Wednesday, December 01, 2010
Nick at Nite December 2010 Highlights; ABC Schedules Body of Proof in Mid-Season, Some Mid-Season Notes
Next on Saturday, December 18 from 10pm-2am, its a Nick at Nite Holiday Marathon! The families are getting together to spread the cheer. You won't want to miss a single moment! We get all four of the George Lopez Christmas episodes, followed by two holiday episodes of The Nanny, and a holiday episode each of Full House & Everybody Hates Chris capping it off.
Nick at Nite will air three movies for the month of December, all on Sundays at 8pm. Sunday, Dec. 12 has an encore of Merry Christmas Drake and Josh, then the following week on Sunday, Dec. 19 it is the premiere of Curious George - Nick at Nite's premiere presentation of this instant classic starring Will Ferrell. And finally on Sunday, Dec. 26 it is a repeat of Rugrats: The Movie, just when Tommy Pickles gets used to life as he knows it, a new baby brother enters the picture.
There are a few minor specials such as Teen Nick's HALO Awards encore on Friday, Dec. 10 at 9 and a Nick News Special on Sunday, Dec. 5 at 9. View the COMPLETE Nick at Nite December 2010 schedule and highlights!
ABC has announced the premiere date of Body of Proof, the new one-hour drama starring Dana Delany (Desperate Housewives). The series will premiere Tuesday, March 29 at 10:01pm ET/PT on ABC following the 18-episode run of current timeslot holder, Detroit 1-8-7. The series will likely be after Dancing with the Stars: The Results, should that series remain in its 9pm hour for the spring edition.
Dr. Megan Hunt (Dana Delany) is a brilliant neurosurgeon whose world is turned upside down when an accident puts an end to her time in the operating room. In her new career as a Medical Examiner, she is determined to solve the puzzle of who or what has killed the victims. Along the way, Megan finds that their lives and the lessons they hold can be applied to her own personal journey of redemption and forgiveness.
Body of Proof stars Dana Delany as Dr. Megan Hunt, Jeri Ryan as Dr. Kate Murphy, John Carroll Lynch as Detective Bud Morris, Nicholas Bishop as Peter Dunlop, Sonja Sohn as Detective Samantha Baker, Geoffrey Arend as Dr. Ethan Gross and Windell D. Middlebrooks as Dr. Curtis Brumfield.
ABC mid-season series still left to be announced are Secret Millionaire (though unofficially Sundays at 8 starting March 6), Extreme Makeover: Weight Loss Edition, Shark Tank, Jamie Oliver's Food Revolution, Wife Swap, Mr. Sunshine and Happy Endings. The latter two are comedies, while the rest are reality entries. Shark Tank will likely return in March (perhaps after the runs of either Winter Wipeout or Supernanny). Extreme Makeover: Weight Loss Edition could also be for March or perhaps later. Wife Swap will likely be used in summer or May, like it was this year. Jamie Oliver's Food Revolution still hasn't begun production, but it is slated to begin in January, though the Los Angeles public schools are in a budget crisis and looks like will not let Jamie take over their schools. At earliest we won't see the new season of this series until late spring or even summer now. Stay with us for updates on these ABC mid-season series, as everything else (The Bachelor, V, Winter Wipeout, Off the Map are all beginning in January) is set.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (February)
02/16 - The Andy Griffith Show - The Complete Series
02/16 - The Brady Kids - The Complete Animated Series
02/16 - Girls - The Complete Fourth Season (Blu-ray)
02/16 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - The Complete Series
02/16 - Togetherness - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Sunday, February 14
The Simpsons - "Friend with Benefit" (Fox, 7:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Lisa befriends Harper, a new kid at school who happens to be super-rich. Then, Homer befriends Harper’s dad and is able to enjoy the perks of Lisa having a rich friend, as well. But Lisa decides that Harper is a bully and moves to end the friendship, which prompts Homer to try and smooth things over so he can continue to enjoy the good life.
Bob's Burgers - "The Gene and Courtney Show" (Fox, 7:30PM ET/PT)
Gene and Courtney get their big break when they are asked to be the new hosts of the morning announcements, but their romantic history threatens to get in the way. Meanwhile, Tina’s attempt to play Cupid goes tragically awry when she volunteers to spear-head the Valentine’s Day carnation fundraiser.
The Simpsons - " Love Is in the N2-O2-Ar-CO2-Ne-He-CH4" (Fox, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Lonely Professor Fink uses science to turn himself into a man whom women find attractive. Then, overwhelmed by the attention, he invents an algorithm to perfectly pair the lonely men and women of Springfield, realizing that scientific exploration is his true love. Meanwhile, Marge, Bart, and Lisa visit Grampa for Valentine’s Day and try to rescue the old folks from a drug-induced hallucination that allows them to relive their happiest memories.
Cooper Barrett's Guide to Surviving Life - "How to Survive Losing Your Phone" (Fox, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Cooper faces the ultimate, life-halting devastation when he loses his phone, and the guys stop at nothing to help him get it back. Meanwhile, Leslie and Kelly’s karaoke duet turns into an all-out bar brawl.
Family Guy - "An App a Day" (Fox, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Peter learns about phone apps and overloads his phone with them. He buys a new phone with more memory and gives his old phone to Chris, which causes a series of horrible events. Meanwhile, Stewie joins a tennis club and invites Brian to be his tennis partner.
Bordertown - "High School Football" (Fox, 9:30PM ET/PT)
Bud becomes the high school football coach after the previous coach is forced out of the job by the local redneck fans. Bud, desperate to win, discovers a secret weapon – an illegal immigrant whom he sees gracefully and skillfully run across the border. Of course, this kid also happens to be the No. 1 drug mule in Mexico.
Stuck in the Middle - "Stuck in the Middle" (Disney Channel, 8:45PM ET/PT)
Inventor Harley is ready to accept a community award after she figures out how to get her family out of the house on time.
Monday, February 15
- David Spade (Rules of Engagement/8 Simple Rules/Just Shoot Me!) - Watch David on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Craig Ferguson (The Drew Carey Show) - Craig drops by The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Jason Sudeikis (The Last Man on Earth/The Cleveland Show) - Jason appears on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Chelsea Handler (Are You There, Chelsea?) - Chelsea visits The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Jerry Seinfeld (Seinfeld) - Jerry is a guest on a repeat of Comedy Central's The Daily Show with Trevor Noah at 11pm.
- Jim Jefferies (Legit) - Jim appears on a repeat of @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Kevin Nealon (Weeds/Hiller and Diller/Champs) - Kevin is a guest on a repeat of @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Allison Williams (Girls) - Allison stops by LIVE! with Kelly and Michael, so check your listings.
- Demi Lovato (Sonny with a Chance) - Demi appears on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Brandy Norwood (Zoe Ever After/The Game/Moesha) - Brandy chats about Zoe Ever After on Rachael Ray, so check your local listings.
- Fran Drescher (The Nanny/Happily Divorced) - Fran plays accomplice to co-host Clinton Kelly during a mystery ingredient party on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Fred Savage (The Grinder/Working/The Wonder Years) - Fred chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- William Shatner ($h*! My Dad Says) - William discusses his new book Leonard: My Fifty-Year Friendship with a Remarkable Man on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am and in the 10am hour and on HuffPost Live at 1:30pm.
- Giacomo Gianniotti (Selfie) - Giacomo is a guest on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Alison Brie (Community) - Alison visits ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am.
- The Cast of The Facts of Life - It's a special Facts of Life Reunion with cast members including Charlotte Rae, Lisa Whelchel, Kim Fields and Geri Jewell on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT. Lisa Whelchel cooks a Mexican corn bread; DIY blinged roller skates; how to achieve Blair's fabulous hair from The Facts of Life; a prep school inspired fashion show; singer Gloria Loring performs The Facts of Life theme song; how to make a personalized DIY diary.