Monday, August 01, 2011
TBS usually makes changes to its regular daytime schedule and this year they will as well. The changes start the week after The Big Bang Theory joins the line-up. Starting Monday, Sept. 26, we have these changes. Saved by the Bell fans you know you lost the 7am hour to Home Improvement earlier this year, but now the comedy will lose its 8am hour as well, as Fresh Prince of Bel-Air will move to the 8am hour. It seems as if the Saved by the Bell contract will be expiring from the network, as it is not on the line-up anymore. We are not 100% sure if the contract is expiring, but we will find out soon. The last time the contract was renewed was in Fall 2006. The series has been on TBS since 1992.
UPDATE: The Saved by the Bell contract is expiring in March 2012, so it will be on hiatus for now.
Moving on, the 9am hour will now be another Fresh Prince airing followed by House of Payne, in a new timeslot. Also Meet the Browns will air at 10am, followed by Yes, Dear which gets a time improvement. Another Yes, Dear will air at 11am, followed by Everybody Loves Raymond at 11:30am. According to Jim's first airing moves to 12 noon, while Meet the Browns remains at 12:30pm, so it gained a second airing at 10am. The 1pm hour will remain the same with American Dad! and My Name is Earl, as will Everybody Loves Raymond at 2pm. TBS will add a third airing of Friends and will air it at 2:30pm (in addition to 4-5pm). And the final change will be The Office and According to Jim switching half-hours at 3pm. The late afternoon/early evening line-up of Friends, Everybody Loves Raymond, The King of Queens and Seinfeld, will remain intact from 4pm-8pm. If you counted, Everybody Loves Raymond will air four times a day (11:30am, 2pm, and 5-6pm)! We will keep you up to date if anything changes.
View the TBS Fall 2011 schedule because it all started with the big bang!
ION Television furthers its programming strategy of providing high-quality content with the acquisition of three of television's critically-acclaimed and highly popular series, Psych and Monk from Universal Cable Productions and House from Universal Media Studios.
As part of the content package, ION Television attains the right to air six and future seasons of the detective series Psych, marking the first time the series has been syndicated on a broadcast network. Meanwhile, the Emmy(R) Award winning series Monk comes to ION with all eight complete seasons. Both Psych and Monk will join the ION Television line-up this month airing every night starting with a marathon on Sunday, August 21, 2011! Monk will kick things off on Sunday, Aug. 21 from 6pm-10pm, with the first four episodes, followed by the first five episodes of Psych from 10pm-3am. Monk will regularly air weeknights at 12am, with Fridays being extended to 3am, and on weekends from 6pm-9pm. Psych will air Thursday nights from 1-3am and weekends from 10pm-3am both following Monk. The rest of the line-up remains the same, but M*A*S*H and My Name is Earl filler airings on weekends are not present for these few weeks. We'll let you know if they return in September, so stay tuned for our Fall 2011 schedule for ION Television!
Additionally, ION obtains rights to the Emmy(R) Award winning medical drama House starting in fall 2012 airing two times per week for one year. The three hit series join ION Television's primetime schedule of the popular off-net series Without a Trace, Criminal Minds, Ghost Whisperer, My Name Is Earl, along with ION's first original police drama Flashpoint.
View the new August 2011 schedule for ION Television starting Aug. 21. And stay with us for any further changes come Fall 2011.
NBC is up today at the TCA Summer 2011 Press Tour. We'll have a recap of the day's events tomorrow...so come on back!
The Middle - "Vacation Days" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
After being forced by his work to take a paid vacation, Mike tries to relax but finds his alone time being invaded by Brick, who wants to cash in and implement all of the personal gift coupons he has given his dad for Father's Day and birthdays over the years. Meanwhile, Frankie is livid when she discovers that Axl has been hanging out at the Donahues for the past few days and didn't let her know that he was even in town, and Sue is horrified when she discovers that someone has given her service at Spudsy Malone’s a bad review online and overreacts in her efforts to better please the customers.
Suburgatory - "Blame it on the Rainstick" (ABC, 8:30PM/ET) (Repeat)
When Noah is released from a court mandated anger management program, George is shocked to find a docile Noah has replaced his former hot-headed friend. Shaken by the change, George decides to put the new Noah to the test. Meanwhile, Tessa ditches “senior tanning” and meets a cool new age band hanging out at the park. The free spirited music group isn’t exactly what they appear.
Modern Family - "The Big Game" (ABC, 9:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
With a big football game coming up and a record to break, Coach Cam is intensely focused and showing no mercy even when the opposing team is playing with an unexpected disadvantage. Elsewhere, Claire is determined to prove to the staff that she is more than just the boss’s daughter, and Phil tries to teach his kids a lesson about optimism, but the universe just isn’t cooperating.
Mixology - "Jessica & Ron" (ABC, 9:30PM ET/PT)
Jessica regrets sending a naked photo to Ron and sets out to get him to delete it after realizing she barely knows him. Meanwhile, Liv complicates things between Jessica and Ron and Maya hits it off with an attractive guy who gives her an offer she can’t refuse…or can she? And the chance to hook up is in Bruce’s favor when he meets a woman who is into red-heads, but things quickly begin to look grim when a famous red-head also enters the bar.
Melissa & Joey - "Born to Run" (ABC Family, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Mel's father sends out a racy photograph; Ryder tries to come up with a winning business idea.
Baby Daddy - "Play It Again, Bonnie" (ABC Family, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Bonnie asks Tucker for help in reconnecting with her former boyfriend.
Hot in Cleveland - "The Undead" (TV Land, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Elka (Betty White) throws a fake funeral for Victoria so she can join her husband in hiding. Her nemesis, Susan Lucci attends. Simon (Craig Ferguson) and Joy face a dilemma in their relationship.
Guest Stars: Craig Ferguson, Susan Lucci, Matt Iseman, David Cheaney, Laird MacIntosh
The Soul Man - "Oh My Goddy" (TV Land, 11:00PM ET/PT)
Boyce feels the pressure when he's nominated for a big award. So he goes above and beyond to brand himself as the "Second Chance Preacher."
Tyler Perry's For Better or Worse - "Reunited" (OWN, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Joseph and Leslie work on their relationship.
Wednesday, April 16
- Kunal Nayyar (The Big Bang Theory) - Watch Kunal on The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:37am on CBS.
- Denis Leary (The Job) - Denis appears on a repeat of Comedy Central's The Daily Show with Jon Stewart at 11pm.
- Whitney Cummings (Whitney) - Whitney is part of the guest panel on Chelsea Lately on E! at 11pm.
- Tracy Morgan (30 Rock/The Tracy Morgan Show) - Tracy visits Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Adam Scott (Parks and Recreation) - Adam appears on The Pete Holmes Show at midnight on TBS.
- Whoopi Goldberg (Whoopi/Bagdad Cafe) - Whoopi previews her new Lifetime movie A Day Late and a Dollar Short on LIVE! with Kelly and Michael, so check your listings.
- Billy Crystal (Soap) - Billy stops by The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Kristin Chenoweth (Kristin) - Kristin talks about new animated movie Rio 2 and her upcoming show at Carnegie Hall on The Wendy Williams Show at 12am on BET or on your local stations.
- Alan Thicke (Growing Pains) - Alan talks about his TV and music career, his son Robin and new reality series, Unusually Thicke, on Katie, so check your local listings. He will also be on The Couch on WLNY 10/55 in New York between 7-9am. Finally, he is a guest on Big Morning Buzz Live on VH1 at 10am.
- Judy Greer (Mad Love/Arrested Development/Miss Guided) - Judy takes us on a trip to her happy place...the drugstore on Rachael Ray, so check your local listings.
- Tasha Smith (Tyler Perry's For Better or Worse/The Tom Show/Boston Common) and Michael Jai White (Tyler Perry's For Better or Worse) - Tasha and Jai are guests on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Marlon Wayans (The Wayans Bros.) - Marlon stops by Conan at 11pm on TBS. He will also be on Steve Harvey, so check your local listings.
- Christopher Meloni (Surviving Jack/The Fanelli Boys) - Christopher is a guest on NBC's Today in the 9am hour. He will also be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Valerie Harper (Rhoda/The Mary Tyler Moore Show/Valerie) - Valerie talks about Signed, Sealed, Delivered (premieres April 20 on Hallmark Channel) on NBC's Today in the 10am hour. She will also be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET. She is a guest on Howard Stern.
- Jaime Pressly (My Name Is Earl/I Hate My Teenage Daughter) - Jaime appears on The Queen Latifah Show, so check your local listings.
- Seth Green (Dads/Greg the Bunny) - Seth is a guest on a repeat of @midnight at 12am on Comedy Central.