Wednesday, November 02, 2011
We gave you ABC Family's Countdown to 25 Days of Christmas (Nov. 20-30) schedule, now it's time to give you the actual 25 Days of Christmas (Dec. 1-25) schedule for 2011! The 25 days of holiday programming starts on Thursday, December 1 at 6pm with the holiday classic Mickey's Christmas Carol followed by the Disney favorite Winnie the Pooh and Christmas Too! The night continues with Tim Allen in the original The Santa Clause movie followed by an immediate encore. The next night will be a Dr. Seuss night with four animated half-hour specials (Dr. Seuss on the Loose, Dr. Seuss' The Lorax, Dr. Seuss' The Cat in the Hat and Dr. Seuss' The Grinch Grinches The Cat in the Hat) and the Jim Carey movie Dr. Seuss' How the Grinch Stole Christmas. Saturday, Dec. 3 has a Harry Potter full-day event from 7am-12am with the first five films and the next day we get an encore of films 2-5 leading into the basic cable premiere of Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince.
Moving on to Wednesday, December 7, it is the TV premiere of the half-hour Pink Panther special A Very Pink Christmas at 6pm and later in the night ABC Family has its premiere of the film National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation. Moving on to On Sunday, December 11, ABC Family premieres the ABC Family original movie 12 Dates of Christmas at 8pm starring Amy Smart and Mark-Paul Gosselar. Tuesday, December 13 sees the ABC Family premieres of two specials: Merry Madagascar at 6pm and Kung Fu Panda Holiday Special at 6:30pm, as they come from NBC. It looks like ABC will also air these this holiday season, just like how they acquired the Halloween special Scared Shrekless from NBC. We will have more on ABC and the other networks on our annual network holiday specials blog, so stay tuned!
Starting Thursday, December 15, ABC Family has its premiere of the classic animated special A Chipmunk Christmas at 6pm. Alvinnnnnnnn! On Friday, December 17, 2011, it is the ABC Family premiere of Disney•Pixar's Up at 9pm. On Monday, December 19 at 1:30pm, ABC Family has its premiere of the 1998 film I'll Be Home for Christmas. On Wednesday, December 21, ABC Family will premiere the new Disney Prep & Landing special: Naughty or Nice at 7:30pm, which will debut on ABC this holiday season. The original Disney Prep & Landing special will air before it at 7pm. And the last premiere is the holiday movie Secret Santa on Thursday, December 22 at 11am.
Among the movies I didn't mention airing include Jack Frost (1979), Jack Frost (1998), Home Alone 2: Lost in New York, The Santa Clause 3: The Escape Clause, Snow, Snow 2: Brain Freeze, Santa Baby, Santa Baby 2 Christmas Maybe, Holiday in Handcuffs, Christmas Cupid, Disney-Pixar's Finding Nemo, Disney-Pixar's The Incredibles, Richie Rich's Christmas Wish, Christmas List, Ernest Saves Christmas, Christmas Do-Over, and The Polar Express. And among the specials I didn't mention include A Flintstone Christmas, Cranberry Christmas, Rudolph's Shiny New Year, Rudolph & Frosty's Christmas in July, The Year Without a Santa Claus, A Miser Brothers' Christmas, Frosty's Winter Wonderland, 'Twas the Night Before Christmas, The Little Drummer Boy, The Little Drummer Boy Book II, Nestor the Long-Eared Christmas Donkey, Pinocchio's Christmas, Phineas and Ferb Christmas Vacation, Santa Claus Is Comin' to Town, and Mickey's Christmas Special. Holiday episodes of sitcoms like The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air (Saturday, Dec. 3 at 1:30am), Boy Meets World (Saturday, Dec. 10 at 7am), and Full House (Friday, Dec. 23 7-8am) are also included in the 25 Days of Christmas banner.
Other ABC Family December 2011 highlights includes the ABC Family premiere of the Will Ferrell movie Elf on Wednesday, Dec. 28 at 9pm. Too bad that isn't part of the actual 25 Days schedule!
View the FULL 2011 ABC Family 25 Days of Christmas schedule.
Fox has beefed up its Bob's Burgers slate, adding nine additional episodes for a total of 22 episodes. All-new episodes return this Spring on Fox. Fox's Animation Domination plate just got meatier with the order of an additional nine new episodes ofanimated comedy Bob's Burgers.
Set to return in midseason, Bob (the voice of H. Jon Benjamin) and the family test-drive the food truck industry, dive into the world of synchronized swimming, search for treasure in an abandoned taffy factory and get tied up with a very needy bank robber. Guest voices include Kevin Kline as Bob's eccentric landlord Mr. Fischoeder; Sarah and Laura Silverman as Jimmy Pesto's inseparable twin sons Ollie and Andy; and Megan Mullally as Tabitha Johnson, a passionate singer who makes love to her piano and sings sexy songs about the environment and her anatomy.
Fox announced when it returns in the spring it will air Sundays at 9:30pm following Family Guy, so maybe that will help its ratings, as the series didn't set the ratings on fire last winter in its first season. Stay with us for a premiere date as soon as we hear what it is!
New on DVD/Blu-ray (October/November/December)
10/07 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - Classic Christmas Episodes
10/07 - The Flying Nun - The Complete First and Second Seasons (Mill Creek)
10/07 - The Middle - The Complete Fifth Season (Warner Archive)
10/07 - The Office - The Complete Series
10/07 - The Wonders Years - Season One
10/10 - The Wonder Years - The Complete Series - TARGET="_blank">Read Our Review / The Signature Edition / Seasons 1-3
10/14 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Third Season
10/14 - Two and a Half Men - The Complete Eleventh Season
10/21 - Married with Children - Seasons 5 and 6 (Mill Crek)
10/21 - The Soul Man - The Complete Second Season
10/21 - Square Pegs - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
10/28 - WKRP in Cincinnati - The Complete Series
11/04 - Hot in Cleveland - Season Five
11/04 - Napoleon Dynamite - The Complete Animated Series
11/04 - Sgt. Bilko (The Phil Silvers Show) - The Complete Series
11/11 - Dads - The Complete Series
11/11 - Family Ties - The Complete Series
11/11 - My Favorite Martian - Best of Collection
11/11 - Taxi - The Complete Series
11/11 - Wings - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
11/18 - King of the Hill - The Complete Seventh Season / The Complete Eighth Season
11/25 - Better Off Ted - The Complete Second Season
12/02 - Happy Days - The Sixth Season
12/09 - Barney Miller - The Complete Sixth Season
12/09 - The Jeffersons - The Complete Series
12/09 - Mister Ed - The Complete Series
12/09 - Mork & Mindy - The Fourth Season / The Complete Series
12/16 - The Many Loves of Dobie Gillis - The Final (Fourth) Season
12/23 - My Favorite Martian - Season Two - Collector's Edition
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Monday, October 20
The Big Bang Theory - "The Expedition Approximation" (CBS, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Sheldon and Raj test whether they could survive a dark-matter research expedition in a salt mine by simulating the conditions in a steam tunnel. Meanwhile, Leonard and Penny seek advice from Wolowitz and Bernadette after they fight about money.
The Millers - "Movin' Out (Carol's Song) (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Carol begins her search for a new apartment, causing Nathan and Debbie to race each other to find her a place that is the farthest away from each of them. During the course of her house-hunting, Carol meets and develops an instant bond with Kip Finkle, her new best friend. Emmy Award winner Sean Hayes joins the cast as Kip Finkle.
American Dad - "Blonde Ambition" (TBS, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Hayley decides she might get more attention if she becomes a blonde, while Steve and Stan search for a new home for the Smiths.
When her efforts to save the planet prove hopeless, Hayley decides that she might get more attention if she becomes a blonde. Meanwhile, Stan and Steve go on a mission to find a new home for the Smiths.
Monday, October 20
- Jason Segel (How I Met Your Mother) - Watch Jason on a repeat of The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Steve Harvey (The Steve Harvey Show) - Steve appears on a repeat of The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Casey Wilson (Marry Me/Happy Endings) - Casey stops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Jim Rash (Community) - Jim visits The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:37am on CBS.
- Connie Britton (Spin City/The Fighting Fitzgeralds) - Connie is a guest on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Tori Spelling (Mystery Girls) - Tori stops by LIVE! with Kelly and Michael, so check your listings. She also discusses her show True Tori on NBC's Today in the 10am hour. She can be heard on the Howard Stern Show on SiriusXM channel 100.
- Lena Dunham (Girls) - Lena chats on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check listings.
- Tom Lennon (Reno 911!/Sean Saves the World) - Tom is a guest on a repeat of @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Melissa McCarthy (Mike & Molly) - Melissa appears NBC's Today in the 9am hour. She will also be on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check listings.
- The Cast of The Wonder Years - Danica McKellar, Fred Savage and Josh Saviano reunite on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am.
- Kirk Cameron (Growing Pains/Kirk) - Kirk talks about bringing faith and family back to the holidays in his new film Kirk Cameron's Saving Christmas on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Jim Gaffigan (My Boys/Welcome to New York) - Jim talks about his book (Food: A Lovey Story) on NBC's Today in the 9am hour.
- Clark Gregg (The New Adventures of Old Christine) - Clark chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT. He will also be on HuffPost Live at 12:30pm. He can be heard on Morning Mash-Up on SiriusXM Hits 1 channel 2 at at 9:45am.
- Scott Foley (The Goodwin Games/A.U.S.A.) - Scott chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Michael Rapaport (The War at Home) - Michael is a guest on HuffPost Live at 2:30pm.
- Jonathan Kite (2 Broke Girls) - Jonathan talks about 2 Broke Girls on Arise TV at 7pm on Centric.
- Katey Sagal (Marry Me/8 Simple Rules/Married with Children) - Katey appears on The Queen Latifah Show on your local station or at 2am on BET.
- Billy Gardell (Mike & Molly) - Mike will be on PIX11 Morning News on WPIX in New York at 8:50am.