Monday, January 24, 2011
TV Guide Network is offering plenty of stuff for stations to buy. A range of programming from TV Guide Network is being offered by Lionsgate at NATPE, including the original docu-soap Nail Files. Alongside its own returning flagship series such as Mad Men and Weeds, Lionsgate is debuting Are We There Yet?, a sitcom based on the movie of the same name starring Ice Cube (original episodes air on TBS).
Camelot Entertainment Group, Inc. announced today that Camelot Distribution Group President, Jamie Thompson, will head up the Camelot Distribution sales team at NATPE. Camelot, which is currently attending the Sundance Film Festival, will be exhibiting both new distribution titles and its extensive library that includes television programming such as the 1960's series Daniel Boone and Peter Gunn.
In clearance news, Debmar-Mercury has been signed to distribute the program America Now, a joint venture program between Raycom Media and ITV Studios America, as a daily syndicated strip for fall 2011, reports B&C. Hosted by Bill Rancic and produced by ITV Studios America, America Now is a lifestyle-newsmagazine program featuring content from the various Raycom stations, including WOIO Cleveland and WBTV Charlotte, across the country. Airing weekends on 43 stations in 36 markets, it debuted in October 2010.
Among the first-run series that are a firm go are the Anderson Cooper talk show, The Bill Cunnigham Show, Jeremy Kyle Show and game show Excused. More info will come on these and if any other first-run series are cleared to air.
And finally, ValCom, Inc. announced today that its My Family TV subsidiary has signed affiliation agreements that will place the network in strategic markets across the country. In recent weeks the network signed agreements that will place the network in Detroit, Houston, Fresno, Miami, Key West, Hilton Head, South Carolina, St. George, Utah and Melbourne, Florida to reach over 5 million additional homes. Networks are valued at .25 cents to $3 per home. The addition of these markets helps with our strategic plan and increases shareholder value.
Come on back tomorrow for day 2 at NATPE!
As of last week, The Hallmark Channel has scheduled a 24-hour marathon for classic '50s sitcom I Love Lucy for Saturday, Jan. 29, 2011. The marathon begins at 6am on Saturday and lasts all day and night through 6am the very next day. The marathon will be a "true" marathon with no episodes repeating.
This is in addition to the already scheduled 24-hour marathon for '70s drama Little House on the Prairie on the very next day (Sunday, Jan. 30) starting at 6am.
I Love Lucy regularly airs on Hallmark weekday mornings from 6am-8am and on late nights on Sunday nights from 2-4am, while Little House on the Prairie airs weekdays 3pm-6pm and in primetime at 8pm.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (April)
04/05 - 10 Items or Less - The Complete Series
04/05 - Episodes - The Fourth Season
04/05 - The Odd Couple (2015) - Season One
04/12 - Family Matters - The Complete Sixth Season
04/12 - Grace and Frankie - Season One
04/12 - Welcome to Sweden - The Complete Second Season
04/19 - Silicon Valley - The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
04/19 - Veep - The Complete Fourth Season (Blu-ray)
04/26 - The Beverly Hillbillies - The Official First Season
04/26 - Hot in Cleveland - Season Six
04/26 - Hot in Cleveland - The Complete Series
04/26 - Schitt's Creek - The Complete Second Season
04/29 - The Monkees - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Sunday, May 1
Bob's Burgers - "Hauntening" (Fox, 7:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
The Belchers are ready for an amazing Halloween! Louise reveals that she has never been scared before and the family sets out to visit a spooky haunted house. When trouble ensues following their visit, the Belchers find themselves in a zany situation more frightening than they bargained for.
The Simpsons - "The Girl Code" (Fox, 7:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
After a photo Marge posts on social media gets Homer fired, he returns to the best job he ever had, a dishwasher at a Greek restaurant. This same post inspires Lisa to code an app that predicts the real-life consequences of anything you post online, only to create sentient artificial intelligence.
The Carmichael Show - "Facebook Friends" (NBC, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Joe (David Alan Grier) joins Facebook and receives a friend request from his high school girlfriend which upsets Cynthia (Loretta Devine). Meanwhile, the family explores how social media can affect their relationships and what it means to create an online persona.
Crowded - "Better Man" (NBC, 9:30PM ET/PT)
When Mike (Patrick Warburton) stumbles across a Viagra pill, he and Martina (Carrie Preston) decide to takes it once for fun, but then become worried about going back to business as usual. Meanwhile, Stella (Mia Serafino) starts a YouTube channel but can't handle the mean comments, and Shea (Miranda Cosgrove) finds her own magic pill she can't give up.
Monday, May 2
- Louis C.K. (Louie) - Watch Louis on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Carol Kane (Taxi/American Dreamer/Pearl) - Carol drops by Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- John Stamos (Grandfathered/Jake in Progress/Full House) - John visits The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Tituss Burgess (Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt) - Tituss is a guest on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Riki Lindhome (Another Period/Super Fun Night) - Riki drops by The Nightly Show with Larry Wilmore at 11:30pm on Comedy Central.
- Rachael Harris (Surviving Jack/Notes from the Underbelly) - Rachael appears on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Amanda Crew (Silicon Valley) - Amanda stops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Dave Coulier (Fuller House/Full House) - Dave is a guest on The Meredith Vieira Show, so check your local listings.
- Tichina Arnold (Survivor's Remorse/Happily Divorced/Everybody Hates Chris/Martin) - Tichina appears on The Real, so check your local listings.
- Morris Chestnut (Out All Night) - Morris discusses Rosewood on the AOL Build Show at 3:45pm.
- Bill Engvall (The Bill Engvall Show) - Bill appears on The Doctors, so check your local listings.
- Jesse Tyler Ferguson (Modern Family/The Class) - Jesse is a guest on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Sutton Foster (Younger) - Sutton appears on People Now.