Thursday, December 23, 2010
TV Land Has Best Primetime Ratings In 2010 Since 2007; Growing Pains, Malcolm Leave TeenNick; Brothers & Sisters Marathon on ReelzChannel
According to The Nielsen Company, TV Land posted a 0.3 rating & 363,000 viewers in primetime for the year among Adults 25-54, up 17% in rating and viewers 25-54 over last year. Among women 25-54 in primetime for 2010, the network scored a 0.4 rating and 209,000 viewers in the demo, up 29% in both rating and viewers over 2009. The network attracted an average of 827,000 total viewers for the year in primetime, up 15% over one year ago.
Hot in Cleveland, which premiered on June 16, 2010, is the #1 cable sitcom. The series, which is the network's first original scripted series, averaged a 2.0 rating and 2.1 million viewers among A25-54. Among Women 25-54, the series scored a 2.6 rating and 1.4 million viewers. The series averaged 4.3 million total viewers for the season.
TV Land's highest-rated acquisition, Everybody Loves Raymond, continues to impress, posting a 0.4 rating and 444,000 viewers among A25-54 and a 0.5 rating and 268,000 viewers among W25-54, an outstanding 43% gain in rating and audience with A25-54 and up 66% in rating and audience with W25-54 versus years ago levels. It averaged nearly 1 million total viewers (985,000), up 37% compared to last year.
And finally, TV Land scored record-breaking numbers for its star-studded Eighth Annual TV Land Awards hosted by Tim Allen, attracting nearly 2 million total viewers for its Sunday, April 25 premiere from 9-10:30 p.m. ET/PT. The special was the highest-rated and most-watched TV Land Awards since 2004 among the network's key demos of: Adults 25-54, Women 25-54 and Total Viewers. The presentation averaged 1.7 million viewers, up 54% over last year's show. Among the network's target Adults 25-54 audience, the telecast earned a 0.7 rating and 757,000viewers, up 37% in rating and audience versus 2009's show. And among Women 25-54, TV Land earned a 0.7 rating and 401,000 viewers, up 53% in rating and audience over 2009's show.
Earlier this week TeenNick removed Malcolm in the Middle from its schedule. The series was airing every night at 10:00pm & 10:30pm with encores at 1:00am & 1:30am. It is believed to be because of low ratings. The sitcom was replaced by Degrasi on the schedule since Monday (Dec. 20). Malcolm didn't even last a month on the schedule. The series premiered on TeenNick on Nov. 26, as we mentioned. It is uncertain if and when it will return, or if it will go back to sister network Nick at Nite, where is came from.
Also of note, this week is the last airing of Growing Pains on TeenNick. The sitcom airs back-to-back in the 5:00am hour on Sunday nights (early Monday mornings). The December 26 (early Dec. 27) airings will be the last airings, as the contract expires in January. Show the Seaver family that smile by watching it one last time on TeenNick...DVR it if you can't wake up that early! Episodes 33 and 34 are airing. Hopefully Growing Pains will return somewhere on television soon, but at least the second season is FINALLY coming on DVD in 2011!
In the wild world of the Walker family, depicted in the hit drama series Brothers & Sisters, every family secret is fair game and though most of their dinner gatherings assemble in peace, most end in fireworks. Watch it all from the beginning as ReelzChannel - TV About Movies® presents a Brothers & Sisters marathon featuring the first 11 episodes, starting at 8am ET through 7pm ET on Friday, December 24 only on ReelzChannel.
The Brothers & Sisters marathon begins with the first episode where viewers are brought into the riveting Walker dynamic, where dirty secrets are family currency and conversations are often ignited by differing views on divorce, addiction, infidelity, war, politics and death. From there, we follow the Walkers as they deal with the untimely demise of patriarch William Walker (Tom Skerritt). Now, widow Nora Walker (Sally Field) and their children Sarah (Rachel Griffiths), Kitty (Calista Flockhart), Tommy (Balthazar Getty), Kevin (Matthew Rhys) and Justin (Dave Annable) are among those left to confront the secrets uncovered by his death, including the discovery of his mistress (Holly Harper played by Patricia Wettig), illegitimate child (Rebecca played by Emily VanCamp) and financial woes tied to the family business.
After the marathon, stay tuned to ReelzChannel for more Brothers & Sisters at 10pm ET/ 7pm PT after the Primetime Movie, South Pacific. And for all those die-hard Brothers & Sisters fans, ReelzChannel gives you two chances to watch every weekday with Brothers & Sisters at 2pm ET/11am PT and its permanent time of 10pm ET/ 7pm PT.
Stay tuned later tonight in the overnight for a look at the annual marathons on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day, along with Sunday, Dec. 26 marathons as well.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (January/February)
01/03 - Girls - The Complete Fifth Season (Blu-ray)
01/10 - Broad City - Season 3
01/17 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #2 (Colorized)
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume One
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume Two
01/24 - Hooperman - Season One / Review
01/24 - Hooperman - Season Two / Review
01/31 - Ballers - The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
02/07 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - Sabrina Down Under
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 1 - School's Cool - Boy Crazy
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 2 - About a Family - Hangin' Out
02/07 - 227 - The Complete First Season (Mill Creek)
02/07 - Vice Principals - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
02/14 - Beavis and Butt-Head - The Complete Collection
02/14 - Grace and Frankie - Season Two
02/28 - Fuller House - The Complete First Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Wednesday, February 22
The Goldbergs - "So Swayze It's Crazy" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
After Adam sees his friend on television, he asks Beverly for her help to become an actor, so Beverly enlists his friend’s mom Edie, who is a kid talent agent in town. Unfortunately, Edie insists Adam can only get “nerd” roles, so Beverly goes on a quest to make Adam a teenage heartthrob. Meanwhile, Barry decides to embrace the punk lifestyle, and Murray attempts to become more involved in Erica’s life, but it backfires.
Speechless - "O-S-- OSCAR P-A-- PARTY" (ABC, 8:30PM ET/PT)
When the Dimeos throw their annual Oscar party with other special-needs families, Maya feels threatened by new mom Becca, who seems a little too perfect. Meanwhile, Jimmy encourages the fathers at the party to let loose while Ray tries to impress a girl by pretending to be someone he is not.
Modern Family - "Heavy Is the Head" (ABC, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Despite their lofty hopes, Phil and Jay’s property investment might turn out to be a bust, forcing Phil to rethink his original dream. Meanwhile, Cam lands in the hospital due to a head injury and refuses to have an MRI thanks to a traumatic incident with a well when he was a child. Determined to finally impress Claire and keep her from re-gifting her birthday present, Gloria surprises her with a day of luxury at the office. However, after Claire had to implement some rather harsh budget cuts at work, a massage at her desk may not be sending the right message.
black-ish - "One Angry Man" (ABC, 9:30PM ET/PT)
Dre is forced to participate in jury duty after Junior responds to the summons that was thrown away. The case is supposed to be open and shut, but when Dre sees that the defendant is a young African American, he feels a civic responsibility to give him a fair trial. Meanwhile, Bow decides to let the kids swear in the house since they are more open with her that way, but she and Ruby soon regret the decision.
It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia - "The Gang Tends Bar" (FXX, 10:00PM ET/PT)
It's Valentine's Day and Paddy's is packed with customers. Dennis implores the gang to do one day of actual work but everyone else is distracted by a mystery crate Cricket spotted in the alley. Eventually, the gang becomes convinced Dennis really wants them to work on their relationships and everyone shares their grievances without much resolution.
Man Seeking Woman - "Dolphin" (FXX, 10:30PM ET/PT)
When her mom becomes obsessed with Josh's wedding, Liz seeks out her estranged father (Peter Gallagher).
Schitt's Creek - "General Store" (Pop, 8:00PM ET/PT)
David comes up with a new business venture; Alexis adjusts to her first day of school.
Wednesday, February 22
- Tom Hanks (Bosom Buddies) and George Clooney (The Facts of Life/Roseanne) - Tom and George are guests on a repeat of the 2012 Jimmy Kimmel Live: After the Oscars special at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Ariana Grande (Sam & Cat) - Ariana drops by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Ken Jeong (Dr. Ken/Community) - Ken visits The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Kelly Ripa (Hope & Faith) - Kelly is a guest on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Billy Gardell (Mike & Molly)- Billy appears on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. He will also be on the AOL Build Show at 11am.
- Terry Crews (Brooklyn Nine-Nine/Are We There Yet?/Everybody Hates Chris) - Terry stops by Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC. He also talks about Ultimate Beastmaster on NBC's Today in the 9am hour and on the AOL Build Show at 2pm.
- Ron Funches (Powerless/Undateable) - Ron is a guest on Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Demi Lovato (Sonny with a Chance) - Demi appears on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- NeNe Leakes (The New Normal) - NeNe guest co-hosts The Real, so check your local listings.
- Matt Shively (The Real O'Neals/True Jackson, VP) - Matt is a guest on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Justin Bartha (The New Normal) - Justin joins the Chew Crew on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Wendi McLendon-Covey (The Goldbergs/Rules of Engagement/Reno 911!) - Wendi will be on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am.
- Will Forte (The Last Man on Earth/The Cleveland Show) - Will talks about The Last Man on Earth on NBC's Today in the 10am hour. He will also be on Good Day New York on WNYW-Fox5 in New York sometime between 7-10am.
- Rosie Perez (Search Party) - Rosie is a guest on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 11:30am ET.
- Allison Williams (Girls) - Allison appears on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Yvette Nicole Brown (The Odd Couple/Community) - Yvette dishes about the new season of SuperMansion on Crackle on The Wendy Williams Show at 2am on BET or on your local stations.
- Mike Epps (Uncle Buck/Survivor's Remorse) - Mike is a guest on Steve Harvey, so check your local listings.
- Eva Longoria (Telenovela) - Eva chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Mark Consuelos (Hope & Faith) - Mark guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.