Thursday, August 25, 2011
Elsewhere on TeenNick Fall 2011, catch up on all of the excitement of Degrassi: Now or Never before they are gone for good, on Labor Day from 9am-12am leading into the new 90's block premieres! And immerse yourself in House of Anubis, the juicy soap opera filled with mystery and dark secrets weekdays at 5pm starting September 26 on TeenNick! The rest of the regular schedule will remain as it is now, with sitcoms such as Malcolm in the Middle and What I Like About You starting at 10pm leading into the '90s block.
Bounce TV, the country's first-ever over-the-air broadcast television network for African-Americans, will launch with a special presentation of The Wiz on Monday, September 26 at 12 Noon (ET). Toyota USA will be the signature sponsor of the network's inaugural on-air schedule. After kicking off the network, the popular 1978 musical starring Diana Ross, Michael Jackson and Richard Pryor will be followed by Sidney Poitier headlining the classic drama A Raisin in the Sun at 3:00 p.m. Bounce TV's first week of prime time television then begins later that evening with part one of a two night double feature of one of the most acclaimed filmmakers of our generation, Spike Lee. Bounce TV will premiere Lee's Academy Award® -nominated Do the Right Thing at 8:00 p.m. Acclaimed as one of the greatest films of our generation, Do The Right Thing stars Ossie Davis, Ruby Dee, Danny Aiello, John Turturro, Samuel L. Jackson, Lee himself and also features the theatrical film debuts of Martin Lawrence and Rosie Perez (Also 10:00 p.m.) Then on Tues. Sept. 27, Bounce TV presents School Daze, Lee's 1988 musical-drama starring Laurence Fishburne, Giancarlo Esposito, and Tisha Campbell-Martin, based in part on Lee's experiences at Atlanta's Morehouse College and Clark Atlanta University (8:00 p.m., 10:00 p.m.). On Wednesday night Sept. 28, Bounce TV presents its first football game from the Central Intercollegiate Athletic Association (CIAA), the nation's largest African American athletic conference, as the top-rated Bulldogs of Bowie St. visit rival Virginia Union. On Thursday night, Sept. 29, Bounce TV will premiere the 1998 Denzel Washington - Bruce Willis action thriller The Siege (8:00 pm, 10:30 pm) and highlights of the network's first week of prime time wraps on Friday, Sept. 30 with the 2003 action comedy The Rundown starring Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson and Seann William Scott (8:00 pm, 10:30 pm).
Bounce's first weekend on the air is highlighted by the multiple Oscar® - nominated Far From Heaven (Sat. Oct. 1, 10:00 p.m.), 2002's textured story of race, gender and class starring Dennis Haysbert, Julianne Moore (Oscar® nominee) and Dennis Quaid. Sunday night, Oct. 2, Bounce TV will premiere Denzel Washington's Academy Award®-winning performance in the civil war epic Glory (8:00 p.m.). There will be a Richard Pryor Week (Oct. 3-7): The legendary comedian stars in a six-pack of his blockbuster movies including: His classic pairings with Gene Wilder in Stir Crazy (Oct. 3), Silver Streak (Oct. 4) and Another You (Oct. 6); The Wiz (Oct. 5); Bingo Long and the Traveling All Stars (Oct. 6) and Bustin' Loose (Oct. 7). Other major stars featured on Bounce TV's initial schedule include James Earl Jones in Summer's End (Oct. 12), Cuba Gooding Jr. in Hero Wanted (Oct. 16) and Samuel L. Jackson in Caveman's Valentine (Oct. 24).
And as we mentioned, Soul Train, one of the longest-running series in television history rides again as Bounce TV showcases the most popular performers and episodes of the legendary series. Bounce TV's web site (http://bouncetv.com) will have complete programming schedule and local Bounce TV channel locations available beginning Sept. 1. But we already gave you the schedule earlier this month. It's just unfortunate that there are no sitcoms on the schedule, but we have hope that eventually we will get one. If they do add some, we'll let you know.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (October/November)
10/04 - The Andy Griffith Show - The Christmas Special (Colorized)
10/04 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #1 (Colorized)
10/11 - Dr. Ken - Season One
10/11 - Mike & Molly - The Complete Sixth and Final Season
10/11 - Mike & Molly - The Complete Series
10/11 - Nurse Jackie - Seasons One and Two
10/11 - Weeds - Seasons One and Two
11/01 - Schitt's Creek - Seasons One and Two
11/08 - Family Matters - The Complete Ninth Season
11/08 - Your Family or Mine - Season One
11/15 - Community - The Complete Series
11/15 - The Lucy Show - The Complete Series
11/15 - The Mindy Project - Season Four
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Saturday, December 3
Henry Danger - "Dodging Danger" (Nickelodeon, 8:00PM ET/PT)
When Henry uses his new super power to compete in a Dodge-A-Leen tournament, Ray, Schwoz, and Charlotte go undercover to teach Henry a lesson.
Monday, December 5
- Will Smith (The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air) - Watch Will on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Steve Harvey (The Steve Harvey Show) - Steve visits The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC. He will also be on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am. He chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Jason Bateman (Arrested Development/The Hogan Family/It's Your Move) - Jason visits The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. He will also be on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am and on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Gael García Bernal (Mozart in the Jungle) - Gael is a guest on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Steve Agee (The Sarah Silverman Program) - Steve appears on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- The Cast of Fuller House - The cast of Fuller House are guests on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Patricia Heaton (The Middle/Back to You/Everybody Loves Raymond) - Patricia stops by Harry, so check your local listings.
- Miss Piggy (The Muppets) - Miss Piggy and Harry perform Deck the Halls on Harry, so check your local listings.
- Meredith Hagner (Search Party/Men at Work) - Meredith is a guest on Harry, so check your local listings.
- Lauren Graham (The Odd Couple/Conrad Bloom/Townies) - Lauren appears on Rachael Ray, so check your local listings.
- T.J. Miller (Silicon Valley/The Goodwin Games/Carpoolers) - T.J. talks about Office Christmas Party on the AOL Build Show at 3pm. He will be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET. He can also be heard on The Morning Mash Up on SiriusXM at 9:50am.
- Bradley Whitford (Happyish/Trophy Wife) - Bradley is a guest on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Josh McDermitt (Retired at 35) - Josh can be heard on The Morning Mash Up on SiriusXM at 10:45am.
- Erinn Hayes (Kevin Can Wait/Guys with Kids/Worst Week) - Erinn talks about Kevin Can Wait on the AOL Build Show at 4pm.