Wednesday, December 29, 2010
The Me-TV Network and the local station in Chicago Me-Too (WMEU) will celebrate the end of 2010 and the beginning of 2011 with some marathons and stunts! The Me-TV Network will air a marathon of first episodes in a stunt called "Day of Firsts" on Saturday, Jan. 1, 2011. The first episodes marathons begins at 11am ET with Perry Mason. Other first episodes include The Streets of San Francisco, The Big Valley, Hawaii Five-O, Hogan's Heroes, Happy Days, Family Affair, The Brady Bunch, The Beverly Hillbillies, Gomer Pyle, The Mary Tyler Moore Show, Cheers, M*A*S*H and Taxi. The 12-hour marathon concludes at 11pm ET. The Me-TV Network is available now nationally, but as of now is only in Chicago, Milwaukee and South Bend. We hope to bring you some affiliate news in 2011, so stay with us, as it isn't easy.
Moving on to local station Me-Too in Chicago, Three Stooges fans in Chicago can ring in the new year on Me-Too with a 12-hour "Stooge-A-Palooza" marathon on Friday, December 31, 2010 beginning at noon CT. The marathon will be hosted by Rich Koz, who will also host a midnight countdown from Chicago's original Stooge headquarters! Each title was selected by Rich, who wanted to air episodes that are fan favorites. Plus, watch throughout the marathon for special segments with Rich, featuring his wit and wisdom about the Stooges! Ring in 2011 with Rich and The Stooges! Meanwhile, turn to Me-Too on New Year's Day for The Andy Griffith-thon, beginning at 11 AM CT on Saturday, Jan. 1, 2011 for timeless Mayberry classics! From Aunt Bee's pickles to Barney's single bullet, these are some of the most popular titles in the series. The 12-hour marathon will conclude at 11pm CT. The Andy Griffith Show is regularly scheduled weekdays at 12 & 12:30 PM CT and Stooge-A-Palooza is regularly scheduled Saturday evenings at 7:00 PM, both on Me-Too Chicago. Me-Too Chicago can be seen on WCIU-TV 26.4, Comcast Chicago 247/358, RCN 22, WOW 171 and U-verse 23.
Stay tuned tomorrow for our annual sitcom actor and other notable TV deaths in 2010, as we pay tribute to these stars/producers one more time.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (December/January)
12/06 - Family Guy - Season Fourteen
12/13 - American Dad! - Volume 11
12/13 - Newhart - The Complete Seventh Season
01/03 - Girls - The Complete Fifth Season (Blu-ray)
01/10 - Broad City - Season 3
01/17 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #2 (Colorized)
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume One
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume Two
01/24 - Hooperman - Season One
01/24 - Hooperman - Season Two
01/31 - Ballers - The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Monday, January 23
Kevin Can Wait - "Choke Doubt" (CBS, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Kevin brags about saving a man from choking after hearing how much attention his brother Kyle is receiving for saving a cat. Adam Ferrara guest stars as Bill, a man Kevin saves from choking, and “The Insider” correspondent Michael Yo guest stars as Tom, a morning show anchor who interviews Kyle.
Man with a Plan - "The Talk" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT)
When Adam and Andi have the dreaded “talk” with Teddy and Kate, their awkward approach makes the kids horribly uncomfortable.
2 Broke Girls - "And the Emergency Contractor" (CBS, 9:00PM ET/PT)
When Max and Caroline get home from their road trip, Caroline discovers she likes the dessert bar renovations as much as she likes Bobby (Christopher Gorham), the contractor on the job. Also, Max rushes to Randy’s side when she hears he’s in the hospital in New York City, and Sophie joins a mommy group that cares more about partying than baby talk.
The Big Bang Theory - "The Conjugal Conjecture" (CBS, 9:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
After Sheldon’s mother and Leonard's father share an evening together, everyone deals with an awkward morning the next day. Also, Penny’s family arrives for the wedding ceremony, including her anxiety-ridden mother, Susan (Katey Sagal), and her drug dealing brother, Randall (Jack McBrayer). Dean Norris guest stars as Colonel Williams, an Air Force Representative from the Department of Materiel Command. Christine Baranski, Laurie Metcalf, Judd Hirsch and Keith Carradine return.
Monday, January 23
- Allison Janney (Mom/Mr. Sunshine) - Watch Allison on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- William Shatner ($h*! My Dad Says) and Henry Winkler (Happy Days/Arrested Development/Out of Practice) - William and Henry are guests on a repeat of Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Kevin Nealon (Man with a Plan/Weeds/Hiller and Diller/Champs) - Kevin appears on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Jade Catta-Preta (Manhattan Love Story) - Jade is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Wendi McClendon-Covey (The Goldbergs/Rules of Engagement/Reno 911!) - Wendi stops by Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Cristela Alonzo (Cristela) - Cristela chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Tika Sumpter (The Game) - Tika appears on The Real, so check your local listings.
- Justina Machado (One Day at a Time) - Justina will be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Jerry O'Connell (We Are Men/Carpoolers/My Secret Identity) - Jerry and Rebecca Romjin talk about Love Locks on NBC's Today in the 9am hour. Jerry will also be on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT, on Access Hollywood Live (check your local listings) and on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Retta (Parks and Recreation) - Retta talks about Girlfriend's Guide to Divorce on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- Kathryn Hahn (Happyish/Free Agents) - Kathryn will be on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.