Thursday, December 23, 2010
TV Land Has Best Primetime Ratings In 2010 Since 2007; Growing Pains, Malcolm Leave TeenNick; Brothers & Sisters Marathon on ReelzChannel
According to The Nielsen Company, TV Land posted a 0.3 rating & 363,000 viewers in primetime for the year among Adults 25-54, up 17% in rating and viewers 25-54 over last year. Among women 25-54 in primetime for 2010, the network scored a 0.4 rating and 209,000 viewers in the demo, up 29% in both rating and viewers over 2009. The network attracted an average of 827,000 total viewers for the year in primetime, up 15% over one year ago.
Hot in Cleveland, which premiered on June 16, 2010, is the #1 cable sitcom. The series, which is the network's first original scripted series, averaged a 2.0 rating and 2.1 million viewers among A25-54. Among Women 25-54, the series scored a 2.6 rating and 1.4 million viewers. The series averaged 4.3 million total viewers for the season.
TV Land's highest-rated acquisition, Everybody Loves Raymond, continues to impress, posting a 0.4 rating and 444,000 viewers among A25-54 and a 0.5 rating and 268,000 viewers among W25-54, an outstanding 43% gain in rating and audience with A25-54 and up 66% in rating and audience with W25-54 versus years ago levels. It averaged nearly 1 million total viewers (985,000), up 37% compared to last year.
And finally, TV Land scored record-breaking numbers for its star-studded Eighth Annual TV Land Awards hosted by Tim Allen, attracting nearly 2 million total viewers for its Sunday, April 25 premiere from 9-10:30 p.m. ET/PT. The special was the highest-rated and most-watched TV Land Awards since 2004 among the network's key demos of: Adults 25-54, Women 25-54 and Total Viewers. The presentation averaged 1.7 million viewers, up 54% over last year's show. Among the network's target Adults 25-54 audience, the telecast earned a 0.7 rating and 757,000viewers, up 37% in rating and audience versus 2009's show. And among Women 25-54, TV Land earned a 0.7 rating and 401,000 viewers, up 53% in rating and audience over 2009's show.
Earlier this week TeenNick removed Malcolm in the Middle from its schedule. The series was airing every night at 10:00pm & 10:30pm with encores at 1:00am & 1:30am. It is believed to be because of low ratings. The sitcom was replaced by Degrasi on the schedule since Monday (Dec. 20). Malcolm didn't even last a month on the schedule. The series premiered on TeenNick on Nov. 26, as we mentioned. It is uncertain if and when it will return, or if it will go back to sister network Nick at Nite, where is came from.
Also of note, this week is the last airing of Growing Pains on TeenNick. The sitcom airs back-to-back in the 5:00am hour on Sunday nights (early Monday mornings). The December 26 (early Dec. 27) airings will be the last airings, as the contract expires in January. Show the Seaver family that smile by watching it one last time on TeenNick...DVR it if you can't wake up that early! Episodes 33 and 34 are airing. Hopefully Growing Pains will return somewhere on television soon, but at least the second season is FINALLY coming on DVD in 2011!
In the wild world of the Walker family, depicted in the hit drama series Brothers & Sisters, every family secret is fair game and though most of their dinner gatherings assemble in peace, most end in fireworks. Watch it all from the beginning as ReelzChannel - TV About Movies® presents a Brothers & Sisters marathon featuring the first 11 episodes, starting at 8am ET through 7pm ET on Friday, December 24 only on ReelzChannel.
The Brothers & Sisters marathon begins with the first episode where viewers are brought into the riveting Walker dynamic, where dirty secrets are family currency and conversations are often ignited by differing views on divorce, addiction, infidelity, war, politics and death. From there, we follow the Walkers as they deal with the untimely demise of patriarch William Walker (Tom Skerritt). Now, widow Nora Walker (Sally Field) and their children Sarah (Rachel Griffiths), Kitty (Calista Flockhart), Tommy (Balthazar Getty), Kevin (Matthew Rhys) and Justin (Dave Annable) are among those left to confront the secrets uncovered by his death, including the discovery of his mistress (Holly Harper played by Patricia Wettig), illegitimate child (Rebecca played by Emily VanCamp) and financial woes tied to the family business.
After the marathon, stay tuned to ReelzChannel for more Brothers & Sisters at 10pm ET/ 7pm PT after the Primetime Movie, South Pacific. And for all those die-hard Brothers & Sisters fans, ReelzChannel gives you two chances to watch every weekday with Brothers & Sisters at 2pm ET/11am PT and its permanent time of 10pm ET/ 7pm PT.
Stay tuned later tonight in the overnight for a look at the annual marathons on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day, along with Sunday, Dec. 26 marathons as well.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (June)
06/14 - Ballers - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
06/14 - The League - Season 7 - The Final Fantasy
06/14 - The League - The Complete Series
06/14 - Maude - The Complete Fifth Season
06/14 - Survivor's Remorse - The Complete Second Season
06/21 - Workaholics - Season Six
06/24 - The Monkees - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
06/28 - Two Guys and a Girl - The Complete Series
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Monday, June 27
Mom - "Snickerdoodle and a Nip Slip" (CBS, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
When Christy catches the eye of Candace’s wealthy, charming father, Fred, Candace and Baxter are outraged, while Bonnie pushes Christy to give him a chance. Harry Hamlin guest stars as Candace’s wealthy father, Fred. Sara Rue returns as Candace.
2 Broke Girls - "And the Basketball Jones" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Oleg’s pro-basketball playing cousin comes to town to play a game against Max’s favorite team and gifts her with two free tickets, but chaos ensues when the girls interfere with the game and risk ruining their cupcake business’ reputation in the process.
American Dad - "Standard Deviation" (TBS, 8:30PM ET/PT)
To avoid a suicide mission, Stan must beat Bullock in a DJ battle; Jeff starts drinking psychedelic teas and builds an imaginary musical instrument with Roger's help.
Angie Tribeca - "A Coldie but a Goodie" (TBS, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Tribeca believes that a 102-year-old's death isn't as natural as everyone thinks, but her concerns aren't heard because of her probation.
Odd Mom Out - "Fasting and Furious" (Bravo, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Jill's parents come to town to celebrate Yom Kippur and to take care of a matter of life and death; Vanessa flirts with the idea of a breakup; Brooke continues to punish Lex for betraying her.
Monday, June 27
- Eric Stonestreet (Modern Family) - Watch Eric on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Nia Long (Uncle Buck/The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air) - Nia is a guest on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Marc Maron (Maron) - Marc appears on a repeat of The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Jenny Slate (Married/Bob's Burgers) - Jenny stops by The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Connie Britton (Spin City/The Fighting Fitzgeralds/Lost at Home) - Connie is a guest on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Natasha Leggero (Another Period/Free Agents) - Natasha appears on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Zach Woods (Silicon Valley/Playing House/The Office) - Zach appears on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Greg Proops (True Jackson, VP) - Greg is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Jill Kargman (Odd Mom Out) - Jill visits Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Aubrey Plaza (Parks and Recreation) - Aubrey appears on Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- D.L. Hughley (The Hughleys) - D.L. guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Demi Lovato (Sonny with a Chance) - Demi appears on a repeat of The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Kellita Smith (The First Family/The Bernie Mac Show) - Kellita stops by The Real, so check your local listings.
- Jamie Lynn Spears (Zoey 101) - Jamie reveals that her husband and daughter are hounding her for more children on People Now at 8:30am.
- Craig Bierko (Unhitched/Madman of the People/Sydney) - Craig is a guest on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Michaela Watkins (Casual/Trophy Wife) - Michaela talks about Hulu's Casual on the AOL Build ShoW at 11am.
- Louis C.K. (Louie) and Kevin Hart (The Big House/Undeclared) - Louis and Kevin talk about The Secret Life of Pets on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am.
- Tony Shalhoub (We Are Men/Wings)- Tony will be on CBS This Morning sometime between 7-9am.
- Arsenio Hall (Arsenio) - Arsenio guest co-hosts Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.