Wednesday, February 23, 2011
As for WPIX in NYC, we have the full details of Seinfeld's timeslots and the changes being made as a result on WNYW/WWOR! Seinfeld will start on WPIX on Sunday, March 20 at 9pm & 9:30pm with the very first two episodes. Then it will start weekdays the very next day on Monday, March 21 at 11pm & 11:30pm. Best-of episodes will be airing, so it isn't in any order. The Sunday airings will be going in order, though. As a result of Seinfeld joining the WPIX schedule, some changes will be made on three stations. Essentially WNYW is replacing Seinfeld with a third Simpsons airing at 11:30pm and a third TMZ on TV airing at 12:30am. The weekend airing will be replaced by an airing of Everybody Loves Raymond on Sundays at 11:30pm. Sister network WWOR aired the show Sundays at 7:30pm, but now they will add a second run of The Deadliest Catch. WPIX of course has made the most changes. On Sundays, they will split up Ugly Betty. It was airing 7pm and 8pm, now it will be 1pm and 7pm, with Friends moving into the 8pm hour since Seinfeld is coming at 9pm. For weekdays, Old Christine is getting the late night treatment and being reduced to just a half-hour going from 5-6pm to 1:30am. Family Guy will now air weekdays in the 6pm hour instead of 7:30pm and 1am, while Two and a Half Men gets the 7pm hour now since Seinfeld has taken the full 11pm hour. Seinfeld will lead into Curb Your Enthusiasm at 12am, to try and boost that series' ratings. And finally, Frasier is leaving local broadcast syndication nationwide before the start of the week of March 7. So, March 5 or March 6 will be the last airings. In New York, it is on WPIX and it is only airing Friday and Saturday late nights (early Saturday and Sunday mornings), but it seems American Dad! isn't doing well in the ratings as its primetime Saturday 9pm & 9:30pm airings is going to being moved to 4:30am & 5am. Ouch. It will remain in the Saturday 12am hour, though.
View the full list of changes in New York as a result of Seinfeld moving and Frasier leaving broadcast syndication.
We have some network notes for you today as well. NBC issued pickups for three returning alternative series in 2011-12 in The Biggest Loser, Who Do You Think You Are? and the singing competition series The Sing-Off. Missing from this list is Minute to Win It, which has done OK in the ratings but suffers a lot against heavy competition. Also missing is The Apprentice, but the celebrity version starts on Sunday, March 6.
Syfy has acquired both seasons (31 episodes) of the acclaimed fan-favorite Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles from Warner Bros. Domestic Television Distribution. With the movie Terminator 3 as the lead-in, the series will join the Syfy line-up on Thursday, April 7 with two episodes from 9-11PM (ET/PT). The regular time slot will be Thursdays from 7-11PM (ET/PT). Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles ran for two seasons (2007-09) on Fox and Lena Headey, Thomas Dekker, Summer Glau, Brian Austin Green, Garret Dillahunt, Shirley Manson, Leven Rambin and Richard T. Jones starred in the series. Elsewhere on Syfy April 2011, there is a Mork & Mindy sighting on Thursday, April 1, 2011 at 8am--no foolin' either! This is in addition to the March sightings. Monday, April 11, at 11am will see a filler airing of short-lived drama Moonlight. And Thursday nights (early Friday mornings) at 5am will see drama Early Edition air all month starting April 7.
And finally, CSI gets yet another airing removed on USA Network. Another episode of NCIS will replace CSI on Fridays at 9pm starting Friday, March 4, 2011. NCIS will now air on Fridays from 7pm-10pm, while CSI will air from 10pm-12am.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (April/May)
04/04 - Diff'rent Strokes - The Complete Fifth Season
04/11 - Father Knows Best - Season Five
04/11 - Schitt's Creek - The Complete Third Season
04/11 - Silicon Valley - The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
04/11 - Veep - The Complete Fifth Season
05/02 - Red, White and Blue Collar Sitcoms - Make TV Great Again
05/09 - ALF - The Complete DVD Collection
05/09 - Divorce - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
05/09 - The Wayans Bros. - The Complete Second Season
05/16 - The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air - The Complete Series
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Monday, May 22
Angie Tribeca - "License to Drill" (TBS, 10:30PM ET/PT)
Geils lands in trouble when he helps a woman investigate whether her husband is having an affair.
Young & Hungry - "Young & Amnesia" (Freeform, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Gabi attempts to cure Josh's amnesia by re-creating the first time they met.
Baby Daddy - "Daddy's Girl" (Freeform, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Riley is confined to the couch; Ben struggles to answer Emma's questions about her mother.
Monday, May 22
- Chelsea Handler (Are You There, Chelsea?) - Watch Chelsea on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC. She chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Kyle Chandler (What About Joan?) - Kyle appears on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC. He also talks about Bloodline on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am.
- Michaela Watkins (Casual/Trophy Wife) - Michaela is a guest on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Seaton Smith (Mulaney) - Seaton stops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Nicole Richie (Great News) - Nicole visits Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Nico Tortorella (Younger) - Nico appears on Harry, so check your local listings.
- Kym Whitley (Young & Hungry/Animal Practice/The Parkers) - Kym guest co-hosts The Real, so check your local listings.
- Tichina Arnold (Survivor's Remorse/Happily Divorced/Everybody Hates Chris/Martin) - Tichina appears on Harry, so check your local listings.
- Brenda Strong (The Help/Scorch) - Brenda talks about Supergirl on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Tituss Burgess (Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt) - Tituss joins Clinton Kelly to whip up a delicious delight on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Patti LaBelle (Out All Night) - Patti performs a jazz song from her new album on Steve Harvey, so check your local listings.
- Loretta Devine and Lil Rel Howery (The Carmichael Show) - Loretta and Lil are guests on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 11:30am ET.
- Zoe Lister-Jones (Life in Pieces/Friends with Better Lives/Whitney) - Zoe talks about her new comedy Band Aid on the AOL Build Show 1pm.
- Ellie Reed (Girlboss) - Ellie talks about Girlboss on the AOL Build Show at 5pm.