Thursday, December 23, 2010
TV Land Has Best Primetime Ratings In 2010 Since 2007; Growing Pains, Malcolm Leave TeenNick; Brothers & Sisters Marathon on ReelzChannel
According to The Nielsen Company, TV Land posted a 0.3 rating & 363,000 viewers in primetime for the year among Adults 25-54, up 17% in rating and viewers 25-54 over last year. Among women 25-54 in primetime for 2010, the network scored a 0.4 rating and 209,000 viewers in the demo, up 29% in both rating and viewers over 2009. The network attracted an average of 827,000 total viewers for the year in primetime, up 15% over one year ago.
Hot in Cleveland, which premiered on June 16, 2010, is the #1 cable sitcom. The series, which is the network's first original scripted series, averaged a 2.0 rating and 2.1 million viewers among A25-54. Among Women 25-54, the series scored a 2.6 rating and 1.4 million viewers. The series averaged 4.3 million total viewers for the season.
TV Land's highest-rated acquisition, Everybody Loves Raymond, continues to impress, posting a 0.4 rating and 444,000 viewers among A25-54 and a 0.5 rating and 268,000 viewers among W25-54, an outstanding 43% gain in rating and audience with A25-54 and up 66% in rating and audience with W25-54 versus years ago levels. It averaged nearly 1 million total viewers (985,000), up 37% compared to last year.
And finally, TV Land scored record-breaking numbers for its star-studded Eighth Annual TV Land Awards hosted by Tim Allen, attracting nearly 2 million total viewers for its Sunday, April 25 premiere from 9-10:30 p.m. ET/PT. The special was the highest-rated and most-watched TV Land Awards since 2004 among the network's key demos of: Adults 25-54, Women 25-54 and Total Viewers. The presentation averaged 1.7 million viewers, up 54% over last year's show. Among the network's target Adults 25-54 audience, the telecast earned a 0.7 rating and 757,000viewers, up 37% in rating and audience versus 2009's show. And among Women 25-54, TV Land earned a 0.7 rating and 401,000 viewers, up 53% in rating and audience over 2009's show.
Earlier this week TeenNick removed Malcolm in the Middle from its schedule. The series was airing every night at 10:00pm & 10:30pm with encores at 1:00am & 1:30am. It is believed to be because of low ratings. The sitcom was replaced by Degrasi on the schedule since Monday (Dec. 20). Malcolm didn't even last a month on the schedule. The series premiered on TeenNick on Nov. 26, as we mentioned. It is uncertain if and when it will return, or if it will go back to sister network Nick at Nite, where is came from.
Also of note, this week is the last airing of Growing Pains on TeenNick. The sitcom airs back-to-back in the 5:00am hour on Sunday nights (early Monday mornings). The December 26 (early Dec. 27) airings will be the last airings, as the contract expires in January. Show the Seaver family that smile by watching it one last time on TeenNick...DVR it if you can't wake up that early! Episodes 33 and 34 are airing. Hopefully Growing Pains will return somewhere on television soon, but at least the second season is FINALLY coming on DVD in 2011!
In the wild world of the Walker family, depicted in the hit drama series Brothers & Sisters, every family secret is fair game and though most of their dinner gatherings assemble in peace, most end in fireworks. Watch it all from the beginning as ReelzChannel - TV About Movies® presents a Brothers & Sisters marathon featuring the first 11 episodes, starting at 8am ET through 7pm ET on Friday, December 24 only on ReelzChannel.
The Brothers & Sisters marathon begins with the first episode where viewers are brought into the riveting Walker dynamic, where dirty secrets are family currency and conversations are often ignited by differing views on divorce, addiction, infidelity, war, politics and death. From there, we follow the Walkers as they deal with the untimely demise of patriarch William Walker (Tom Skerritt). Now, widow Nora Walker (Sally Field) and their children Sarah (Rachel Griffiths), Kitty (Calista Flockhart), Tommy (Balthazar Getty), Kevin (Matthew Rhys) and Justin (Dave Annable) are among those left to confront the secrets uncovered by his death, including the discovery of his mistress (Holly Harper played by Patricia Wettig), illegitimate child (Rebecca played by Emily VanCamp) and financial woes tied to the family business.
After the marathon, stay tuned to ReelzChannel for more Brothers & Sisters at 10pm ET/ 7pm PT after the Primetime Movie, South Pacific. And for all those die-hard Brothers & Sisters fans, ReelzChannel gives you two chances to watch every weekday with Brothers & Sisters at 2pm ET/11am PT and its permanent time of 10pm ET/ 7pm PT.
Stay tuned later tonight in the overnight for a look at the annual marathons on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day, along with Sunday, Dec. 26 marathons as well.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (October/November/December)
10/07 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - Classic Christmas Episodes
10/07 - The Flying Nun - The Complete First and Second Seasons (Mill Creek)
10/07 - The Middle - The Complete Fifth Season (Warner Archive)
10/07 - The Office - The Complete Series
10/07 - The Wonders Years - Season One
10/10 - The Wonder Years - The Complete Series - Read Our Review / The Signature Edition / Seasons 1-3
10/14 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Third Season
10/14 - Two and a Half Men - The Complete Eleventh Season
10/21 - Married with Children - Seasons 5 and 6 (Mill Crek)
10/21 - The Soul Man - The Complete Second Season
10/21 - Square Pegs - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
10/28 - WKRP in Cincinnati - The Complete Series / Read Our Review
11/04 - Hot in Cleveland - Season Five
11/04 - Napoleon Dynamite - The Complete Animated Series
11/04 - Sgt. Bilko (The Phil Silvers Show) - The Complete Series
11/11 - Dads - The Complete Series
11/11 - Family Ties - The Complete Series
11/11 - My Favorite Martian - Best of Collection
11/11 - Taxi - The Complete Series
11/11 - Wings - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
11/18 - King of the Hill - The Complete Seventh Season / The Complete Eighth Season
11/25 - Better Off Ted - The Complete Second Season
12/02 - Happy Days - The Sixth Season
12/09 - Barney Miller - The Complete Sixth Season
12/09 - The Jeffersons - The Complete Series
12/09 - Mister Ed - The Complete Series
12/09 - Mork & Mindy - The Fourth Season / The Complete Series
12/16 - The Many Loves of Dobie Gillis - The Final (Fourth) Season
12/23 - My Favorite Martian - Season Two - Collector's Edition
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Sunday, November 23
The Simpsons - "Brick Like Me" (Fox, 7:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Homer wakes up in a world where his family and everyone in Springfield are made of Legos. Can he “put together” how he got there, and figure out how to get home before he’s stuck in a world of bricks forever?
Mulaney - "Patriot Acts" (Fox, 7:30PM ET/PT)
When Jane starts dating a marine, John and Motif, feeling guilty for their lack of service, try to sign up for a USO Comedy Tour. Meanwhile, Lou recounts how war – and improv – are hell.
The Simpsons - "Covercraft" (Fox, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Homer has a mid-life crisis, takes up bass guitar and forms a cover band with some of the other dads in town. But the band’s modest early success is soon overwhelmed by the breakout potential of their most unlikely star, Apu.
Brooklyn Nine-Nine - "USPIS" (Fox, 8:30PM ET/PT)
While attempting to catch a drug dealer, Jake and Charles reluctantly join forces with the nerdy lead investigator at the U.S. Postal Service, Jack Danger (guest star Ed Helms). Meanwhile, the rest of the team helps Amy quit smoking.
Family Guy - "Grimm Job" (Fox, 9:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
From Grimm to Griffin, three classic fairy tales get a new Quahog spin, including “Jack and the Beanstalk,” “Little Red Riding Hood,” and “Cinderella.”
Bob's Burgers - "Dawn of the Peck" (Fox, 9:30PM ET/PT)
While Bob is boycotting the holiday, Linda and the kids spend Thanksgiving at the First Annual Fischoeder Turk-tacular Turkey Town Festival. However, a wild bird attack leads to total mayhem.
Austin & Ally - "Relationships and Red Carpets" (Disney Channel, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Austin's record label wants him to hide his relationship with Ally; Dez considers moving to Los Angeles to attend film school and be closer to his girlfriend.
Liv and Maddie - "Hoops-a-Rooney" (Disney Channel, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Liv is offered the lead in a basketball movie; Willow and Maddie help teach her how to play basketball.
Sunday, November 23
- Meredith Baxter (Family Ties/Bridget Loves Bernie) - Meredith will be featured on Oprah: Where Are They Now? at 9pm ET/PT on OWN.
- Tim Allen (Last Man Standing/Home Impprovment) - Watch Tim on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC. He will also be on LIVE! with Kelly and Michael, so check your listings.
- Jennifer Aniston (Friends) - Jennifer appears on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Ken Jeong (Community) - Ken is a guest on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- William Shatner ($#*! My Dad Says) - William visits The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:37am on CBS.
- John Goodman (Roseanne/Normal, Ohio) - John drops by Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC. He discusses The Gambler on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am.
- Ken Marino (Marry Me/Party Down) - Ken appears on a repeat of Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Will Arnett (The Millers/Up All Night/Arrested Development) - Will is a guest on a repeat of Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Jennifer Lawrence (The Bill Engvall Show) - Tune in to see Jennnifer on a repeat of The Colbert Report at 11:30pm on Comedy Central.
- Anna Camp (The Mindy Project) - Anna appears on a repeat of Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Tom Lennon (Reno 911!/Sean Saves the World) - Tom is a guest on a repeat of @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Brooke Shields (Suddenly Susan) - Brooke discusses her new book (There Was a Little Girl) on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Yara Shahidi (black-ish) - Yara stops by Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Candace Cameron Bure (Full House) and Marilu Henner (Taxi/Evening Shade) - Candace and Marilu will be on the Home & Family Holiday Special on Hallmark Channel at 8pm ET/PT. It repeats at 10am ET/PT on Tuesday. Candace will also be on Arise TV on their website at 3pm and on Centric at 3am on Tuesday. She is a guest on Fox and Friends on Fox News Channel at 8:30am. She will be on HuffPost Live at 1:00pm. Candace's Christmas Under Wraps premieres on November 29 at 8/7C on Hallmark Channel.
- Tori Spelling (Mystery Girls) - Tori and Dean McDermott talk about their fight to save their marriage on The Dr. Oz Show, so check your local listings.
- Michael Urie (Partners) - Michael will be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Kristin Chenoweth (Kristin) - Kristin joins the Chew Crew on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Holly Robinson Peete (Hangin' with Mr. Cooper/For Your Love) - Holly will be part of the Plugged In panel on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Tim Meadows and Dan Bucatinsky (Marry Me) - Tim and Dan are guests on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Aubrey Plaza (Parks and Recreation) - Aubrey talks about Grumpy Cat's Worst Christmas Ever on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am.