Monday, August 01, 2011
TBS usually makes changes to its regular daytime schedule and this year they will as well. The changes start the week after The Big Bang Theory joins the line-up. Starting Monday, Sept. 26, we have these changes. Saved by the Bell fans you know you lost the 7am hour to Home Improvement earlier this year, but now the comedy will lose its 8am hour as well, as Fresh Prince of Bel-Air will move to the 8am hour. It seems as if the Saved by the Bell contract will be expiring from the network, as it is not on the line-up anymore. We are not 100% sure if the contract is expiring, but we will find out soon. The last time the contract was renewed was in Fall 2006. The series has been on TBS since 1992.
UPDATE: The Saved by the Bell contract is expiring in March 2012, so it will be on hiatus for now.
Moving on, the 9am hour will now be another Fresh Prince airing followed by House of Payne, in a new timeslot. Also Meet the Browns will air at 10am, followed by Yes, Dear which gets a time improvement. Another Yes, Dear will air at 11am, followed by Everybody Loves Raymond at 11:30am. According to Jim's first airing moves to 12 noon, while Meet the Browns remains at 12:30pm, so it gained a second airing at 10am. The 1pm hour will remain the same with American Dad! and My Name is Earl, as will Everybody Loves Raymond at 2pm. TBS will add a third airing of Friends and will air it at 2:30pm (in addition to 4-5pm). And the final change will be The Office and According to Jim switching half-hours at 3pm. The late afternoon/early evening line-up of Friends, Everybody Loves Raymond, The King of Queens and Seinfeld, will remain intact from 4pm-8pm. If you counted, Everybody Loves Raymond will air four times a day (11:30am, 2pm, and 5-6pm)! We will keep you up to date if anything changes.
View the TBS Fall 2011 schedule because it all started with the big bang!
ION Television furthers its programming strategy of providing high-quality content with the acquisition of three of television's critically-acclaimed and highly popular series, Psych and Monk from Universal Cable Productions and House from Universal Media Studios.
As part of the content package, ION Television attains the right to air six and future seasons of the detective series Psych, marking the first time the series has been syndicated on a broadcast network. Meanwhile, the Emmy(R) Award winning series Monk comes to ION with all eight complete seasons. Both Psych and Monk will join the ION Television line-up this month airing every night starting with a marathon on Sunday, August 21, 2011! Monk will kick things off on Sunday, Aug. 21 from 6pm-10pm, with the first four episodes, followed by the first five episodes of Psych from 10pm-3am. Monk will regularly air weeknights at 12am, with Fridays being extended to 3am, and on weekends from 6pm-9pm. Psych will air Thursday nights from 1-3am and weekends from 10pm-3am both following Monk. The rest of the line-up remains the same, but M*A*S*H and My Name is Earl filler airings on weekends are not present for these few weeks. We'll let you know if they return in September, so stay tuned for our Fall 2011 schedule for ION Television!
Additionally, ION obtains rights to the Emmy(R) Award winning medical drama House starting in fall 2012 airing two times per week for one year. The three hit series join ION Television's primetime schedule of the popular off-net series Without a Trace, Criminal Minds, Ghost Whisperer, My Name Is Earl, along with ION's first original police drama Flashpoint.
View the new August 2011 schedule for ION Television starting Aug. 21. And stay with us for any further changes come Fall 2011.
NBC is up today at the TCA Summer 2011 Press Tour. We'll have a recap of the day's events tomorrow...so come on back!
New on DVD/Blu-ray (March/April)
03/03 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - Now... In Living Color! (Blu-ray)
03/07 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - Mama's Family - Mama's Favorites
03/07 - That '70s Show - The Complete Series - Flashback Edition (Blu-ray)
03/07 - What I Like About You - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - You Me Her - Season One
03/14 - Newhart - The Final (Eighth) Season
03/14 - Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt - Season Two
03/21 - Master of None - Season One
04/04 - Diff'rent Strokes - The Complete Fifth Season
04/11 - Father Knows Best - Season Five
04/11 - Schitt's Creek - The Complete Third Season
04/11 - Silicon Valley - The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
04/11 - Veep - The Complete Fifth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Sunday, April 30
Bob's Burgers - "Like Gene for Chocolate" (Fox, 7:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
When Gene learns that the formula for his favorite chocolate has changed, he works with the head of the company in an attempt to remedy the situation. Meanwhile, Bob gets wrapped up in one of Teddy’s less-than-perfect plans.
Bob's Burgers - "Thelma & Louise Except Thelma Is Linda" (Fox, 7:30PM ET/PT)
After Louise gets in trouble at school, Linda is forced to meet with Mr. Frond (guest voice David Herman) and potentially could lose her hard-earned position as the Wagstaff bake sale leader. When she finds out that her daughter was actually trying to help another student, Linda is torn between following school policy or her own moral code.
The Simpsons - "Looking for Mr. Goodbart" (Fox, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Bart gets in trouble on Grandparents Day at school and is forced to hang out with Skinner’s mother as punishment. After spending time with various grandmas in the neighborhood, he learns the benefits of hanging out with the elderly, but eventually recognizes the dangers of taking advantage of them. Meanwhile, Peekimon Get has taken over the town of Springfield.
Making History - "Night Cream" (Fox, 8:30PM ET/PT)
With the ever-present threat of losing tenure looming over him, Chris reaches out to John Hancock and Samuel Adams to help spice things up in the classroom in 2017. Meanwhile, Deb's dream of re-opening Chadwick's ice cream parlor is finally coming to fruition, but Dan has a few marketing ideas of his own.
Family Guy - "The Peter Principal" (Fox, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Peter becomes the temporary principal at the high school, and Meg uses his new power to get even with her bullies. Meanwhile, Brian and Stewie open a bed & breakfast that quickly turns into a brothel.
The Last Man on Earth - "The Big Day" (Fox, 9:30PM ET/PT)
Tandy and Gail face off in a major disagreement, on which the whole group must weigh in, and Carol is forced to choose a side. Meanwhile, Melissa, Todd and Erica each have major milestone moments.
Sunday, April 30
- NeNe Leakes (The New Normal) - Catch NeNe on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Chris Pratt (Parks and Recreation) - Watch Chris on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. He will also be on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am and LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- America Ferrera (Superstore) - America drops by Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Ike Barinholtz (The Mindy Project) - Ike appears on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Joel McHale (The Great Indoors/Community) - Joel is a guest on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Jake Johnson (New Girl) - Jake visits The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Hank Azaria (Brockmire/The Simpsons/Free Agents) - Hank stops by Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Al Madrigal (About a Boy/Welcome to the Captain/Gary Unmarried) - Al appears on Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Kevin Nealon (Man with a Plan/Weeds/Hiller and Diller/Champs) - Kevin is a guest on Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Ashton Kutcher (The Ranch/Two and a Half Men/That '70s Show) - Ashton appears on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Allison Janney (Mom/Mr. Sunshine) - Allison teams up with Mario Batali to make a cheesy, decadent Gnocchi Al Telefono and dishes about her new Broadway show on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Charlie Hunnam (Undeclared) - Charlie will be on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am. He will also be on the AOL Build Show at 11:15am.
- Nick Robinson (Melissa & Joey) - Nick talks about his new film Everything, Everything on the AOL Build Show at 1pm.
- Jodie Sweetin (Hollywood Darlings/Fuller House/Full House) - Jodie is a guest on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.