Friday, October 08, 2010
ABC Family, Hallmark, Lifetime Changes Starting Monday; Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows (Week of October 11, 2010)
As for Hallmark Channel, there will be special primetime presentations of The Martha Stewart Show, Mad Hungry with Lucinda Scala Quinn and Whatever with Alexis & Jennifer from 8pm-11pm for the week of October 11 ONLY replacing the regularly scheduled primetime of Little House on the Prairie and a movie. The regular primetime returns the following week. Also of note, starting Saturday, November 13, all of Hallmark's sitcoms will be preempted everyday for holiday movies, as Hallmark gets into the holiday spirit. This means Who's the Boss, Cheers, I Love Lucy and The Golden Girls will NOT air for the rest of the month (and likely not until after Christmas, but we don't have the December schedule yet), as movies will air all day except during the "Martha Stewart Home" block from 10am-3pm. Little House on the Prairie will only air weekdays at 3pm during this time.
And finally the last, last minute change is for Lifetime. Starting Monday, they will add a morning hour of New Adventures of Old Christine airing in the 10am hour, shifting everything else up an hour. Wife Swap is now at 11am, Airline at 12 noon, Desperate Housewives at 1pm, Grey's Anatomy at 2pm & 3pm, and Unsolved Mysteries at 4pm & 5pm. Old Christine remains at 6pm, but its 7pm hour will now be How I Met Your Mother. At 8pm, Reba takes over the How I Met Your Mother hour. It's Reba to the rescue again for Lifetime. Then primetime airs from 9-11pm, with a movie on Mondays/Wednesdays, Wife Swap on Tuesdays, Project Runway/On The Road with Austin & Santino on Thursdays, and a block of Reba on Fridays. How I Met Your Mother remains in the 11pm hour, but the 12-2am block is now the same as what airs at 9-11pm. Frasier closes the night out in the 2am half-hour, as Medium is gone.
It's Friday, so it is time for "Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows" for the coming week. This is where we list what sitcom stars are appearing on talk shows for the coming week, the stars are both current and past sitcom stars (but we won't cover movie stars like Tom Hanks or John Travolta, since they won't be talking about their past sitcoms likely), so this is for all sitcom fans of all eras!
For the week of Oct. 11-15, 2010, we have many current sitcom stars and past sitcom stars on TV talk shows! So get your DVR's (or whatever you use) ready! Ready? Here is all what you need to know for the coming week!
Monday, October 11, 2010
- Jim Parsons (The Big Bang Theory) - Catch "Sheldon" on The Late Show with David Letterman on CBS at 11:35pm.
- Jay Mohr (Gary Unmarried) - Catch Jay on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno on NBC at 11:35pm.
- David Spade (Rules of Engagement/8 Simple Rules/Just Shoot Me!) - Watch David on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local station.
- Ken Jeong (Community) - Catch Ken on a repeat of Lopez Tonight at 11pm on TBS.
- Ty Burrell (Modern Family/Back to You) - Catch Ty on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno at 11:35pm on NBC.
- Jim Parsons (The Big Bang Theory) - Watch Jim this time on CBS Early Show sometime between 7-9am.
- Bryan Cranston (Malcolm in the Middle) - Catch Bryan on a repeat of Lopez Tonight at 11pm on TBS.
- Diedrich Bader (Outsourced/Drew Carey Show) - Catch Diedrich on The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:37am on CBS.
- Kevin McHale (Community) - Catch Kevin on an all-new The Tonight Show with Jay Leno at 11:35pm on NBC.
- Wanda Sykes (Old Christine) - Watch Wanda also on Tonight Show with Jay Leno at 11:35pm on NBC.
- Drew Carey (Drew Carey Show) - Watch Drew on CBS Early Show sometime between 7-9am and then late night on The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:37am on CBS.
- Tony Danza (Who's the Boss?/Taxi) - Watch Tony on the Tavis Smiley Show on PBS, so check your listings.
- Ty Burrell (Modern Family/Back To You) - Catch Ty on The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:37am on CBS.
- Sara Gilbert, Leah Remini, Holly Robinson Peete - These past sitcom stars will be on CBS Early Show to promote their new CBS talk show.
- Marlo Thomas (That Girl) - Catch Marlo on The Wendy Williams Show on BET at 12am or your local affiliate.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (March)
03/03 - CHiPs - The Complete Third Season
03/10 - Gomer Pyle, U.S.M.C. - The Complete Series
03/10 - Hey Dude - The Complete Series (Walmart Exclusive)
03/10 - Petticoat Junction - Family Favorite Episodes
03/17 - Bewitched - Season 5 (Mill Creek)
03/17 - Bewitched - Season 6 (Mill Creek)
03/17 - Bewitched - Seasons 5 & 6 (Mill Creek)
03/17 - Maude - The Complete Series (Shout! Factory)
03/17 - WKRP in Cincinnati - The Complete First Season (Shout! Factory)
03/17 - WKRP in Cincinnati - The Complete Second Season (Shout! Factory)
03/24 - The Donna Reed Show - Season 2 (MPI Home Video)
03/31 - Silicon Valley - Season 1 (Blu-ray)
03/31 - Veep - The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Tuesday, March 3
Fresh Off the Boat - "Showdown at the Golden Saddle" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Things are looking up for the Huangs when Louis gets the restaurant a billboard in a prime spot in Orlando. They even get an invite to the country club. But when someone repeatedly vandalizes the billboard, they’re left wondering why. Eddie works hard to get the attention of the girl he’s crushing on (Luna Blaise as Nicole), but it doesn’t help matters when his mom hires her to babysit him.
New Girl - "Walk of Shame" (Fox, 9:00PM ET/PT)
After a night of partying at Bearclaw’s (guest star Josh Gad), Jess and Cece make their way back to the loft and run into a familiar face. Meanwhile, Coach worries about bringing Nick and Winston around his sophisticated new girlfriend, May (guest star Meaghan Rath).
The Mindy Project - "Fertility Bites" (Fox, 9:30PM ET/PT)
Mindy’s fertility clinic opens. But with zero track record in the fertility field, attracting new patients is tougher than she imagined. Meanwhile, at Shulman & Associates, the nurses try to raise money for obese nurses while trying to get to know Dr. Bergdahl.
Cougar Town - "Two Men Talking" TBS, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Fearing that her dad, Chick, is lonely, Jules tries to set him up with Grayson as a best friend. Laurie helps Andy fit in with a cool mom group and Travis and Ellie open up to each other in the Winebulance.
Sirens - "Let Pytons Be Pythons" (USA Network, 10:00PM ET/PT)
A car crash at a firehouse releases an unusual passenger; Billy accompanies Theresa and Maeve to a sample sale.
Tuesday, March 3
- Tom Hanks (Bosom Buddies) - Catch Tom on a repeat of The Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Bridgit Mendler (Undateable/Good Luck Charlie/Wizards of Waverly Place) - Bridgit is a guest on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Drew Carey (The Drew Carey Show/The Good Life) - Drew guest co-hosts The Late Late Show at 12:37am on CBS.
- Angela Kinsey (The Hotwives of Orlando/The Office) - Angela appears on The Late Late Show at 12:37am on CBS.
- Anne Heche (Save Me/The Michael J. Fox Show) - Anne visits Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- J.B. Smoove (The Millers/'Til Death/Curb Your Enthusiasm) - J.B. talks about the new season of Four Courses with J.B. Smoove and MSG's Garden of Laughs comedy show on a repeat of The Wendy Williams Show at 12am on BET or on your local stations.
- Kendra C. Johnson (Tyler Perry's Love Thy Neighbor) - Kendra stops by The Real, so check your local listings.
- Cristela Alonzo (Cristela) - Cristela guest co-hosts The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Anthony Anderson (black-ish/Guys with Kids/All About the Andersons) - Anthony is a guest on Rachael Ray, so check your local listings.
- Robbie Amell (1600 Penn/True Jackson, VP/Life with Derek) - Robbie talks about The Flash and The Duff on The Better Show, so check your local listings.
- Larry David (Curb Your Enthusiasm) - Larry talks about Fish in the Dark on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am.
- Jeremy Sisto (Suburgatory) - Jeremy talks about A&E's The Returned on NBC's Today in the 10am hour. He will also be on HuffPost Live at 4:30pm.
- Forrest Wheeler and Ian Chen (Fresh Off the Boat) - Forrest and Ian talk about their new comedy series on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Ming-Na Wen (The Single Guy) - Ming-Na Wen will be on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am.
- Juliette Lewis (I Married Dora) - Juliette joins the Chew Crew on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Molly Ringwald (Townies/The Facts of Life) - Molly talks about The Breakfast Club's 30th Anniversary on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am and in the 9am hour.
- Mo'Nique (The Parkers) - Mo'Nique is a guest on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Alyssa Milano (Who's the Boss?/Romantically Challenged) - Alyssa guest co-hosts The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.