but Sheldon punishes Leonard by making him walk a mile in his shoes. Meanwhile, Penny confronts Raj’s ex-girlfriend, Lucy.
The Big Bang Theory - "The Scavenger Vortex" (CBS, 8:30PM T/PT) (Repeat)
When the entire gang competes in a scavenger hunt designed by Raj, it brings out the best – and worst – in everyone.
The Crazy Ones - "The Monster" / "The Lighthouse" (CBS, 9:00PM ET/PT) (Season Finale)
"The Monster" - Simon and the team try an out-of-the-box idea in order to save a library from being shut down, and Gordon literally becomes the unwilling poster boy for the campaign. Brad Garrett returns as Gordon Lewis, Gayle King guest stars as herself and Melody Thomas Scott guest stars as Flora, the librarian.
"The Lighthouse" - When a corporation wants to buy out Lewis, Roberts+Roberts, Gordon calls in the board to vote, and Simon’s ex-wife and Sydney’s mom has the final say. Brad Garrett returns as Gordon Lewis and Marilu Henner guest stars as Simon’s ex-wife and Sydney’s mother.
Surviving Jack - "Rhythm Is a Dancer" (Fox, 9:30PM ET/PT)
It's homecoming night, but Frankie is bummed that his crush, Heather (guest star Lili Reinhart), is promised to another date and Rachel is protesting the school's "No Grinding" policy. Meanwhile, with the kids out of the house, Jack and Joanne (Rachael Harris) are planning a passionate night to themselves.
Community - "Basic Sandwich" (NBC, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Season Finale)
The group learns the history of Greendale’s first Dean, Russell Borchert (guest star Chris Elliott, “Eagleheart”), a reclusive, wealthy genius who disappeared amid a personal scandal in the 1970s. Once Shirley (Yvette Nicole Brown) and Hickey (Jonathan Banks) locate the school’s blueprints, Annie (Alison Brie) and Abed (Danny Pudi) lead the search for Borchert’s old computer lab, which was sealed off years ago. Subway returns to Greendale with plans to take over the campus for a Subway University and they enlist Chang (Ken Jeong) to secretly keep tabs on the study group. Meanwhile, Jeff (Joel McHale) and Britta (Gillian Jacobs) make a grown-up decision about their futures.
Parks and Recreation - "One in 8,000" (NBC, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Leslie (Amy Poehler) and Ben (Adam Scott) run a charity auction to raise funds for the unity concert. April (Aubrey Plaza) steps in to manage Andy’s (Chris Pratt) schedule, while Donna (Retta) asks Ron (Nick Offerman) for help with her ex-boyfriend (Special Guest Star KEEGAN MICHAEL-KEY).
Sirens - "Itsy Bitsy Spider" (USA Network, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Hank fears spiders; Brian encounters his suicidal doppelganger; Johnny gets payback.
Saint George - "Hit Me With Your Best Shot" (FX, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Hit Me with Your Best Shot - George kicks Alma out of his house and discovers he misses fighting with her.
Anger Management - "Charlie Catches Jordan in the Act" (FX, 9:30PM ET/PT)
Charlie goes ballistic when a drunk Jordan makes out with a prisoner.
- "Buy Any Jeans Necessary" (Nick at Nite, 8:00PM ET/PT)
After Gabby is held for shoplifting for returning a pair of jeans with the sensor still on, Stephanie and Charlie take sides. Meanwhile, James is selling their unopened wedding presents to make extra cash.
See Dad Run - "See Dad Teach Emily to Drive" (Nick at Nite, 8:30PM ET/PT)
David takes Emily out driving, but his "coaching" makes her nervous, and he insists Emily's not ready for the responsibility. Later, Janie discovers Dr. Monkey Chunks was run over in the driveway, and now everyone is a suspect.
Thursday, April 17
- Billy Crystal (Soap) - Catch Billy on a repeat of The Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Tony Hale (Veep/Arrested Development) - Tony appears on a repeat of The Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Brooklyn Decker (Friends with Better Lives) - Brooklyn is part of the guest panel on Chelsea Lately on E! at 11pm.
- Tracy Morgan (30 Rock/The Tracy Morgan Show) - Tracy visits Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Judy Greer (Mad Love/Arrested Development/Miss Guided) - Judy drops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- David Duchovny (Californication) - David talks about the new season of Californication on LIVE! with Kelly and Michael, so check your listings.
- Max Greenfield (New Girl) - Max speaks about the new film About Alex on LIVE! with Kelly and Michael, so check your listings.
- Chelsea Handler (Are You There, Chelsea?) - Chelsea chats on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Whoopi Goldberg (Whoopi/Bagdad Cafe) - Whoopi talks about her new Lifetime movie A Day Late and a Dollar Short on The Wendy Williams Show at 12am on BET or on your local stations.
- Edie Falco (Nurse Jackie) - Edie talks about Nurse Jackie on NBC's Today between 7-9am.
- Heather Graham (Californication) - Heather talks about Californication on NBC's Today in the 9am hour.
- Jeremy Piven (Entourage/Ellen) - Jeremy is a guest on The Queen Latifah Show, so check your local listings.
- Margo Martindale (The Millers) - Margo will be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Neil Patrick Harris (How I Met Your Mother/Doogie Howser, M.D.) - Neil discusses his new role on Broadway in Hedwig and the Angry Itch on ABC's Good Morning America between 7-9am.
- Jason Alexander (Seinfeld/Listen Up) - Jason is a guest on Larry King Now at 2/5pm PT/ET on Ora.tv and Hulu.
- Valerie Harper (Rhoda/The Mary Tyler Moore Show/Valerie) - Valerie talks about Signed, Sealed, Delivered on Fox & Friends on Fox News Channel. She will be on Fox News Radio at 8:45am. She takes a SiriusXM Radio tour with Perri Peltz Shade 45 with SWAY, Morrning Jolt with Larry Flick, Entertainment Weekly Radio between 9:35-11:20am.
- Marlo Thomas (That Girl) - Marlo will be on Good Day New York on WNYW-Fox5 in New York at 9:20am.
- Ana Ortiz (A.U.S.A./Kristin) - Ana chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT. She also talks about the new season of Devious Maids (premieres April 20 at 10pm on Lifetime) on Arise TV.