Wednesday, December 08, 2010
TV Land January 2011 Schedule and Highlights; Netflix and Disney-ABC Announce Streaming Series On Netflix.com Instant
On our December highlights, we mentioned Hot in Cleveland is getting a New Year's Day (Saturday, Jan. 1) marathon starting at 8pm...but now we have stunts for the rest of January. It may be getting colder out, but TV Land is definitely bringing the heat the week of Jan. 17 all leading up to the January 19 premiere of season 2 of the break out hit Hot in Cleveland followed by the series premiere of the highly anticipated Retired At 35! The hotness kicks off on Monday, January 17 when Betty White, Valerie Bertinelli, Jane Leeves and Wendie Malick host a special "Best Night In" block of Hot In Cleveland featuring each of their favorite episodes from 10pm-12am. The 'hot-wave' continues Tuesday, January 18 with an encore presentation of the season one finale cliff-hanger that ended with the entire country wanting to 'free Elka' (Betty White) at 10pm. Immediately following this is the Behind The Hotness one-hour special (premieres Dec. 12) that recaps the funniest moments from the first season plus bloopers and gives viewers a preview of clips from season two at 10:30pm. And it all comes to a scorching boiling point on Wednesday, January 19 with the season two premiere of Hot In Cleveland (watch Betty and Mary Tyler Moore reunite onscreen after over 25 years) at 10pm directly followed by the series launch of Retired At 35, TV Land's next original sitcom at 10:30pm. Interstitials with the cast from both shows, footage from Betty's celebrity birthday bash and TV Land's premiere party will pepper primetime the ten days leading up to January 19 premiere night.
So Hot in Cleveland returns Wednesday, Jan. 19 at 10pm. TV Land is excited to welcome the second season of smash hit original sitcom Hot in Cleveland with 20 all-new episodes. 10 episodes will air in the winter with the mid-season finale on March 23, 2011. The remaining 10 episodes will return later in the year. Last season, three fabulous LA women of a certain age (played by Valerie Bertinelli, Jane Leeves and Wendie Malick) took an unplanned detour and discovered Cleveland -- turning back the clock and taking back the spotlight! They decide to stay, and end up in a house whose feisty caretaker -- played by Betty White -- offers the Midwest perspective. But reinventing yourself doesn't happen overnight! In season two the women continue to rediscover themselves and see that their LA ways don't always play in the real world.
New original sitcom Retired at 35 premieres Wednesday, Jan. 19 at 10:30pm. 10 episodes have been ordered, so the season finale will air on March 23. After 37 years of marriage, Alan and Elaine Robbins expected to cruise into retirement and live out their days happily ever after. However, when their uptight, overworked son David decides to quit the NYC rat race and move into their active-adult community, Elaine has an epiphany of her own and leaves her husband to begin a new life as an artist--- leaving David as his free-wheeling Dad's roommate. The Robbins are in for a hilarious and bumpy ride as they learn the consequences of being 'Retired at 35.'
TV Land movie premieres for January 2011 are Ghost, Terms of Endearment and Postcards from the Edge. The movie The Buddy Holly Story will encore.
View and discuss the full TV Land January 2011 schedule and highlights, which includes an encore schedule and episodes information for Hot in Cleveland and Retired at 35.
Netflix, Inc. and Disney-ABC Television Group today announced a new licensing agreement between the two companies that will allow Netflix to stream hundreds of episodes from the ABC Television Network, Disney Channel and – for the first time – ABC Family over the Internet.
The agreement, brokered by Disney-ABC Domestic Television, will add significantly to the growing selection of movies and TV episodes that can be streamed from Netflix. Once made available to Netflix from Disney-ABC – which, for relevant programming, will be no earlier than 15 days after initial telecast – episodes can be streamed instantly with Netflix memberships starting at $7.99 a month.
Prior season episodes of current ABC hit series like Grey's Anatomy, Desperate Housewives and for the first time on Netflix, Brothers & Sisters, all of which are among the network's most successful and popular TV franchises in recent years. Also, every episode of recent ABC favorites such as LOST and Ugly Betty, the latter making its streaming debut at Netflix. Each season of several hit series from ABC Studios, including Scrubs and Reaper, which are both new additions to Netflix. A host of content from the Disney Channel, including the hits Phineas and Ferb and Good Luck Charlie, which are also new to Netflix; updated and expanded offerings of The Suite Life on Deck and Wizards of Waverly Place; and library offerings from the smash hits Hannah Montana and The Suite Life of Zack & Cody. And finally, a wide range of content from ABC Family, marking the introduction of ABC Family content streaming from Netflix. Included are the hit series Greek, Make It or Break It, The Secret Life of the American Teenager and sitcom Melissa & Joey. In addition to the hundreds of TV episodes included in the agreement, Disney Channel and ABC Family movies such as High School Musical, High School Musical 2, Camp Rock, and Beauty & the Briefcase, as well as new releases Avalon High, Camp Rock 2: The Final Jam and Revenge of the Bridesmaids, will also be available to watch at Netflix.
Head on over to Netflix.com to see what is available from Disney-ABC! As of this writing, the Disney-ABC content are not available yet. So keep checking back and if there is anything really rare from the past, we'll let you know.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (September)
09/06 - Coach - Season One (Mill Creek) / Season Two / Seasons One and Two
09/06 - South Park - The Complete Ninteenth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Ninth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - Newhart - The Complete Sixth Season
09/20 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Fifth Season
09/20 - Family Matters - The Complete Eighth Season
09/20 - Modern Family - The Complete Season 7
09/20 - Veep - Season 5
09/27 - The Wonder Years - Season Six
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Monday, October 24
Kevin Can Wait - "Beat the Parents" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Kevin and Donna are thrilled when their son, Jack, makes friends with a boy from school, Grayden (Graydon Peter Yosowitz), however, when Donna and Kevin don’t hit it off with Grayden’s arrogant father, Vic (Ray Romano), and his pushy wife, Brandi (Lindsay Broad), they set out to sabotage the boys’ new friendship. Matt Romano guest stars as Vic’s second son, Braden.
Man with a Plan - "Pilot" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Golden Globe Award winner Matt LeBlanc stars as Adam, a contractor who starts spending more time with his three kids when his wife, Andi, goes back to work and discovers the truth all parents eventually realize—their little angels are maniacs.
2 Broke Girls - "And the Godmama Drama" (CBS, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Oleg and Sophie’s plan to have Max and Caroline as Barbara’s godparents is derailed when Oleg’s domineering mother, Olga (Mercedes Ruehl), arrives from the Ukraine for the baby’s baptism and fires Max and Caroline from their godparent duties.
The Odd Couple - "Food Fight" (CBS, 9:30PM ET/PT)
When Oscar learns that his favorite hangout, Langford’s, is in financial trouble, he impulsively asks Felix to help save it, without considering the disastrous consequences. Also, Felix tries to make his mark on the restaurant when the owner, Fred Langford (Fred Willard), puts him in charge for a few days.
Monday, October 24
- Ricky Gervais (The Office) - Watch Ricky on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Tom Hanks (Bosom Buddies) - Tom appears on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. He also talks about Inferno on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am and on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Elijah Wood (Wilfred) - Elijah is a guest on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Ana Gasteyer (People of Earth/Lady Dynamite/Suburgatory) - Ana visits Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Nick Offerman (Parks and Recreation) - Nick stops by The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Ron Howard (Happy Days/The Andy Griffith Show) - Ron appears on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Kate Micucci (Raising Hope/The Big Bang Theory) - Kate is a guest on a repeat of @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Zooey Deschanel (New Girl) - Zooey appears on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Michael Chiklis (Daddio) - Michael drops by Harry, so check your local listings.
- Jameela Jamil (The Good Place) - Jameela appears on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Aya Cash (You're the Worst) - Aya talks about You're the Worst on the AOL Build ShoW at 2pm. She will also be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Will Forte (The Last Man on Earth) - Will is a guest on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am.
- Mary Steenburgen (The Last Man on Earth/Ink) - Mary talks about The Last Man on Earth on NBC's Today in the 10am hour. She will also be on the AOL Build Show at 12:30pm.
- Anna Camp (The Mindy Project) - Anna talks about Good Girls Revolt on People Now at 8:30am.
- James Brolin (Life in Pieces) - James is a guest on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Matt LeBlanc (Man with a Plan/Episodes/Joey/Friends) - Matt appears on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Nico Tortorella (Younger) - Nico guest co-hosts The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.