Thursday, November 17, 2011
In a very last minute schedule change, MTV2 has acquired the rights to the popular '90s comedy Boy Meets World! As of Monday, the sitcom has been airing weekdays from 10am-12pm ET/PT. The series will also air Saturdays in a block from 10am-2pm. The sitcom joins Martin, The Wayans Bros., Malcolm & Eddie, and In Living Color as other popular '90s sitcoms (and sketch comedies) on the network. Martin and The Wayans Bros. air regularly weeknights after 10pm, while the other two seem to air as a filler here and there. Boy Meets World will also continue to air on ABC Family weekday mornings from 7-8am, so this looks like a shared deal between Disney and Viacom. Perhaps the sitcom will pop-up on other Viacom networks in the future like TeenNick or Nick at Nite? We will let you know if that happens for sure, but watch the sitcom right now on MTV2! Mr. Feeny gets even hipper by now being on MTV (well MTV2, that is)!
If you don't know, here is what the sitcom is about: Cory is your average guy. He has a best friend from the other side of the tracks, a teacher that constantly keeps him on his toes and a friend named Topanga who he has trouble understanding. With the support of his parents and his big brother Eric, Cory learns to cope with the roller coaster called growing up. Starring Ben Savaga as Cory Matthews; Rider Strong as Shawn Hunter; Danielle Fishel as Topanga Matthews; Will Friedle as Eric Matthews; Trina McGee as Angela Moore; Matthew Lawrence as Jack Hunter; and William Daniels as George Feeny.
In other MTV2 scheduling news, they have scheduled a Martin Thanksgiving Day marathon (Thursday, Nov. 24) from 3pm-9pm! Tune into to see all the crazy antics from Martin Lawrence and company.
Trey Parker and Matt Stone have reached a new deal with Comedy Central to extend cable's longest-running animated series, South Park. The deal for three additional seasons ensures the top-rated Emmy(R) and Peabody Award-winning series will remain in original episodes through 2016 and a milestone 20th season. Parker and Stone will continue to write, direct and edit every episode of South Park, as they have since the premiere of the series in 1997.
Recently voted "The Greatest Animated TV Series" in a poll conducted by Entertainment Weekly, South Park, which wrapped up its 15th season last night, has averaged over 3.5 million viewers per episode during its most recent season (most current data), in which it was the #1 show in all of television among Men 18-24 in Wednesday Prime and the #1 show in cable among Adults 18-49, Adults 18-34, Adults 18-24, Men 18-34 and Men 18-24 in Wednesday Prime. The series has also accumulated 35 million fans on Facebook, making it the most-liked series in cable and the #3 series in all of television.
South Park launched on August 13, 1997 and premiered its 15th season on April 27, 2011. South Park's Web site is www.southparkstudios.com. The series airs Wednesday nights at 10:00 p.m. and repeats later that night at midnight (all times ET/PT).
New on DVD/Blu-ray (October/November)
10/04 - The Andy Griffith Show - The Christmas Special (Colorized)
10/04 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #1 (Colorized)
10/11 - Dr. Ken - Season One
10/11 - Mike & Molly - The Complete Sixth and Final Season
10/11 - Mike & Molly - The Complete Series
10/11 - Nurse Jackie - Seasons One and Two
10/11 - Weeds - Seasons One and Two
11/01 - Schitt's Creek - Seasons One and Two
11/08 - Family Matters - The Complete Ninth Season
11/08 - Your Family or Mine - Season One
11/15 - Community - The Complete Series
11/15 - The Lucy Show - The Complete Series
11/15 - The Mindy Project - Season Four
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Saturday, December 3
Henry Danger - "Dodging Danger" (Nickelodeon, 8:00PM ET/PT)
When Henry uses his new super power to compete in a Dodge-A-Leen tournament, Ray, Schwoz, and Charlotte go undercover to teach Henry a lesson.
Monday, December 5
- Will Smith (The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air) - Watch Will on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Steve Harvey (The Steve Harvey Show) - Steve visits The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC. He will also be on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am. He chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Jason Bateman (Arrested Development/The Hogan Family/It's Your Move) - Jason visits The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. He will also be on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am and on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Gael García Bernal (Mozart in the Jungle) - Gael is a guest on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Steve Agee (The Sarah Silverman Program) - Steve appears on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- The Cast of Fuller House - The cast of Fuller House are guests on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Patricia Heaton (The Middle/Back to You/Everybody Loves Raymond) - Patricia stops by Harry, so check your local listings.
- Miss Piggy (The Muppets) - Miss Piggy and Harry perform Deck the Halls on Harry, so check your local listings.
- Meredith Hagner (Search Party/Men at Work) - Meredith is a guest on Harry, so check your local listings.
- Lauren Graham (The Odd Couple/Conrad Bloom/Townies) - Lauren appears on Rachael Ray, so check your local listings.
- T.J. Miller (Silicon Valley/The Goodwin Games/Carpoolers) - T.J. talks about Office Christmas Party on the AOL Build Show at 3pm. He will be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET. He can also be heard on The Morning Mash Up on SiriusXM at 9:50am.
- Bradley Whitford (Happyish/Trophy Wife) - Bradley is a guest on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Josh McDermitt (Retired at 35) - Josh can be heard on The Morning Mash Up on SiriusXM at 10:45am.
- Erinn Hayes (Kevin Can Wait/Guys with Kids/Worst Week) - Erinn talks about Kevin Can Wait on the AOL Build Show at 4pm.