Thursday, August 18, 2011
Weekends will also change some, with more sitcom airings! The biggest note on weekends is that Saved by the Bell will air Sundays from 6am-8am! It's not leaving the schedule after all now, but it will only be on Sundays now starting Oct. 9. Screech and the gang will lead into two-hours of Friends from 8am-10am and Home Improvement in the 10am hour, before movies air the rest of the day on Sundays. On Saturdays, it's Married...With Children in the 6am hour still, but My Name Is Earl will now from 7am-9am. According to Jim airs at 9am, followed by three airings of Yes, Dear from 9:30am-11am. Movies will air starting at 11am, but sitcoms return usually at 3:30pm or 4pm. Jim would air at 3:30pm and more Friends from 4-6pm leading into The Big Bang Theory. One other note, The Steve Harvey Show isn't on the schedule anymore after Saturday, Sept. 24. It is probably just resting, as it was on the original fall schedule on Saturdays.
View the UPDATED TBS Fall 2011 schedule. I have made the new changes in BOLD.
Yes, it is still summer but ABC has one leftover episode of the hilarious Happy Endings still to air from last season. The network aired 12 of the 13 episodes in the spring and didn't have room for this episode, but now we can watch it next Wednesday in lieu of the new season coming in September. The episode is "Why Can't You Read Me?" and has Jane thinking Alex is trying to steal her thunder with Jane's literacy group, so their old sibling rivalry heats up. Meanwhile, Dave is dating an attractive women's Lacrosse coach (guest star Bre Blair) with a strange quirk, and Penny finally gets an assistant (guest star Gina Rodriguez) and is determined to be the "cool boss," with disastrous results on an all-new episode airing Wednesday, August 24 at 9:30pm ET on ABC.
If you missed any of the previous twelve episodes, ABC has been airing them all summer, but if you even missed those, the first season DVD is out on Tuesday, Sept. 20 from Sony Pictures Home Entertainment with all 13 first season episodes. And if that's not all, ABC Family will air a marathon of 12 of the 13 episodes (we assume the newest episode won't be in the marathon) on Friday, Sept. 16 from 5pm-11pm ET. The second season premieres Wednesday, Sept. 28 at 9:30pm right after Modern Family on ABC. So start, catch-up or re-watch them again, because they are even funnier the second time around.
Happy Endings stars Elisha Cuthbert as Alex, Zachary Knighton as Dave, Eliza Coupe as Jane, Damon Wayans, Jr. as Brad, Adam Pally as Max and Casey Wilson as Penny.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (February/March)
02/07 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - Sabrina Down Under
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 1 - School's Cool - Boy Crazy
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 2 - About a Family - Hangin' Out
02/07 - 227 - The Complete First Season (Mill Creek)
02/07 - Vice Principals - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
02/14 - Beavis and Butt-Head - The Complete Collection
02/14 - Grace and Frankie - Season Two
02/28 - Fuller House - The Complete First Season
03/03 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - Now... In Living Color! (Blu-ray)
03/07 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - Mama's Family - Mama's Favorites
03/07 - That '70s Show - The Complete Series - Flashback Edition (Blu-ray)
03/07 - What I Like About You - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - You Me Her - Season One
03/14 - Newhart - The Final (Eighth) Season
03/14 - Unbrekable Kimmy Schmidt - Season Two
03/21 - Master of None - Season One
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Friday, March 24
Last Man Standing - "Bad Heir Day" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Mike and Vanessa think it’s time for newlyweds Mandy and Kyle to move out, but when Chuck relays some unexpected news about Kyle’s absentee mom, Mike has second thoughts. Meanwhile, Eve tells Ryan that Boyd is making up stories about his Dad’s real job, because he’s embarrassed about being home-schooled.
Dr. Ken - "Clark's Big Surprise" (ABC, 8:30PM ET/PT)
When Ken accidentally finds out that Clark and Connor are planning their surprise wedding, he has to find a way to get everyone to come. But Damona finds out and to get Allison there, she tells her that Ken is going to surprise her by renewing their wedding vows. Guest performances from the Grammy Award-winning band, Train, featuring lead singer Pat Monahan and guitarist Jerry Becker.
Friday, March 24
- Sofia Black-D'Elia (The Mick) - Watch Sofia on a repeat of Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Tracy Morgan (30 Rock/The Tracy Morgan Show) - Tracy is on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Malin Akerman (Trophy Wife/Sin City Saints) - Malin appears on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Zach Galifianakis (Baskets) - Zach is a guest on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Laura Dern (Enlightened) - Laura appears on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Jermaine Fowler (Superior Donuts) - Jermaine is a guest on a repeat of Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Michael Keaton (Working Stiffs/All's Fair) - Michael visits LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Melissa McCarthy (Mike & Molly/Samantha Who?) and Ben Falcone (Joey) - Melissa and Ben are guests on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Alfonso Ribeiro (The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air/In the House/Silver Spoons) - Alfonso stops by Harry, so check your local listings.
- Martha Plimpton (The Real O'Neals/Raising Hope) - Martha appears on Harry, so check your local listings.
- Anthony Anderson (black-ish/Guys with Kids/All About the Andersons) - Anthony chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT. He will also be on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am.
- Carl Reiner (The Dick Van Dyke Show) and Rob Reiner (All in the Family) - Carl and Rob are guests on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Kristen Bell (The Good Place) - Kristen is a guest on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am. She also joins the Chew Crew on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Jane Fonda (Grace and Frankie) and Lily Tomlin (Grace and Frankie/Malibu Country) - Jane and Lily talk about Grace and Frankie on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am.
- Brooklyn Decker (Grace and Frankie/Friends with Better Lives) - Brooklyn talks about Malibu Country on NBC's Today in the 9am hour.
- Rhea Perlman (Cheers/Kirstie) - Rhea talks about Me and My Grandma on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Emma Roberts (Scream Queens/Unfabulous) - Emma talks about The Blackcoat's Daughter on People Now at 8:30am.
- Josh Henderson (One on One) - Josh is a guest on Steve Harvey, so check your local listings.