Thursday, March 17, 2011
And if Hallmark isn't enough, GMC has also acquired the rights to The Waltons! America's favorite TV family comes to the network for uplifting entertainment on Sunday, April 3, 2011 with a full-day marathon starting at 11am and lasting into the late night. This will include an airing of the 1997 TV movie A Walton Easter at 7pm and 9pm. GMC has never aired the actual The Waltons series before, but they have aired a few of the Thanksgiving movies this past Thanksgiving. Unfortunately, GMC hasn't announced its regular April 2011 weekday schedule, so we don't know where (or if) The Waltons will air on it. We will bring that to you as soon as we know.
The Waltons started airing on the cable network INSP back in October and will continue to do so, too, as the deals made were not exclusive. INSP airs the series weekdays at 1pm and 8pm. So you have three places to watch The Waltons now, if you get all three cable networks. The Waltons will join family dramas Little House on the Prairie and Touched by an Angel on Hallmark and family dramas Highway to Heaven, Dr. Quinn, Promised Land, Sue Thomas and Doc on GMC. On INSP, it airs with family dramas Our House, Highway to Heaven and Canadian drama Wind at My Back.
Stay with us for the updated Hallmark April 2011 schedule and the GMC April 2011 schedule.
Duh, winning! Bio Channel presents the one-hour original special Charlie Sheen: Bad Boy on the Edge on Sunday, March 20 at 9PM ET/PT. Charlie Sheen: Bad Boy on the Edge takes viewers through the near 30-year career of Charlie Sheen who has made a living following his own bliss. After his very public firing from the CBS hit series Two and a Half Men, Sheen went on the offensive, and the public was given a front row seat to a career and lifestyle that seemed to teeter on the edge of oblivion. In what to many seemed like a bazaar new chapter in the actor's life, to those who know him, these recent events are just part of the logical progression of a rock star lifestyle pushed to its limit - with celebrity marriages, substance abuse, controversies and scrapes with the law.
The special includes footage from his films, personal family photos and news footage cut with original interviews with ABC News 20/20's Andrea Canning, adult film actress Capri Anderson, close friend and rock star Bret Michaels, TV personality/radio host, Danny Bonaduce, and journalists who have covered Sheen's career as well as drug rehab experts who weigh the gravity of Sheen's current state of affairs to determine whether he's in control, off the rails or simply on the brink of a major disaster.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (September)
09/06 - Coach - Season One (Mill Creek) / Season Two / Seasons One and Two
09/06 - South Park - The Complete Ninteenth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Ninth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - Newhart - The Complete Sixth Season
09/20 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Fifth Season
09/20 - Family Matters - The Complete Eighth Season
09/20 - Modern Family - The Complete Season 7
09/20 - Veep - Season 5
09/27 - The Wonder Years - Season Six
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Sunday, October 23
The Simpsons - "Treehouse of Horror XXVI" (Fox, 7:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
In an encore of last season’s Halloween episode, Sideshow Bob finally kills Bart, only to reanimate him; Homer wakes up with short-term memory loss; and Lisa, Bart, and Milhouse get super powers from radiation.
Bob's Burgers - "Teen-a-Witch" (Fox, 7:30PM ET/PT)
With Halloween quickly approaching, Tina reveals her brilliant idea that will finally win her first place in the annual costume contest. When Tammy steals her idea, Tina is forced to seek the help of Mr. Ambrose, who leads her to alternate and other-worldly methods of winning. Meanwhile, Bob is on a mission to figure out who is stealing his perfectly crafted pumpkins.
The Simpsons - "Trust But Clarify" (Fox, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Lisa and Bart investigate Krusty’s suspicious new “Krustaceans” candy. Meanwhile, Homer wants a promotion at the nuclear plant and asks Marge to help him dress the part, and news anchor Kent Brockman struggles to find his feet in the changing media world.
Son of Zorn - "A Taste of Zephyria" (Fox, 8:30PM ET/PT)
After learning how Zephyria is depicted in the media, Zorn attempts to teach Alan about his culture. Meanwhile, Edie wages war with her new neighbors over their talking garden gnome.
Family Guy - "Inside Family Guy" (Fox, 9:00PM ET/PT)
FAMILY GUY takes viewers behind the scenes of a regular “FAMILY GUY” production week, with James Woods as the guide. See the ins-and-outs of what goes into the making of a “FAMILY GUY” episode and watch the drama unfold as Peter is replaced and ends up in the office of Fox Television Group Chairmen and CEOs Dana Walden and Gary Newman to pitch his very own new series.
The Last Man on Earth - "Five Hoda Kotbs" (Fox, 9:30PM ET/PT)
A post-apocalyptic road trip has everyone at war with each other and Gail is really pushed to her breaking point.
Bizaardvark - "Spoiler Alert: Belissa Returns" (Disney Channel, 8:30PM ET/PT)
When Paige and Frankie hit a writing slump and other bad things start happening to them, Paige begins to think they are cursed; Amelia and Dirk are at odds when the lifestyle Diva declutters the Dare Lair.
Sunday, October 23
- Patti LaBelle (Out All Night) - Catch Patti on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Ricky Gervais (The Office) - Watch Ricky on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Tom Hanks (Bosom Buddies) - Tom appears on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. He also talks about Inferno on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am and on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Elijah Wood (Wilfred) - Elijah is a guest on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Ana Gasteyer (People of Earth/Lady Dynamite/Suburgatory) - Ana visits Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Nick Offerman (Parks and Recreation) - Nick stops by The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Ron Howard (Happy Days/The Andy Griffith Show) - Ron appears on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Zooey Deschanel (New Girl) - Zooey is a guest on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Michael Chiklis (Daddio) - Michael drops by Harry, so check your local listings.
- Jameela Jamil (The Good Place) - Jameela appears on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Aya Cash (You're the Worst) - Aya talks about You're the Worst on the AOL Build ShoW at 2pm. She will also be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Will Forte (The Last Man on Earth) - Will is a guest on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am.
- Mary Steenburgen (The Last Man on Earth/Ink) - Mary talks about The Last Man on Earth on NBC's Today in the 10am hour. She will also be on the AOL Build Show at 12:30pm.
- Anna Camp (The Mindy Project) - Anna talks about Good Girls Revolt on People Now at 8:30am.
- James Brolin (Life in Pieces) - James is a guest on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.