Wednesday, November 02, 2011
We gave you ABC Family's Countdown to 25 Days of Christmas (Nov. 20-30) schedule, now it's time to give you the actual 25 Days of Christmas (Dec. 1-25) schedule for 2011! The 25 days of holiday programming starts on Thursday, December 1 at 6pm with the holiday classic Mickey's Christmas Carol followed by the Disney favorite Winnie the Pooh and Christmas Too! The night continues with Tim Allen in the original The Santa Clause movie followed by an immediate encore. The next night will be a Dr. Seuss night with four animated half-hour specials (Dr. Seuss on the Loose, Dr. Seuss' The Lorax, Dr. Seuss' The Cat in the Hat and Dr. Seuss' The Grinch Grinches The Cat in the Hat) and the Jim Carey movie Dr. Seuss' How the Grinch Stole Christmas. Saturday, Dec. 3 has a Harry Potter full-day event from 7am-12am with the first five films and the next day we get an encore of films 2-5 leading into the basic cable premiere of Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince.
Moving on to Wednesday, December 7, it is the TV premiere of the half-hour Pink Panther special A Very Pink Christmas at 6pm and later in the night ABC Family has its premiere of the film National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation. Moving on to On Sunday, December 11, ABC Family premieres the ABC Family original movie 12 Dates of Christmas at 8pm starring Amy Smart and Mark-Paul Gosselar. Tuesday, December 13 sees the ABC Family premieres of two specials: Merry Madagascar at 6pm and Kung Fu Panda Holiday Special at 6:30pm, as they come from NBC. It looks like ABC will also air these this holiday season, just like how they acquired the Halloween special Scared Shrekless from NBC. We will have more on ABC and the other networks on our annual network holiday specials blog, so stay tuned!
Starting Thursday, December 15, ABC Family has its premiere of the classic animated special A Chipmunk Christmas at 6pm. Alvinnnnnnnn! On Friday, December 17, 2011, it is the ABC Family premiere of Disney•Pixar's Up at 9pm. On Monday, December 19 at 1:30pm, ABC Family has its premiere of the 1998 film I'll Be Home for Christmas. On Wednesday, December 21, ABC Family will premiere the new Disney Prep & Landing special: Naughty or Nice at 7:30pm, which will debut on ABC this holiday season. The original Disney Prep & Landing special will air before it at 7pm. And the last premiere is the holiday movie Secret Santa on Thursday, December 22 at 11am.
Among the movies I didn't mention airing include Jack Frost (1979), Jack Frost (1998), Home Alone 2: Lost in New York, The Santa Clause 3: The Escape Clause, Snow, Snow 2: Brain Freeze, Santa Baby, Santa Baby 2 Christmas Maybe, Holiday in Handcuffs, Christmas Cupid, Disney-Pixar's Finding Nemo, Disney-Pixar's The Incredibles, Richie Rich's Christmas Wish, Christmas List, Ernest Saves Christmas, Christmas Do-Over, and The Polar Express. And among the specials I didn't mention include A Flintstone Christmas, Cranberry Christmas, Rudolph's Shiny New Year, Rudolph & Frosty's Christmas in July, The Year Without a Santa Claus, A Miser Brothers' Christmas, Frosty's Winter Wonderland, 'Twas the Night Before Christmas, The Little Drummer Boy, The Little Drummer Boy Book II, Nestor the Long-Eared Christmas Donkey, Pinocchio's Christmas, Phineas and Ferb Christmas Vacation, Santa Claus Is Comin' to Town, and Mickey's Christmas Special. Holiday episodes of sitcoms like The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air (Saturday, Dec. 3 at 1:30am), Boy Meets World (Saturday, Dec. 10 at 7am), and Full House (Friday, Dec. 23 7-8am) are also included in the 25 Days of Christmas banner.
Other ABC Family December 2011 highlights includes the ABC Family premiere of the Will Ferrell movie Elf on Wednesday, Dec. 28 at 9pm. Too bad that isn't part of the actual 25 Days schedule!
View the FULL 2011 ABC Family 25 Days of Christmas schedule.
Fox has beefed up its Bob's Burgers slate, adding nine additional episodes for a total of 22 episodes. All-new episodes return this Spring on Fox. Fox's Animation Domination plate just got meatier with the order of an additional nine new episodes ofanimated comedy Bob's Burgers.
Set to return in midseason, Bob (the voice of H. Jon Benjamin) and the family test-drive the food truck industry, dive into the world of synchronized swimming, search for treasure in an abandoned taffy factory and get tied up with a very needy bank robber. Guest voices include Kevin Kline as Bob's eccentric landlord Mr. Fischoeder; Sarah and Laura Silverman as Jimmy Pesto's inseparable twin sons Ollie and Andy; and Megan Mullally as Tabitha Johnson, a passionate singer who makes love to her piano and sings sexy songs about the environment and her anatomy.
Fox announced when it returns in the spring it will air Sundays at 9:30pm following Family Guy, so maybe that will help its ratings, as the series didn't set the ratings on fire last winter in its first season. Stay with us for a premiere date as soon as we hear what it is!
New on DVD/Blu-ray (September)
09/06 - Coach - Season One (Mill Creek) / Season Two / Seasons One and Two
09/06 - South Park - The Complete Ninteenth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Ninth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - Newhart - The Complete Sixth Season
09/20 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Fifth Season
09/20 - Family Matters - The Complete Eighth Season
09/20 - Modern Family - The Complete Season 7
09/20 - Veep - Season 5
09/27 - The Wonder Years - Season Six
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Saturday, October 22
Superstore - "Guns, Pills and Birds" (NBC, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
When Amy (America Ferrera) assigns an uncomfortable Jonah (Ben Feldman) to the gun section of Cloud 9, Jonah abuses his right-to-refuse sale to anyone that causes concern, causing an open-carry protest to gather in the store. On principle, Glenn (Mark McKinney) attempts to purchase all of the store's morning-after pills, but finds himself in a moral dilemma when he can't afford them. Dina (Lauren Ash), Garrett (Colton Dunn) and Mateo (Nico Santos) hunt down a crow that has flown into the store.
The Thundermans - "Happy Heroween" (Nickelodeon, 8:00PM ET/PT)
It's a major Halloween storm outside, but inside Colosso keeps the family spooked by telling three scary stories that are sure to terrify even the bravest of superheroes.
School of Rock - "Welcome to My Nightmare" (Nickelodeon, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Mr. Finn's class decides to celebrate Halloween in school after Principal Mullins, who hates the holiday, goes home sick. When she returns sooner than expected, they have to scramble to keep her from finding out the truth.
Saturday, October 22
- Jim J. Bullock (Too Close for Comfort) - Jim talks about touring the U.S. in Kinky Boots on Oprah: Where Are They Now? at 10pm ET/PT on OWN.
- Patti LaBelle (Out All Night) - Catch Patti on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Ricky Gervais (The Office) - Watch Ricky on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Tom Hanks (Bosom Buddies) - Tom appears on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. He also talks about Inferno on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am and on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Elijah Wood (Wilfred) - Elijah is a guest on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Ana Gasteyer (People of Earth/Lady Dynamite/Suburgatory) - Ana visits Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Nick Offerman (Parks and Recreation) - Nick stops by The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Ron Howard (Happy Days/The Andy Griffith Show) - Ron appears on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Zooey Deschanel (New Girl) - Zooey is a guest on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Michael Chiklis (Daddio) - Michael drops by Harry, so check your local listings.
- Jameela Jamil (The Good Place) - Jameela appears on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Aya Cash (You're the Worst) - Aya talks about You're the Worst on the AOL Build ShoW at 2pm. She will also be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Will Forte (The Last Man on Earth) - Will is a guest on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am.
- Mary Steenburgen (The Last Man on Earth/Ink) - Mary talks about The Last Man on Earth on NBC's Today in the 10am hour. She will also be on the AOL Build Show at 12:30pm.
- Anna Camp (The Mindy Project) - Anna talks about Good Girls Revolt on People Now at 8:30am.
- James Brolin (Life in Pieces) - James is a guest on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.