Monday, August 01, 2011
TBS usually makes changes to its regular daytime schedule and this year they will as well. The changes start the week after The Big Bang Theory joins the line-up. Starting Monday, Sept. 26, we have these changes. Saved by the Bell fans you know you lost the 7am hour to Home Improvement earlier this year, but now the comedy will lose its 8am hour as well, as Fresh Prince of Bel-Air will move to the 8am hour. It seems as if the Saved by the Bell contract will be expiring from the network, as it is not on the line-up anymore. We are not 100% sure if the contract is expiring, but we will find out soon. The last time the contract was renewed was in Fall 2006. The series has been on TBS since 1992.
UPDATE: The Saved by the Bell contract is expiring in March 2012, so it will be on hiatus for now.
Moving on, the 9am hour will now be another Fresh Prince airing followed by House of Payne, in a new timeslot. Also Meet the Browns will air at 10am, followed by Yes, Dear which gets a time improvement. Another Yes, Dear will air at 11am, followed by Everybody Loves Raymond at 11:30am. According to Jim's first airing moves to 12 noon, while Meet the Browns remains at 12:30pm, so it gained a second airing at 10am. The 1pm hour will remain the same with American Dad! and My Name is Earl, as will Everybody Loves Raymond at 2pm. TBS will add a third airing of Friends and will air it at 2:30pm (in addition to 4-5pm). And the final change will be The Office and According to Jim switching half-hours at 3pm. The late afternoon/early evening line-up of Friends, Everybody Loves Raymond, The King of Queens and Seinfeld, will remain intact from 4pm-8pm. If you counted, Everybody Loves Raymond will air four times a day (11:30am, 2pm, and 5-6pm)! We will keep you up to date if anything changes.
View the TBS Fall 2011 schedule because it all started with the big bang!
ION Television furthers its programming strategy of providing high-quality content with the acquisition of three of television's critically-acclaimed and highly popular series, Psych and Monk from Universal Cable Productions and House from Universal Media Studios.
As part of the content package, ION Television attains the right to air six and future seasons of the detective series Psych, marking the first time the series has been syndicated on a broadcast network. Meanwhile, the Emmy(R) Award winning series Monk comes to ION with all eight complete seasons. Both Psych and Monk will join the ION Television line-up this month airing every night starting with a marathon on Sunday, August 21, 2011! Monk will kick things off on Sunday, Aug. 21 from 6pm-10pm, with the first four episodes, followed by the first five episodes of Psych from 10pm-3am. Monk will regularly air weeknights at 12am, with Fridays being extended to 3am, and on weekends from 6pm-9pm. Psych will air Thursday nights from 1-3am and weekends from 10pm-3am both following Monk. The rest of the line-up remains the same, but M*A*S*H and My Name is Earl filler airings on weekends are not present for these few weeks. We'll let you know if they return in September, so stay tuned for our Fall 2011 schedule for ION Television!
Additionally, ION obtains rights to the Emmy(R) Award winning medical drama House starting in fall 2012 airing two times per week for one year. The three hit series join ION Television's primetime schedule of the popular off-net series Without a Trace, Criminal Minds, Ghost Whisperer, My Name Is Earl, along with ION's first original police drama Flashpoint.
View the new August 2011 schedule for ION Television starting Aug. 21. And stay with us for any further changes come Fall 2011.
NBC is up today at the TCA Summer 2011 Press Tour. We'll have a recap of the day's events tomorrow...so come on back!
New on DVD/Blu-ray (February/March)
02/07 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - Sabrina Down Under
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 1 - School's Cool - Boy Crazy
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 2 - About a Family - Hangin' Out
02/07 - 227 - The Complete First Season (Mill Creek)
02/07 - Vice Principals - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
02/14 - Beavis and Butt-Head - The Complete Collection
02/14 - Grace and Frankie - Season Two
02/28 - Fuller House - The Complete First Season
03/03 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - Now... In Living Color! (Blu-ray)
03/07 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - Mama's Family - Mama's Favorites
03/07 - That '70s Show - The Complete Series - Flashback Edition (Blu-ray)
03/07 - What I Like About You - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - You Me Her - Season One
03/14 - Newhart - The Final (Eighth) Season
03/14 - Unbrekable Kimmy Schmidt - Season Two
03/21 - Master of None - Season One
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Wednesday, March 22
The Goldbergs - "O Captain! My Captain!" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Beverly substitutes for Barry’s chemistry class in hopes to inspire students in the same way as Mr. Keating from “Dead Poets Society,” much to Barry’s embarrassment. When Beverly refuses to give Barry special treatment, Murray pushes Barry to work hard and prove to her that he can get a good grade.
Speechless - "R-O--ROAD T-R--TRIP" (ABC, 8:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
The family goes on an annual impromptu family road trip, but Ray has something in store, which angers Maya when she finds out what it is. But Maya’s relentlessness proves to be helpful when she takes control of an emergency situation involving Ray’s appendix.
Modern Family - "Ringmaster Keifth" (ABC, 9:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Trying to recover from his Thanksgiving debacle, Cam decides to treat the family to a New Year’s Day feast. After realizing that Cam’s recent attempt is also a complete fail and in order to salvage their meal, Mitch uses a “concierge gift card” that he received as a Christmas gift. Cam soon discovers that the concierge who is on his way to save the day is none other than his ex-boyfriend, Keifth (Kelsey Grammar), a former circus ringmaster who left him without saying goodbye. Meanwhile, Phil’s dad, Frank (Fred Willard) arrives with his new girlfriend, who happens to be Phil’s childhood babysitter, which sets him on a confusing tailspin. Finally, Gloria and Jay have to decide who should take care of little Joe if something should ever happen to them.
black-ish - "40 Acres and a Vote" (ABC, 9:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
With Obama leaving office and the upcoming election, Dre finds a new candidate to believe in – Junior. Junior is running for class president and is overqualified for the job, but he just can’t seem to connect with his fellow classmates. Dre becomes his campaign manager and tries to make Junior appeal to the masses. Meanwhile, Pops, Johan and Jack discuss why they’re not voting in the upcoming election, and Bow is worried that Zoey’s college essay is not going to get her into college.
Schitt's Creek - "Stop Saying Lice!" (Pop, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Johnny tries to stop the spread of lice; Moira tries to get out of having a garden named after her.
Wednesday, March 22
- America Ferrera (Superstore) - Watch America on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC. She will also be on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Woody Harrelson (Cheers) - Woody stops by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Michael McKean (Laverne & Shirley) - Michael appears on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- H. Jon Benjamin (Bob's Burgers) - H. Jon is a guest on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Kristen Bell (The Good Place) - Kristen visits Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Josh Gad (The Comedians/1600 Penn/Back to You) - Josh drops by The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Judy Greer (Married/Mad Love/Miss Guided) - Judy appears on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Greg Proops (True Jackson, VP) - Greg is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Eugene Mirman (Bob's Burgers) - Eugene appears on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Laura Dern (Enlightened) - Laura stops by Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo. She also talks about Wilson and The Founder on NBC's Today in the 9am hour.
- Kate Walsh (Bad Judge/The Drew Carey Show) - Kate is a guest on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Mark Consuelos (Alpha House/Hope & Faith) - Mark guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Lena Dunham (Girls) - Lena is a guest on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Sanaa Lathan (Family Guy/The Cleveland Show/LateLine) - Sanaa joins the Chew Crew on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT. She will also be on the AOL Build Show at 1pm.
- Rhea Perlman (Cheers/Kirstie) - Rhea talks about Me and My Grandma on NBC's Today in the 9am hour. She will also be on the AOL Build Show at 4:30pm.