Wednesday, December 29, 2010
The Me-TV Network and the local station in Chicago Me-Too (WMEU) will celebrate the end of 2010 and the beginning of 2011 with some marathons and stunts! The Me-TV Network will air a marathon of first episodes in a stunt called "Day of Firsts" on Saturday, Jan. 1, 2011. The first episodes marathons begins at 11am ET with Perry Mason. Other first episodes include The Streets of San Francisco, The Big Valley, Hawaii Five-O, Hogan's Heroes, Happy Days, Family Affair, The Brady Bunch, The Beverly Hillbillies, Gomer Pyle, The Mary Tyler Moore Show, Cheers, M*A*S*H and Taxi. The 12-hour marathon concludes at 11pm ET. The Me-TV Network is available now nationally, but as of now is only in Chicago, Milwaukee and South Bend. We hope to bring you some affiliate news in 2011, so stay with us, as it isn't easy.
Moving on to local station Me-Too in Chicago, Three Stooges fans in Chicago can ring in the new year on Me-Too with a 12-hour "Stooge-A-Palooza" marathon on Friday, December 31, 2010 beginning at noon CT. The marathon will be hosted by Rich Koz, who will also host a midnight countdown from Chicago's original Stooge headquarters! Each title was selected by Rich, who wanted to air episodes that are fan favorites. Plus, watch throughout the marathon for special segments with Rich, featuring his wit and wisdom about the Stooges! Ring in 2011 with Rich and The Stooges! Meanwhile, turn to Me-Too on New Year's Day for The Andy Griffith-thon, beginning at 11 AM CT on Saturday, Jan. 1, 2011 for timeless Mayberry classics! From Aunt Bee's pickles to Barney's single bullet, these are some of the most popular titles in the series. The 12-hour marathon will conclude at 11pm CT. The Andy Griffith Show is regularly scheduled weekdays at 12 & 12:30 PM CT and Stooge-A-Palooza is regularly scheduled Saturday evenings at 7:00 PM, both on Me-Too Chicago. Me-Too Chicago can be seen on WCIU-TV 26.4, Comcast Chicago 247/358, RCN 22, WOW 171 and U-verse 23.
Stay tuned tomorrow for our annual sitcom actor and other notable TV deaths in 2010, as we pay tribute to these stars/producers one more time.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (September)
09/06 - Coach - Season One (Mill Creek) / Season Two / Seasons One and Two
09/06 - South Park - The Complete Ninteenth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Ninth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - Newhart - The Complete Sixth Season
09/20 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Fifth Season
09/20 - Family Matters - The Complete Eighth Season
09/20 - Modern Family - The Complete Season 7
09/20 - Veep - Season 5
09/27 - The Wonder Years - Season Six
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Friday, October 28
Bunk'd - "Treehouse of Terror" (Disney Channel, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Zuri, Jorge and Tiffany enlist the support of an unexpected camper to help restore an abandoned treehouse, so they can use it as a new hangout; Emma and Lou and Ravi and Xander get competitive during a friendly game of billiards.
Tyler Perry's For Better or Worse - "Do What You Gotta Do" (OWN, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Joseph experiences an episode of sexual frustration due to Leslie's vow of chastity.
Friday, October 28
- John Lithgow (3rd Rock from the Sun/Twenty Good Years) - Watch John on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Drew Carey (The Drew Carey Show/The Good Life) - Drew visits on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. He also talks about The Price is Right on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- Kevin Hart (The Big House/Undeclared) - Kevin appears on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Terry Crews (Brooklyn Nine-Nine?/Are We There Yet?/Everybody Hates Chris) - Terry is a guest on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Ricky Gervais (The Office) - Ricky stops by LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Colin Hanks (Life in Pieces) - Colin joins the Chew Crew on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Melissa Joan Hart (Melissa & Joey/Sabrina, the Teenage Witch/Clarissa Explains It All) - Melissa looks back at her earliest memories on Clarissa Explains It All – and says she was really bossy on People Now at 8:30am.
- Damon Wayans (My Wife and Kids) - Damon is a guest on The Real, so check your local listings.