Thursday, August 18, 2011
Weekends will also change some, with more sitcom airings! The biggest note on weekends is that Saved by the Bell will air Sundays from 6am-8am! It's not leaving the schedule after all now, but it will only be on Sundays now starting Oct. 9. Screech and the gang will lead into two-hours of Friends from 8am-10am and Home Improvement in the 10am hour, before movies air the rest of the day on Sundays. On Saturdays, it's Married...With Children in the 6am hour still, but My Name Is Earl will now from 7am-9am. According to Jim airs at 9am, followed by three airings of Yes, Dear from 9:30am-11am. Movies will air starting at 11am, but sitcoms return usually at 3:30pm or 4pm. Jim would air at 3:30pm and more Friends from 4-6pm leading into The Big Bang Theory. One other note, The Steve Harvey Show isn't on the schedule anymore after Saturday, Sept. 24. It is probably just resting, as it was on the original fall schedule on Saturdays.
View the UPDATED TBS Fall 2011 schedule. I have made the new changes in BOLD.
Yes, it is still summer but ABC has one leftover episode of the hilarious Happy Endings still to air from last season. The network aired 12 of the 13 episodes in the spring and didn't have room for this episode, but now we can watch it next Wednesday in lieu of the new season coming in September. The episode is "Why Can't You Read Me?" and has Jane thinking Alex is trying to steal her thunder with Jane's literacy group, so their old sibling rivalry heats up. Meanwhile, Dave is dating an attractive women's Lacrosse coach (guest star Bre Blair) with a strange quirk, and Penny finally gets an assistant (guest star Gina Rodriguez) and is determined to be the "cool boss," with disastrous results on an all-new episode airing Wednesday, August 24 at 9:30pm ET on ABC.
If you missed any of the previous twelve episodes, ABC has been airing them all summer, but if you even missed those, the first season DVD is out on Tuesday, Sept. 20 from Sony Pictures Home Entertainment with all 13 first season episodes. And if that's not all, ABC Family will air a marathon of 12 of the 13 episodes (we assume the newest episode won't be in the marathon) on Friday, Sept. 16 from 5pm-11pm ET. The second season premieres Wednesday, Sept. 28 at 9:30pm right after Modern Family on ABC. So start, catch-up or re-watch them again, because they are even funnier the second time around.
Happy Endings stars Elisha Cuthbert as Alex, Zachary Knighton as Dave, Eliza Coupe as Jane, Damon Wayans, Jr. as Brad, Adam Pally as Max and Casey Wilson as Penny.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (December/January)
12/06 - Family Guy - Season Fourteen
12/13 - American Dad! - Volume 11
12/13 - Newhart - The Complete Seventh Season
01/03 - Girls - The Complete Fifth Season (Blu-ray)
01/10 - Broad City - Season 3
01/17 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #2 (Colorized)
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume One
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume Two
01/24 - Hooperman - Season One
01/24 - Hooperman - Season Two
01/31 - Ballers - The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Saturday, January 21
The Thundermans - "Better Off Wed" (Nickelodeon, 8:00PM ET/PT)
The kids learn that Dr. Colosso ruined their parents' wedding years earlier, and want to recreate Hank & Barb's dream day as their anniversary gift. However, Dr. Colosso remains a threat, and they must keep their plans a secret.
Nicky, Ricky, Dicky & Dawn - "Keeping Up with the Quadashians" (Nickelodeon, 8:30PM ET/PT)
After binge watching their favorite reality TV show, the Quads decide their lives are every bit as "reality TV" worthy, and decide to make a show of their own. Guest Stars: Maddie Ziegler, Mackenzie Ziegler
School of Rock - "Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood" (Nickelodeon, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Tomika and Zack work on a love song together, leading to a moment that will change their friendship forever. Summer and Lawrence hang out together for the first time, and Freddy helps Mr. Finn with a problem.
Saturday, January 21
- Phylicia Rashad (The Cosby Show/Cosby) - Phylicia will be featured on Oprah: Where Are They Now? at 10pm ET/PT on OWN.
- NeNe Leakes (The New Normal) - Catch NeNe on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Allison Janney (Mom/Mr. Sunshine) - Watch Allison on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- William Shatner ($h*! My Dad Says) and Henry Winkler (Happy Days/Arrested Development/Out of Practice) - William and Henry are guests on a repeat of Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Kevin Nealon (Man with a Plan/Weeds/Hiller and Diller/Champs) - Kevin appears on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Jade Catta-Preta (Manhattan Love Story) - Jade is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Wendi McClendon-Covey (The Goldbergs/Rules of Engagement/Reno 911!) - Wendi stops by Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Cristela Alonzo (Cristela) - Cristela chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Tika Sumpter (The Game) - Tika appears on The Real, so check your local listings.
- Justina Machado (One Day at a Time) - Justina will be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Jerry O'Connell (We Are Men/Carpoolers/My Secret Identity) - Jerry and Rebecca Romjin talk about Love Locks on NBC's Today in the 9am hour. Jerry will also be on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT and on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Retta (Parks and Recreation) - Retta talks about Girlfriend's Guide to Divorce on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.