Tuesday, January 11, 2011
Then there was a Fox executive session. We learned that new family adventure-drama series Terra Nova will preview during a special two-night event Monday, May 23 at 9:00pm and Tuesday, May 24 at 9pm on Fox following the season finales of House and Glee. The season finales of The Chicago Code and the Fox sitcoms will probably wrap up the week before (or earlier). Terra Nova (from Steven Spielberg and starring Jason O'Mara) will then premiere in the fall as a regular series. Before that, Fox will also give us a sneak preview of an untitled Jamie Foxx/Affion Crockett Project. The series, a fast-paced, half-hour sketch-comedy series executive-produced by Academy Award winner Jamie Foxx and starring rising comedic talent Affion Crockett (The Boondocks), will air a sneak preview Thursday, March 31 in the 9:00pm hour following American Idol. The series will then premiere in its regular time period Thursday, June 9 at 9:00pm as a summer series following So You Think You Can Dance. In the vein of In Living Color, this project will offer a fresh take on pop culture, including spoofs of movie trailers, commercials, TV shows, music videos and celebrities, with a diverse cast made up of the very best new young comedians on the scene today. Additionally, some of the biggest names in Hollywood will be stopping by for a visit. Crockett, whose incisive web shorts have drawn a cult following, will also serve as a producer and writer. Among the other items announced were Mary Murphy returns as judge to Fox summer series So You Think You Can Dance. In other news, Kevin Reilly said that Running Wilde and The Good Guys won't be back, so they are canceled. He also said that Lone Star's remaining six episodes will be used somehow (perhaps late night on Saturdays?).
After a writing break, it was time for lunch with the new animated comedy Bob's Burgers (Sundays at 8:30pm). Following that, there will be three panels for upcoming series: adventure series Terra Nova (to debut with a special premiere on May 23-24) and mid-season comedies Traffic Light (premieres Tuesday, Feb. 8) and Breaking In (premieres Wednesday, April 6). Then it will be time to promote Glee's Super Bowl episode even more with a tailgate break. And finally the day ends this evening with an all-star party.
Tomorrow is a set visit day, so there will be no sessions or news. Come on back Thursday for NBC's turn at the TCA's then on Friday both CBS and The CW will end the tour.
Me-TV Network has added its fourth affiliate! In addition to Chicago, Milwaukee, and South Bend (which all launched nationally on Dec. 15), Me-TV Network has now added Wichita, KS to its family. The station is KCTU 43.2 and it was added on Friday (January 7). The station is owned by locally-owned by River City Broadcasters. This marks the first affiliate to bring Me-TV Network to the air that is not part of Weigl Broadcasting. KCTU replaced AMGTV, which was previously on 43.2. Me-TV Network airs classic TV series primarily from CBS Paramount (such as I Love Lucy, My Three Sons, Happy Days), with some offerings from 20th Century Fox (such as Mary Tyler Moore, Bob Newhart Show) and independent producers (such as Dick Van Dyke Show).
More affiliates are still to come, so keep checking back!
New on DVD/Blu-ray (May)
05/03 - Mad About You - The Complete Series
05/03 - The Jim Gaffigan Show - Season One
05/10 - Newhart - The Complete Fifth Season
05/17 - Angie Tribeca - The Complete First Season
05/17 - The Facts of Life - The Final (Ninth) Season
05/24 - The Wonder Years - Season Five
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Tuesday, May 24
Fresh Off the Boat - "Bring the Pain" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Louis’ estranged brother, Gene (Ken Jeong), comes to visit, and he has big news to share with the family. And Eddie tries to find creative ways to watch the latest Chris Rock age-inappropriate stand-up comedy special despite his parents’ and brothers’ disapproval.
The Real O'Neals - "The Real Prom" (ABC, 8:30PM ET/PT)
As the school prom approaches, Kenny tries to think of who the best guy would be to ask as his date. With time running out, Kenny and Jimmy try to come up with the perfect “prom-posal” for the classmates they each have set their sights on. Shannon thinks the idea behind prom is a scam and would rather stay at home, but once Pat discovers she was asked to attend, he tries to convince her to go. Meanwhile, Eileen tries to keep VP Murray’s romantic attention at bay but struggles to resist.
Tuesday, May 24
- Dave Franco (Scrubs/Do Not Disturb) - Catch Dave on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Demi Lovato (Sonny with a Chance) - Demi is a guest on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Sean Hayes (The Millers/Sean Saves the World/Will & Grace) - Sean appears on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. He will also be on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Brooklyn Decker (Grace and Frankie/Friends with Better Lives) - Brooklyn is a guest on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. She will also be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Fozzie Bear (The Muppets) - Fozzie Bear appears on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- John Hodgman (Married) - John is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Kristen Schaal (The Last Man on Earth/Bob's Burgers/30 Rock) - Kristen appears on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Eugene and Dan Levy (Schitt's Creek) - Eugene and Dan are guests on Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Laura Linney (The Big C) - Laura stops by Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Fred Savage (The Grinder/Working/The Wonder Years) - Fred guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- NeNe Leakes (The New Normal) - Meredith's favorite reality stars are featured on The Meredith Vieira Show, so check your local listings.
- June Diane Raphael (Grace and Frankie/Players) - June is a guest on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- G Hannelius (Dog with a Blog/Good Luck Charlie) - G discusses her role in History Channel's adaption of Roots on the AOL Build Show at 11am.
- Kevin Hart (The Big House/Undeclared) - Kevin dishes on his new movie Central Intelligence on People Now at 8:30am.
- Will Arnett (Arrested Development/The Millers/Up All Night) - Will talks about Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am. He also chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.