Thursday, March 24, 2011
The second season of Hallmark Channel Home, Hallmark Channel's entertaining and informative daily lifestyle programming block, will premiere in September 2011. The block is headlined by the seventh season premiere of The Martha Stewart Show, the Emmy(R) Award-winning, daily series featuring a Who's Who of innovators and top personalities and inspiring ways to live life to its fullest - from cooking, crafting and collecting to decorating, gardening and even pet care, no one does it better than Martha. 140 new hours have been ordered. Also returning for its second season on Hallmark Channel is Petkeeping with Marc Morrone with 20 new half-hours. A contemporary Dr. Doolittle, Morrone is Martha Stewart's Go-to guy for all things pet related. Joining Hallmark Channel Home is Emeril Lagasse in Emeril's Table, a new daily half-hour cooking series featuring the celebrated chef and restaurateur with a table full of enthusiastic guests in each episode. 52 half-hours have been ordered. Martha follows up her popular and successful primetime holiday and interview "Martha Stewart Presents" specials with all-new Halloween and specials in primetime on Hallmark, celebrating the seasons as only this style and cultural maven can.
Hallmark Channel also announced it will partner with Hallmark Cards in an integrated, multi-platform holiday campaign to bring to life Hallmark Cards' hit interactive character, Jingle(TM) the Husky Pup. The multi-platform deal includes in-store exposure in Gold Crown stores for Hallmark Channel to drive tune-in for an animated holiday special featuring Jingle - Jingle All the Way - as well as the opportunity to drive traffic to Hallmarkchannel.com from Hallmark.com's popular "Interactive Storybook and Story Buddies(TM) Page" for exclusive trailers and behind-the-scene footage. Jingle All the Way premieres as part of Hallmark Channel's holiday-themed original programming event, "Countdown to Christmas." Jingle the Husky Pup is a very good dog who does everything he is told. Unfortunately, the only thing Jingles can't do is go home, because he doesn't have a home. But this holiday season, Jingle and all of his friends come home to Hallmark Channel, America's family network.
Finally, 25 all-new Hallmark Channel Original Movies and eight Hallmark Movie Channel Original Premiere movie will air in 2011-2012. Stars include: Wendie Malick, Catherine Bell, Kim Delaney, Sir Roger Moore, Martin Mull, Judd Nelson, Adrian Pasdar, Rhea Perlman, Teri Polo, James Patrick Stuart, Billy Ray Cyrus, Cheryl Ladd, Bruce Boxleitner, Nancy McKeon, and many more.
Centric has just added a few weekend marathons for the next few weekends. The weekend stunts kick off this coming weekend with The Jamie Foxx Show. The sitcom will air on Saturday (March 26) from 12pm-8pm and will be repeated the next day (Sunday, March 27) from 9am-5pm! Sister, Sister was removed from the regular schedule a few weeks ago for another hour of In Living Color, but Centric will give it a weekend stunt next weekend (April 2-3) with the same timings. The next weekend stunt for the weekend of April 9-10 will feature sketch comedy In Living Color. Nothing further has been announced yet, but when they do, we will let you know.
Also at Centric, they will make some schedule changes beginning next week (March 28). The Unit will join the schedule and air weekdays at 6am replacing Miami Vice, which will be moved to 8am. Everything else remains the same as it is now. The Unit will continue to air on sister network BET on weekends.
Yesterday I had free soup from Seinfeld's actual Soup Nazi in New York City, as I tweeted. The event was organized by New York station WPIX, which has reacquired the series in local syndication after 10 years. WPIX has a special "Nothing But the Big Apple" theme week all this week at 11pm & 11:30pm, focusing on classic New York episodes including "The Non-Fat Yogurt," "The Subway" and "The Soup Nazi." As part of the promotion for the move in New York, The Soup Nazi himself (actor Lary Thomas) was at Liati's Cafe in the WPIX building giving out FREE soup for lunch, taking pictures with you, and signing autographs! I also got a Seinfeld keychain and a soup bowl! If you missed it yesterday, not to worry, WPIX will be doing it today as well from 12-2pm! So if you're in New York City, head on over to 220 E. 42nd Steet (near 2nd Avenue) and meet with The Soup Nazi while eating some good soup! It isn't "no soup for you" this time, it's "soup for you!"
And then catch the classic "The Soup Nazi" episode tonight at 11pm on WPIX in New York!
New on DVD/Blu-ray (December/January)
12/06 - Family Guy - Season Fourteen
12/13 - American Dad! - Volume 11
12/13 - Newhart - The Complete Seventh Season
01/03 - Girls - The Complete Fifth Season (Blu-ray)
01/10 - Broad City - Season 3
01/17 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #2 (Colorized)
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume One
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume Two
01/24 - Hooperman - Season One
01/24 - Hooperman - Season Two
01/31 - Ballers - The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Saturday, January 21
The Thundermans - "Better Off Wed" (Nickelodeon, 8:00PM ET/PT)
The kids learn that Dr. Colosso ruined their parents' wedding years earlier, and want to recreate Hank & Barb's dream day as their anniversary gift. However, Dr. Colosso remains a threat, and they must keep their plans a secret.
Nicky, Ricky, Dicky & Dawn - "Keeping Up with the Quadashians" (Nickelodeon, 8:30PM ET/PT)
After binge watching their favorite reality TV show, the Quads decide their lives are every bit as "reality TV" worthy, and decide to make a show of their own. Guest Stars: Maddie Ziegler, Mackenzie Ziegler
School of Rock - "Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood" (Nickelodeon, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Tomika and Zack work on a love song together, leading to a moment that will change their friendship forever. Summer and Lawrence hang out together for the first time, and Freddy helps Mr. Finn with a problem.
Saturday, January 21
- Phylicia Rashad (The Cosby Show/Cosby) - Phylicia will be featured on Oprah: Where Are They Now? at 10pm ET/PT on OWN.
- NeNe Leakes (The New Normal) - Catch NeNe on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Allison Janney (Mom/Mr. Sunshine) - Watch Allison on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- William Shatner ($h*! My Dad Says) and Henry Winkler (Happy Days/Arrested Development/Out of Practice) - William and Henry are guests on a repeat of Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Kevin Nealon (Man with a Plan/Weeds/Hiller and Diller/Champs) - Kevin appears on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Jade Catta-Preta (Manhattan Love Story) - Jade is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Wendi McClendon-Covey (The Goldbergs/Rules of Engagement/Reno 911!) - Wendi stops by Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Cristela Alonzo (Cristela) - Cristela chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Tika Sumpter (The Game) - Tika appears on The Real, so check your local listings.
- Justina Machado (One Day at a Time) - Justina will be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Jerry O'Connell (We Are Men/Carpoolers/My Secret Identity) - Jerry and Rebecca Romjin talk about Love Locks on NBC's Today in the 9am hour. Jerry will also be on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT and on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Retta (Parks and Recreation) - Retta talks about Girlfriend's Guide to Divorce on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.