Wednesday, November 17, 2010
Married with Childen on CMT Sighting; Retired at 35 Premieres Jan. 19 on TV Land; 30 Rock Renewed for 2011-12
Married...with Children is a split deal between TBS and Viacom, with TBS only having the late night rights from 2am-7am ET, and Viacom networks have the rest of the time (7am-2am). Viacom networks like to share series among their own networks as you all know. One that has shown up lately is That '70s Show airing weeknights at 6 on MTV, while still airing on sister network TeenNick at 11pm. So I'm not sure why Married can't be on two networks for Viacom either? Stay with us for any further updates on Married...with Children, because "you can't have none, you can't have one without the other."
We already told you that the season premiere of TV Land's original sitcom Hot in Cleveland would be Wednesday, Jan. 19 at 10pm, but now TV Land as officially announced that new sitcom Retired at 35 will air at 10:30. This January, TV Land is delivering a star-powered full hour of original comedy with the premiere of Retired at 35 on Wednesday, January 19, 2011 at 10:30 PM ET/PT following the return of cable's #1 sitcom Hot in Cleveland. Retired at 35 is TV Land's second original sitcom and stars veteran actors George Segal and Jessica Walter and newcomers Johnathan McClain, Josh McDermitt and Ryan Michelle Bathe. TV Land's first original sitcom, Hot in Cleveland, premiered this past summer and became basic cable's #1 sitcom of all-time among the network's target audience of A24-54 and total viewers. In its 10-episode run it even out-delivered shows like Mad Men, Real Housewives of New Jersey, Top Chef and Nip/Tuck.
Peter Bonerz (Just Shoot Me), Kym Douglas (Good Day LA), Tony®-winning actress Christine Ebersole (Grey Gardens), Estelle Harris (Seinfeld) Mimi Kennedy (Dharma and Greg), Mark Christopher Lawrence (Chuck), Shelley Long (Cheers), Chris McDonald (House Bunny), John O'Hurley (Seinfeld), Christina Pickles (Friends) Ashley Williams (Saving Grace), Jay Thomas (Mr. Holland's Opus, Cheers), Fred Willard (Fernwood 2Night, Everybody Loves Raymond) and George Wyner (The Mentalist, House) will ALL guest star in the first season of Retired at 35, which spans 10 episodes.
Retired at 35 follows a disillusioned Manhattan businessman (McClain) who decides to leave the New York City rat race and retire to Florida...30 years early! He ends up moving into his parents' (Segal and Walter) condo to reconnect with them, reevaluate his life and live the sometime elusive dream of early retirement that so many are working toward. Once there, he settles into the carefree retired lifestyle or, as his hedonistic Dad describes it, "like college in slow-motion."
NBC has picked up its Emmy Award-winning comedy 30 Rock (Thursdays, 8:30pm, moving to 10pm in January ET) for another season through 2011-12. The pickup comes as 30 Rock also celebrates its 100th episode this season along with the timeslot move to 10pm beginning January 20, 2011.
Multiple award-winning comedy series 30 Rock is told through the comedic voice of Emmy and two-time Golden Globe winner Tina Fey as variety show producer Liz Lemon, and features Emmy and three-time Golden Globe winner Alec Baldwin as top network executive Jack Donaghy and Emmy nominee Tracy Morgan as Tracy Jordan, the unpredictable star of Lemon's hit variety show, "TGS with Tracy Jordan." Lemon constantly has her hands full, juggling corporate interference from Donaghy and off-the-handle star antics from Jordan, all while attempting to salvage her own personal life.
Also rounding out the cast are two-time Emmy nominee Jane Krakowski as Jenna Maroney, the co-star of "TGS"; Scott Adsit as the variety show's producer Pete Hornberger; Emmy nominee Jack McBrayer as Kenneth, the over-eager and effortlessly endearing NBC page; Judah Friedlander as Frank, the sardonic slacker on the writing staff; and Keith Powell as Toofer, the sophisticated yet sarcastic, Harvard-alum writer.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (January/February)
01/03 - Girls - The Complete Fifth Season (Blu-ray)
01/10 - Broad City - Season 3
01/17 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #2 (Colorized)
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume One
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume Two
01/24 - Hooperman - Season One / Review
01/24 - Hooperman - Season Two / Review
01/31 - Ballers - The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
02/07 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - Sabrina Down Under
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 1 - School's Cool - Boy Crazy
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 2 - About a Family - Hangin' Out
02/07 - 227 - The Complete First Season (Mill Creek)
02/07 - Vice Principals - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
02/14 - Beavis and Butt-Head - The Complete Collection
02/14 - Grace and Frankie - Season Two
02/28 - Fuller House - The Complete First Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Wednesday, February 22
The Goldbergs - "So Swayze It's Crazy" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
After Adam sees his friend on television, he asks Beverly for her help to become an actor, so Beverly enlists his friend’s mom Edie, who is a kid talent agent in town. Unfortunately, Edie insists Adam can only get “nerd” roles, so Beverly goes on a quest to make Adam a teenage heartthrob. Meanwhile, Barry decides to embrace the punk lifestyle, and Murray attempts to become more involved in Erica’s life, but it backfires.
Speechless - "O-S-- OSCAR P-A-- PARTY" (ABC, 8:30PM ET/PT)
When the Dimeos throw their annual Oscar party with other special-needs families, Maya feels threatened by new mom Becca, who seems a little too perfect. Meanwhile, Jimmy encourages the fathers at the party to let loose while Ray tries to impress a girl by pretending to be someone he is not.
Modern Family - "Heavy Is the Head" (ABC, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Despite their lofty hopes, Phil and Jay’s property investment might turn out to be a bust, forcing Phil to rethink his original dream. Meanwhile, Cam lands in the hospital due to a head injury and refuses to have an MRI thanks to a traumatic incident with a well when he was a child. Determined to finally impress Claire and keep her from re-gifting her birthday present, Gloria surprises her with a day of luxury at the office. However, after Claire had to implement some rather harsh budget cuts at work, a massage at her desk may not be sending the right message.
black-ish - "One Angry Man" (ABC, 9:30PM ET/PT)
Dre is forced to participate in jury duty after Junior responds to the summons that was thrown away. The case is supposed to be open and shut, but when Dre sees that the defendant is a young African American, he feels a civic responsibility to give him a fair trial. Meanwhile, Bow decides to let the kids swear in the house since they are more open with her that way, but she and Ruby soon regret the decision.
It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia - "The Gang Tends Bar" (FXX, 10:00PM ET/PT)
It's Valentine's Day and Paddy's is packed with customers. Dennis implores the gang to do one day of actual work but everyone else is distracted by a mystery crate Cricket spotted in the alley. Eventually, the gang becomes convinced Dennis really wants them to work on their relationships and everyone shares their grievances without much resolution.
Man Seeking Woman - "Dolphin" (FXX, 10:30PM ET/PT)
When her mom becomes obsessed with Josh's wedding, Liz seeks out her estranged father (Peter Gallagher).
Schitt's Creek - "General Store" (Pop, 8:00PM ET/PT)
David comes up with a new business venture; Alexis adjusts to her first day of school.
Wednesday, February 22
- Tom Hanks (Bosom Buddies) and George Clooney (The Facts of Life/Roseanne) - Tom and George are guests on a repeat of the 2012 Jimmy Kimmel Live: After the Oscars special at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Ariana Grande (Sam & Cat) - Ariana drops by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Ken Jeong (Dr. Ken/Community) - Ken visits The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Kelly Ripa (Hope & Faith) - Kelly is a guest on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Billy Gardell (Mike & Molly)- Billy appears on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. He will also be on the AOL Build Show at 11am.
- Terry Crews (Brooklyn Nine-Nine/Are We There Yet?/Everybody Hates Chris) - Terry stops by Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC. He also talks about Ultimate Beastmaster on NBC's Today in the 9am hour and on the AOL Build Show at 2pm.
- Ron Funches (Powerless/Undateable) - Ron is a guest on Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Demi Lovato (Sonny with a Chance) - Demi appears on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- NeNe Leakes (The New Normal) - NeNe guest co-hosts The Real, so check your local listings.
- Matt Shively (The Real O'Neals/True Jackson, VP) - Matt is a guest on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Justin Bartha (The New Normal) - Justin joins the Chew Crew on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Wendi McLendon-Covey (The Goldbergs/Rules of Engagement/Reno 911!) - Wendi will be on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am.
- Will Forte (The Last Man on Earth/The Cleveland Show) - Will talks about The Last Man on Earth on NBC's Today in the 10am hour. He will also be on Good Day New York on WNYW-Fox5 in New York sometime between 7-10am.
- Rosie Perez (Search Party) - Rosie is a guest on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 11:30am ET.
- Allison Williams (Girls) - Allison appears on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Yvette Nicole Brown (The Odd Couple/Community) - Yvette dishes about the new season of SuperMansion on Crackle on The Wendy Williams Show at 2am on BET or on your local stations.
- Mike Epps (Uncle Buck/Survivor's Remorse) - Mike is a guest on Steve Harvey, so check your local listings.
- Eva Longoria (Telenovela) - Eva chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Mark Consuelos (Hope & Faith) - Mark guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.