Thursday, August 11, 2011
ION Television Fall 2011 Schedule; Nick at Nite Makes Edits To Edits; Lopez Tonight Canceled, Office Reruns Fills in
The rest of the fall schedule will be the same as we announced for the Aug. 21 schedule. The only changes to fall, as of now, is the expansion of 1-3pm every weekday. View the ION Television Fall 2011 schedule. If anything changes in October or even to this schedule, we will let you know, so as they say in the TV world, stay tuned...
It was just yesterday we gave you the last minute Nick at Nite schedule changes that will begin on Monday, but now before it even starts, Nick at Nite has made edits to the edits! The most notable change is The Nanny will be off the schedule completely, as it was set to move to 3am. Now it is off the line-up, as Nick at Nite made some edits from 11pm-5am. Everybody Hates Chris is getting a second life, as it will air weeknights in the 2am hour and three in a row every night from approx. 4:30-6am. Also not on the schedule anymore will be Home Improvement, which was only scheduled to air Sunday nights at 2am. Both The Nanny and Home Improvement will still be seen on sister network TV Land. Finally, Family Matters has been reduced to only the 6am hour. See the full schedule, because we won't go into more detail here as we did a story yesterday already.
Finally, in some sad news, TBS has canceled Lopez Tonight after nearly two years on air. Tonight will be the final episode for the late night talk show starring George Lopez and will feature guests including Eva Longoria tonight, who was his first ever guest. The series has faltered in the ratings since moving to 12 midnight back in November when Conan started and made the show move from 11pm to 12am. When we gave you TBS' Fall 2011 schedule, Lopez Tonight was of course on that schedule, but the cancelation announcement was made yesterday. Filling in for Lopez Tonight starting next week will be back-to-back episodes of The Office (it is unclear what will air in the encore time period of 2am, but likely the 3am movie will move up to 2am). We will have more on this soon, if anything else will air in this timeslot in the fall, so stay with us for further updates!
New on DVD/Blu-ray (May)
05/03 - Mad About You - The Complete Series
05/03 - The Jim Gaffigan Show - Season One
05/10 - Newhart - The Complete Fifth Season
05/17 - Angie Tribeca - The Complete First Season
05/17 - The Facts of Life - The Final (Ninth) Season
05/24 - The Wonder Years - Season Five
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Friday, May 27
The Simpsons - "Love Is in the N2-O2-Ar-CO2-Ne-He-CH4" (Fox, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Lonely Professor Fink uses science to turn himself into a man whom women find attractive. Then, overwhelmed by the attention, he invents an algorithm to perfectly pair the lonely men and women of Springfield, realizing that scientific exploration is his true love. Meanwhile, Marge, Bart, and Lisa visit Grampa for Valentine’s Day and try to rescue the old folks from a drug-induced hallucination that allows them to relive their happiest memories.
The Simpsons - "Gal of Constant Sorrow" (Fox, 8:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
After Bart accidentally sends a sweet homeless woman’s cart into the river, he allows her to live in his closet for a small fee. When Lisa discovers that the woman is an incredible folk singer, she offers her own closet and plans a concert, only to be disappointed by Hettie’s surprising substance abuse and violent nature. Meanwhile Homer tries to prove he’s handy, but accidentally traps the cat in the walls of the house.
Tyler Perry's For Better or Worse - "True Intentions" (OWN, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Angela and Leslie are shocked when Jennifer confesses she has been keeping a secret.
Friday, May 27
- Maya Rudolph (Up All Night) - Watch Maya on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Martin Short (Mulaney/The Martin Short Show) - Martin is a guest on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Rashida Jones (Angie Tribeca/Parks and Recreation/The Office) - Rashida visits The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. She also talks about Angie Tribeca on NBC's Today in the 9am hour.
- Amanda Peet (Togetherness/Bent) - Amanda appears on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Max Greenfield (New Girl/Modern Men) - Max is a guest on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Jason Jones (The Detour) - Jason appears on a repeat of Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Fran Drescher (The Nanny/Happily Divorced) - Fran is a guest on a repeat of The Meredith Vieira Show, so check your local listings.
- Lizzy Caplan (The Class/Party Down) - Lizzy talks about Now You See Me 2 on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Craig Ferguson (The Drew Carey Show) - Craig appears on a repeat of Rachael Ray, so check your local listings.
- Danica McKellar (The Wonder Years) - Danica talks about the Hallmark Channel original movie Wedding Bells on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Ernie Hudson (Grace and Frankie/The Last Precinct) - Ernie shares a fun flashback from the original Ghostbusters on People Now at 8:30am.
- Sam Waterson (Grace and Frankie) - Sam talks about Grace and Frankie on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- Steve Harvey (The Steve Harvey Show) - Steve is a guest on a repeat of The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- David Alan Grier (The Carmichael Show/Life with Bonnie/DAG) - David appears on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Ashton Kutcher (The Ranch/TWo and a Half Men/That '70s Show) - Ashton is a guest on Chelsea on Netflix.