Friday, April 29, 2011
TeenNick Adds Buffy, Brings Back Saved by the Bell in May 2011; Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows (Week of May 2, 2011)
You thought nothing could be as intense and terrifying as high school. But Buffy and the Scooby Gang contend with all the same high school drama you do – but with demons and evil around every corner it’s even more treacherous. While the struggles of teendom can make you feel like something is the end of the world, in Sunnydale the ups and downs are literally Apocalyptic. Buffy the Vampire Slayer will air every day of the week from 10pm-12am and 2-4am, starting on Monday, May 9 only on TeenNick!
And finally of note on TeenNick, the sitcom Saved by the Bell is coming back to TeenNick after a long hiatus. The series apparently hasn't aired in nearly two years (has it been that long?). It's alright because it's "saved by the bell." The series will air in the after school hour of 3-4pm ET starting Monday, May 9 on TeenNick. Of course, Screech and the gang are everyday staples on TBS every morning since the early '90s and that will continue for many more years I think. Other series airing on TeenNick still are sitcoms That '70s Show and What I Like About You, but it seems One on One is leaving the late night schedule on weekends. And finally, a Memorial Day weekend marathon of True Jackson airs Saturday, May 28 through Monday, May 30 from noon–7pm ET.
Moving on to some wedding news (I'm sure everyone watched some of the Royal Wedding this morning), our friends at TV Tango have sketched out the top 10 comedy sketches that parody the Royal Family. You can feast on video clips from SNL, Kids in the Hall, Monty Python, The Carol Burnett Show and more. Check out their picks and see if you agree!
It's Friday, so it is time for "Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows" for the coming week. This is where we list what sitcom stars are appearing on talk shows for the coming week, the stars are both current and past sitcom stars (but we won't cover movie stars like Tom Hanks or John Travolta, since they won't be talking about their past sitcoms likely), so this is for all sitcom fans of all eras!
For the week of May 2-6, 2011, we have many current sitcom stars and past sitcom stars on TV talk shows! So get your DVR's (or whatever you use) ready! Ready? Here is all what you need to know for the coming week!
Monday, May 2, 2011
- Mindy Kaling (The Office) - Watch Mindy on the Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:37am on CBS.
- Yvette Nicole Brown (Community) - Catch Yvette on Lopez Tonight at 12am on TBS.
- Niecy Nash (Do Not Disturb/Reno 911!) - Niecy drops by The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Steve Carrell (The Office) - Steve visits The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check listings. We'll miss him on The Office.
- Terry Crews (Are We There Yet?/Everybody Hates Chris) - Terry bakes New York-style crumb cake on The Martha Stewart Show at 1pm on Hallmark.
- Marlo Thomas (That Girl) - Marlo appears on The Joy Behar Show on HLN at 10pm ET.
- Ty Burrell (Modern Family/Back to You/Out of Practice) - Watch the hilarious Ty on The Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Atticus Shaffer (The Middle) - Catch the young and talented Atticus on Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Kaley Cuoco (The Big Bang Theory/8 Simple Rules) - The lovely Kaley appears on Lopez Tonight at 12am on TBS.
- Betty White (Hot in Cleveland/The Golden Girls/The Mary Tyler Moore Show) - The legendary Ms. White makes her first ever guest host appearance The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Melissa McCarthy (Mike & Molly) - Melissa stops by LIVE! with Regis & Kelly, so check your listings.
- Dick Van Dyke (The Dick Van Dyke Show) - The legendary Mr. Van Dyke talks about his book My Lucky Life In and Out of Show Business: A Memoir on Today on NBC between 7-9am.
- Alec Baldwin (30 Rock) - Watch Alec on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon at 12:37am on NBC.
- Melissa McCarthy (Mike & Molly) - Melissa continues to make the rounds on Chelsea Lately on E! at 11pm.
- Dick Van Dyke (The Dick Van Dyke Show) - Dick visits the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Estelle Harris (Seinfeld), Patricia Richardson (Home Improvment, Marion Ross (Happy Days) - A trio of TV mothers appear on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- John Krasinski (The Office) - Catch John on LIVE! with Regis & Kelly, so check your listings. He'll also be on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check listings.
- Terry Crews (Are We There Yet?/Everybody Hates Chris) - Terry drops by The Mo'nique Show at 11pm on BET.
- Tina Fey (30 Rock) - Catch the funny lady Tina on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon at 12:37am on NBC.
- John Krasinski (The Office) - John stops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Amy Poehler (Parks and Recreation) - The funny Amy chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Betty White (Hot in Cleveland/The Golden Girls/The Mary Tyler Moore Show) - Betty visits The Joy Behar Show at 10pm ET on HLN.
- Olivia Munn (Perfect Couples) - Olivia appears on Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:37am on CBS.
- Tom Hanks (Bosom Buddies) - Tom looks back at some of his most memorable appearances on the show and favorite, funniest moments on The Oprah Winfrey Show, so check your local listings.
Leave us comments on our message board or Tweet/Facebook us to let us know what you think of this Friday feature! We do listen!
New on DVD/Blu-ray (September)
09/06 - Coach - Season One (Mill Creek) / Season Two / Seasons One and Two
09/06 - South Park - The Complete Ninteenth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Ninth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - Newhart - The Complete Sixth Season
09/20 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Fifth Season
09/20 - Family Matters - The Complete Eighth Season
09/20 - Modern Family - The Complete Season 7
09/20 - Veep - Season 5
09/27 - The Wonder Years - Season Six
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Thursday, October 27
The Big Bang Theory - "The Fetal Kick Catalyst" (CBS, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Penny is surprised to learn she has fans of her performance in “Serial Ape-ist” when she attends Van Nuys Comic Con with Leonard. Also, Amy hosts a Sheldon-style brunch at Penny’s apartment, and Wolowitz makes an impulsive purchase when he starts stressing out about the baby on the way.
The Great Indoors - "Pilot" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Joel McHale stars as Jack, a renowned adventure reporter for an outdoor magazine who must adapt to the times when he becomes the new desk-bound boss to a group of millennials in the digital department of the publication.
Mom - "High-Tops and Brown Jacket" (CBS, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Bonnie and Adam’s relationship is tested when he moves in with her and Christy for a few weeks. Also, Christy learns the hard way that it may be a mistake to try and meet men with Jill.
Life in Pieces - "Annulled Roommate Pill Shower" (CBS, 9:30PM ET/PT)
Heather and Tim enlist Clementine’s unusual parents, Mary-Lynn (Megan Mullally) and Spencer (Nick Offerman), to help convince Clementine and Tyler to annul their unexpected marriage. Also, Tommy moves in with Colleen, to the chagrin of her roommate, Dougie (Fortune Feimster); John and Joan run into “complications” after John takes the wrong dose of his daily pill; and Jen and Greg keep a secret from the family.
Superstore - "Halloween Theft" (NBC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Dina (Lauren Ash) throws a wrench in everyone's Halloween plans when something goes missing from the store and declares that no employee can leave until someone confesses to stealing. Amy (America Ferrera) is determined to find out who is responsible because she doesn't want to miss trick-or-treating with her daughter and Mateo (Nico Santos) prepares for his secret date with Jeff (recurring guest star Michael Bunin). Meanwhile, Jonah (Ben Feldman) and Cheyenne (Nichole Bloom) struggle to bond until they discover they have more in common than they thought. Garrett (Colton Dunn) has a difficult time defending himself during the store-wide investigation.
The Good Place - "Most Improved Player" (NBC, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Michael (Ted Danson) has a private meeting with Eleanor (Kristen Bell). Meanwhile, Chidi (William Jackson Harper), who has been harboring a secret, contemplates what to do.
Better Things - "Scary Fun" (FX, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Sam makes a point.
Thursday, October 27
- Martin Short (Mulaney/The Martin Short Show) - Catch Martin on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Mary-Louise Parker (Weeds) - Mary-Louise visits The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- January Jones (The Last Man on Earth) - January appears on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Lauren Lapkus (Clipped/Are You There, Chelsea?) - Lauren is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Abbi Jacobson (Broad City) - Abbi visits Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Ron Howard (Happy Days/The Andy Griffith Show) - Ron appears on Chelsea on Netflix. He also talks about Inferno on NBC's Today in the 10am hour and on the AOL Build Show at 2:30pm.
- Nathan Lane (Modern Family/Charlie Lawrence/Encore! Encore!), John Goodman (Roseanne/Normal, Ohio) and John Slattery (Maggie) - They talk about Broadway's The Front Page on The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Joel McHale (The Great Indoors/Community) - Joel guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Miley Cyrus (Hannah Montana) - Miley is a guest on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Eva Longoria (Telenovela) - Eva appears on The Wendy Williams Show, so check your local listings.
- Angelique Cabral (Life in Pieces/Enlisted) - Angelique talks about Life in Pieces on the AOL Build Show at 11am.