Wednesday, December 08, 2010
TV Land January 2011 Schedule and Highlights; Netflix and Disney-ABC Announce Streaming Series On Netflix.com Instant
On our December highlights, we mentioned Hot in Cleveland is getting a New Year's Day (Saturday, Jan. 1) marathon starting at 8pm...but now we have stunts for the rest of January. It may be getting colder out, but TV Land is definitely bringing the heat the week of Jan. 17 all leading up to the January 19 premiere of season 2 of the break out hit Hot in Cleveland followed by the series premiere of the highly anticipated Retired At 35! The hotness kicks off on Monday, January 17 when Betty White, Valerie Bertinelli, Jane Leeves and Wendie Malick host a special "Best Night In" block of Hot In Cleveland featuring each of their favorite episodes from 10pm-12am. The 'hot-wave' continues Tuesday, January 18 with an encore presentation of the season one finale cliff-hanger that ended with the entire country wanting to 'free Elka' (Betty White) at 10pm. Immediately following this is the Behind The Hotness one-hour special (premieres Dec. 12) that recaps the funniest moments from the first season plus bloopers and gives viewers a preview of clips from season two at 10:30pm. And it all comes to a scorching boiling point on Wednesday, January 19 with the season two premiere of Hot In Cleveland (watch Betty and Mary Tyler Moore reunite onscreen after over 25 years) at 10pm directly followed by the series launch of Retired At 35, TV Land's next original sitcom at 10:30pm. Interstitials with the cast from both shows, footage from Betty's celebrity birthday bash and TV Land's premiere party will pepper primetime the ten days leading up to January 19 premiere night.
So Hot in Cleveland returns Wednesday, Jan. 19 at 10pm. TV Land is excited to welcome the second season of smash hit original sitcom Hot in Cleveland with 20 all-new episodes. 10 episodes will air in the winter with the mid-season finale on March 23, 2011. The remaining 10 episodes will return later in the year. Last season, three fabulous LA women of a certain age (played by Valerie Bertinelli, Jane Leeves and Wendie Malick) took an unplanned detour and discovered Cleveland -- turning back the clock and taking back the spotlight! They decide to stay, and end up in a house whose feisty caretaker -- played by Betty White -- offers the Midwest perspective. But reinventing yourself doesn't happen overnight! In season two the women continue to rediscover themselves and see that their LA ways don't always play in the real world.
New original sitcom Retired at 35 premieres Wednesday, Jan. 19 at 10:30pm. 10 episodes have been ordered, so the season finale will air on March 23. After 37 years of marriage, Alan and Elaine Robbins expected to cruise into retirement and live out their days happily ever after. However, when their uptight, overworked son David decides to quit the NYC rat race and move into their active-adult community, Elaine has an epiphany of her own and leaves her husband to begin a new life as an artist--- leaving David as his free-wheeling Dad's roommate. The Robbins are in for a hilarious and bumpy ride as they learn the consequences of being 'Retired at 35.'
TV Land movie premieres for January 2011 are Ghost, Terms of Endearment and Postcards from the Edge. The movie The Buddy Holly Story will encore.
View and discuss the full TV Land January 2011 schedule and highlights, which includes an encore schedule and episodes information for Hot in Cleveland and Retired at 35.
Netflix, Inc. and Disney-ABC Television Group today announced a new licensing agreement between the two companies that will allow Netflix to stream hundreds of episodes from the ABC Television Network, Disney Channel and – for the first time – ABC Family over the Internet.
The agreement, brokered by Disney-ABC Domestic Television, will add significantly to the growing selection of movies and TV episodes that can be streamed from Netflix. Once made available to Netflix from Disney-ABC – which, for relevant programming, will be no earlier than 15 days after initial telecast – episodes can be streamed instantly with Netflix memberships starting at $7.99 a month.
Prior season episodes of current ABC hit series like Grey's Anatomy, Desperate Housewives and for the first time on Netflix, Brothers & Sisters, all of which are among the network's most successful and popular TV franchises in recent years. Also, every episode of recent ABC favorites such as LOST and Ugly Betty, the latter making its streaming debut at Netflix. Each season of several hit series from ABC Studios, including Scrubs and Reaper, which are both new additions to Netflix. A host of content from the Disney Channel, including the hits Phineas and Ferb and Good Luck Charlie, which are also new to Netflix; updated and expanded offerings of The Suite Life on Deck and Wizards of Waverly Place; and library offerings from the smash hits Hannah Montana and The Suite Life of Zack & Cody. And finally, a wide range of content from ABC Family, marking the introduction of ABC Family content streaming from Netflix. Included are the hit series Greek, Make It or Break It, The Secret Life of the American Teenager and sitcom Melissa & Joey. In addition to the hundreds of TV episodes included in the agreement, Disney Channel and ABC Family movies such as High School Musical, High School Musical 2, Camp Rock, and Beauty & the Briefcase, as well as new releases Avalon High, Camp Rock 2: The Final Jam and Revenge of the Bridesmaids, will also be available to watch at Netflix.
Head on over to Netflix.com to see what is available from Disney-ABC! As of this writing, the Disney-ABC content are not available yet. So keep checking back and if there is anything really rare from the past, we'll let you know.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (February/March)
02/07 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - Sabrina Down Under
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 1 - School's Cool - Boy Crazy
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 2 - About a Family - Hangin' Out
02/07 - 227 - The Complete First Season (Mill Creek)
02/07 - Vice Principals - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
02/14 - Beavis and Butt-Head - The Complete Collection
02/14 - Grace and Frankie - Season Two
02/28 - Fuller House - The Complete First Season
03/03 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - Now... In Living Color! (Blu-ray)
03/07 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - Mama's Family - Mama's Favorites
03/07 - That '70s Show - The Complete Series - Flashback Edition (Blu-ray)
03/07 - What I Like About You - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - You Me Her - Season One
03/14 - Newhart - The Final (Eighth) Season
03/14 - Unbrekable Kimmy Schmidt - Season Two
03/21 - Master of None - Season One
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Friday, March 24
Last Man Standing - "Bad Heir Day" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Mike and Vanessa think it’s time for newlyweds Mandy and Kyle to move out, but when Chuck relays some unexpected news about Kyle’s absentee mom, Mike has second thoughts. Meanwhile, Eve tells Ryan that Boyd is making up stories about his Dad’s real job, because he’s embarrassed about being home-schooled.
Dr. Ken - "Clark's Big Surprise" (ABC, 8:30PM ET/PT)
When Ken accidentally finds out that Clark and Connor are planning their surprise wedding, he has to find a way to get everyone to come. But Damona finds out and to get Allison there, she tells her that Ken is going to surprise her by renewing their wedding vows. Guest performances from the Grammy Award-winning band, Train, featuring lead singer Pat Monahan and guitarist Jerry Becker.
Friday, March 24
- Sofia Black-D'Elia (The Mick) - Watch Sofia on a repeat of Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Tracy Morgan (30 Rock/The Tracy Morgan Show) - Tracy is on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Malin Akerman (Trophy Wife/Sin City Saints) - Malin appears on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Zach Galifianakis (Baskets) - Zach is a guest on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Laura Dern (Enlightened) - Laura appears on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Jermaine Fowler (Superior Donuts) - Jermaine is a guest on a repeat of Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Michael Keaton (Working Stiffs/All's Fair) - Michael visits LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Melissa McCarthy (Mike & Molly/Samantha Who?) and Ben Falcone (Joey) - Melissa and Ben are guests on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Alfonso Ribeiro (The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air/In the House/Silver Spoons) - Alfonso stops by Harry, so check your local listings.
- Martha Plimpton (The Real O'Neals/Raising Hope) - Martha appears on Harry, so check your local listings.
- Anthony Anderson (black-ish/Guys with Kids/All About the Andersons) - Anthony chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT. He will also be on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am.
- Carl Reiner (The Dick Van Dyke Show) and Rob Reiner (All in the Family) - Carl and Rob are guests on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Kristen Bell (The Good Place) - Kristen is a guest on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am. She also joins the Chew Crew on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Jane Fonda (Grace and Frankie) and Lily Tomlin (Grace and Frankie/Malibu Country) - Jane and Lily talk about Grace and Frankie on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am.
- Brooklyn Decker (Grace and Frankie/Friends with Better Lives) - Brooklyn talks about Malibu Country on NBC's Today in the 9am hour.
- Rhea Perlman (Cheers/Kirstie) - Rhea talks about Me and My Grandma on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Emma Roberts (Scream Queens/Unfabulous) - Emma talks about The Blackcoat's Daughter on People Now at 8:30am.
- Josh Henderson (One on One) - Josh is a guest on Steve Harvey, so check your local listings.