Monday, March 21, 2011
Now that is just for one day, the regular April schedule starts on Monday, April 4. Going through it from the original plan, I Love Lucy remains from 5am-8am, Frasier still remains from 8am-10am leading into the Martha at Home block. The Waltons will remain in the 3pm and 4pm hours, replacing the planned Touched by an Angel airings. The evening line-up also remains intact with Little House on the Prairie at 5pm & 6pm leading into a block of The Golden Girls from 7-9pm and Frasier from 9pm-11pm. Now the original post-primetime line-up had Cheers from 11pm-1am, but now Hallmark will keep The Golden Girls from 11pm-1am instead of moving it to 1am-3am. And as we revealed on Friday, Empty Nest will be back after a two week break and will air weeknights from 1am-3am, pushing Cheers to 3am-5am. Who's the Boss? is still missing from the April schedule, but we think it was a one-year deal and the contract has expired. That is not certain though and we will let you know as soon as we find out.
As for weekends, it will remain as planned from the original weekend plan. There are a few marathon changes, though. The Touched by an Angel marathon planned for Saturday, April 9 is now scrapped and the regular schedule will air instead. If you noticed, Touched by an Angel is also missing from the regular schedule as well. On Sunday, April 10, Hallmark will give a full day marathon for its newest series Frasier starting at 6am for 24 straight hours! One other marathon note, the full-day Little House on the Prairie marathon scheduled for Saturday, April 23 is now removed in favor of a full-day with The Waltons starting at 6am!
View the full and updated Hallmark Channel April 2011 schedule.
Moving on to some network notes, as you all know there were special airings of Shark Tank and Detroit 1-8-7 last night on ABC on special nights, but there are more notes. On Tuesday, March 29, ABC will air the special Dancing With The Stars: The Story So Far at 8pm, highlighting the first two dances for each star leading into the first Results Show of the season. This means No Ordinary Family will be preempted on March 29. Instead, the episode will air on a special night and time on Saturday, March 26 at 10pm following a repeat of the season premiere of Dancing with the Stars. That is the second to last episode of the season, as the season finale as of now will air Tuesday, April 5. The series returns with the first of three all-new episodes tomorrow (Tuesday, March 22) at 8pm.
Elsewhere, ABC has announced it will air a two-hour episode of Sunday drama Brothers & Sisters on Sunday, April 10, which is its next airing, from 9-11pm. The series will then air every Sunday until its season finale tentatively scheduled for Sunday, May 8. Desperate Housewives will be preempted at 9pm on April 10, but the show will be all-new on April 3 and will be all-new every week until its finale starting April 17.
And finally, The CW will move America's Next Top Model to 9pm starting April 20 in order to avoid Survivor and American Idol at 8pm. Repeats of Top Model will lead into new episodes, as Shedding for the Wedding has its finale on April 13 at 9pm.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (September)
09/06 - Coach - Season One (Mill Creek) / Season Two / Seasons One and Two
09/06 - South Park - The Complete Ninteenth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Ninth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - Newhart - The Complete Sixth Season
09/20 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Fifth Season
09/20 - Family Matters - The Complete Eighth Season
09/20 - Modern Family - The Complete Season 7
09/20 - Veep - Season 5
09/27 - The Wonder Years - Season Six
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Tuesday, October 25
The Middle - "Halloween VIII: The Heckoning" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
As Halloween approaches, Frankie is taken aback when she discovers that, if the circumstances ever arose where she and Mike got divorced, the kids would all choose to live with Mike. Meanwhile, Sue tries everything in her power to get her room back from Brick, and having to be so nice around girlfriend April all of the time leads Axl to lash out at his family.
American Housewife - "Westport Zombies" (ABC, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Katie, jealous of Taylor’s friendship with neighbor Viv (Leslie Bibb), reluctantly competes in the Westport Halloween “Zombie Run” after she finds out they’ll both be running. Meanwhile, Greg and Anna-Kat get a little too much in character for the “zombie” part of the run’s obstacle course.
Fresh Off the Boat - "Louisween" (ABC, 9:00PM ET/PT)
It’s Louis’ favorite holiday, and he makes every attempt to scare Jessica into the Halloween spirit, but she is buried in her word processor, drafting her first horror novel. Meanwhile, Emery and Evan debate costume choices, and Eddie and his crew are excited to party with high schoolers at Nicole’s house.
The Real O'Neals - "The Real Halloween" (ABC, 9:30PM ET/PT)
When Halloween arrives, or what Kenny refers to as “the gay Super Bowl,” he plans to go to Boystown to watch the festive costume parade. In an effort to prevent Kenny from attending, Eileen agrees to let him throw his own Halloween party at home. Eileen’s tolerance is ultimately tested when Kenny recruits Stuart and his gay friends to join the big party, and he makes a BIG costume change. Meanwhile, Jimmy and Shannon plan to pull off an epic Halloween prank.
Atlanta - "Junteenth" (FX, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Why my Auntie trying to make me go to one of these bougie Junteenth parties again? I don't like them sadity people and I'm gonna miss my shows. Le sigh.
Family Time - "Head of House" (Bounce TV, 9:00PM ET/PT)
When the Stallworths have an unexpected visitor, they learn of a vicious crime that took place in their home years ago.
Tuesday, October 25
- Will Forte (The Last Man on Earth) - Catch Will on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. He also chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Matt LeBlanc (Man with a Plan/Episodes/Friends) - Matt is a guest on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Cobie Smulders (How I Met Your Mother) - Cobie appears on Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Skylar Astin (Ground Floor) - Skylar is a guest on Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Ron Howard (Happy Days/The Andy Griffith Show) - Ron drops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Mary Lynn Rajskub (How to Be a Gentleman/Veronica's Closet/The Larry Sanders Show) and David Koechner (Another Period/Hank/The Office) - Mary and David are guests on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- John Lithgow (3rd Rock from the Sun/Twenty Good Years) - John appears on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Jamie Lee Curtis (Scream Queens/Anything But Love) - Jamie Lee is a guest on Harry, so check your local listings.
- Erinn Hayes (Kevin Can Wait/Guys with Kids/Worst Week) - Erinn plays a celeb guessing game with Rach, who’s serving up no-fail make-your-own takeout, on Rachael Ray, so check your local listings.
- Mary Steenburgen (The Last Man on Earth/Ink) - Mary joins the Chew Crew on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Ana Gasteyer (People of Earth/Lady Dynamite/Suburgatory) - Ana will be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET. She will also be on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- Cheryl Hines (Son of Zorn/Suburgatory/Curb Your Enthusiasm) - Cheryl is a guest on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Abbi Jacobson (Broad City) - Abbi will be on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am. She will also be on the AOL Build Show 4pm.
- Don Rickles (C.P.O. Sharkey/Daddy Dearest) - Don is a guest on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am.
- Nico Tortorella (Younger) - Nico appears on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.