Tuesday, January 04, 2011
Elsewhere, who needs the Super Bowl when you have the Connor Bowl! Watch 7 classic episodes of Roseanne against the Super Bowl on Sunday, Feb. 6, 2011 from 7pm-10:30pm with some encores airing until 12am! TV Land will do some cross-promotion as well with sister network CMT, by airing the pilot episode of CMT's original sitcom Working Class on Thursday, Feb. 3 at 8:30pm following an encore of Hot in Cleveland. TV Land will also air a special Black History Month special titled AfriCobra on Monday, February 7 at 8:30pm leading into the Monday movie.
TV Land movie premieres for February are Trading Places, Something's Gotta Give, and 1941. Encore airings for the month are Ghost and Ghostbusters. That's about it for February, but there are some one-time-only time adjustments such as Bewitched on a few weekends.
View and discuss the full TV Land February 2011 schedule and highlights.
The Producers Guild of America (PGA) announced today the television and motion picture nominations for the 2011 Producers Guild Awards. The winners in each category will be announced at the Producers Guild Awards ceremony on Saturday, January 22nd at the Beverly Hilton Hotel. Additionally, the Guild will pay tribute to several special individual honorees during the 22nd Annual Producers Guild Awards ceremony including Tom Hanks and Gary Goetzman (Norman Lear Achievement Award in Television).
The television nominees are:
The Danny Thomas Award for Outstanding Producer of Episodic Television, Comedy:
30 Rock (NBC)
Curb Your Enthusiasm (HBO)
Modern Family (ABC)
The Office (NBC)
The Norman Felton Award for Outstanding Producer of Episodic Television, Drama:
Breaking Bad (AMC)
Mad Men (AMC)
True Blood (HBO)
The David L. Wolper Award for Outstanding Producer of Long-Form Television:
Murder on the Orient Express (PBS)
Pillars of the Earth (Starz)
Temple Grandin (HBO)
The Pacific (HBO)
You Don’t Know Jack (HBO)
The Award for Outstanding Producer of Non-Fiction Television:
Anthony Bourdain: No Reservations (Travel Channel)
Deadliest Catch (Discovery Channel)
Kathy Griffin: My Life on the D-List (Bravo)
Undercover Boss (CBS)
The Award for Outstanding Producer of Live Entertainment and Competition Television:
The Amazing Race (CBS)
The Colbert Report (Comedy Central)
Project Runway (Lifetime)
Real Time with Bill Maher (HBO)
Top Chef (Bravo)
New on DVD/Blu-ray (September)
09/06 - Coach - Season One (Mill Creek) / Season Two / Seasons One and Two
09/06 - South Park - The Complete Ninteenth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Ninth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - Newhart - The Complete Sixth Season
09/20 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Fifth Season
09/20 - Family Matters - The Complete Eighth Season
09/20 - Modern Family - The Complete Season 7
09/20 - Veep - Season 5
09/27 - The Wonder Years - Season Six
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Thursday, September 29
Superstore - "Back to Work" (NBC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Jeff (recurring guest star Michael Bunin), the district manager from corporate, tells the Cloud 9 employees he is going to be around for the day to see what can improve in the store. Amy (America Ferrera) tries to impress him with a perfect day, but a workplace accident threatens her plan. Meanwhile, Glenn (Mark McKinney) tries to come off as a tough boss in front of Jeff, Jonah (Ben Feldman) attempts to help an unyielding Dina (Lauren Ash) win over the employees she betrayed in the strike and Mateo (Nico Santos) discovers something about Jeff in his pursuit to win him over.
The Good Place - "Jason Mendoza" (NBC, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Eleanor (Kristen Bell) faces her toughest test yet in her attempt to remain in hiding. Meanwhile, Michael (Ted Danson) enlists Tahani (Jameela Jamil) to help a fellow neighbor fulfill her true purpose.
The Big Bang Theory - "The Earworm Reverberation" (CBS, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Sheldon has a revelation when he realizes why a song was stuck in his head. Also, Amy invites Dave (Stephen Merchant) over for dinner despite their previously awkward date, and Wolowitz and Koothrappali become obsessed with a fan of their band, “Footprints on the Moon.”
Kevin Can Wait - "Pilot" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Kevin James stars as a newly retired police officer looking forward to spending carefree, quality time with his wife and three kids, only to find he faces tougher challenges at home than he ever did on the streets.
Better Things - "Woman Is the Something of the Something" (FX, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Sam gets really looked at.
Thursday, September 29
- Judith Light (Transparent/Phenom/Who's the Boss?) - Catch Judith on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Tim Meadows (Son of Zorn/Marry Me/The Michael Richards Show) - Tim appears on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC. He will also be on the AOL Build Show at 3pm.
- Max Greenfield (New Girl/Modern Men) - Max drops by The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Ken Jeong (Dr. Ken/Community), Dave Foley (Dr. Ken/NewsRadio) and Suzy Nakamura (Dr. Ken/Go On) - Ken, Dave and Suzy are guests on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight. Ken will also be on Harry, so check your local listings.
- January Jones (The Last Man on Earth) - January stops by Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Jerry O'Connell (We Are Men/Carpoolers/My Secret Identity) - Jerry guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Sarah Jessica Parker (Divorce/Sex and the City/Square Pegs) - Sarah appears on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Alfonso Ribeiro (The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air/In the House/Silver Spoons) - Alfonso joins the Chew Crew on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT. He will also be on the AOL Build Show at 11am.
- Holland Taylor (Two and a Half Men/The Powers That Be) - Holland talks about The Front Page on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- Jamie-Lynn Sigler (Guys with Kids) - Jamie-Lynn is a guest on Good Day New York on WNYW-Fox5 in New York sometime between 7-10am and on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Kristen Bell (The Good Place) - Kristen appears on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.