Tuesday, January 11, 2011
Then there was a Fox executive session. We learned that new family adventure-drama series Terra Nova will preview during a special two-night event Monday, May 23 at 9:00pm and Tuesday, May 24 at 9pm on Fox following the season finales of House and Glee. The season finales of The Chicago Code and the Fox sitcoms will probably wrap up the week before (or earlier). Terra Nova (from Steven Spielberg and starring Jason O'Mara) will then premiere in the fall as a regular series. Before that, Fox will also give us a sneak preview of an untitled Jamie Foxx/Affion Crockett Project. The series, a fast-paced, half-hour sketch-comedy series executive-produced by Academy Award winner Jamie Foxx and starring rising comedic talent Affion Crockett (The Boondocks), will air a sneak preview Thursday, March 31 in the 9:00pm hour following American Idol. The series will then premiere in its regular time period Thursday, June 9 at 9:00pm as a summer series following So You Think You Can Dance. In the vein of In Living Color, this project will offer a fresh take on pop culture, including spoofs of movie trailers, commercials, TV shows, music videos and celebrities, with a diverse cast made up of the very best new young comedians on the scene today. Additionally, some of the biggest names in Hollywood will be stopping by for a visit. Crockett, whose incisive web shorts have drawn a cult following, will also serve as a producer and writer. Among the other items announced were Mary Murphy returns as judge to Fox summer series So You Think You Can Dance. In other news, Kevin Reilly said that Running Wilde and The Good Guys won't be back, so they are canceled. He also said that Lone Star's remaining six episodes will be used somehow (perhaps late night on Saturdays?).
After a writing break, it was time for lunch with the new animated comedy Bob's Burgers (Sundays at 8:30pm). Following that, there will be three panels for upcoming series: adventure series Terra Nova (to debut with a special premiere on May 23-24) and mid-season comedies Traffic Light (premieres Tuesday, Feb. 8) and Breaking In (premieres Wednesday, April 6). Then it will be time to promote Glee's Super Bowl episode even more with a tailgate break. And finally the day ends this evening with an all-star party.
Tomorrow is a set visit day, so there will be no sessions or news. Come on back Thursday for NBC's turn at the TCA's then on Friday both CBS and The CW will end the tour.
Me-TV Network has added its fourth affiliate! In addition to Chicago, Milwaukee, and South Bend (which all launched nationally on Dec. 15), Me-TV Network has now added Wichita, KS to its family. The station is KCTU 43.2 and it was added on Friday (January 7). The station is owned by locally-owned by River City Broadcasters. This marks the first affiliate to bring Me-TV Network to the air that is not part of Weigl Broadcasting. KCTU replaced AMGTV, which was previously on 43.2. Me-TV Network airs classic TV series primarily from CBS Paramount (such as I Love Lucy, My Three Sons, Happy Days), with some offerings from 20th Century Fox (such as Mary Tyler Moore, Bob Newhart Show) and independent producers (such as Dick Van Dyke Show).
More affiliates are still to come, so keep checking back!
New on DVD/Blu-ray (December/January)
12/06 - Family Guy - Season Fourteen
12/13 - American Dad! - Volume 11
12/13 - Newhart - The Complete Seventh Season
01/03 - Girls - The Complete Fifth Season (Blu-ray)
01/10 - Broad City - Season 3
01/17 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #2 (Colorized)
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume One
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume Two
01/24 - Hooperman - Season One
01/24 - Hooperman - Season Two
01/31 - Ballers - The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Monday, January 23
Kevin Can Wait - "Choke Doubt" (CBS, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Kevin brags about saving a man from choking after hearing how much attention his brother Kyle is receiving for saving a cat. Adam Ferrara guest stars as Bill, a man Kevin saves from choking, and “The Insider” correspondent Michael Yo guest stars as Tom, a morning show anchor who interviews Kyle.
Man with a Plan - "The Talk" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT)
When Adam and Andi have the dreaded “talk” with Teddy and Kate, their awkward approach makes the kids horribly uncomfortable.
2 Broke Girls - "And the Emergency Contractor" (CBS, 9:00PM ET/PT)
When Max and Caroline get home from their road trip, Caroline discovers she likes the dessert bar renovations as much as she likes Bobby (Christopher Gorham), the contractor on the job. Also, Max rushes to Randy’s side when she hears he’s in the hospital in New York City, and Sophie joins a mommy group that cares more about partying than baby talk.
The Big Bang Theory - "The Conjugal Conjecture" (CBS, 9:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
After Sheldon’s mother and Leonard's father share an evening together, everyone deals with an awkward morning the next day. Also, Penny’s family arrives for the wedding ceremony, including her anxiety-ridden mother, Susan (Katey Sagal), and her drug dealing brother, Randall (Jack McBrayer). Dean Norris guest stars as Colonel Williams, an Air Force Representative from the Department of Materiel Command. Christine Baranski, Laurie Metcalf, Judd Hirsch and Keith Carradine return.
Monday, January 23
- Allison Janney (Mom/Mr. Sunshine) - Watch Allison on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- William Shatner ($h*! My Dad Says) and Henry Winkler (Happy Days/Arrested Development/Out of Practice) - William and Henry are guests on a repeat of Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Kevin Nealon (Man with a Plan/Weeds/Hiller and Diller/Champs) - Kevin appears on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Jade Catta-Preta (Manhattan Love Story) - Jade is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Wendi McClendon-Covey (The Goldbergs/Rules of Engagement/Reno 911!) - Wendi stops by Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Cristela Alonzo (Cristela) - Cristela chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Tika Sumpter (The Game) - Tika appears on The Real, so check your local listings.
- Justina Machado (One Day at a Time) - Justina will be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Jerry O'Connell (We Are Men/Carpoolers/My Secret Identity) - Jerry and Rebecca Romjin talk about Love Locks on NBC's Today in the 9am hour. Jerry will also be on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT, on Access Hollywood Live (check your local listings) and on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Retta (Parks and Recreation) - Retta talks about Girlfriend's Guide to Divorce on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- Kathryn Hahn (Happyish/Free Agents) - Kathryn will be on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.