Wednesday, November 02, 2011
We gave you ABC Family's Countdown to 25 Days of Christmas (Nov. 20-30) schedule, now it's time to give you the actual 25 Days of Christmas (Dec. 1-25) schedule for 2011! The 25 days of holiday programming starts on Thursday, December 1 at 6pm with the holiday classic Mickey's Christmas Carol followed by the Disney favorite Winnie the Pooh and Christmas Too! The night continues with Tim Allen in the original The Santa Clause movie followed by an immediate encore. The next night will be a Dr. Seuss night with four animated half-hour specials (Dr. Seuss on the Loose, Dr. Seuss' The Lorax, Dr. Seuss' The Cat in the Hat and Dr. Seuss' The Grinch Grinches The Cat in the Hat) and the Jim Carey movie Dr. Seuss' How the Grinch Stole Christmas. Saturday, Dec. 3 has a Harry Potter full-day event from 7am-12am with the first five films and the next day we get an encore of films 2-5 leading into the basic cable premiere of Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince.
Moving on to Wednesday, December 7, it is the TV premiere of the half-hour Pink Panther special A Very Pink Christmas at 6pm and later in the night ABC Family has its premiere of the film National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation. Moving on to On Sunday, December 11, ABC Family premieres the ABC Family original movie 12 Dates of Christmas at 8pm starring Amy Smart and Mark-Paul Gosselar. Tuesday, December 13 sees the ABC Family premieres of two specials: Merry Madagascar at 6pm and Kung Fu Panda Holiday Special at 6:30pm, as they come from NBC. It looks like ABC will also air these this holiday season, just like how they acquired the Halloween special Scared Shrekless from NBC. We will have more on ABC and the other networks on our annual network holiday specials blog, so stay tuned!
Starting Thursday, December 15, ABC Family has its premiere of the classic animated special A Chipmunk Christmas at 6pm. Alvinnnnnnnn! On Friday, December 17, 2011, it is the ABC Family premiere of Disney•Pixar's Up at 9pm. On Monday, December 19 at 1:30pm, ABC Family has its premiere of the 1998 film I'll Be Home for Christmas. On Wednesday, December 21, ABC Family will premiere the new Disney Prep & Landing special: Naughty or Nice at 7:30pm, which will debut on ABC this holiday season. The original Disney Prep & Landing special will air before it at 7pm. And the last premiere is the holiday movie Secret Santa on Thursday, December 22 at 11am.
Among the movies I didn't mention airing include Jack Frost (1979), Jack Frost (1998), Home Alone 2: Lost in New York, The Santa Clause 3: The Escape Clause, Snow, Snow 2: Brain Freeze, Santa Baby, Santa Baby 2 Christmas Maybe, Holiday in Handcuffs, Christmas Cupid, Disney-Pixar's Finding Nemo, Disney-Pixar's The Incredibles, Richie Rich's Christmas Wish, Christmas List, Ernest Saves Christmas, Christmas Do-Over, and The Polar Express. And among the specials I didn't mention include A Flintstone Christmas, Cranberry Christmas, Rudolph's Shiny New Year, Rudolph & Frosty's Christmas in July, The Year Without a Santa Claus, A Miser Brothers' Christmas, Frosty's Winter Wonderland, 'Twas the Night Before Christmas, The Little Drummer Boy, The Little Drummer Boy Book II, Nestor the Long-Eared Christmas Donkey, Pinocchio's Christmas, Phineas and Ferb Christmas Vacation, Santa Claus Is Comin' to Town, and Mickey's Christmas Special. Holiday episodes of sitcoms like The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air (Saturday, Dec. 3 at 1:30am), Boy Meets World (Saturday, Dec. 10 at 7am), and Full House (Friday, Dec. 23 7-8am) are also included in the 25 Days of Christmas banner.
Other ABC Family December 2011 highlights includes the ABC Family premiere of the Will Ferrell movie Elf on Wednesday, Dec. 28 at 9pm. Too bad that isn't part of the actual 25 Days schedule!
View the FULL 2011 ABC Family 25 Days of Christmas schedule.
Fox has beefed up its Bob's Burgers slate, adding nine additional episodes for a total of 22 episodes. All-new episodes return this Spring on Fox. Fox's Animation Domination plate just got meatier with the order of an additional nine new episodes ofanimated comedy Bob's Burgers.
Set to return in midseason, Bob (the voice of H. Jon Benjamin) and the family test-drive the food truck industry, dive into the world of synchronized swimming, search for treasure in an abandoned taffy factory and get tied up with a very needy bank robber. Guest voices include Kevin Kline as Bob's eccentric landlord Mr. Fischoeder; Sarah and Laura Silverman as Jimmy Pesto's inseparable twin sons Ollie and Andy; and Megan Mullally as Tabitha Johnson, a passionate singer who makes love to her piano and sings sexy songs about the environment and her anatomy.
Fox announced when it returns in the spring it will air Sundays at 9:30pm following Family Guy, so maybe that will help its ratings, as the series didn't set the ratings on fire last winter in its first season. Stay with us for a premiere date as soon as we hear what it is!
New on DVD/Blu-ray (October/November)
10/04 - The Andy Griffith Show - The Christmas Special (Colorized)
10/04 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #1 (Colorized)
10/11 - Dr. Ken - Season One
10/11 - Mike & Molly - The Complete Sixth and Final Season
10/11 - Mike & Molly - The Complete Series
10/11 - Nurse Jackie - Seasons One and Two
10/11 - Weeds - Seasons One and Two
11/01 - Schitt's Creek - Seasons One and Two
11/08 - Family Matters - The Complete Ninth Season
11/08 - Your Family or Mine - Season One
11/15 - Community - The Complete Series
11/15 - The Lucy Show - The Complete Series
11/15 - The Mindy Project - Season Four
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Saturday, December 3
Henry Danger - "Dodging Danger" (Nickelodeon, 8:00PM ET/PT)
When Henry uses his new super power to compete in a Dodge-A-Leen tournament, Ray, Schwoz, and Charlotte go undercover to teach Henry a lesson.
Monday, December 5
- Will Smith (The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air) - Watch Will on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Steve Harvey (The Steve Harvey Show) - Steve visits The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC. He will also be on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am. He chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Jason Bateman (Arrested Development/The Hogan Family/It's Your Move) - Jason visits The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. He will also be on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am and on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Gael García Bernal (Mozart in the Jungle) - Gael is a guest on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Steve Agee (The Sarah Silverman Program) - Steve appears on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- The Cast of Fuller House - The cast of Fuller House are guests on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Patricia Heaton (The Middle/Back to You/Everybody Loves Raymond) - Patricia stops by Harry, so check your local listings.
- Miss Piggy (The Muppets) - Miss Piggy and Harry perform Deck the Halls on Harry, so check your local listings.
- Meredith Hagner (Search Party/Men at Work) - Meredith is a guest on Harry, so check your local listings.
- Lauren Graham (The Odd Couple/Conrad Bloom/Townies) - Lauren appears on Rachael Ray, so check your local listings.
- T.J. Miller (Silicon Valley/The Goodwin Games/Carpoolers) - T.J. talks about Office Christmas Party on the AOL Build Show at 3pm. He will be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET. He can also be heard on The Morning Mash Up on SiriusXM at 9:50am.
- Bradley Whitford (Happyish/Trophy Wife) - Bradley is a guest on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Josh McDermitt (Retired at 35) - Josh can be heard on The Morning Mash Up on SiriusXM at 10:45am.
- Erinn Hayes (Kevin Can Wait/Guys with Kids/Worst Week) - Erinn talks about Kevin Can Wait on the AOL Build Show at 4pm.