Monday, January 24, 2011
TV Guide Network is offering plenty of stuff for stations to buy. A range of programming from TV Guide Network is being offered by Lionsgate at NATPE, including the original docu-soap Nail Files. Alongside its own returning flagship series such as Mad Men and Weeds, Lionsgate is debuting Are We There Yet?, a sitcom based on the movie of the same name starring Ice Cube (original episodes air on TBS).
Camelot Entertainment Group, Inc. announced today that Camelot Distribution Group President, Jamie Thompson, will head up the Camelot Distribution sales team at NATPE. Camelot, which is currently attending the Sundance Film Festival, will be exhibiting both new distribution titles and its extensive library that includes television programming such as the 1960's series Daniel Boone and Peter Gunn.
In clearance news, Debmar-Mercury has been signed to distribute the program America Now, a joint venture program between Raycom Media and ITV Studios America, as a daily syndicated strip for fall 2011, reports B&C. Hosted by Bill Rancic and produced by ITV Studios America, America Now is a lifestyle-newsmagazine program featuring content from the various Raycom stations, including WOIO Cleveland and WBTV Charlotte, across the country. Airing weekends on 43 stations in 36 markets, it debuted in October 2010.
Among the first-run series that are a firm go are the Anderson Cooper talk show, The Bill Cunnigham Show, Jeremy Kyle Show and game show Excused. More info will come on these and if any other first-run series are cleared to air.
And finally, ValCom, Inc. announced today that its My Family TV subsidiary has signed affiliation agreements that will place the network in strategic markets across the country. In recent weeks the network signed agreements that will place the network in Detroit, Houston, Fresno, Miami, Key West, Hilton Head, South Carolina, St. George, Utah and Melbourne, Florida to reach over 5 million additional homes. Networks are valued at .25 cents to $3 per home. The addition of these markets helps with our strategic plan and increases shareholder value.
Come on back tomorrow for day 2 at NATPE!
As of last week, The Hallmark Channel has scheduled a 24-hour marathon for classic '50s sitcom I Love Lucy for Saturday, Jan. 29, 2011. The marathon begins at 6am on Saturday and lasts all day and night through 6am the very next day. The marathon will be a "true" marathon with no episodes repeating.
This is in addition to the already scheduled 24-hour marathon for '70s drama Little House on the Prairie on the very next day (Sunday, Jan. 30) starting at 6am.
I Love Lucy regularly airs on Hallmark weekday mornings from 6am-8am and on late nights on Sunday nights from 2-4am, while Little House on the Prairie airs weekdays 3pm-6pm and in primetime at 8pm.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (October/November/December)
10/07 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - Classic Christmas Episodes
10/07 - The Flying Nun - The Complete First and Second Seasons (Mill Creek)
10/07 - The Middle - The Complete Fifth Season (Warner Archive)
10/07 - The Office - The Complete Series
10/07 - The Wonders Years - Season One
10/10 - The Wonder Years - The Complete Series - TARGET="_blank">Read Our Review / The Signature Edition / Seasons 1-3
10/14 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Third Season
10/14 - Two and a Half Men - The Complete Eleventh Season
10/21 - Married with Children - Seasons 5 and 6 (Mill Crek)
10/21 - The Soul Man - The Complete Second Season
10/21 - Square Pegs - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
10/28 - WKRP in Cincinnati - The Complete Series
11/04 - Hot in Cleveland - Season Five
11/04 - Napoleon Dynamite - The Complete Animated Series
11/04 - Sgt. Bilko (The Phil Silvers Show) - The Complete Series
11/11 - Dads - The Complete Series
11/11 - Family Ties - The Complete Series
11/11 - My Favorite Martian - Best of Collection
11/11 - Taxi - The Complete Series
11/11 - Wings - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
11/18 - King of the Hill - The Complete Seventh Season / The Complete Eighth Season
11/25 - Better Off Ted - The Complete Second Season
12/02 - Happy Days - The Sixth Season
12/09 - Barney Miller - The Complete Sixth Season
12/09 - The Jeffersons - The Complete Series
12/09 - Mister Ed - The Complete Series
12/09 - Mork & Mindy - The Fourth Season / The Complete Series
12/16 - The Many Loves of Dobie Gillis - The Final (Fourth) Season
12/23 - My Favorite Martian - Season Two - Collector's Edition
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Friday, October 24
Last Man Standing - "School Merger" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Mike and Chuck debate the merits of a local ballot measure merging their upscale neighborhood high school with one in the inner city. For Halloween, Ryan dresses up Boyd as a lump of coal – another reminder to Vanessa how her job as a geologist may be hurting the environment.
Cristela - "Mr. Felix and Ms. Daniela" (ABC, 8:30PM ET/PT)
After Daniela’s friend mistakes Cristela for the nanny, tensions flare between the two sisters and surprisingly it is Felix who brings them back together. Meanwhile, Alberto tries to get closer to Cristela in an unexpected way.
Friday, October 24
- Jerry Seinfeld (Seinfeld) - Watch Jerry on a repeat of The Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Sarah Silverman (The Sarah Silverman Program) - Sarah appears on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- John Mulaney (Mulaney) - John is a guest on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Melissa Fumero (Brooklyn Nine-Nine) - Melissa appears on a repeat of Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Neil Patrick Harris (How I Met Your Mother/Stark Raving Mad/Doogie Howser, M.D.) - Neil discusses his new autobiography on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Sean Hayes (The Millers/Sean Saves the World/Will & Grace) - Sean visits The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Amy Yasbeck (Wings) - Amy talks about the legacy of her late husband, John Ritter, and the foundation created in his honor on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Suzanne Somers (Three's Company/Step by Step) - Suzanne chats on The Better Show, so check your local listings.
- Analeigh Tipton (Manattan Love Story) - Analeigh is a guest on The Better Show, so check your local listings.
- John Lithgow (3rd Rock from the Sun/Twenty Good Years) - John talks A Delicate Balance on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am.
- Jenny Slate (Married/Parks and Recreation) - Jenny chats about her book (Marcel the Shell: The Most Surprised I've Ever Been) on NBC's Today in the 9am hour.
- Laurence Fisburne (black-ish) - Laurence appears on The Queen Latifah Show on your local station or at 2am on BET.