Friday, October 08, 2010
ABC Family, Hallmark, Lifetime Changes Starting Monday; Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows (Week of October 11, 2010)
As for Hallmark Channel, there will be special primetime presentations of The Martha Stewart Show, Mad Hungry with Lucinda Scala Quinn and Whatever with Alexis & Jennifer from 8pm-11pm for the week of October 11 ONLY replacing the regularly scheduled primetime of Little House on the Prairie and a movie. The regular primetime returns the following week. Also of note, starting Saturday, November 13, all of Hallmark's sitcoms will be preempted everyday for holiday movies, as Hallmark gets into the holiday spirit. This means Who's the Boss, Cheers, I Love Lucy and The Golden Girls will NOT air for the rest of the month (and likely not until after Christmas, but we don't have the December schedule yet), as movies will air all day except during the "Martha Stewart Home" block from 10am-3pm. Little House on the Prairie will only air weekdays at 3pm during this time.
And finally the last, last minute change is for Lifetime. Starting Monday, they will add a morning hour of New Adventures of Old Christine airing in the 10am hour, shifting everything else up an hour. Wife Swap is now at 11am, Airline at 12 noon, Desperate Housewives at 1pm, Grey's Anatomy at 2pm & 3pm, and Unsolved Mysteries at 4pm & 5pm. Old Christine remains at 6pm, but its 7pm hour will now be How I Met Your Mother. At 8pm, Reba takes over the How I Met Your Mother hour. It's Reba to the rescue again for Lifetime. Then primetime airs from 9-11pm, with a movie on Mondays/Wednesdays, Wife Swap on Tuesdays, Project Runway/On The Road with Austin & Santino on Thursdays, and a block of Reba on Fridays. How I Met Your Mother remains in the 11pm hour, but the 12-2am block is now the same as what airs at 9-11pm. Frasier closes the night out in the 2am half-hour, as Medium is gone.
It's Friday, so it is time for "Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows" for the coming week. This is where we list what sitcom stars are appearing on talk shows for the coming week, the stars are both current and past sitcom stars (but we won't cover movie stars like Tom Hanks or John Travolta, since they won't be talking about their past sitcoms likely), so this is for all sitcom fans of all eras!
For the week of Oct. 11-15, 2010, we have many current sitcom stars and past sitcom stars on TV talk shows! So get your DVR's (or whatever you use) ready! Ready? Here is all what you need to know for the coming week!
Monday, October 11, 2010
- Jim Parsons (The Big Bang Theory) - Catch "Sheldon" on The Late Show with David Letterman on CBS at 11:35pm.
- Jay Mohr (Gary Unmarried) - Catch Jay on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno on NBC at 11:35pm.
- David Spade (Rules of Engagement/8 Simple Rules/Just Shoot Me!) - Watch David on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local station.
- Ken Jeong (Community) - Catch Ken on a repeat of Lopez Tonight at 11pm on TBS.
- Ty Burrell (Modern Family/Back to You) - Catch Ty on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno at 11:35pm on NBC.
- Jim Parsons (The Big Bang Theory) - Watch Jim this time on CBS Early Show sometime between 7-9am.
- Bryan Cranston (Malcolm in the Middle) - Catch Bryan on a repeat of Lopez Tonight at 11pm on TBS.
- Diedrich Bader (Outsourced/Drew Carey Show) - Catch Diedrich on The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:37am on CBS.
- Kevin McHale (Community) - Catch Kevin on an all-new The Tonight Show with Jay Leno at 11:35pm on NBC.
- Wanda Sykes (Old Christine) - Watch Wanda also on Tonight Show with Jay Leno at 11:35pm on NBC.
- Drew Carey (Drew Carey Show) - Watch Drew on CBS Early Show sometime between 7-9am and then late night on The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:37am on CBS.
- Tony Danza (Who's the Boss?/Taxi) - Watch Tony on the Tavis Smiley Show on PBS, so check your listings.
- Ty Burrell (Modern Family/Back To You) - Catch Ty on The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:37am on CBS.
- Sara Gilbert, Leah Remini, Holly Robinson Peete - These past sitcom stars will be on CBS Early Show to promote their new CBS talk show.
- Marlo Thomas (That Girl) - Catch Marlo on The Wendy Williams Show on BET at 12am or your local affiliate.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (May)
05/03 - Mad About You - The Complete Series
05/03 - The Jim Gaffigan Show - Season One
05/10 - Newhart - The Complete Fifth Season
05/17 - Angie Tribeca - The Complete First Season
05/17 - The Facts of Life - The Final (Ninth) Season
05/24 - The Wonder Years - Season Five
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Tuesday, May 3
Fresh Off the Boat - "Rent Day" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
The flip house is finally finished, and Jessica convinces Honey and Grandma that they would make more money if they rent it out instead. Honey and Grandma are reluctant to get into the landlord business, but Jessica assures them that she will take care of everything. However, when the perfect renters become more of a nuisance, Jessica fears that she might be in over her head. Meanwhile, amateur detectives Emery and Evan, better known as “The Huang Boys,” take on the mystery of Louis’ missing watch.
The Real O'Neals - "The Real Retreat" (ABC, 8:30PM ET/PT)
When Jimmy is unexpectedly named Faith Leader for the weekend at the Catholic Youth Retreat, a jealous Kenny decides to take on his older brother’s role as ring leader of the bad kids. Home alone without the kids, Pat invites a new lady friend over, and Eileen can’t help but enlist Jodi to spy on them, with surprising results.
New Girl - "Dress" (Fox, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Jess races to make alterations to Cece’s bridal dress, while Schmidt tries to keep his “wedding workshop” a secret at work, and Nick struggles to ask Reagan to be his date to the nuptials. Meanwhile, Winston and Aly (guest star Nasim Pedrad) try to keep their relationship on the down-low at work.
Grandfathered - "The Memorial" (Fox, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Jimmy plans an emotional memorial service while processing a painful loss. Meanwhile, Sara is faced with a difficult decision after Craig asks her to take the next step in their relationship.
New Girl - "Return to Sender" (Fox, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Jess meets Sam’s (guest star David Walton) female best friend, Diane (guest star Caitlin Fitzgerald). Meanwhile, Nick is worried Gavin (guest star Peter Gallagher) will disappoint Schmidt (Max Greenfield) again and Winston is offended by a reaction to a birthday gift.
The Grinder - "Divergence" (Fox, 9:30PM ET/PT)
After finding out Dean Sr. is guilty, Stew thinks they should settle the case. Dean, of course, believes they should try to win, and wants to use one of his old “Grinder” tricks, by throwing himself into an unrelated sub plot that will lead him to what he needs to solve the case. Meanwhile, Stew is concerned that he is now “infected”.
Tuesday, May 3
- Marc Maron (Maron) - Catch Marc on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Dakota Johnson (Ben and Kate) - Dakota drops by The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Josh Hopkins (Cougar Town) - Josh appears on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Matt Walsh (Veep/Brooklyn Nine-Nine) - Matt is a guest on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Zoey Deutch (The Suite Lofe on Deck) - Zoey appears on Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Kate Micucci (Raising Hope/Scrubs) - Kate visits Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Morris Chestnut (Out All Night) - Morris talks about Rosewood on LIVE! with Kelly and Michael, so check your listings.
- Jane Fonda (Grace and Frankie) - Jane stops by The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Fran Drescher (The Nanny/Happily Divorced) - Fran appears on The Meredith Vieira Show, so check your local listings.
- Jesse Tyler Ferguson (Modern Family/The Class) - Jesse is a guest on People Now.