Wednesday, November 17, 2010
Married with Childen on CMT Sighting; Retired at 35 Premieres Jan. 19 on TV Land; 30 Rock Renewed for 2011-12
Married...with Children is a split deal between TBS and Viacom, with TBS only having the late night rights from 2am-7am ET, and Viacom networks have the rest of the time (7am-2am). Viacom networks like to share series among their own networks as you all know. One that has shown up lately is That '70s Show airing weeknights at 6 on MTV, while still airing on sister network TeenNick at 11pm. So I'm not sure why Married can't be on two networks for Viacom either? Stay with us for any further updates on Married...with Children, because "you can't have none, you can't have one without the other."
We already told you that the season premiere of TV Land's original sitcom Hot in Cleveland would be Wednesday, Jan. 19 at 10pm, but now TV Land as officially announced that new sitcom Retired at 35 will air at 10:30. This January, TV Land is delivering a star-powered full hour of original comedy with the premiere of Retired at 35 on Wednesday, January 19, 2011 at 10:30 PM ET/PT following the return of cable's #1 sitcom Hot in Cleveland. Retired at 35 is TV Land's second original sitcom and stars veteran actors George Segal and Jessica Walter and newcomers Johnathan McClain, Josh McDermitt and Ryan Michelle Bathe. TV Land's first original sitcom, Hot in Cleveland, premiered this past summer and became basic cable's #1 sitcom of all-time among the network's target audience of A24-54 and total viewers. In its 10-episode run it even out-delivered shows like Mad Men, Real Housewives of New Jersey, Top Chef and Nip/Tuck.
Peter Bonerz (Just Shoot Me), Kym Douglas (Good Day LA), Tony®-winning actress Christine Ebersole (Grey Gardens), Estelle Harris (Seinfeld) Mimi Kennedy (Dharma and Greg), Mark Christopher Lawrence (Chuck), Shelley Long (Cheers), Chris McDonald (House Bunny), John O'Hurley (Seinfeld), Christina Pickles (Friends) Ashley Williams (Saving Grace), Jay Thomas (Mr. Holland's Opus, Cheers), Fred Willard (Fernwood 2Night, Everybody Loves Raymond) and George Wyner (The Mentalist, House) will ALL guest star in the first season of Retired at 35, which spans 10 episodes.
Retired at 35 follows a disillusioned Manhattan businessman (McClain) who decides to leave the New York City rat race and retire to Florida...30 years early! He ends up moving into his parents' (Segal and Walter) condo to reconnect with them, reevaluate his life and live the sometime elusive dream of early retirement that so many are working toward. Once there, he settles into the carefree retired lifestyle or, as his hedonistic Dad describes it, "like college in slow-motion."
NBC has picked up its Emmy Award-winning comedy 30 Rock (Thursdays, 8:30pm, moving to 10pm in January ET) for another season through 2011-12. The pickup comes as 30 Rock also celebrates its 100th episode this season along with the timeslot move to 10pm beginning January 20, 2011.
Multiple award-winning comedy series 30 Rock is told through the comedic voice of Emmy and two-time Golden Globe winner Tina Fey as variety show producer Liz Lemon, and features Emmy and three-time Golden Globe winner Alec Baldwin as top network executive Jack Donaghy and Emmy nominee Tracy Morgan as Tracy Jordan, the unpredictable star of Lemon's hit variety show, "TGS with Tracy Jordan." Lemon constantly has her hands full, juggling corporate interference from Donaghy and off-the-handle star antics from Jordan, all while attempting to salvage her own personal life.
Also rounding out the cast are two-time Emmy nominee Jane Krakowski as Jenna Maroney, the co-star of "TGS"; Scott Adsit as the variety show's producer Pete Hornberger; Emmy nominee Jack McBrayer as Kenneth, the over-eager and effortlessly endearing NBC page; Judah Friedlander as Frank, the sardonic slacker on the writing staff; and Keith Powell as Toofer, the sophisticated yet sarcastic, Harvard-alum writer.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (December/January)
12/06 - Family Guy - Season Fourteen
12/13 - American Dad! - Volume 11
12/13 - Newhart - The Complete Seventh Season
01/03 - Girls - The Complete Fifth Season (Blu-ray)
01/10 - Broad City - Season 3
01/17 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #2 (Colorized)
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume One
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume Two
01/24 - Hooperman - Season One
01/24 - Hooperman - Season Two
01/31 - Ballers - The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Friday, January 20
Last Man Standing - "A House Divided" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
When Mike and Vanessa ask newlyweds Mandy and Kyle to tone down their constant displays of affection, Mandy agrees but only if her parents become more discreet in the way they express their feelings to each other. Meanwhile, Kristen gets Eve a gig playing at the Grill, but Ed wants to fire her after a lackluster performance.
Dr. Ken - "A Day in the Life" (ABC, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Amy (guest star Yvette Nicole Brown), the producer of a documentary health series, follows Ken around to record a typical day at an HMO, giving Ken his big moment in the limelight. But much to Ken’s chagrin, a series of the less than thrilling day-to-day parts of the job at Welltopia leads Ken to doubt his own career choice.
Friday, January 20
- Anthony Anderson (black-ish/Guys with Kids/All About the Andersons) - Catch Anthony on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- JoAnna Garcia Swisher (Reba/Better with You) - JoAnna visits The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Jim Gaffigan (The Jim Gaffigan Show/My Boys/Welcome to New York) - Jim stops by The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Cristela Alonzo (Cristela) - Cristela drops by The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- John Lithgow (3rd Rock from the Sun/Twenty Good Years) - John is a guest on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Ken Jeong (Dr. Ken/Community) - Ken is a guest on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC. He also appears on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Nicole Byer (Loosely, Exactly Nicole) - Nicole appears on a repeat of Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Joe Jonas (Jonas L.A.) - Joe guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Bernadette Peters (Mozart in the Jungle/All's Fair) - Bernadette is a guest on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Queen Latifah (Living Single) - Queen Latifah is a guest on a repeat of Rachael Ray, so check your local listings.
- Andrew Dice Clay (Bless This House/Hitz) - Andrew stops by Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Johnny Galecki (The Big Bang Theory/Roseanne - Johnny discusses his role in the new film, Rings, and dishes on this season of The Big Bang Theory on the AOL Build Show at 1pm.