Thursday, November 17, 2011
In a very last minute schedule change, MTV2 has acquired the rights to the popular '90s comedy Boy Meets World! As of Monday, the sitcom has been airing weekdays from 10am-12pm ET/PT. The series will also air Saturdays in a block from 10am-2pm. The sitcom joins Martin, The Wayans Bros., Malcolm & Eddie, and In Living Color as other popular '90s sitcoms (and sketch comedies) on the network. Martin and The Wayans Bros. air regularly weeknights after 10pm, while the other two seem to air as a filler here and there. Boy Meets World will also continue to air on ABC Family weekday mornings from 7-8am, so this looks like a shared deal between Disney and Viacom. Perhaps the sitcom will pop-up on other Viacom networks in the future like TeenNick or Nick at Nite? We will let you know if that happens for sure, but watch the sitcom right now on MTV2! Mr. Feeny gets even hipper by now being on MTV (well MTV2, that is)!
If you don't know, here is what the sitcom is about: Cory is your average guy. He has a best friend from the other side of the tracks, a teacher that constantly keeps him on his toes and a friend named Topanga who he has trouble understanding. With the support of his parents and his big brother Eric, Cory learns to cope with the roller coaster called growing up. Starring Ben Savaga as Cory Matthews; Rider Strong as Shawn Hunter; Danielle Fishel as Topanga Matthews; Will Friedle as Eric Matthews; Trina McGee as Angela Moore; Matthew Lawrence as Jack Hunter; and William Daniels as George Feeny.
In other MTV2 scheduling news, they have scheduled a Martin Thanksgiving Day marathon (Thursday, Nov. 24) from 3pm-9pm! Tune into to see all the crazy antics from Martin Lawrence and company.
Trey Parker and Matt Stone have reached a new deal with Comedy Central to extend cable's longest-running animated series, South Park. The deal for three additional seasons ensures the top-rated Emmy(R) and Peabody Award-winning series will remain in original episodes through 2016 and a milestone 20th season. Parker and Stone will continue to write, direct and edit every episode of South Park, as they have since the premiere of the series in 1997.
Recently voted "The Greatest Animated TV Series" in a poll conducted by Entertainment Weekly, South Park, which wrapped up its 15th season last night, has averaged over 3.5 million viewers per episode during its most recent season (most current data), in which it was the #1 show in all of television among Men 18-24 in Wednesday Prime and the #1 show in cable among Adults 18-49, Adults 18-34, Adults 18-24, Men 18-34 and Men 18-24 in Wednesday Prime. The series has also accumulated 35 million fans on Facebook, making it the most-liked series in cable and the #3 series in all of television.
South Park launched on August 13, 1997 and premiered its 15th season on April 27, 2011. South Park's Web site is www.southparkstudios.com. The series airs Wednesday nights at 10:00 p.m. and repeats later that night at midnight (all times ET/PT).
New on DVD/Blu-ray (March/April)
03/03 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - Now... In Living Color! (Blu-ray)
03/07 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - Mama's Family - Mama's Favorites
03/07 - That '70s Show - The Complete Series - Flashback Edition (Blu-ray)
03/07 - What I Like About You - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - You Me Her - Season One
03/14 - Newhart - The Final (Eighth) Season
03/14 - Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt - Season Two
03/21 - Master of None - Season One
04/04 - Diff'rent Strokes - The Complete Fifth Season
04/11 - Father Knows Best - Season Five
04/11 - Schitt's Creek - The Complete Third Season
04/11 - Silicon Valley - The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
04/11 - Veep - The Complete Fifth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Sunday, April 30
Bob's Burgers - "Like Gene for Chocolate" (Fox, 7:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
When Gene learns that the formula for his favorite chocolate has changed, he works with the head of the company in an attempt to remedy the situation. Meanwhile, Bob gets wrapped up in one of Teddy’s less-than-perfect plans.
Bob's Burgers - "Thelma & Louise Except Thelma Is Linda" (Fox, 7:30PM ET/PT)
After Louise gets in trouble at school, Linda is forced to meet with Mr. Frond (guest voice David Herman) and potentially could lose her hard-earned position as the Wagstaff bake sale leader. When she finds out that her daughter was actually trying to help another student, Linda is torn between following school policy or her own moral code.
The Simpsons - "Looking for Mr. Goodbart" (Fox, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Bart gets in trouble on Grandparents Day at school and is forced to hang out with Skinner’s mother as punishment. After spending time with various grandmas in the neighborhood, he learns the benefits of hanging out with the elderly, but eventually recognizes the dangers of taking advantage of them. Meanwhile, Peekimon Get has taken over the town of Springfield.
Making History - "Night Cream" (Fox, 8:30PM ET/PT)
With the ever-present threat of losing tenure looming over him, Chris reaches out to John Hancock and Samuel Adams to help spice things up in the classroom in 2017. Meanwhile, Deb's dream of re-opening Chadwick's ice cream parlor is finally coming to fruition, but Dan has a few marketing ideas of his own.
Family Guy - "The Peter Principal" (Fox, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Peter becomes the temporary principal at the high school, and Meg uses his new power to get even with her bullies. Meanwhile, Brian and Stewie open a bed & breakfast that quickly turns into a brothel.
The Last Man on Earth - "The Big Day" (Fox, 9:30PM ET/PT)
Tandy and Gail face off in a major disagreement, on which the whole group must weigh in, and Carol is forced to choose a side. Meanwhile, Melissa, Todd and Erica each have major milestone moments.
Sunday, April 30
- NeNe Leakes (The New Normal) - Catch NeNe on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Chris Pratt (Parks and Recreation) - Watch Chris on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. He will also be on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am and LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- America Ferrera (Superstore) - America drops by Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Ike Barinholtz (The Mindy Project) - Ike appears on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Joel McHale (The Great Indoors/Community) - Joel is a guest on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Jake Johnson (New Girl) - Jake visits The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Hank Azaria (Brockmire/The Simpsons/Free Agents) - Hank stops by Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Al Madrigal (About a Boy/Welcome to the Captain/Gary Unmarried) - Al appears on Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Kevin Nealon (Man with a Plan/Weeds/Hiller and Diller/Champs) - Kevin is a guest on Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Ashton Kutcher (The Ranch/Two and a Half Men/That '70s Show) - Ashton appears on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Allison Janney (Mom/Mr. Sunshine) - Allison teams up with Mario Batali to make a cheesy, decadent Gnocchi Al Telefono and dishes about her new Broadway show on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Charlie Hunnam (Undeclared) - Charlie will be on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am. He will also be on the AOL Build Show at 11:15am.
- Nick Robinson (Melissa & Joey) - Nick talks about his new film Everything, Everything on the AOL Build Show at 1pm.
- Jodie Sweetin (Hollywood Darlings/Fuller House/Full House) - Jodie is a guest on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.