Thursday, August 25, 2011
Elsewhere on TeenNick Fall 2011, catch up on all of the excitement of Degrassi: Now or Never before they are gone for good, on Labor Day from 9am-12am leading into the new 90's block premieres! And immerse yourself in House of Anubis, the juicy soap opera filled with mystery and dark secrets weekdays at 5pm starting September 26 on TeenNick! The rest of the regular schedule will remain as it is now, with sitcoms such as Malcolm in the Middle and What I Like About You starting at 10pm leading into the '90s block.
Bounce TV, the country's first-ever over-the-air broadcast television network for African-Americans, will launch with a special presentation of The Wiz on Monday, September 26 at 12 Noon (ET). Toyota USA will be the signature sponsor of the network's inaugural on-air schedule. After kicking off the network, the popular 1978 musical starring Diana Ross, Michael Jackson and Richard Pryor will be followed by Sidney Poitier headlining the classic drama A Raisin in the Sun at 3:00 p.m. Bounce TV's first week of prime time television then begins later that evening with part one of a two night double feature of one of the most acclaimed filmmakers of our generation, Spike Lee. Bounce TV will premiere Lee's Academy Award® -nominated Do the Right Thing at 8:00 p.m. Acclaimed as one of the greatest films of our generation, Do The Right Thing stars Ossie Davis, Ruby Dee, Danny Aiello, John Turturro, Samuel L. Jackson, Lee himself and also features the theatrical film debuts of Martin Lawrence and Rosie Perez (Also 10:00 p.m.) Then on Tues. Sept. 27, Bounce TV presents School Daze, Lee's 1988 musical-drama starring Laurence Fishburne, Giancarlo Esposito, and Tisha Campbell-Martin, based in part on Lee's experiences at Atlanta's Morehouse College and Clark Atlanta University (8:00 p.m., 10:00 p.m.). On Wednesday night Sept. 28, Bounce TV presents its first football game from the Central Intercollegiate Athletic Association (CIAA), the nation's largest African American athletic conference, as the top-rated Bulldogs of Bowie St. visit rival Virginia Union. On Thursday night, Sept. 29, Bounce TV will premiere the 1998 Denzel Washington - Bruce Willis action thriller The Siege (8:00 pm, 10:30 pm) and highlights of the network's first week of prime time wraps on Friday, Sept. 30 with the 2003 action comedy The Rundown starring Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson and Seann William Scott (8:00 pm, 10:30 pm).
Bounce's first weekend on the air is highlighted by the multiple Oscar® - nominated Far From Heaven (Sat. Oct. 1, 10:00 p.m.), 2002's textured story of race, gender and class starring Dennis Haysbert, Julianne Moore (Oscar® nominee) and Dennis Quaid. Sunday night, Oct. 2, Bounce TV will premiere Denzel Washington's Academy Award®-winning performance in the civil war epic Glory (8:00 p.m.). There will be a Richard Pryor Week (Oct. 3-7): The legendary comedian stars in a six-pack of his blockbuster movies including: His classic pairings with Gene Wilder in Stir Crazy (Oct. 3), Silver Streak (Oct. 4) and Another You (Oct. 6); The Wiz (Oct. 5); Bingo Long and the Traveling All Stars (Oct. 6) and Bustin' Loose (Oct. 7). Other major stars featured on Bounce TV's initial schedule include James Earl Jones in Summer's End (Oct. 12), Cuba Gooding Jr. in Hero Wanted (Oct. 16) and Samuel L. Jackson in Caveman's Valentine (Oct. 24).
And as we mentioned, Soul Train, one of the longest-running series in television history rides again as Bounce TV showcases the most popular performers and episodes of the legendary series. Bounce TV's web site (http://bouncetv.com) will have complete programming schedule and local Bounce TV channel locations available beginning Sept. 1. But we already gave you the schedule earlier this month. It's just unfortunate that there are no sitcoms on the schedule, but we have hope that eventually we will get one. If they do add some, we'll let you know.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (September)
09/06 - Coach - Season One (Mill Creek) / Season Two / Seasons One and Two
09/06 - South Park - The Complete Ninteenth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Ninth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - Newhart - The Complete Sixth Season
09/20 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Fifth Season
09/20 - Family Matters - The Complete Eighth Season
09/20 - Modern Family - The Complete Season 7
09/20 - Veep - Season 5
09/27 - The Wonder Years - Season Six
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Wednesday, October 26
The Goldbergs - "Stefan King" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Adam’s love of Stephen King inspires him to try his hand at horror writing. After learning the monster in Adam’s story is based off Beverly, she forces Adam to stay in on Halloween and rewrite it, hoping he depicts her as a better mother. Meanwhile, Erica is desperate to find a date to the costume dance and forces Barry go with her.
Speechless - "H-A-L-- HALLOWEEN" (ABC, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Jimmy is upset the kids no longer want to participate in the family tradition of dressing up for Halloween. Maya tries to cheer up Jimmy by allowing him to do things he loves by taking things off the family “Dead to Me” list. Meanwhile, Ray recruits Dylan to help work the school’s haunted mansion while Kenneth is scared of losing his job when JJ gets drunk at a party. Even though Maya is furious, she is thrilled to see JJ having a “normal” life.
Modern Family - "Halloween 4: The Revenge of Rod Skyhook" (ABC, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Luke’s Halloween party isn’t the monster bash he dreamed of and is at risk of having the worst party of the year. Sensing trouble, the rest of the Dunphy’s realize all his party needs is a visit from Rod Skyhook, a little promotion and some adult supervision to get it started. Meanwhile at the Tucker-Pritchett home, Cam faces off with his Halloween nemesis while Lily and Mitchell try to save the day and work to keep him from going to the darkside. Finally, when Jay finds out that Manny is going to a party at the home of an old enemy, he enlists him to deliver a trick he will never forget.
black-ish - "The Purge" (ABC, 9:30PM ET/PT)
After Junior embarrasses Dre during a basketball game, Dre decides to remind Junior of his master pranking skills so he’ll never challenge him again. Meanwhile, the neighborhood participates in a “mischief night” during Halloween where petty crimes become legal, and Ruby takes it too far with the kids.
Younger - "P Is for Pancake" (TV Land, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Kelsey dates a seemingly perfect guy, but Liza and Lauren think it’s too soon. At a party of doctors, Josh puts his relationship with Liza under the microscope.
Impastor - "Sins of the Past-or Part 2" (TV Land, 10:30PM ET/PT)
Dora’s and Alexa’s lives are both in jeopardy and Buddy must choose which one to save. Russell and Dora have a falling out. Schmidt is robbed.
You're the Worst - "The Seventh Layer" (FXX, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Vernon and Paul take a road trip.
Wednesday, October 26
- Joel McHale (The Great Indoors/Community) - Watch Joel on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Abbi Jacobson (Broad City) - Abbi visits The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. She will also be on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Colin Hanks (Life in Pieces) - Colin appears on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Colton Dunn (Superstore), Lauren Ash (Superstore/Super Fun Night and Nico Santos (Superstore) - Colton, Lauren and Nico are guests on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Elijah Wood (Wilfred) - Elijah stops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Will Forte (The Last Man on Earth) - Will is a guest on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Donald Glover (Atlanta/Community) - Donald appears on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Ken Jeong (Dr. Ken/Community) - See what happens when Dr. Oz visits the set of Dr. Ken on The Dr. Oz Show, so check your local listings.
- John Lithgow (3rd Rock from the Sun/Twenty Good Years) - John talks about The Crown on CBS This Morning sometime between 7-9am.
- Boris Kodjoe (The Last Man on Earth/Second Time Around) - Boris joins the Chew Crew on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Issa Rae (Insecure) - Issa is a guest on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am.
- Colin Hanks (Life in Pieces) - Colin talks about Life in Pieces on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- Mayim Bialik (The Big Bang Theory/Blossom) - Mayim is a guest on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Marisa Tomei (A Different World) - Marisa appears on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Terry Crews (Brooklyn Nine-Nine/Are We There Yet?/Everybody Hates Chris) - Terry is a guest on Steve Harvey, so check your local listings.
- Betsy Brandt (Life in Pieces/The Michael J. Fox Show) - Betsy talks about Life in PieceS on the AOL Build Show at 12pm.