Tuesday, January 04, 2011
Elsewhere, who needs the Super Bowl when you have the Connor Bowl! Watch 7 classic episodes of Roseanne against the Super Bowl on Sunday, Feb. 6, 2011 from 7pm-10:30pm with some encores airing until 12am! TV Land will do some cross-promotion as well with sister network CMT, by airing the pilot episode of CMT's original sitcom Working Class on Thursday, Feb. 3 at 8:30pm following an encore of Hot in Cleveland. TV Land will also air a special Black History Month special titled AfriCobra on Monday, February 7 at 8:30pm leading into the Monday movie.
TV Land movie premieres for February are Trading Places, Something's Gotta Give, and 1941. Encore airings for the month are Ghost and Ghostbusters. That's about it for February, but there are some one-time-only time adjustments such as Bewitched on a few weekends.
View and discuss the full TV Land February 2011 schedule and highlights.
The Producers Guild of America (PGA) announced today the television and motion picture nominations for the 2011 Producers Guild Awards. The winners in each category will be announced at the Producers Guild Awards ceremony on Saturday, January 22nd at the Beverly Hilton Hotel. Additionally, the Guild will pay tribute to several special individual honorees during the 22nd Annual Producers Guild Awards ceremony including Tom Hanks and Gary Goetzman (Norman Lear Achievement Award in Television).
The television nominees are:
The Danny Thomas Award for Outstanding Producer of Episodic Television, Comedy:
30 Rock (NBC)
Curb Your Enthusiasm (HBO)
Modern Family (ABC)
The Office (NBC)
The Norman Felton Award for Outstanding Producer of Episodic Television, Drama:
Breaking Bad (AMC)
Mad Men (AMC)
True Blood (HBO)
The David L. Wolper Award for Outstanding Producer of Long-Form Television:
Murder on the Orient Express (PBS)
Pillars of the Earth (Starz)
Temple Grandin (HBO)
The Pacific (HBO)
You Don’t Know Jack (HBO)
The Award for Outstanding Producer of Non-Fiction Television:
Anthony Bourdain: No Reservations (Travel Channel)
Deadliest Catch (Discovery Channel)
Kathy Griffin: My Life on the D-List (Bravo)
Undercover Boss (CBS)
The Award for Outstanding Producer of Live Entertainment and Competition Television:
The Amazing Race (CBS)
The Colbert Report (Comedy Central)
Project Runway (Lifetime)
Real Time with Bill Maher (HBO)
Top Chef (Bravo)
New on DVD/Blu-ray (September)
09/02 - Benson - Season 1 (Mill Creek) / Season 2 / Seasons 1 & 2
09/02 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - Halloween Episodes Collection
09/02 - It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia - The Complete Season Nine
09/02 - The League - The Complete Season Five
09/02 - New Girl - The Complete Season Three
09/02 - Soap - Season 1 (Mill Creek) / Season 2 / Seasons 1 & 2
09/02 - What's Happening!! - Season 1 (Mill Creek) / Season 2 / Seasons 1 & 2
09/09 - The Goldbergs - The Complete First Season
09/11 - Growing Up Fisher - Season One
09/16 - About a Boy - Season One
09/16 - Awkward - Season 3
09/16 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Seventh Season (Blu-ray/DVD)
09/16 - South Park - Season 17 (Blu-ray)
09/23 - Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season One
09/23 - How I Met Your Mother - The Ninth and Legendary Final Season / The Complete Series
09/23 - Mama's Family - The Complete Fifth Season / The Complete Collection
09/23 - Modern Family - The Complete Fifth Season
09/23 - Mom - The Complete First Season
09/30 - The Donna Reed Show - Season 1 (MPI)
09/30 - Mike & Molly - The Complete Fourth Season
Other TV Series:
09/02 - Grey's Anatomy - The Complete Tenth Season
09/09 - Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
09/16 - CSI: Crime Scene Investigation - The Fourteenth Season
09/16 - Castle - The Complete Sixth Season
09/23 - Nashville - The Complete Second Season
09/23 - Scandal - The Complete Third Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Thursday, October 2
Bad Judge - "Pilot" (NBC, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Rebecca Wright (Kate Walsh) knows how to have a good time, but she also happens to be one of L.A.’s toughest and most respected criminal court judges. She has a reputation for unorthodox behavior in the courtroom, including creative rulings and saying exactly what’s on her mind. Her private life, on the other hand, is anything but innocent. While there’s no shortage of male admirers who would love to spend time with her, she’s not ready to settle down.
A to Z - "A Is for Acquaintances" (NBC, 9:30PM ET/PT)
This is the A-to-Z story of Andrew (Ben Feldman) and Zelda (Cristin Milioti) — a pair that almost wasn’t — and all that happened from the day they met. When a computer glitch sends her a total mismatch, she’s asked to come in for an interview at the internet dating site where Andrew works, and this is where it all begins. Andrew and Zelda meet for the first time and despite their differences, sparks fly. She thinks it’s chance. He thinks it’s fate and is convinced she’s the shimmering girl in the silver dress he saw several years earlier.
- "Sanders Again" (Nick at Nite, 8:00PM ET/PT)
When Aaron's imaginary friend "Sanders" comes back, Stephanie is worried that she is spending too much time working. After reading up on the subject, Stephanie makes sure Sanders feels welcomed, until he crosses the line.
See Dad Run - "See Dad Ruin Joe's Teacher" (Nick at Nite, 8:30PM ET/PT)
David inadvertently encourages Joe's favorite teacher to follow his dream of writing, but when David discovers he doesn't cut it as a "beat poetry" substitute, he must find a way to get the teacher back or risk disappointing Joe.
Dog with a Blog - "Howloween 2: the Final Reckoning" (Disney Channel, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Bennett and Ellen overhear Stan talking; the kids go into damage control and try to convince their parents that the house is haunted.
Girl Meets World - "Girl Meets World: of Terror" (Disney Channel, 8:30PM ET/PT)
While Auggie braves the monster under his bed, Riley survives a sleep over at Maya's with her grandmother and pet ferret; Farkle faces the ultimate terror: softball.
Jessie - "The Runaway Bride of Frankenstein" (Disney Channel, 9:00PM ET/PT)
The Halloween Festival takes a scary turn when Brooks proposes to Jessie and she learns that none of the Ross kids approve.
Thursday, October 2
- Johnny Galecki (The Big Bang Theory/Roseanne) - Catch Johnny on The Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Sarah Silverman (The Sarah Silverman Program) - Sarah is a guest on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- John Mulaney (Mulaney) - John appears on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Melissa Fumero (Brooklyn Nine-Nine) - Melissa stops by Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Martin Short (Mulaney/I'm a Big Girl Now) - Martin visits Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Mario Lopez (Saved by the Bell/Saved by the Bell: The College Years) - Mario appears on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Marilu Henner (Taxi/Evening Shade) - Marilu will be on HuffPost Live at 4:30pm.
- Emeril Lagasse (Emeril) - Emeril is a guest on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am.
- Ana Gasteyer (Suburgatory) - Ana can be heard on Wake Up with Taylor on Sirius XM Stars channel 109 sometime between 6-9am. She will also be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET
- John Mulaney (Mulaney) - John talks about his new show Mulaney on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am. He will also be on Good Day New York on WNYW-Fox5 in New York sometime between 7-10am.
- Kate Walsh (Bad Judge) - Kate discusses her new show Bad Judge on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am and in the 10am hour.
- Cristin Milioti (A to Z/How I Met Your Mother) - Cristin chats about her new show A to Z on NBC's Today in the 10am hour. She can also be heard on Covino & Rich on SiriusXM Indie radio channel 102 at 2pm.
- Nasim Pedrad (Mulaney - Nasim talks about her new show Mulaney on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- Sheryl Lee Ralph (Instant Mom/Moesha/It's a Living) - Sheryl will be on PIX11 Morning News on WPIX in New York at 8:50am.
- Tom Arnold (Tom/The Tom Show/Roseanne) - Tom is a guest on The Queen Latifah Show on your local station or at 2am on BET.
- Freddie Prinze Jr. (Freddie) - Freddie appears on The Queen Latifah Show on your local station or at 2am on BET.