Tuesday, January 11, 2011
Then there was a Fox executive session. We learned that new family adventure-drama series Terra Nova will preview during a special two-night event Monday, May 23 at 9:00pm and Tuesday, May 24 at 9pm on Fox following the season finales of House and Glee. The season finales of The Chicago Code and the Fox sitcoms will probably wrap up the week before (or earlier). Terra Nova (from Steven Spielberg and starring Jason O'Mara) will then premiere in the fall as a regular series. Before that, Fox will also give us a sneak preview of an untitled Jamie Foxx/Affion Crockett Project. The series, a fast-paced, half-hour sketch-comedy series executive-produced by Academy Award winner Jamie Foxx and starring rising comedic talent Affion Crockett (The Boondocks), will air a sneak preview Thursday, March 31 in the 9:00pm hour following American Idol. The series will then premiere in its regular time period Thursday, June 9 at 9:00pm as a summer series following So You Think You Can Dance. In the vein of In Living Color, this project will offer a fresh take on pop culture, including spoofs of movie trailers, commercials, TV shows, music videos and celebrities, with a diverse cast made up of the very best new young comedians on the scene today. Additionally, some of the biggest names in Hollywood will be stopping by for a visit. Crockett, whose incisive web shorts have drawn a cult following, will also serve as a producer and writer. Among the other items announced were Mary Murphy returns as judge to Fox summer series So You Think You Can Dance. In other news, Kevin Reilly said that Running Wilde and The Good Guys won't be back, so they are canceled. He also said that Lone Star's remaining six episodes will be used somehow (perhaps late night on Saturdays?).
After a writing break, it was time for lunch with the new animated comedy Bob's Burgers (Sundays at 8:30pm). Following that, there will be three panels for upcoming series: adventure series Terra Nova (to debut with a special premiere on May 23-24) and mid-season comedies Traffic Light (premieres Tuesday, Feb. 8) and Breaking In (premieres Wednesday, April 6). Then it will be time to promote Glee's Super Bowl episode even more with a tailgate break. And finally the day ends this evening with an all-star party.
Tomorrow is a set visit day, so there will be no sessions or news. Come on back Thursday for NBC's turn at the TCA's then on Friday both CBS and The CW will end the tour.
Me-TV Network has added its fourth affiliate! In addition to Chicago, Milwaukee, and South Bend (which all launched nationally on Dec. 15), Me-TV Network has now added Wichita, KS to its family. The station is KCTU 43.2 and it was added on Friday (January 7). The station is owned by locally-owned by River City Broadcasters. This marks the first affiliate to bring Me-TV Network to the air that is not part of Weigl Broadcasting. KCTU replaced AMGTV, which was previously on 43.2. Me-TV Network airs classic TV series primarily from CBS Paramount (such as I Love Lucy, My Three Sons, Happy Days), with some offerings from 20th Century Fox (such as Mary Tyler Moore, Bob Newhart Show) and independent producers (such as Dick Van Dyke Show).
More affiliates are still to come, so keep checking back!
New on DVD/Blu-ray (June/July)
06/14 - Ballers - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
06/14 - The League - Season 7 - The Final Fantasy
06/14 - The League - The Complete Series
06/14 - Maude - The Complete Fifth Season
06/14 - Survivor's Remorse - The Complete Second Season
06/21 - Workaholics - Season Six
06/24 - The Monkees - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
06/28 - Two Guys and a Girl - The Complete Series
07/08 - The Monkees - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
07/12 - Grady - The Best of Grady
07/26 - Family Mattters - The Complete Seventh Season
07/26 - Where's Huddles? - The Complete Series (WBShop.com)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Saturday, July 30
Last Man Standing - "Tanks for the Memories" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Mike is anxious to buy the miniature tank collection once belonging to the late husband of his neighbor, Helen Potts (Patricia Richardson). But when he discovers Helen already sold the collection, he goes to extremes to make the collection his own. Meanwhile, Kristin and Ed are concerned when a mysterious “Bubba X” posts a scathing review about their dining experience at the Outdoor Man Restaurant.
Dr. Ken - "Kevin O'Connell" (ABC, 8:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Ken is taken aback when he meets Allison’s former boyfriend Kevin O’Connell (guest star Will Yun Lee, “The Wolverine”), now a very hot and successful doctor. So when Ken is asked to speak at a banquet honoring Kevin, he uses the opportunity more as a roast. Meanwhile, Molly struggles with a school assignment asking for what she wants to be when she grows up.
The Thundermans - "Robin Hood: Prince of Heebs" (Nickelodeon, 8:00PM ET/PT)
When Chloe announces that Max is her favorite sibling, Phoebe tries to show her the "real" Max by telling a Robin Hood-style bedtime story about the great Phoebe Hood and the evil Maxingham.
Nicky, Ricky, Dicky & Dawn - "New Kid on the Block"
(Nickelodeon, 8:30PM ET/PT)
The Quads try to make friends with their new neighbor in order to get access to the coolest treehouse ever, but soon find out she is not what she seems.
Legendary Dudas - "King Sam; Karate Kids" (Nickelodeon, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Sam impresses his new classmates with an epic birthday party, but his extravagance leads to a bill he can't pay. Hoping to earn a spot on a television talent show, Tyler convinces Carter to revive their old martial arts act.
Monday, August 1
- Simon Helberg (The Big Bang Theory) - Watch Simon on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. He also talks about Florence Foster Jenkins on NBC's Today in the 9am hour.
- Shiri Appleby (Sunday Dinner) Constance Zimmer (Entourage/Good Morning, Miami) - Shiri and Constance are guests on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC. They also talk about UnREAL on The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT. Constance will be on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- Thomas Middleditch, Kumail Nanjiani and Zach Woods (Silicon Valley) - Thomas, Kumail and Zach are guests on a repeat of Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Jack Black (The Brink) - Jack appears on a repeat of The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Olivia Munn (Perfect Couples) - Olivia is a guest on a repeat of The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Will Smith (The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air) - Will and the cast of Suicide Squad are guests on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am.
- Jessie T. Usher (Survivor's Remorse) - Jessie shares his One Last Thing on People Now at 8:30am.
- Anna Gunn (Down the Shore) - Anna is a guest on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Cameron Esposito and Rhea Butcher (Take My Wife) - Cameron and Rhea discuss their new Seeso original comedy series Take My Wife on the AOL Build Show at 2:30pm.
- John Corbett (Sex&Drugs&Rock&Roll/United States of Tara/Sex and the City) - John discusses his role of Flash, the much-acclaimed former lead guitarist of The Heathens, the band he formed with Johnny (Denis Leary) in the FX hit comedy Sex&Drugs&Rock&Roll on the AOL Build Show at 4pm.