Wednesday, August 03, 2011
Elsewhere on Comedy Central's weekday line-up, Scrubs will move to 2:00pm & 2:30pm every weekday, as it moves away from its 6pm & 6:30pm timeslots. At 3pm, Comedy Central Presents will air followed by repeats of Futurama. In the 4pm hour, the network will now air another Futurama followed by repeats of Tosh.0. At 5pm, It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia will start its weekday daily strip run on Comedy Central followed by repeats of South Park at 5:30pm. On Mondays, It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia will air at 5:30pm, though. In the 6pm hour, the network will air repeats of The Daily Show with Jon Stewart and The Colbert Report, which was airing in the 7pm hour, but now 30 Rock will take over that hour. From 8pm on there is not a real set schedule but late nights will have Futurama at 2am and another episode of It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia at 4:30am. Earlier in the day, among the notable items are Entourage airing weekdays at 11am. On weekends, the only thing of note is that Scrubs will air usually in midday for two hours (like 11am-1pm or 1pm-3pm), while It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia will air Sunday nights from 4-5am.
Among original series and specials, Charlie Sheen's "winning" streak comes to a screeching halt as he becomes the next Comedy Central Roastee, where his warlock skills and tiger blood will not stand a chance against the insults and jabs that will be flying at him from the dais. Before the premiere of the not-to-be missed Comedy Central Roast of Charlie Sheen on Monday, September 19 at 10:00 p.m. and viewers can tune-in at 9:45 p.m. for the Roast Pre-Show to see all of the Roasters, the Roast Master and the Roastee himself before they all take stage on the notoriously brutal dais. The following night will have the fall season premiere of the network's most-watched series, Tosh.0 (September 20 at 10:00 p.m.), followed by the second season premiere of Comedy Central's newest hit, Workaholics (September 20 at 10:30 p.m.). The week is capped off Sunday, September 25 at 9:00 p.m. by the return of Jeff Dunham and his infamous gang of characters with the World Premiere of an all-new, stand-up special, Jeff Dunham: Controlled Chaos. Also in September, Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert provide their inimitable take of the day's news with all-new episodes of The Daily Show with Jon Stewart and The Colbert Report all starting at 11:00 p.m.
View the full Comedy Central Fall 2011 schedule. And don't forget to come back tomorrow for another fall schedule for cable!
There is another digital substation launching this fall, joining the likes of Antenna TV, MeTV, thisTV and Retro TV. We have not reported this already because the digital network will not be airing any sitcoms or scripted series, but today we will tell you what they will air. Bounce TV, the first-ever over-the-air broadcast television network for African-Americans is launching September 26 at 12 noon. Bounce TV will target African-Americans primarily between the ages of 25-54 with a programming mix of theatrical motion pictures, live sporting events, documentaries, specials, inspirational faith-based programs, off-net series, original programming and more. The network has been cleared in Atlanta, GA; Houston, TX; Cleveland/Akron, OH; Charlotte, NC; Cincinnati, OH; Indianapolis, IN; Hartford/New Haven, CT; Norfolk, VA; Dayton, OH; West Palm Beach, FL; Birmingham, AL; Memphis, TN; Louisville, KY and Richmond, VA, among other markets on digital substations. Bounce TV will air 24 hours a day, seven days a week as a digital terrestrial network designed for carriage on the digital signals of local television stations.
The only TV series airing are Soul Train and Judge Hatchett. On weekdays, Soul Train will air at 7am and 6pm, while Judge Hatchett will air at 7:00pm & 7:30pm. Soul Train will air on weekends as well, airing 7am, 8am, 5pm and 7pm on Saturdays and 7am and 7pm on Sundays The schedule will be primarily filled with movies with some gospel programming. Let's hope they add some scripted sitcoms or dramas in the near future, as this could be a great destination to watch older African-American series not airing on television.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (August)
08/04 - The Comeback - The Complete Series
08/04 - I Love Lucy - Ultimate Season 2 (Blu-ray)
08/04 - Sgt. Bilko (The Phil Silvers Show) - Season Three
08/11 - The Jeffersons - Season Eight
08/11 - Maude - The Complete Second Season
08/11 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Fourth Season
08/11 - The Jeff Foxworthy Show - The COmplete Series (Mill Creek)
08/18 - Mike & Molly - The Complete Fifth Season
08/18 - Welcome Back, Kotter - The Final (Fourth) Season
08/25 - King of the Hill - The Complete 11th Season
08/25 - The Mindy Project - Season Three
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Saturday, August 29
Monday, August 31
- Victoria Justice (Victorious/Zoey 101) - Watch Victoria on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Roseanne Barr (Roseanne) - Roseanne stops by Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Demi Lovato (Sonny with a Chance) - Demi is a panelist and musical guest on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Melora Hardin (Transparent/Wedding Band/The Office) - Melora is a guest on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Amy Landecker (Transparent) - Amy will be on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Abby Elliott (Odd Mom Out) - Abby appears on a repeat of Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Tim Conway (McHale's Navy/Rango) - Tim is a guest on a repeat of The Queen Latifah Show, so check your local listings.
- Cedric the Entertainer (The Soul Man/The Steve Harvey Show) and Niecy Nash (The Soul Man/Getting On/Reno 911!) - Cedric and Niecy are guests on a repeat of The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Jeremy Sisto (Suburgatory) and David Walton (About a Boy/Bent/Perfect Couples) - Jeremy and David talk about their new film Break Point on NBC's Today in the 9am hour, on the AOL Build Show, on SI Now and on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.