Wednesday, November 17, 2010
Married with Childen on CMT Sighting; Retired at 35 Premieres Jan. 19 on TV Land; 30 Rock Renewed for 2011-12
Married...with Children is a split deal between TBS and Viacom, with TBS only having the late night rights from 2am-7am ET, and Viacom networks have the rest of the time (7am-2am). Viacom networks like to share series among their own networks as you all know. One that has shown up lately is That '70s Show airing weeknights at 6 on MTV, while still airing on sister network TeenNick at 11pm. So I'm not sure why Married can't be on two networks for Viacom either? Stay with us for any further updates on Married...with Children, because "you can't have none, you can't have one without the other."
We already told you that the season premiere of TV Land's original sitcom Hot in Cleveland would be Wednesday, Jan. 19 at 10pm, but now TV Land as officially announced that new sitcom Retired at 35 will air at 10:30. This January, TV Land is delivering a star-powered full hour of original comedy with the premiere of Retired at 35 on Wednesday, January 19, 2011 at 10:30 PM ET/PT following the return of cable's #1 sitcom Hot in Cleveland. Retired at 35 is TV Land's second original sitcom and stars veteran actors George Segal and Jessica Walter and newcomers Johnathan McClain, Josh McDermitt and Ryan Michelle Bathe. TV Land's first original sitcom, Hot in Cleveland, premiered this past summer and became basic cable's #1 sitcom of all-time among the network's target audience of A24-54 and total viewers. In its 10-episode run it even out-delivered shows like Mad Men, Real Housewives of New Jersey, Top Chef and Nip/Tuck.
Peter Bonerz (Just Shoot Me), Kym Douglas (Good Day LA), Tony®-winning actress Christine Ebersole (Grey Gardens), Estelle Harris (Seinfeld) Mimi Kennedy (Dharma and Greg), Mark Christopher Lawrence (Chuck), Shelley Long (Cheers), Chris McDonald (House Bunny), John O'Hurley (Seinfeld), Christina Pickles (Friends) Ashley Williams (Saving Grace), Jay Thomas (Mr. Holland's Opus, Cheers), Fred Willard (Fernwood 2Night, Everybody Loves Raymond) and George Wyner (The Mentalist, House) will ALL guest star in the first season of Retired at 35, which spans 10 episodes.
Retired at 35 follows a disillusioned Manhattan businessman (McClain) who decides to leave the New York City rat race and retire to Florida...30 years early! He ends up moving into his parents' (Segal and Walter) condo to reconnect with them, reevaluate his life and live the sometime elusive dream of early retirement that so many are working toward. Once there, he settles into the carefree retired lifestyle or, as his hedonistic Dad describes it, "like college in slow-motion."
NBC has picked up its Emmy Award-winning comedy 30 Rock (Thursdays, 8:30pm, moving to 10pm in January ET) for another season through 2011-12. The pickup comes as 30 Rock also celebrates its 100th episode this season along with the timeslot move to 10pm beginning January 20, 2011.
Multiple award-winning comedy series 30 Rock is told through the comedic voice of Emmy and two-time Golden Globe winner Tina Fey as variety show producer Liz Lemon, and features Emmy and three-time Golden Globe winner Alec Baldwin as top network executive Jack Donaghy and Emmy nominee Tracy Morgan as Tracy Jordan, the unpredictable star of Lemon's hit variety show, "TGS with Tracy Jordan." Lemon constantly has her hands full, juggling corporate interference from Donaghy and off-the-handle star antics from Jordan, all while attempting to salvage her own personal life.
Also rounding out the cast are two-time Emmy nominee Jane Krakowski as Jenna Maroney, the co-star of "TGS"; Scott Adsit as the variety show's producer Pete Hornberger; Emmy nominee Jack McBrayer as Kenneth, the over-eager and effortlessly endearing NBC page; Judah Friedlander as Frank, the sardonic slacker on the writing staff; and Keith Powell as Toofer, the sophisticated yet sarcastic, Harvard-alum writer.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (February/March)
02/07 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - Sabrina Down Under
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 1 - School's Cool - Boy Crazy
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 2 - About a Family - Hangin' Out
02/07 - 227 - The Complete First Season (Mill Creek)
02/07 - Vice Principals - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
02/14 - Beavis and Butt-Head - The Complete Collection
02/14 - Grace and Frankie - Season Two
02/28 - Fuller House - The Complete First Season
03/03 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - Now... In Living Color! (Blu-ray)
03/07 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - Mama's Family - Mama's Favorites
03/07 - That '70s Show - The Complete Series - Flashback Edition (Blu-ray)
03/07 - What I Like About You - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - You Me Her - Season One
03/14 - Newhart - The Final (Eighth) Season
03/14 - Unbrekable Kimmy Schmidt - Season Two
03/21 - Master of None - Season One
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Thursday, March 30
The Big Bang Theory - "The Collaboration Fluctuation" (CBS, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Leonard, Penny and Raj adjust to their new living arrangement, and Sheldon takes an interest in Amy’s work.
The Great Indoors - "Cubicles" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT)
When Jack can’t concentrate because of the millennials’ distracting juvenile behavior, Brooke installs cubicles in the bullpen.
Mom - "Black Mold and an Old Hot Dog" (CBS, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Christy helps Jill adjust to being a new foster mother, and Bonnie has trouble convincing tenants that she’s a good building manager.
Life in Pieces - "Sleepover Dream Light Haze" (CBS, 9:30PM ET/PT)
When Matt and Colleen take a strong sleep aid, they start experiencing crazy sleepwalking adventures. Also, Greg gets upset when Jen reveals she had a sex dream about a member of the family; Tim regrets missing a slumber party when he was a kid so he insists on helping Sophia make it through a friend’s sleepover; and John installs a motion-sensor light in the yard that flashes repeatedly, keeping them up at night. Fortune Feimster returns as Colleen’s roommate, Dougie, and J.B. Smoove returns as John and Joan’s neighbor, Darryl.
Superstore - "Seasonal Help" (NBC, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Much to Amy's (America Ferrera) dismay, Glenn (Mark McKinney) hires Amy's husband, Adam (guest star Ryan Gaul), for some extra help, exposing her in ways in which she is not prepared. Frustrated with the lazy, noncommittal temps, Jonah (Ben Feldman) and Garrett (Colton Dunn) start an employee draft to place bets on who will quit first while Glenn tries to find the perfect person to play Santa at the store for Christmas.
Powerless - "I'ma Friend You" (NBC, 8:30PM ET/PT)
When Emily (Vanessa Hudgens) learns that Jackie (Christina Kirk) is in need of some extra cash, she can't help but try and do what she can to help her out. Meanwhile, Van (Alan Tudyk) is on a witch hunt and has his eyes set on Teddy (Danny Pudi), Ron (Ron Funches) and Wendy (Jennie Pierson).
Thursday, March 30
- Matthew Perry (The Odd Couple/Go On/Mr. Sunshine/Friends) - Catch Matthew on a repeat of Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC. He will also be on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am and the AOL Build Show at 4pm.
- Louis C.K. (Louie/Lucky Louie) - Louie appears on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Regina King (227) - Regina stops by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Marisa Tomei (A Different World) - Marissa is a guest on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Christine Baranski (Cybill/Happy Family/Welcome to New York) - Christine appears on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Kristen Schaal (The Last Man on Earth/Bob's Burgers/Flight of the Conchords) - Kristen visits Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Adam Scott (Parks and Recreation) - Adam drops by The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Brooklyn Decker (Grace and Frankie/Friends with Better Lives) - Brooklyn is a guest on Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Wanda Sykes (The New Adventures of Old Christine/Wanda at Large) - Wanda appears on Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Christian Slater (Breaking In) - Christian guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Kristen Bell (The Good Place) - Kristen is a guest on a repeat of The Real, so check your listings.
- Alec Baldwin (30 Rock) and Lisa Kudrow (Friends/The Comeback) - Alec and Lisa talk about The Baby Boss on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am.
- Katey Sagal (Superior Donuts/Married with Children/8 Simple Rules) - Katey discusses her new book Grace Notes: My Recollections on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am. She will also be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 11:30am ET.
- Zach Braff (Scrubs) - Zach will be on NBC's Today in the 9am hour.
- Craig Ferguson (The Drew Carey Show) - Craig is a guest on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.