Wednesday, October 27, 2010
Moving on to the current BET schedule, they have removed City Guys from the Saturday line-up, effective last week (Oct. 23). This week, they will air an In Living Color marathon from 9am-4pm, promoting its airings on sister network Centric. Original series stunts will air every other Saturday morning now instead of City Guys and other sitcoms.
BET has also returned The Jamie Foxx Show beginning yesterday to weekdays 11am hour. The series will continue to air on sister network Centric as well. And since last week, Bernie Mac's afternoon hour was moved to mornings with its first hour, so now the series airs weekdays from 9am-11am leading into Jamie Foxx at 11am. Everybody Hates Chris remains in the 12pm and 5pm hours, as The Game's morning hour moved to afternoon to join the afternoon hour. So The Game now airs from 3-5pm. As for Sundays, there are early afternoon airings of Bernie Mac, Everybody Hates Chris, and The Game, but times vary week-to-week. Stunts wise, besides In Living Color for this Saturday, there will be an Everybody Hates Chris day after Thanksgiving marathon on Friday, Nov. 26 from 9am-4pm. A Bernie Mac stunt airs on Saturday, Nov. 27 from 9am-2pm.
Malcolm in the Middle is moving from Nick at Nite to sister network TeenNick starting this November. Malcolm in the Middle was pulled from the Nick at Nite regular schedule last month and hasn't been seen since. An episode was slated to air on Nick at Nite in their Halloween marathon this coming Saturday (Oct. 30), but was replaced by a Halloween episode of Home Improvement instead. Back to TeenNick, Malcolm in the Middle will launch with a three-day block on Friday, November 26 to Sunday, November 28 from 10pm-12am for these three nights. Then effective Monday, November 29, the sitcom will air weekdays in the 10pm hour and again in the 1am hour. Malcolm in the Middle will replace Degrassi in the 10pm hour, as that hour will move to the 12am hour, cutting That '70s Show to just the 11pm hour. The second hour of That '70s Show will move to the 2am hour, as the What I Like About You 1-3am block moves to 3-5am replacing One on One, which will be off the line-up then. The daytime line-up will remain the same.
So first Full House goes from TeenNick to Nick at Nite and now Malcolm in the Middle goes from Nick at Nite to TeenNick. I think that is a better fit for Malcolm in the Middle. The series has been in contract with Viacom since July, 2009.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (May)
05/03 - Mad About You - The Complete Series
05/03 - The Jim Gaffigan Show - Season One
05/10 - Newhart - The Complete Fifth Season
05/17 - Angie Tribeca - The Complete First Season
05/17 - The Facts of Life - The Final (Ninth) Season
05/24 - The Wonder Years - Season Five
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Wednesday, May 25
Lopez - "Lopez Gets Roasted" (TV Land, 10:00PM ET/PT)
George agrees to be roasted before finding out his wife is legally tying up his jokes, leaving him without an act. Will he be able to change her mind or get out of the roast in time?
The Soul Man - "No Bingo, No Peace" (TV Land, 10:30PM ET/PT)
Mayor Saxby is purposely interrupting all aspects of the Ballentines' lives, including revoking Barton's Bingo permit. When Barton protests, it inspires Boyce to take action.
Schitt's Creek - "Lawn Signs" (Pop, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Some of Moira's lawn signs disappear; David and Alexis work to get David's boss out of trouble.
Wednesday, May 25
- David Spade (Rules of Engagement/8 Simple Rules/Just Shoot Me!) - Watch David on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Wil Wheaton (The Big Bang Theory) - Wil is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Sean Hayes (The Millers/Sean Saves the World/Will & Grace) - Sean talks about An Act of God on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am and on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Peter Scolari (Newhart/Bosom Buddies) - Peter visits New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Emeril Lagasse (Emeril) - Emeril dishes up his famous banana cream pie on Rachael Ray, so check your local listings.
- Jane Lynch (Angel from Hell) and Kate Flannery (The Office) - Jane and Kate talk about See Jane Sing on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Sherri Shepherd (Less Than Perfect/Sherri) - Sherri talks about WE's Match Made in Heaven on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Melissa McCarthy (Mike & Molly/Samantha Who?) - Melissa and the cast of Ghostbusters are guests on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Mark Feuerstein (Good Morning, Miami) - Mark is a guest on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.