Friday, October 08, 2010
ABC Family, Hallmark, Lifetime Changes Starting Monday; Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows (Week of October 11, 2010)
As for Hallmark Channel, there will be special primetime presentations of The Martha Stewart Show, Mad Hungry with Lucinda Scala Quinn and Whatever with Alexis & Jennifer from 8pm-11pm for the week of October 11 ONLY replacing the regularly scheduled primetime of Little House on the Prairie and a movie. The regular primetime returns the following week. Also of note, starting Saturday, November 13, all of Hallmark's sitcoms will be preempted everyday for holiday movies, as Hallmark gets into the holiday spirit. This means Who's the Boss, Cheers, I Love Lucy and The Golden Girls will NOT air for the rest of the month (and likely not until after Christmas, but we don't have the December schedule yet), as movies will air all day except during the "Martha Stewart Home" block from 10am-3pm. Little House on the Prairie will only air weekdays at 3pm during this time.
And finally the last, last minute change is for Lifetime. Starting Monday, they will add a morning hour of New Adventures of Old Christine airing in the 10am hour, shifting everything else up an hour. Wife Swap is now at 11am, Airline at 12 noon, Desperate Housewives at 1pm, Grey's Anatomy at 2pm & 3pm, and Unsolved Mysteries at 4pm & 5pm. Old Christine remains at 6pm, but its 7pm hour will now be How I Met Your Mother. At 8pm, Reba takes over the How I Met Your Mother hour. It's Reba to the rescue again for Lifetime. Then primetime airs from 9-11pm, with a movie on Mondays/Wednesdays, Wife Swap on Tuesdays, Project Runway/On The Road with Austin & Santino on Thursdays, and a block of Reba on Fridays. How I Met Your Mother remains in the 11pm hour, but the 12-2am block is now the same as what airs at 9-11pm. Frasier closes the night out in the 2am half-hour, as Medium is gone.
It's Friday, so it is time for "Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows" for the coming week. This is where we list what sitcom stars are appearing on talk shows for the coming week, the stars are both current and past sitcom stars (but we won't cover movie stars like Tom Hanks or John Travolta, since they won't be talking about their past sitcoms likely), so this is for all sitcom fans of all eras!
For the week of Oct. 11-15, 2010, we have many current sitcom stars and past sitcom stars on TV talk shows! So get your DVR's (or whatever you use) ready! Ready? Here is all what you need to know for the coming week!
Monday, October 11, 2010
- Jim Parsons (The Big Bang Theory) - Catch "Sheldon" on The Late Show with David Letterman on CBS at 11:35pm.
- Jay Mohr (Gary Unmarried) - Catch Jay on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno on NBC at 11:35pm.
- David Spade (Rules of Engagement/8 Simple Rules/Just Shoot Me!) - Watch David on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local station.
- Ken Jeong (Community) - Catch Ken on a repeat of Lopez Tonight at 11pm on TBS.
- Ty Burrell (Modern Family/Back to You) - Catch Ty on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno at 11:35pm on NBC.
- Jim Parsons (The Big Bang Theory) - Watch Jim this time on CBS Early Show sometime between 7-9am.
- Bryan Cranston (Malcolm in the Middle) - Catch Bryan on a repeat of Lopez Tonight at 11pm on TBS.
- Diedrich Bader (Outsourced/Drew Carey Show) - Catch Diedrich on The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:37am on CBS.
- Kevin McHale (Community) - Catch Kevin on an all-new The Tonight Show with Jay Leno at 11:35pm on NBC.
- Wanda Sykes (Old Christine) - Watch Wanda also on Tonight Show with Jay Leno at 11:35pm on NBC.
- Drew Carey (Drew Carey Show) - Watch Drew on CBS Early Show sometime between 7-9am and then late night on The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:37am on CBS.
- Tony Danza (Who's the Boss?/Taxi) - Watch Tony on the Tavis Smiley Show on PBS, so check your listings.
- Ty Burrell (Modern Family/Back To You) - Catch Ty on The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:37am on CBS.
- Sara Gilbert, Leah Remini, Holly Robinson Peete - These past sitcom stars will be on CBS Early Show to promote their new CBS talk show.
- Marlo Thomas (That Girl) - Catch Marlo on The Wendy Williams Show on BET at 12am or your local affiliate.
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Thursday, July 24
The Big Bang Theory - "The Discovery Dissipation" (CBS, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Leonard and Amy help Sheldon cope with the shame he’s feeling after his accidental contribution to science is disproved. Meanwhile, Raj must stay with Howard and Bernadette for a week.
The Millers - "Driving Miss Crazy" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
When Nathan gets frustrated after he’s forced to drive Carol around town for errands once again, he demands that she either learn how to drive or find another chauffeur. But when Debbie volunteers Adam to drive Carol, everyone’s surprised when they form an unexpected bond.
Welcome to Sweden - "Proving Love/Lagenhet" (NBC, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Bruce (Greg Poehler) and Emma (Josephine Bornebusch) move into an apartment in Stockholm and Bruce tries his best to introduce himself to the neighbors. Meanwhile, the couple is forced to prove their relationship at the immigration office, but the interviews don’t go quite as planned. Elsewhere, Emma suspects one of Bruce’s former clients, Aubrey Plaza (guest starring as herself), may be stalking him, while another, Amy Poehler (guest starring as herself), is in desperate need of his professional assistance.
Working the Engels - "Jenna's Friend" (NBC, 9:30PM ET/PT)
When Jimmy (Benjamin Arthur) gives their grandmother’s ring to a stripper, Jenna (Kacey Rohl) is forced to intervene to get it back – and makes an unlikely friend in the process. Meanwhile, Sandy (Azura Skye) wins free mother/daughter hip-hop classes and brings Ceil (Andrea Martin) along, but they quickly realize the class isn't meant for them. Ceil is ready to get out of there, until a former friend makes fun of Sandy, and then Ceil is determined not only that they stay, but that they win the dance competition. Rachel Wilson, Rebecca Dalton and Shawn Byfield guest star.
Married - "The Shower" (FX, 10:00PM ET/PT)
A.J. and Jess hijack Russ and Lina's night out.
You're the Worst - "Insouciance" (FX, 10:30PM ET/PT)
Jimmy attempts to take Gretchen on a date.
Love That Girl - "The Hot Seat" (TV One, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Imunique agrees to throw a bachelorette party for DeMiracle's fiance.
Thursday, July 24
- David Duchovny (Californication) - Catch David on The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:37am on CBS.
- Mary Lynn Rajskub (How to Be a Gentleman) - Mary Lynn stops by Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Mo'Nique (The Parkers) - Mo'Nique appears on a repeat of The Arsenio Hall Show, so check your local listings.
- Wanda Sykes (The New Adventures of Old Christine/Wanda at Large) - Wanda is a guest on a repeat of The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Kristin Chenoweth (Kristin) - Tune in to see Kristin on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Judy Greer (Married/Mad Love/Miss Guided) and Nat Faxon (Married/Ben and Kate) - Judy and Nat talk about their new FX series Married on NBC's Today in the 9am hour. They will also be on HuffPost Live.
- Adrienne Barbeau (Maude) - Adrienne discusses her role in the Hallmark Movie Channel original movie The Memory Book on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Greg Poehler (Welcome to Sweden) - Greg is a guest on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Leah Remini (The King of Queens/Family Tools) - Leah appears on a repeat of The Queen Latifah Show on your local station or at 3am on BET.
- Craig Ferguson (The Drew Carey Show) - Craig will be on Larry King Now at 2/5pm PT/ET on Ora.tv and Hulu.
- Jennie Garth and Tori Spelling (Mystery Girls) - Jennie and Tori are guests on Fox & Friends on Fox News Channel at 7:45am. Jennie will also be on HuffPost Live.