Wednesday, November 02, 2011
We gave you ABC Family's Countdown to 25 Days of Christmas (Nov. 20-30) schedule, now it's time to give you the actual 25 Days of Christmas (Dec. 1-25) schedule for 2011! The 25 days of holiday programming starts on Thursday, December 1 at 6pm with the holiday classic Mickey's Christmas Carol followed by the Disney favorite Winnie the Pooh and Christmas Too! The night continues with Tim Allen in the original The Santa Clause movie followed by an immediate encore. The next night will be a Dr. Seuss night with four animated half-hour specials (Dr. Seuss on the Loose, Dr. Seuss' The Lorax, Dr. Seuss' The Cat in the Hat and Dr. Seuss' The Grinch Grinches The Cat in the Hat) and the Jim Carey movie Dr. Seuss' How the Grinch Stole Christmas. Saturday, Dec. 3 has a Harry Potter full-day event from 7am-12am with the first five films and the next day we get an encore of films 2-5 leading into the basic cable premiere of Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince.
Moving on to Wednesday, December 7, it is the TV premiere of the half-hour Pink Panther special A Very Pink Christmas at 6pm and later in the night ABC Family has its premiere of the film National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation. Moving on to On Sunday, December 11, ABC Family premieres the ABC Family original movie 12 Dates of Christmas at 8pm starring Amy Smart and Mark-Paul Gosselar. Tuesday, December 13 sees the ABC Family premieres of two specials: Merry Madagascar at 6pm and Kung Fu Panda Holiday Special at 6:30pm, as they come from NBC. It looks like ABC will also air these this holiday season, just like how they acquired the Halloween special Scared Shrekless from NBC. We will have more on ABC and the other networks on our annual network holiday specials blog, so stay tuned!
Starting Thursday, December 15, ABC Family has its premiere of the classic animated special A Chipmunk Christmas at 6pm. Alvinnnnnnnn! On Friday, December 17, 2011, it is the ABC Family premiere of Disney•Pixar's Up at 9pm. On Monday, December 19 at 1:30pm, ABC Family has its premiere of the 1998 film I'll Be Home for Christmas. On Wednesday, December 21, ABC Family will premiere the new Disney Prep & Landing special: Naughty or Nice at 7:30pm, which will debut on ABC this holiday season. The original Disney Prep & Landing special will air before it at 7pm. And the last premiere is the holiday movie Secret Santa on Thursday, December 22 at 11am.
Among the movies I didn't mention airing include Jack Frost (1979), Jack Frost (1998), Home Alone 2: Lost in New York, The Santa Clause 3: The Escape Clause, Snow, Snow 2: Brain Freeze, Santa Baby, Santa Baby 2 Christmas Maybe, Holiday in Handcuffs, Christmas Cupid, Disney-Pixar's Finding Nemo, Disney-Pixar's The Incredibles, Richie Rich's Christmas Wish, Christmas List, Ernest Saves Christmas, Christmas Do-Over, and The Polar Express. And among the specials I didn't mention include A Flintstone Christmas, Cranberry Christmas, Rudolph's Shiny New Year, Rudolph & Frosty's Christmas in July, The Year Without a Santa Claus, A Miser Brothers' Christmas, Frosty's Winter Wonderland, 'Twas the Night Before Christmas, The Little Drummer Boy, The Little Drummer Boy Book II, Nestor the Long-Eared Christmas Donkey, Pinocchio's Christmas, Phineas and Ferb Christmas Vacation, Santa Claus Is Comin' to Town, and Mickey's Christmas Special. Holiday episodes of sitcoms like The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air (Saturday, Dec. 3 at 1:30am), Boy Meets World (Saturday, Dec. 10 at 7am), and Full House (Friday, Dec. 23 7-8am) are also included in the 25 Days of Christmas banner.
Other ABC Family December 2011 highlights includes the ABC Family premiere of the Will Ferrell movie Elf on Wednesday, Dec. 28 at 9pm. Too bad that isn't part of the actual 25 Days schedule!
View the FULL 2011 ABC Family 25 Days of Christmas schedule.
Fox has beefed up its Bob's Burgers slate, adding nine additional episodes for a total of 22 episodes. All-new episodes return this Spring on Fox. Fox's Animation Domination plate just got meatier with the order of an additional nine new episodes ofanimated comedy Bob's Burgers.
Set to return in midseason, Bob (the voice of H. Jon Benjamin) and the family test-drive the food truck industry, dive into the world of synchronized swimming, search for treasure in an abandoned taffy factory and get tied up with a very needy bank robber. Guest voices include Kevin Kline as Bob's eccentric landlord Mr. Fischoeder; Sarah and Laura Silverman as Jimmy Pesto's inseparable twin sons Ollie and Andy; and Megan Mullally as Tabitha Johnson, a passionate singer who makes love to her piano and sings sexy songs about the environment and her anatomy.
Fox announced when it returns in the spring it will air Sundays at 9:30pm following Family Guy, so maybe that will help its ratings, as the series didn't set the ratings on fire last winter in its first season. Stay with us for a premiere date as soon as we hear what it is!
New on DVD/Blu-ray (March)
03/03 - CHiPs - The Complete Third Season
03/10 - Gomer Pyle, U.S.M.C. - The Complete Series
03/10 - Hey Dude - The Complete Series (Walmart Exclusive)
03/10 - Petticoat Junction - Family Favorite Episodes
03/17 - Bewitched - Season 5 (Mill Creek)
03/17 - Bewitched - Season 6 (Mill Creek)
03/17 - Bewitched - Seasons 5 & 6 (Mill Creek)
03/17 - Maude - The Complete Series (Shout! Factory)
03/17 - WKRP in Cincinnati - The Complete First Season (Shout! Factory)
03/17 - WKRP in Cincinnati - The Complete Second Season (Shout! Factory)
03/24 - The Donna Reed Show - Season 2 (MPI Home Video)
03/31 - Silicon Valley - Season 1 (Blu-ray)
03/31 - Veep - The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Tuesday, March 3
Fresh Off the Boat - "Showdown at the Golden Saddle" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Things are looking up for the Huangs when Louis gets the restaurant a billboard in a prime spot in Orlando. They even get an invite to the country club. But when someone repeatedly vandalizes the billboard, they’re left wondering why. Eddie works hard to get the attention of the girl he’s crushing on (Luna Blaise as Nicole), but it doesn’t help matters when his mom hires her to babysit him.
New Girl - "Walk of Shame" (Fox, 9:00PM ET/PT)
After a night of partying at Bearclaw’s (guest star Josh Gad), Jess and Cece make their way back to the loft and run into a familiar face. Meanwhile, Coach worries about bringing Nick and Winston around his sophisticated new girlfriend, May (guest star Meaghan Rath).
The Mindy Project - "Fertility Bites" (Fox, 9:30PM ET/PT)
Mindy’s fertility clinic opens. But with zero track record in the fertility field, attracting new patients is tougher than she imagined. Meanwhile, at Shulman & Associates, the nurses try to raise money for obese nurses while trying to get to know Dr. Bergdahl.
Cougar Town - "Two Men Talking" TBS, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Fearing that her dad, Chick, is lonely, Jules tries to set him up with Grayson as a best friend. Laurie helps Andy fit in with a cool mom group and Travis and Ellie open up to each other in the Winebulance.
Sirens - "Let Pytons Be Pythons" (USA Network, 10:00PM ET/PT)
A car crash at a firehouse releases an unusual passenger; Billy accompanies Theresa and Maeve to a sample sale.
Tuesday, March 3
- Tom Hanks (Bosom Buddies) - Catch Tom on a repeat of The Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Bridgit Mendler (Undateable/Good Luck Charlie/Wizards of Waverly Place) - Bridgit is a guest on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Drew Carey (The Drew Carey Show/The Good Life) - Drew guest co-hosts The Late Late Show at 12:37am on CBS.
- Angela Kinsey (The Hotwives of Orlando/The Office) - Angela appears on The Late Late Show at 12:37am on CBS.
- Anne Heche (Save Me/The Michael J. Fox Show) - Anne visits Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- J.B. Smoove (The Millers/'Til Death/Curb Your Enthusiasm) - J.B. talks about the new season of Four Courses with J.B. Smoove and MSG's Garden of Laughs comedy show on a repeat of The Wendy Williams Show at 12am on BET or on your local stations.
- Kendra C. Johnson (Tyler Perry's Love Thy Neighbor) - Kendra stops by The Real, so check your local listings.
- Cristela Alonzo (Cristela) - Cristela guest co-hosts The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Anthony Anderson (black-ish/Guys with Kids/All About the Andersons) - Anthony is a guest on Rachael Ray, so check your local listings.
- Robbie Amell (1600 Penn/True Jackson, VP/Life with Derek) - Robbie talks about The Flash and The Duff on The Better Show, so check your local listings.
- Larry David (Curb Your Enthusiasm) - Larry talks about Fish in the Dark on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am.
- Jeremy Sisto (Suburgatory) - Jeremy talks about A&E's The Returned on NBC's Today in the 10am hour. He will also be on HuffPost Live at 4:30pm.
- Forrest Wheeler and Ian Chen (Fresh Off the Boat) - Forrest and Ian talk about their new comedy series on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Ming-Na Wen (The Single Guy) - Ming-Na Wen will be on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am.
- Juliette Lewis (I Married Dora) - Juliette joins the Chew Crew on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Molly Ringwald (Townies/The Facts of Life) - Molly talks about The Breakfast Club's 30th Anniversary on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am and in the 9am hour.
- Mo'Nique (The Parkers) - Mo'Nique is a guest on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Alyssa Milano (Who's the Boss?/Romantically Challenged) - Alyssa guest co-hosts The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.