Thursday, November 17, 2011
In a very last minute schedule change, MTV2 has acquired the rights to the popular '90s comedy Boy Meets World! As of Monday, the sitcom has been airing weekdays from 10am-12pm ET/PT. The series will also air Saturdays in a block from 10am-2pm. The sitcom joins Martin, The Wayans Bros., Malcolm & Eddie, and In Living Color as other popular '90s sitcoms (and sketch comedies) on the network. Martin and The Wayans Bros. air regularly weeknights after 10pm, while the other two seem to air as a filler here and there. Boy Meets World will also continue to air on ABC Family weekday mornings from 7-8am, so this looks like a shared deal between Disney and Viacom. Perhaps the sitcom will pop-up on other Viacom networks in the future like TeenNick or Nick at Nite? We will let you know if that happens for sure, but watch the sitcom right now on MTV2! Mr. Feeny gets even hipper by now being on MTV (well MTV2, that is)!
If you don't know, here is what the sitcom is about: Cory is your average guy. He has a best friend from the other side of the tracks, a teacher that constantly keeps him on his toes and a friend named Topanga who he has trouble understanding. With the support of his parents and his big brother Eric, Cory learns to cope with the roller coaster called growing up. Starring Ben Savaga as Cory Matthews; Rider Strong as Shawn Hunter; Danielle Fishel as Topanga Matthews; Will Friedle as Eric Matthews; Trina McGee as Angela Moore; Matthew Lawrence as Jack Hunter; and William Daniels as George Feeny.
In other MTV2 scheduling news, they have scheduled a Martin Thanksgiving Day marathon (Thursday, Nov. 24) from 3pm-9pm! Tune into to see all the crazy antics from Martin Lawrence and company.
Trey Parker and Matt Stone have reached a new deal with Comedy Central to extend cable's longest-running animated series, South Park. The deal for three additional seasons ensures the top-rated Emmy(R) and Peabody Award-winning series will remain in original episodes through 2016 and a milestone 20th season. Parker and Stone will continue to write, direct and edit every episode of South Park, as they have since the premiere of the series in 1997.
Recently voted "The Greatest Animated TV Series" in a poll conducted by Entertainment Weekly, South Park, which wrapped up its 15th season last night, has averaged over 3.5 million viewers per episode during its most recent season (most current data), in which it was the #1 show in all of television among Men 18-24 in Wednesday Prime and the #1 show in cable among Adults 18-49, Adults 18-34, Adults 18-24, Men 18-34 and Men 18-24 in Wednesday Prime. The series has also accumulated 35 million fans on Facebook, making it the most-liked series in cable and the #3 series in all of television.
South Park launched on August 13, 1997 and premiered its 15th season on April 27, 2011. South Park's Web site is www.southparkstudios.com. The series airs Wednesday nights at 10:00 p.m. and repeats later that night at midnight (all times ET/PT).
New on DVD/Blu-ray (January/February)
01/03 - Girls - The Complete Fifth Season (Blu-ray)
01/10 - Broad City - Season 3
01/17 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #2 (Colorized)
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume One
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume Two
01/24 - Hooperman - Season One / Review
01/24 - Hooperman - Season Two / Review
01/31 - Ballers - The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
02/07 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - Sabrina Down Under
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 1 - School's Cool - Boy Crazy
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 2 - About a Family - Hangin' Out
02/07 - 227 - The Complete First Season (Mill Creek)
02/07 - Vice Principals - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
02/14 - Beavis and Butt-Head - The Complete Collection
02/14 - Grace and Frankie - Season Two
02/28 - Fuller House - The Complete First Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Sunday, February 19
Son of Zorn - "The Quest for Craig" (Fox, 7:00M ET/PT) (Repeat)
When Craig runs off to get some perspective on his relationship with Edie, a road trip ensues to bring him back. Meanwhile, Alan’s Zephyrian legs actually make him popular at school, but his desperation to fit in seriously puts off his lady.
The Simpsons - "Trust but Clarify" (Fox, 7:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Lisa and Bart investigate Krusty’s suspicious new “Krustaceans” candy. Meanwhile, Homer wants a promotion at the nuclear plant and asks Marge to help him dress the part, and news anchor Kent Brockman struggles to find his feet in the changing media world.
The Simpsons - "The Cad and the Hat" (Fox, 8:00PM ET/PT)
When Bart betrays Lisa, he has to deal with his guilt – literally. Meanwhile, Springfield is in awe when Homer is revealed to be a chess savant.
Son of Zorn - "All Hail Son of Zorn" (Fox, 8:30M ET/PT)
Seeing an opportunity to get Linda’s old job back, Zorn increases Sanitation Solutions’ business by tapping into the Zephyrian market. Alan tries to win Layla back by becoming Prom King – with Zorn’s help.
Family Guy - "The Finer Strings" (Fox, 9:00PM ET/PT)
The guys decide to form a string quartet, but Peter doesn’t make the cut. Meanwhile, Brian is forced to be Carter’s seeing eye dog and enjoys the life of luxury a little too much.
Bob's Burgers - "There's No Business Like Mr. Business Business" (Fox, 9:30PM ET/PT)
When Gayle’s (guest star Megan Mullally) cat, Mr. Business, secures pet agent Ian Amberson (guest star John Oliver), Bob finds out that Linda may have been helping to fund the cat’s career. Ever the skeptic, Bob is prepared to shut it down, but learns that Mr. Business could be on the verge of his big break.
Sunday, February 19
- Michael Rapaport (The War at Home) - Catch Michael on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Jason Jones (The Detour) - Watch Jason on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Norm Macdonald (The Norm Show/A Minute with Stan Hooper) - Norm is a guest on a repeat of Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Keke Palmer (Scream Queens/True Jackson, VP) - Keke appears on a repeat of Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Wendi McLendon-Covey (The Goldbergs/Rules of Engagement/Reno 911!) - Wendi visits Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Patricia Heaton (The Middle/Back to You/Everybody Loves Raymond) - Patricia chats on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- NeNe Leakes (The New Normal) - NeNe guest co-hosts The Real, so check your local listings.
- Mike Farrell, Loretta Swit and Jamie Farr (M*A*S*H) - Mike, Loretta and Jamie are guests on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Anne-Marie Johnson (What's Happening Now!!) - Anne-Marie discusses diversity at the Oscars on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Adam Scott (Parks and Recreation) - Adam joins the Chew Crew on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Rosie Perez (Search Party) - Rosie is a guest on Good Day New York on WNYW-Fox5 in New York sometime between 7-10am.
- Regina Hall (Grandfathered) - Regina appears on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Louie Anderson (Baskets/The Louie Show/Life with Louie) - Louie is a guest on Steve Harvey, so check your local listings.