Friday, April 29, 2011
TeenNick Adds Buffy, Brings Back Saved by the Bell in May 2011; Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows (Week of May 2, 2011)
You thought nothing could be as intense and terrifying as high school. But Buffy and the Scooby Gang contend with all the same high school drama you do – but with demons and evil around every corner it’s even more treacherous. While the struggles of teendom can make you feel like something is the end of the world, in Sunnydale the ups and downs are literally Apocalyptic. Buffy the Vampire Slayer will air every day of the week from 10pm-12am and 2-4am, starting on Monday, May 9 only on TeenNick!
And finally of note on TeenNick, the sitcom Saved by the Bell is coming back to TeenNick after a long hiatus. The series apparently hasn't aired in nearly two years (has it been that long?). It's alright because it's "saved by the bell." The series will air in the after school hour of 3-4pm ET starting Monday, May 9 on TeenNick. Of course, Screech and the gang are everyday staples on TBS every morning since the early '90s and that will continue for many more years I think. Other series airing on TeenNick still are sitcoms That '70s Show and What I Like About You, but it seems One on One is leaving the late night schedule on weekends. And finally, a Memorial Day weekend marathon of True Jackson airs Saturday, May 28 through Monday, May 30 from noon–7pm ET.
Moving on to some wedding news (I'm sure everyone watched some of the Royal Wedding this morning), our friends at TV Tango have sketched out the top 10 comedy sketches that parody the Royal Family. You can feast on video clips from SNL, Kids in the Hall, Monty Python, The Carol Burnett Show and more. Check out their picks and see if you agree!
It's Friday, so it is time for "Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows" for the coming week. This is where we list what sitcom stars are appearing on talk shows for the coming week, the stars are both current and past sitcom stars (but we won't cover movie stars like Tom Hanks or John Travolta, since they won't be talking about their past sitcoms likely), so this is for all sitcom fans of all eras!
For the week of May 2-6, 2011, we have many current sitcom stars and past sitcom stars on TV talk shows! So get your DVR's (or whatever you use) ready! Ready? Here is all what you need to know for the coming week!
Monday, May 2, 2011
- Mindy Kaling (The Office) - Watch Mindy on the Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:37am on CBS.
- Yvette Nicole Brown (Community) - Catch Yvette on Lopez Tonight at 12am on TBS.
- Niecy Nash (Do Not Disturb/Reno 911!) - Niecy drops by The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Steve Carrell (The Office) - Steve visits The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check listings. We'll miss him on The Office.
- Terry Crews (Are We There Yet?/Everybody Hates Chris) - Terry bakes New York-style crumb cake on The Martha Stewart Show at 1pm on Hallmark.
- Marlo Thomas (That Girl) - Marlo appears on The Joy Behar Show on HLN at 10pm ET.
- Ty Burrell (Modern Family/Back to You/Out of Practice) - Watch the hilarious Ty on The Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Atticus Shaffer (The Middle) - Catch the young and talented Atticus on Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Kaley Cuoco (The Big Bang Theory/8 Simple Rules) - The lovely Kaley appears on Lopez Tonight at 12am on TBS.
- Betty White (Hot in Cleveland/The Golden Girls/The Mary Tyler Moore Show) - The legendary Ms. White makes her first ever guest host appearance The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Melissa McCarthy (Mike & Molly) - Melissa stops by LIVE! with Regis & Kelly, so check your listings.
- Dick Van Dyke (The Dick Van Dyke Show) - The legendary Mr. Van Dyke talks about his book My Lucky Life In and Out of Show Business: A Memoir on Today on NBC between 7-9am.
- Alec Baldwin (30 Rock) - Watch Alec on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon at 12:37am on NBC.
- Melissa McCarthy (Mike & Molly) - Melissa continues to make the rounds on Chelsea Lately on E! at 11pm.
- Dick Van Dyke (The Dick Van Dyke Show) - Dick visits the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Estelle Harris (Seinfeld), Patricia Richardson (Home Improvment, Marion Ross (Happy Days) - A trio of TV mothers appear on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- John Krasinski (The Office) - Catch John on LIVE! with Regis & Kelly, so check your listings. He'll also be on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check listings.
- Terry Crews (Are We There Yet?/Everybody Hates Chris) - Terry drops by The Mo'nique Show at 11pm on BET.
- Tina Fey (30 Rock) - Catch the funny lady Tina on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon at 12:37am on NBC.
- John Krasinski (The Office) - John stops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Amy Poehler (Parks and Recreation) - The funny Amy chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Betty White (Hot in Cleveland/The Golden Girls/The Mary Tyler Moore Show) - Betty visits The Joy Behar Show at 10pm ET on HLN.
- Olivia Munn (Perfect Couples) - Olivia appears on Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:37am on CBS.
- Tom Hanks (Bosom Buddies) - Tom looks back at some of his most memorable appearances on the show and favorite, funniest moments on The Oprah Winfrey Show, so check your local listings.
Leave us comments on our message board or Tweet/Facebook us to let us know what you think of this Friday feature! We do listen!
SITCOMS AIRING TONIGHT (May 23)
The Big Bang Theory - "The Santa Simulation" (CBS, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Sheldon revisits some Christmas memories during a game of Dungeons and Dragons, while Penny, Bernadette and Amy try to find a girl for Koothrappali when he joins the girls for ladies' night.
Two and a Half Men - "I Scream When I Pee" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Alan’s smokin’ hot, famous ex-wife, Kandi, wants him back. Meanwhile, Berta isn’t interested in celebrating her birthday, so Walden helps make it special. April Bowlby (“Drop Dead Diva”) returns as Alan’s second ex-wife, Kandi.
Save Me - "The Book of Beth" (NBC, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Series Premiere)
“Save Me” premieres with Emmy nominee Anne Heche (“Hung”) starring as Beth Harper, an absentee wife and mother who suffers a dramatic near-death experience and is revived only to discover that she now receives messages from God. As she warms up to her powers and begins dispensing advice that is astonishingly accurate, her husband Tom (Michael Landes, “Final Destination 2”) is skeptical and their teenage daughter Emily (Madison Davenport, “Shameless”) is horrified. Complicating matters even more, Tom’s mistress Carly (Alexandra Breckenridge, “American Horror Story”) shows up to confront Beth about the affair and quickly gets a shocking surprise.
Save Me - "Take it Back" (NBC, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Beth (Anne Heche) begins a new life on the straight and narrow and wants to make amends with old friends she has offended. Her efforts to return a long-ago stolen espresso machine to next door neighbor Maggie (Joy Osmanski) are rebuffed. Meanwhile, Tom (Michael Landes) learns to adjust to his wife’s newfound ability to communicate with God and they both try to re-establish some sense of normality with their old friends and their daughter Emily (Madison Davenport).
The Office - "Couples Discount" (NBC, 9:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
The Office pairs off into pretend couples to take advantage of a Valentine’s Day discount at a local mini-mall. Erin (Ellie Kemper) assures Pete (Jake Lacy) she will break up with Andy (Ed Helms) when he returns, but he has good reason to doubt her. Jim (John Krasinski) and Pam (Jenna Fischer) share a meal with Brian, the documentary's sound man.
Parks and Recreation - "Ms. Knope Goes to Washington" (NBC, 9:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Leslie (Amy Poehler) and Andy (Chris Pratt) visit Ben (Adam Scott) and April (Aubrey Plaza) at their new jobs in Washington D.C., and Leslie feels overwhelmed by the city -- especially after meeting two of her idols (Senators Barbara Boxer and Olympia Snowe). Meanwhile, Ron (Nick Offerman) throws a “thank you” barbeque for the entire Parks and Recreation staff.
Men at Work - "The Gibbs-Orcism" (TBS, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Tyler's new girlfriend is all too familiar to Milo and Gibbs, so they do their best to hide the truth from him. Neal and Amy do their best to avoid the "anniversary curse," but they can't seem to escape their fate.
Anger Management - "Charlie, Kate and Jen Get Romantic" (FX, 9:30PM ET/PT)
Martin tries to undermine Charlie and Kate's relationship by telling Kate that Charlie and Jennifer are getting back together.
Big Time Rush - "Big Time Bonus" (Nickelodeon, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Gustavo gives the guys a bonus for their hard work, but they quickly begin to make bad decisions with their money. Carlos hires a personal assistant, James buys a snake he can't live without, Kendall accidentally buys a truck full of oranges and Logan can't resist the power of tipping and getting favors done in return.
Wendell & Vinnie - "The Dutch & Us" (Nickelodeon, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Wendell befriends a lonely student from Holland, Jann. But when Jann abandons Wendell for a cooler crowd, Vinnie decides to help Wendell win him back by putting them in a situation where they're forced to spend time together.