Wednesday, August 03, 2011
Elsewhere on Comedy Central's weekday line-up, Scrubs will move to 2:00pm & 2:30pm every weekday, as it moves away from its 6pm & 6:30pm timeslots. At 3pm, Comedy Central Presents will air followed by repeats of Futurama. In the 4pm hour, the network will now air another Futurama followed by repeats of Tosh.0. At 5pm, It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia will start its weekday daily strip run on Comedy Central followed by repeats of South Park at 5:30pm. On Mondays, It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia will air at 5:30pm, though. In the 6pm hour, the network will air repeats of The Daily Show with Jon Stewart and The Colbert Report, which was airing in the 7pm hour, but now 30 Rock will take over that hour. From 8pm on there is not a real set schedule but late nights will have Futurama at 2am and another episode of It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia at 4:30am. Earlier in the day, among the notable items are Entourage airing weekdays at 11am. On weekends, the only thing of note is that Scrubs will air usually in midday for two hours (like 11am-1pm or 1pm-3pm), while It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia will air Sunday nights from 4-5am.
Among original series and specials, Charlie Sheen's "winning" streak comes to a screeching halt as he becomes the next Comedy Central Roastee, where his warlock skills and tiger blood will not stand a chance against the insults and jabs that will be flying at him from the dais. Before the premiere of the not-to-be missed Comedy Central Roast of Charlie Sheen on Monday, September 19 at 10:00 p.m. and viewers can tune-in at 9:45 p.m. for the Roast Pre-Show to see all of the Roasters, the Roast Master and the Roastee himself before they all take stage on the notoriously brutal dais. The following night will have the fall season premiere of the network's most-watched series, Tosh.0 (September 20 at 10:00 p.m.), followed by the second season premiere of Comedy Central's newest hit, Workaholics (September 20 at 10:30 p.m.). The week is capped off Sunday, September 25 at 9:00 p.m. by the return of Jeff Dunham and his infamous gang of characters with the World Premiere of an all-new, stand-up special, Jeff Dunham: Controlled Chaos. Also in September, Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert provide their inimitable take of the day's news with all-new episodes of The Daily Show with Jon Stewart and The Colbert Report all starting at 11:00 p.m.
View the full Comedy Central Fall 2011 schedule. And don't forget to come back tomorrow for another fall schedule for cable!
There is another digital substation launching this fall, joining the likes of Antenna TV, MeTV, thisTV and Retro TV. We have not reported this already because the digital network will not be airing any sitcoms or scripted series, but today we will tell you what they will air. Bounce TV, the first-ever over-the-air broadcast television network for African-Americans is launching September 26 at 12 noon. Bounce TV will target African-Americans primarily between the ages of 25-54 with a programming mix of theatrical motion pictures, live sporting events, documentaries, specials, inspirational faith-based programs, off-net series, original programming and more. The network has been cleared in Atlanta, GA; Houston, TX; Cleveland/Akron, OH; Charlotte, NC; Cincinnati, OH; Indianapolis, IN; Hartford/New Haven, CT; Norfolk, VA; Dayton, OH; West Palm Beach, FL; Birmingham, AL; Memphis, TN; Louisville, KY and Richmond, VA, among other markets on digital substations. Bounce TV will air 24 hours a day, seven days a week as a digital terrestrial network designed for carriage on the digital signals of local television stations.
The only TV series airing are Soul Train and Judge Hatchett. On weekdays, Soul Train will air at 7am and 6pm, while Judge Hatchett will air at 7:00pm & 7:30pm. Soul Train will air on weekends as well, airing 7am, 8am, 5pm and 7pm on Saturdays and 7am and 7pm on Sundays The schedule will be primarily filled with movies with some gospel programming. Let's hope they add some scripted sitcoms or dramas in the near future, as this could be a great destination to watch older African-American series not airing on television.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (June)
06/14 - Ballers - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
06/14 - The League - Season 7 - The Final Fantasy
06/14 - The League - The Complete Series
06/14 - Maude - The Complete Fifth Season
06/14 - Survivor's Remorse - The Complete Second Season
06/21 - Workaholics - Season Six
06/24 - The Monkees - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
06/28 - Two Guys and a Girl - The Complete Series
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Sunday, June 26
Cooper Barrett's Guide to Surviving Life - "How to Survive Your Birthday" (Fox, 7:00PM ET/PT)
When the gang throws Cooper a surprise birthday party, things go south after Kelly witnesses Cooper and Ramona sharing a kiss.
Bob's Burgers - "Nice-Capades" (Fox, 7:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
When a grumpy mall Santa threatens the kids with the dreaded Naughty List, Gene, Tina and Louise decide to put on a musical performance spectacular to earn their spot on the Nice List. Can they change Santa’s mind in time to save their Christmas?
The Simpsons - "Orange Is the New Yellow" (Fox, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
When Marge gets arrested for letting Bart go to the park unsupervised, she serves time only to realize that prison is a welcome break from the demands of her life as a mom and wife. In her absence, Homer struggles to manage all of the parenting responsibilities that Marge usually handles.
Brooklyn Nine-Nine - "Into the Woods" (Fox, 8:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Jake and Charles convince Terry to take a weekend camping trip as a much needed “babymoon,” but they soon realize it might not be the idealistic weekend for which they had hoped. Meanwhile back at the precinct, Holt gives Rosa some important relationship advice and Amy enlists Gina’s help to prepare her for an important presentation.
Family Guy - "Hot Pocket-Dial" (Fox, 9:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Quagmire admits that he’s in love with Lois. Unfortunately, he proclaims his love while he has accidentally pocket-dialed Peter. Peter is furious and Brian takes it upon himself to fix the situation.
The Last Man on Earth - "Baby Steps" (Fox, 9:30PM ET/PT)
Re-population becomes a hot topic with the Malibu survivors.
Still the King - "Guess Who's Comin' to Dinner" (CMT, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Charlotte is furious when she discovers that Vernon has been posing as a preacher; the church is vandalized.
Sunday, June 26
- Sandra Bernhard (Roseanne) - Catch Sandra on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Eric Stonestreet (Modern Family) - Watch Eric on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Nia Long (Uncle Buck/The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air) - Nia is a guest on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Marc Maron (Maron) - Marc appears on a repeat of The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Jenny Slate (Married/Bob's Burgers) - Jenny stops by The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Connie Britton (Spin City/The Fighting Fitzgeralds/Lost at Home) - Connie is a guest on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Natasha Leggero (Another Period/Free Agents) - Natasha appears on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Zach Woods (Silicon Valley/Playing House/The Office) - Zach appears on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Greg Proops (True Jackson, VP) - Greg is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Jill Kargman (Odd Mom Out) - Jill visits Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Aubrey Plaza (Parks and Recreation) - Aubrey appears on Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- D.L. Hughley (The Hughleys) - D.L. guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Demi Lovato (Sonny with a Chance) - Demi appears on a repeat of The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Kellita Smith (The First Family/The Bernie Mac Show) - Kellita stops by The Real, so check your local listings.
- Jamie Lynn Spears (Zoey 101) - Jamie reveals that her husband and daughter are hounding her for more children on People Now at 8:30am.
- Craig Bierko (Unhitched/Madman of the People/Sydney) - Craig is a guest on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Michaela Watkins (Casual/Trophy Wife) - Michaela talks about Hulu's Casual on the AOL Build ShoW at 11am.
- Louis C.K. (Louie) and Kevin Hart (The Big House/Undeclared) - Louis and Kevin talk about The Secret Life of Pets on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am.
- Tony Shalhoub (We Are Men/Wings)- Tony will be on CBS This Morning sometime between 7-9am.
- Arsenio Hall (Arsenio) - Arsenio guest co-hosts Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.