Friday, April 29, 2011
TeenNick Adds Buffy, Brings Back Saved by the Bell in May 2011; Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows (Week of May 2, 2011)
You thought nothing could be as intense and terrifying as high school. But Buffy and the Scooby Gang contend with all the same high school drama you do – but with demons and evil around every corner it’s even more treacherous. While the struggles of teendom can make you feel like something is the end of the world, in Sunnydale the ups and downs are literally Apocalyptic. Buffy the Vampire Slayer will air every day of the week from 10pm-12am and 2-4am, starting on Monday, May 9 only on TeenNick!
And finally of note on TeenNick, the sitcom Saved by the Bell is coming back to TeenNick after a long hiatus. The series apparently hasn't aired in nearly two years (has it been that long?). It's alright because it's "saved by the bell." The series will air in the after school hour of 3-4pm ET starting Monday, May 9 on TeenNick. Of course, Screech and the gang are everyday staples on TBS every morning since the early '90s and that will continue for many more years I think. Other series airing on TeenNick still are sitcoms That '70s Show and What I Like About You, but it seems One on One is leaving the late night schedule on weekends. And finally, a Memorial Day weekend marathon of True Jackson airs Saturday, May 28 through Monday, May 30 from noon–7pm ET.
Moving on to some wedding news (I'm sure everyone watched some of the Royal Wedding this morning), our friends at TV Tango have sketched out the top 10 comedy sketches that parody the Royal Family. You can feast on video clips from SNL, Kids in the Hall, Monty Python, The Carol Burnett Show and more. Check out their picks and see if you agree!
It's Friday, so it is time for "Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows" for the coming week. This is where we list what sitcom stars are appearing on talk shows for the coming week, the stars are both current and past sitcom stars (but we won't cover movie stars like Tom Hanks or John Travolta, since they won't be talking about their past sitcoms likely), so this is for all sitcom fans of all eras!
For the week of May 2-6, 2011, we have many current sitcom stars and past sitcom stars on TV talk shows! So get your DVR's (or whatever you use) ready! Ready? Here is all what you need to know for the coming week!
Monday, May 2, 2011
- Mindy Kaling (The Office) - Watch Mindy on the Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:37am on CBS.
- Yvette Nicole Brown (Community) - Catch Yvette on Lopez Tonight at 12am on TBS.
- Niecy Nash (Do Not Disturb/Reno 911!) - Niecy drops by The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Steve Carrell (The Office) - Steve visits The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check listings. We'll miss him on The Office.
- Terry Crews (Are We There Yet?/Everybody Hates Chris) - Terry bakes New York-style crumb cake on The Martha Stewart Show at 1pm on Hallmark.
- Marlo Thomas (That Girl) - Marlo appears on The Joy Behar Show on HLN at 10pm ET.
- Ty Burrell (Modern Family/Back to You/Out of Practice) - Watch the hilarious Ty on The Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Atticus Shaffer (The Middle) - Catch the young and talented Atticus on Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Kaley Cuoco (The Big Bang Theory/8 Simple Rules) - The lovely Kaley appears on Lopez Tonight at 12am on TBS.
- Betty White (Hot in Cleveland/The Golden Girls/The Mary Tyler Moore Show) - The legendary Ms. White makes her first ever guest host appearance The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Melissa McCarthy (Mike & Molly) - Melissa stops by LIVE! with Regis & Kelly, so check your listings.
- Dick Van Dyke (The Dick Van Dyke Show) - The legendary Mr. Van Dyke talks about his book My Lucky Life In and Out of Show Business: A Memoir on Today on NBC between 7-9am.
- Alec Baldwin (30 Rock) - Watch Alec on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon at 12:37am on NBC.
- Melissa McCarthy (Mike & Molly) - Melissa continues to make the rounds on Chelsea Lately on E! at 11pm.
- Dick Van Dyke (The Dick Van Dyke Show) - Dick visits the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Estelle Harris (Seinfeld), Patricia Richardson (Home Improvment, Marion Ross (Happy Days) - A trio of TV mothers appear on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- John Krasinski (The Office) - Catch John on LIVE! with Regis & Kelly, so check your listings. He'll also be on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check listings.
- Terry Crews (Are We There Yet?/Everybody Hates Chris) - Terry drops by The Mo'nique Show at 11pm on BET.
- Tina Fey (30 Rock) - Catch the funny lady Tina on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon at 12:37am on NBC.
- John Krasinski (The Office) - John stops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Amy Poehler (Parks and Recreation) - The funny Amy chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Betty White (Hot in Cleveland/The Golden Girls/The Mary Tyler Moore Show) - Betty visits The Joy Behar Show at 10pm ET on HLN.
- Olivia Munn (Perfect Couples) - Olivia appears on Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:37am on CBS.
- Tom Hanks (Bosom Buddies) - Tom looks back at some of his most memorable appearances on the show and favorite, funniest moments on The Oprah Winfrey Show, so check your local listings.
Leave us comments on our message board or Tweet/Facebook us to let us know what you think of this Friday feature! We do listen!
New on DVD/Blu-ray (November)
11/03 - Californication - The Complete Series
11/03 - Getting On - The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
11/03 - Hank (1965-66) - The Complete Series
11/03 - I Love Lucy - The Complete Series
11/03 - Men at Work - The Complete Second Season
11/03 - That '70s Show - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
11/03 - 'Til Death - The Complete Third Season
11/10 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - The Complete Remastered Series (DVD)
11/10 - Maude - The Complete Third Season
11/10 - WKRP in Cincinnati - The Complete Final (Fourth) Season
11/17 - Cristela - The Complete First Season
11/17 - McHale's Navy - The Complete Series
11/17 - Sgt. Bilko (The Phil Silvers Show) - The Fourth Season
11/24 - George Lopez - The Complete Sixth Seaon
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Wednesday, November 25
The Middle - "Thanksgiving VI" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
The Hecks agree to forgo Thanksgiving after Frankie finds out that she’s out of a job until January and must pick up a holiday position, which requires her to work on Thanksgiving in order to make ends meet. Much to her dismay, she ends up once again having to portray an overworked 19th century woman back at Heritage Village during the Harvest Feast and finds herself going face-to-face with Sheila (Faith Ford), a woman who definitely takes her job too seriously. Meanwhile, Sue goes back to work at Spudsy’s over her holiday break in the hopes that she’ll once again run into Logan – the dreamy Abercrombie guy, Axl finds himself in foreign territory when he starts becoming emotional over how his life has turned out, and Mike and Brick find themselves needing to find a bonding experience when the electricity goes out at the house and they are forced to interact with each other.
The Goldbergs - "A Goldberg Thanksgiving" (ABC, 8:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
As a bet, Beverly challenges Erica to participate in Jazzercise after she thinks her mom’s obsession is lame. When she wins, Erica decides to opt out of celebrating Thanksgiving, so Beverly must find a way to win her daughter back to celebrate the holiday with the family. Meanwhile, uncle Marvin shows up for his annual visit to the Goldberg home and unexpectedly bonds with Adam, which annoys Murray.
Modern Family - "Three Turkeys" (ABC, 9:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Phil is cooking Thanksgiving dinner this year with Luke as his sous chef, and Claire has no confidence in them and prepares a secret turkey of her own as backup. Meanwhile, Jay and Gloria had plans to spend the holiday away, but when the trip gets canceled last minute, they decide not to tell anyone, which quickly becomes the worst idea ever since the family dinner gets suddenly moved to their house, and it turns into a mad scramble to cover their tracks. And Mitch is tired of always being the bad cop, so when Lily refuses to wear a nice dress to dinner, he forces Cameron to deal with it, and he comes up with a very unconventional approach.
black-ish - "30 Something" (ABC, 9:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Things begin to fall apart, in more ways than one, when Dre hurts himself playing basketball right before his 40th birthday. He hands the planning of his big party over to his much younger, hipper assistant, fearing he really is getting too old to be cool. Bow and Ruby face off over who can get Dre the best gift, and the kids try to figure out what to give their dad for his special day.
Talia in the Kitchen - "After the Storm" (Nickelodeon, 8:00PM ET/PT)
After Will steals Talia's spices, she hides from the hurricane.until a mysterious boy discovers her.
Wednesday, November 25
- Nathan Lane (Encore! Encore!/Charlie Lawrence) - Watch Nathan on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Melissa McCarthy (Mike & Molly/Samantha Who?) - Melissa appears on a repeat of Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- James Van Der Beek (Friends with Better Lives/Don't Trust the B---- in Apartment 23) - James is a guest on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Jay Duplass (Togetherness/Transparent) - Jay appears on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Vanessa Lachey (Truth Be Told/Dads) - Vanessa and FABLife stylists put audience members to the test with a Thanksgiving preparation trivia challenge and turkey bowling competition for prizes on FABLife, so check your local listings.
- Marlo Thomas (That Girl) - Marlo talks about the fight against cancer in children and her Thanksgiving tribute to her dear friend Robin Williams on The Dr. Oz Show, so check your local listings.
- Greg Evigan (My Two Dads) - Greg and his daughter Briana talk about the new Hallmark Channel original movie Once Upon a Holiday on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- John O'Hurley (Seinfeld/The Mullets) - John talks about The National Dog Show on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am and in the 10am hour and on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Marlo Thomas (That Girl) - Marlo appears on NBC's Today in the 9am hour.
- Holly Robinson Peete (Hangin' with Mr. Cooper/For Your Love) - Holly talk about starring in the upcoming holiday movie Angel of Christmas on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Jamie Foxx (The Jamie Foxx Show) - Jamie is a guest on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Candace Cameron Bure (Full House) - Candace is tentatively scheduled to appear on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Maura Tierney (NewsRadio) - Maura appears on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.