Wednesday, August 03, 2011
Elsewhere on Comedy Central's weekday line-up, Scrubs will move to 2:00pm & 2:30pm every weekday, as it moves away from its 6pm & 6:30pm timeslots. At 3pm, Comedy Central Presents will air followed by repeats of Futurama. In the 4pm hour, the network will now air another Futurama followed by repeats of Tosh.0. At 5pm, It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia will start its weekday daily strip run on Comedy Central followed by repeats of South Park at 5:30pm. On Mondays, It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia will air at 5:30pm, though. In the 6pm hour, the network will air repeats of The Daily Show with Jon Stewart and The Colbert Report, which was airing in the 7pm hour, but now 30 Rock will take over that hour. From 8pm on there is not a real set schedule but late nights will have Futurama at 2am and another episode of It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia at 4:30am. Earlier in the day, among the notable items are Entourage airing weekdays at 11am. On weekends, the only thing of note is that Scrubs will air usually in midday for two hours (like 11am-1pm or 1pm-3pm), while It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia will air Sunday nights from 4-5am.
Among original series and specials, Charlie Sheen's "winning" streak comes to a screeching halt as he becomes the next Comedy Central Roastee, where his warlock skills and tiger blood will not stand a chance against the insults and jabs that will be flying at him from the dais. Before the premiere of the not-to-be missed Comedy Central Roast of Charlie Sheen on Monday, September 19 at 10:00 p.m. and viewers can tune-in at 9:45 p.m. for the Roast Pre-Show to see all of the Roasters, the Roast Master and the Roastee himself before they all take stage on the notoriously brutal dais. The following night will have the fall season premiere of the network's most-watched series, Tosh.0 (September 20 at 10:00 p.m.), followed by the second season premiere of Comedy Central's newest hit, Workaholics (September 20 at 10:30 p.m.). The week is capped off Sunday, September 25 at 9:00 p.m. by the return of Jeff Dunham and his infamous gang of characters with the World Premiere of an all-new, stand-up special, Jeff Dunham: Controlled Chaos. Also in September, Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert provide their inimitable take of the day's news with all-new episodes of The Daily Show with Jon Stewart and The Colbert Report all starting at 11:00 p.m.
View the full Comedy Central Fall 2011 schedule. And don't forget to come back tomorrow for another fall schedule for cable!
There is another digital substation launching this fall, joining the likes of Antenna TV, MeTV, thisTV and Retro TV. We have not reported this already because the digital network will not be airing any sitcoms or scripted series, but today we will tell you what they will air. Bounce TV, the first-ever over-the-air broadcast television network for African-Americans is launching September 26 at 12 noon. Bounce TV will target African-Americans primarily between the ages of 25-54 with a programming mix of theatrical motion pictures, live sporting events, documentaries, specials, inspirational faith-based programs, off-net series, original programming and more. The network has been cleared in Atlanta, GA; Houston, TX; Cleveland/Akron, OH; Charlotte, NC; Cincinnati, OH; Indianapolis, IN; Hartford/New Haven, CT; Norfolk, VA; Dayton, OH; West Palm Beach, FL; Birmingham, AL; Memphis, TN; Louisville, KY and Richmond, VA, among other markets on digital substations. Bounce TV will air 24 hours a day, seven days a week as a digital terrestrial network designed for carriage on the digital signals of local television stations.
The only TV series airing are Soul Train and Judge Hatchett. On weekdays, Soul Train will air at 7am and 6pm, while Judge Hatchett will air at 7:00pm & 7:30pm. Soul Train will air on weekends as well, airing 7am, 8am, 5pm and 7pm on Saturdays and 7am and 7pm on Sundays The schedule will be primarily filled with movies with some gospel programming. Let's hope they add some scripted sitcoms or dramas in the near future, as this could be a great destination to watch older African-American series not airing on television.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (September)
09/02 - Benson - Season 1 (Mill Creek) / Season 2 / Seasons 1 & 2
09/02 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - Halloween Episodes Collection
09/02 - It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia - The Complete Season Nine
09/02 - The League - The Complete Season Five
09/02 - New Girl - The Complete Season Three
09/02 - Soap - Season 1 (Mill Creek) / Season 2 / Seasons 1 & 2
09/02 - What's Happening!! - Season 1 (Mill Creek) / Season 2 / Seasons 1 & 2
09/09 - The Goldbergs - The Complete First Season
09/16 - About a Boy - Season One
09/16 - Awkward - Season 3
09/16 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Seventh Season (Blu-ray/DVD)
09/16 - South Park - Season 17 (Blu-ray)
09/23 - Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season One
09/23 - How I Met Your Mother - The Ninth and Legendary Final Season / The Complete Series
09/23 - Mama's Family - The Complete Fifth Season / The Complete Collection
09/23 - Modern Family - The Complete Fifth Season
09/23 - Mom - The Complete First Season
09/30 - The Donna Reed Show - Season 1 (MPI)
09/30 - Mike & Molly - The Complete Fourth Season
Other TV Series:
09/02 - Grey's Anatomy - The Complete Tenth Season
09/09 - Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
09/16 - CSI: Crime Scene Investigation - The Fourteenth Season
09/16 - Castle - The Complete Sixth Season
09/23 - Nashville - The Complete Second Season
09/23 - Scandal - The Complete Third Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Monday, September 15
The Big Bang Theory - "The Gorilla Dissolution" (CBS, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
bad day causes Penny to reevaluate her life choices – including Leonard. Meanwhile, Howard and Bernadette struggle to care for Mrs. Wolowitz, and Raj gets relationship advice from Sheldon.
Mom - "Smokey Taylor and a Deathbed Confession" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Christy and Bonnie help Violet through labor. Meanwhile, Christy is convinced that Bonnie still has feelings for Alvin. Kevin Pollak returns as Alvin.
Two and a Half Men - "Oh, WALD-E, Good Times Ahead" (CBS, 9:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Alan confesses his true identity to Larry and has to face the consequences. Kimberly Williams-Paisley returns as Gretchen, Alan’s fiancée, and her real-life husband, Brad Paisley, makes a cameo appearance.
The Big Bang Theory - "The Status Quo Combustion" (CBS, 9:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Sheldon is forced to confront an uncertain future and considers a major move. Meanwhile, Raj and Emily take it to the next level, and Mrs. Wolowitz’s injury is a major headache for Howard and Bernadette.
Monday, September 15
- Ike Barinholtz (The Mindy Project) - Watch Ike on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Mindy Kaling (The Mindy Project/The Office) - Mindy is a guest on The Colbert Report at 11:30pm on Comedy Central. She will also be on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- Nasim Pedrad (Mulaney) - Nasim appears on Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Connie Britton (Spin City/The Fighting Fitzgeralds) - Connie visits Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Justin Long (Mom/Ed) - Justin stops by Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Queen Latifah (Living Single) - Queen Latifah chats on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Michael Strahan (Brothers) - Michael is a guest on Rachael Ray, so check your local listings.
- Judith Light (Who's the Boss?/Phenom) - Judith drops by the Better Show, so check your local listings. She will also be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Steve Harvey (The Steve Harvey Show) - Steve dishes on taking Meredith's Ice Bucket Challenge and reveals secrets from his new book (Act Like a Success, Think Like a Success) on The Meredith Vieira Show, so check your local listings.
- Nathan Gamble (Hank) - Nathan talks about working with his animal co-stars in Dolphin Tale 2 on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Holly Robinson Peete (Hangin' with Mr. Cooper/For Your Love) - Holly and her husband Rodney Peete are guests on SportsNation at 3pm on ESPN2.
- James Van Der Beek (Friends with Better Lives/Don't Trust the B---- in Apartment 23) - James will be on HuffPost Live at 1:30pm. He is also a guest on PIX11 Morning News on WPIX in New York at 7:45am.
- Keke Palmer (True Jackson, VP) - Keke will be on PIX11 Morning News on WPIX in New York at 8:35am.
- Bebe Neuwirth (Cheers/Frasier) - Bebe is a guest on HuffPost Live at 5:30pm.
- Kathy Griffin (Suddenly Susan) - Kathy appears on Larry King Now at 2/5pm PT/ET on Ora.tv and Hulu.
- Jada Pinkett-Smith (A Different World) - Jada talks about her new series Gotham on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am and in the 10am hour.
- Haley Joel Osment (Thunder Alley/The Jeff Foxworthy Show) - Haley Joel is a guest on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.