Wednesday, November 02, 2011
We gave you ABC Family's Countdown to 25 Days of Christmas (Nov. 20-30) schedule, now it's time to give you the actual 25 Days of Christmas (Dec. 1-25) schedule for 2011! The 25 days of holiday programming starts on Thursday, December 1 at 6pm with the holiday classic Mickey's Christmas Carol followed by the Disney favorite Winnie the Pooh and Christmas Too! The night continues with Tim Allen in the original The Santa Clause movie followed by an immediate encore. The next night will be a Dr. Seuss night with four animated half-hour specials (Dr. Seuss on the Loose, Dr. Seuss' The Lorax, Dr. Seuss' The Cat in the Hat and Dr. Seuss' The Grinch Grinches The Cat in the Hat) and the Jim Carey movie Dr. Seuss' How the Grinch Stole Christmas. Saturday, Dec. 3 has a Harry Potter full-day event from 7am-12am with the first five films and the next day we get an encore of films 2-5 leading into the basic cable premiere of Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince.
Moving on to Wednesday, December 7, it is the TV premiere of the half-hour Pink Panther special A Very Pink Christmas at 6pm and later in the night ABC Family has its premiere of the film National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation. Moving on to On Sunday, December 11, ABC Family premieres the ABC Family original movie 12 Dates of Christmas at 8pm starring Amy Smart and Mark-Paul Gosselar. Tuesday, December 13 sees the ABC Family premieres of two specials: Merry Madagascar at 6pm and Kung Fu Panda Holiday Special at 6:30pm, as they come from NBC. It looks like ABC will also air these this holiday season, just like how they acquired the Halloween special Scared Shrekless from NBC. We will have more on ABC and the other networks on our annual network holiday specials blog, so stay tuned!
Starting Thursday, December 15, ABC Family has its premiere of the classic animated special A Chipmunk Christmas at 6pm. Alvinnnnnnnn! On Friday, December 17, 2011, it is the ABC Family premiere of Disney•Pixar's Up at 9pm. On Monday, December 19 at 1:30pm, ABC Family has its premiere of the 1998 film I'll Be Home for Christmas. On Wednesday, December 21, ABC Family will premiere the new Disney Prep & Landing special: Naughty or Nice at 7:30pm, which will debut on ABC this holiday season. The original Disney Prep & Landing special will air before it at 7pm. And the last premiere is the holiday movie Secret Santa on Thursday, December 22 at 11am.
Among the movies I didn't mention airing include Jack Frost (1979), Jack Frost (1998), Home Alone 2: Lost in New York, The Santa Clause 3: The Escape Clause, Snow, Snow 2: Brain Freeze, Santa Baby, Santa Baby 2 Christmas Maybe, Holiday in Handcuffs, Christmas Cupid, Disney-Pixar's Finding Nemo, Disney-Pixar's The Incredibles, Richie Rich's Christmas Wish, Christmas List, Ernest Saves Christmas, Christmas Do-Over, and The Polar Express. And among the specials I didn't mention include A Flintstone Christmas, Cranberry Christmas, Rudolph's Shiny New Year, Rudolph & Frosty's Christmas in July, The Year Without a Santa Claus, A Miser Brothers' Christmas, Frosty's Winter Wonderland, 'Twas the Night Before Christmas, The Little Drummer Boy, The Little Drummer Boy Book II, Nestor the Long-Eared Christmas Donkey, Pinocchio's Christmas, Phineas and Ferb Christmas Vacation, Santa Claus Is Comin' to Town, and Mickey's Christmas Special. Holiday episodes of sitcoms like The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air (Saturday, Dec. 3 at 1:30am), Boy Meets World (Saturday, Dec. 10 at 7am), and Full House (Friday, Dec. 23 7-8am) are also included in the 25 Days of Christmas banner.
Other ABC Family December 2011 highlights includes the ABC Family premiere of the Will Ferrell movie Elf on Wednesday, Dec. 28 at 9pm. Too bad that isn't part of the actual 25 Days schedule!
View the FULL 2011 ABC Family 25 Days of Christmas schedule.
Fox has beefed up its Bob's Burgers slate, adding nine additional episodes for a total of 22 episodes. All-new episodes return this Spring on Fox. Fox's Animation Domination plate just got meatier with the order of an additional nine new episodes ofanimated comedy Bob's Burgers.
Set to return in midseason, Bob (the voice of H. Jon Benjamin) and the family test-drive the food truck industry, dive into the world of synchronized swimming, search for treasure in an abandoned taffy factory and get tied up with a very needy bank robber. Guest voices include Kevin Kline as Bob's eccentric landlord Mr. Fischoeder; Sarah and Laura Silverman as Jimmy Pesto's inseparable twin sons Ollie and Andy; and Megan Mullally as Tabitha Johnson, a passionate singer who makes love to her piano and sings sexy songs about the environment and her anatomy.
Fox announced when it returns in the spring it will air Sundays at 9:30pm following Family Guy, so maybe that will help its ratings, as the series didn't set the ratings on fire last winter in its first season. Stay with us for a premiere date as soon as we hear what it is!
New on DVD/Blu-ray (May)
05/03 - Mad About You - The Complete Series
05/03 - The Jim Gaffigan Show - Season One
05/10 - Newhart - The Complete Fifth Season
05/17 - Angie Tribeca - The Complete First Season
05/17 - The Facts of Life - The Final (Ninth) Season
05/24 - The Wonder Years - Season Five
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Tuesday, May 24
Fresh Off the Boat - "Bring the Pain" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Louis’ estranged brother, Gene (Ken Jeong), comes to visit, and he has big news to share with the family. And Eddie tries to find creative ways to watch the latest Chris Rock age-inappropriate stand-up comedy special despite his parents’ and brothers’ disapproval.
The Real O'Neals - "The Real Prom" (ABC, 8:30PM ET/PT)
As the school prom approaches, Kenny tries to think of who the best guy would be to ask as his date. With time running out, Kenny and Jimmy try to come up with the perfect “prom-posal” for the classmates they each have set their sights on. Shannon thinks the idea behind prom is a scam and would rather stay at home, but once Pat discovers she was asked to attend, he tries to convince her to go. Meanwhile, Eileen tries to keep VP Murray’s romantic attention at bay but struggles to resist.
Tuesday, May 24
- Dave Franco (Scrubs/Do Not Disturb) - Catch Dave on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Demi Lovato (Sonny with a Chance) - Demi is a guest on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Sean Hayes (The Millers/Sean Saves the World/Will & Grace) - Sean appears on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. He will also be on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Brooklyn Decker (Grace and Frankie/Friends with Better Lives) - Brooklyn is a guest on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. She will also be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Fozzie Bear (The Muppets) - Fozzie Bear appears on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- John Hodgman (Married) - John is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Kristen Schaal (The Last Man on Earth/Bob's Burgers/30 Rock) - Kristen appears on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Eugene and Dan Levy (Schitt's Creek) - Eugene and Dan are guests on Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Laura Linney (The Big C) - Laura stops by Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Fred Savage (The Grinder/Working/The Wonder Years) - Fred guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- NeNe Leakes (The New Normal) - Meredith's favorite reality stars are featured on The Meredith Vieira Show, so check your local listings.
- June Diane Raphael (Grace and Frankie/Players) - June is a guest on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- G Hannelius (Dog with a Blog/Good Luck Charlie) - G discusses her role in History Channel's adaption of Roots on the AOL Build Show at 11am.
- Kevin Hart (The Big House/Undeclared) - Kevin dishes on his new movie Central Intelligence on People Now at 8:30am.
- Will Arnett (Arrested Development/The Millers/Up All Night) - Will talks about Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am. He also chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.