Thursday, December 23, 2010
TV Land Has Best Primetime Ratings In 2010 Since 2007; Growing Pains, Malcolm Leave TeenNick; Brothers & Sisters Marathon on ReelzChannel
According to The Nielsen Company, TV Land posted a 0.3 rating & 363,000 viewers in primetime for the year among Adults 25-54, up 17% in rating and viewers 25-54 over last year. Among women 25-54 in primetime for 2010, the network scored a 0.4 rating and 209,000 viewers in the demo, up 29% in both rating and viewers over 2009. The network attracted an average of 827,000 total viewers for the year in primetime, up 15% over one year ago.
Hot in Cleveland, which premiered on June 16, 2010, is the #1 cable sitcom. The series, which is the network's first original scripted series, averaged a 2.0 rating and 2.1 million viewers among A25-54. Among Women 25-54, the series scored a 2.6 rating and 1.4 million viewers. The series averaged 4.3 million total viewers for the season.
TV Land's highest-rated acquisition, Everybody Loves Raymond, continues to impress, posting a 0.4 rating and 444,000 viewers among A25-54 and a 0.5 rating and 268,000 viewers among W25-54, an outstanding 43% gain in rating and audience with A25-54 and up 66% in rating and audience with W25-54 versus years ago levels. It averaged nearly 1 million total viewers (985,000), up 37% compared to last year.
And finally, TV Land scored record-breaking numbers for its star-studded Eighth Annual TV Land Awards hosted by Tim Allen, attracting nearly 2 million total viewers for its Sunday, April 25 premiere from 9-10:30 p.m. ET/PT. The special was the highest-rated and most-watched TV Land Awards since 2004 among the network's key demos of: Adults 25-54, Women 25-54 and Total Viewers. The presentation averaged 1.7 million viewers, up 54% over last year's show. Among the network's target Adults 25-54 audience, the telecast earned a 0.7 rating and 757,000viewers, up 37% in rating and audience versus 2009's show. And among Women 25-54, TV Land earned a 0.7 rating and 401,000 viewers, up 53% in rating and audience over 2009's show.
Earlier this week TeenNick removed Malcolm in the Middle from its schedule. The series was airing every night at 10:00pm & 10:30pm with encores at 1:00am & 1:30am. It is believed to be because of low ratings. The sitcom was replaced by Degrasi on the schedule since Monday (Dec. 20). Malcolm didn't even last a month on the schedule. The series premiered on TeenNick on Nov. 26, as we mentioned. It is uncertain if and when it will return, or if it will go back to sister network Nick at Nite, where is came from.
Also of note, this week is the last airing of Growing Pains on TeenNick. The sitcom airs back-to-back in the 5:00am hour on Sunday nights (early Monday mornings). The December 26 (early Dec. 27) airings will be the last airings, as the contract expires in January. Show the Seaver family that smile by watching it one last time on TeenNick...DVR it if you can't wake up that early! Episodes 33 and 34 are airing. Hopefully Growing Pains will return somewhere on television soon, but at least the second season is FINALLY coming on DVD in 2011!
In the wild world of the Walker family, depicted in the hit drama series Brothers & Sisters, every family secret is fair game and though most of their dinner gatherings assemble in peace, most end in fireworks. Watch it all from the beginning as ReelzChannel - TV About Movies® presents a Brothers & Sisters marathon featuring the first 11 episodes, starting at 8am ET through 7pm ET on Friday, December 24 only on ReelzChannel.
The Brothers & Sisters marathon begins with the first episode where viewers are brought into the riveting Walker dynamic, where dirty secrets are family currency and conversations are often ignited by differing views on divorce, addiction, infidelity, war, politics and death. From there, we follow the Walkers as they deal with the untimely demise of patriarch William Walker (Tom Skerritt). Now, widow Nora Walker (Sally Field) and their children Sarah (Rachel Griffiths), Kitty (Calista Flockhart), Tommy (Balthazar Getty), Kevin (Matthew Rhys) and Justin (Dave Annable) are among those left to confront the secrets uncovered by his death, including the discovery of his mistress (Holly Harper played by Patricia Wettig), illegitimate child (Rebecca played by Emily VanCamp) and financial woes tied to the family business.
After the marathon, stay tuned to ReelzChannel for more Brothers & Sisters at 10pm ET/ 7pm PT after the Primetime Movie, South Pacific. And for all those die-hard Brothers & Sisters fans, ReelzChannel gives you two chances to watch every weekday with Brothers & Sisters at 2pm ET/11am PT and its permanent time of 10pm ET/ 7pm PT.
Stay tuned later tonight in the overnight for a look at the annual marathons on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day, along with Sunday, Dec. 26 marathons as well.
2 Broke Girls - "And the New Lease on Life" (CBS, 8:00PM ET/PT)
When Max and Caroline find out the lease is up on their apartment, they’re forced to find the original tenant and have him re-sign, claiming he still lives there, or risk being evicted. Hal Linden guest stars as the original tenant.
Friends with Better Lives - "Game Sext Match" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Will tries to be more adventurous by sexting with his new date, and Kate catches Jules and Andi planning Jules’ wedding without her.
Mike & Molly - "Mike's Manifold Destiny" (CBS, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Mike learns a lesson after his car breaks down and he’s forced to decide whether or not to accept a loan from Carl to fix it.
The Big Bang Theory - "The Raiders Minimization" (CBS, 9:30PM ET/PT)
Sheldon seeks revenge after Amy ruins one of his favorite movies. Meanwhile, Leonard discovers a way to get Penny to do anything, and Raj and Stuart create online dating profiles. Christine Baranski ("The Good Wife") returns as Leonard's mother.
Monday, April 21
- Courteney Cox (Cougar Town/Friends) - Watch Courteney The Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Jimmie "J.J." Walker (Good Times) - Jimmie appears on The Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Billy Bob Thornton (Hears Afire) - Billy Bob is a guest on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- George Lopez (Saint George/George Lopez) - George stops by The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:37am on CBS.
- Ari Graynor (Bad Teacher) - Ari visits The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:37am on CBS.
- Marlon Wayans (The Wayans Bros.) - Marlon is a guest on @midnight at midnight on Comedy Central.
- Bob Saget (How I Met Your Mother/Full House) - Bob is part of the guest panel on Chelsea Lately on E! at 11pm.
- Joseph Gordon-Levitt (3rd Rock from the Sun) - Joseph appears on a repeat of Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Gillian Jacobs (Community) - Tune in to see Gillian on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Paul Scheer (The League) - Paul is a guest on a repeat of The Pete Holmes Show at midnight on TBS.
- Christopher Meloni (Surviving Jack/The Fanelli Boys) - Christopher drops by The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Brooklyn Decker, Majandra Delfino and Zoe Lister-Jones (Friends with Better Lives) - The women of Friends with Better Lives are guests on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT. Zoe will also be on Pop Sugar Now on TV Guide Network at 6pm and on the next day on their website at noon.
- Drew Carey (The Drew Carey Show/The Good Life) - Drew visits The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Andre Braugher (Brooklyn Nine-Nine) - Andre will be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Kirstie Alley (Kirstie/Veronica's Closet/Cheers) - Kirstie throws down a figure-friendly chicken dinner on Rachael Ray, so check your local listings.
- Ted Lange (The Love Boat) - Ted is a guest on a repeat of The Better Show, so check your local listings.
- Brittany Daniel (The Game/That '80s Show) - Brittany shares her story of triumph over non-Hodgkins lymphoma on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Beau Bridges (The Millers) - Beau appears on The Queen Latifah Show at 12am on BET or on your local stations.
- Toni Collette (United States of Tara) - Toni will be on HuffPost Live.
- Thomas Haden Church (Wings) - Thomas is a guest on HuffPost Live.
- Sofia Vergara (Modern Family/Hot Properties/The Knights of Prosperity) - Sofia visits ABC's Good Morning America between 7-9am.
- James Van Der Beek (Friends with Better Lives/Don't Trust the B---- in Apartment 23) - James will be on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Holly Robinson Peete (Hangin' with Mr. Cooper/For Your Love) - Holly hosts the Plugged In panel on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Christine Lakin Step by Step) - Christine will be on Big Morning Buzz Live on VH1 at 10am all this week.