Thursday, August 25, 2011
Elsewhere on TeenNick Fall 2011, catch up on all of the excitement of Degrassi: Now or Never before they are gone for good, on Labor Day from 9am-12am leading into the new 90's block premieres! And immerse yourself in House of Anubis, the juicy soap opera filled with mystery and dark secrets weekdays at 5pm starting September 26 on TeenNick! The rest of the regular schedule will remain as it is now, with sitcoms such as Malcolm in the Middle and What I Like About You starting at 10pm leading into the '90s block.
Bounce TV, the country's first-ever over-the-air broadcast television network for African-Americans, will launch with a special presentation of The Wiz on Monday, September 26 at 12 Noon (ET). Toyota USA will be the signature sponsor of the network's inaugural on-air schedule. After kicking off the network, the popular 1978 musical starring Diana Ross, Michael Jackson and Richard Pryor will be followed by Sidney Poitier headlining the classic drama A Raisin in the Sun at 3:00 p.m. Bounce TV's first week of prime time television then begins later that evening with part one of a two night double feature of one of the most acclaimed filmmakers of our generation, Spike Lee. Bounce TV will premiere Lee's Academy Award® -nominated Do the Right Thing at 8:00 p.m. Acclaimed as one of the greatest films of our generation, Do The Right Thing stars Ossie Davis, Ruby Dee, Danny Aiello, John Turturro, Samuel L. Jackson, Lee himself and also features the theatrical film debuts of Martin Lawrence and Rosie Perez (Also 10:00 p.m.) Then on Tues. Sept. 27, Bounce TV presents School Daze, Lee's 1988 musical-drama starring Laurence Fishburne, Giancarlo Esposito, and Tisha Campbell-Martin, based in part on Lee's experiences at Atlanta's Morehouse College and Clark Atlanta University (8:00 p.m., 10:00 p.m.). On Wednesday night Sept. 28, Bounce TV presents its first football game from the Central Intercollegiate Athletic Association (CIAA), the nation's largest African American athletic conference, as the top-rated Bulldogs of Bowie St. visit rival Virginia Union. On Thursday night, Sept. 29, Bounce TV will premiere the 1998 Denzel Washington - Bruce Willis action thriller The Siege (8:00 pm, 10:30 pm) and highlights of the network's first week of prime time wraps on Friday, Sept. 30 with the 2003 action comedy The Rundown starring Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson and Seann William Scott (8:00 pm, 10:30 pm).
Bounce's first weekend on the air is highlighted by the multiple Oscar® - nominated Far From Heaven (Sat. Oct. 1, 10:00 p.m.), 2002's textured story of race, gender and class starring Dennis Haysbert, Julianne Moore (Oscar® nominee) and Dennis Quaid. Sunday night, Oct. 2, Bounce TV will premiere Denzel Washington's Academy Award®-winning performance in the civil war epic Glory (8:00 p.m.). There will be a Richard Pryor Week (Oct. 3-7): The legendary comedian stars in a six-pack of his blockbuster movies including: His classic pairings with Gene Wilder in Stir Crazy (Oct. 3), Silver Streak (Oct. 4) and Another You (Oct. 6); The Wiz (Oct. 5); Bingo Long and the Traveling All Stars (Oct. 6) and Bustin' Loose (Oct. 7). Other major stars featured on Bounce TV's initial schedule include James Earl Jones in Summer's End (Oct. 12), Cuba Gooding Jr. in Hero Wanted (Oct. 16) and Samuel L. Jackson in Caveman's Valentine (Oct. 24).
And as we mentioned, Soul Train, one of the longest-running series in television history rides again as Bounce TV showcases the most popular performers and episodes of the legendary series. Bounce TV's web site (http://bouncetv.com) will have complete programming schedule and local Bounce TV channel locations available beginning Sept. 1. But we already gave you the schedule earlier this month. It's just unfortunate that there are no sitcoms on the schedule, but we have hope that eventually we will get one. If they do add some, we'll let you know.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (April/May)
04/04 - Diff'rent Strokes - The Complete Fifth Season
04/11 - Father Knows Best - Season Five
04/11 - Schitt's Creek - The Complete Third Season
04/11 - Silicon Valley - The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
04/11 - Veep - The Complete Fifth Season
05/02 - Red, White and Blue Collar Sitcoms - Make TV Great Again
05/09 - ALF - The Complete DVD Collection
05/09 - Divorce - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
05/09 - The Wayans Bros. - The Complete Second Season
05/16 - The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air - The Complete Series
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Tuesday, May 23
Downward Dog - "Boundaries" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
When Nan installs an automatic dog door so she can take away Jason’s key but still keep him as Martin’s dog walker, Martin is convinced he can suddenly open doors with his mind, and the new-found power goes to his head. Meanwhile at work, Nan’s boss is unable to understand the new ad campaign Nan sold to the corporate bosses, and he spirals into confusion.
Brooklyn Nine-Nine - "The Bank Job" / "Crime & Punishment" (Fox, 8:00PM ET/PT)
As Jake and Rosa continue their search for a bank-robbing operation with Lieutenant Hawkins (guest star Gina Gershon), they realize there’s more to her team than meets the eye. After discovering a dangerous secret, they call for back-up from Holt and Pimento (guest star Jason Mantzoukas). Meanwhile, Boyle objects to Gina’s new boyfriend (guest star Ryan Phillipe). Then, Jake and Rosa are framed for a crime they didn’t commit, it’s up to the Nine-Nine to find a way to bust them out.
Great News - "Carol Has a Bully" (NBC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Carol (Andrea Martin) has a midterm she must pass in order to keep her internship. Katie (Briga Heelan) needs to choose between helping her mom and focusing on her hacking story, which she can't seem to crack. Meanwhile, Greg's (Adam Campbell) wealthy estranged grandmother (guest star Christina Pickles) pays a visit to the office. Chuck (John Michael Higgins) finds her cold and cruel, but almost immediately falls in love with her.
Great News - "Carol's Eleven" (NBC, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Katie (Briga Heelan) makes a huge discovery about the story she's been chasing and, with the help of Carol (Andrea Martin) and the rest of the staff, concocts a scheme to get the story out. Greg (Adam Campbell) struggles with balancing his conflicting loyalties to his family, co-workers and conscience.
Mann & Wife - "Mann, Shut Yo Mouth" (Bounce TV, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Struggling to solve a tough case, an exhausted Daniel falls asleep and wakes up in a 70's blaxploitation cop show.
Tuesday, May 23
- Terry Crews (Brooklyn Nine-Nine/Are We There Yet?/Everybody Hates Chris) - Catch Terry on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Rob Huebel (Trasparent/Burning Love) - Rob appears on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Al Madrigal (About a Boy/Welcome to The Captain/Gary Unmarried), Andrew Santino (I'm Dying Up Here/Sin City Saints) and Erik Griffin (I'm Dying Up Here) - Al, Andrew and Erik are guests on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Ari Graynor (I'm Dying Up Here/Bad Teacher) - Ari stops by Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Nick Kroll (The League/Cavemen) - Nick visits Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Ben Falcone (Nobodies/A to Z/Joey) - Ben drops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Abigail Breslin (Scream Queens) - Abigail appears on LIVE! with Kelly and Ryan, so check your listings.
- Mayim Bialik (The Big Bang Theory/Blossom) - Mayim talks about her new book Girling Up: How to Be Strong, Smart and Spectacular and The Big Bang Theory on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- William Shatner ($#*! My Dad Says) - William is a guest on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Kyle Chandler (What About Joan?) - Kyle teams up with Clinton Kelly to grill up a great entrée on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Nicole Byer ( Loosely Exactly Nicole) - Nicole is a guest on Steve Harvey, so check your local listings.
- The Love Boat Cast - The cast of The Love Boat reunites on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am.
- Debra Messing (Will & Grace) - Debra chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Zoe Lister-Jones (Life in Pieces/Friends with Better Lives/Whitney) - Zoe talks about her new comedy Band Aid on the AOL Build Show 1pm.
- Jamie Foxx (The Jamie Foxx Show) - Jamie talks about Beat Shazam on AOL Build Show 4pm.