Friday, October 08, 2010
ABC Family, Hallmark, Lifetime Changes Starting Monday; Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows (Week of October 11, 2010)
As for Hallmark Channel, there will be special primetime presentations of The Martha Stewart Show, Mad Hungry with Lucinda Scala Quinn and Whatever with Alexis & Jennifer from 8pm-11pm for the week of October 11 ONLY replacing the regularly scheduled primetime of Little House on the Prairie and a movie. The regular primetime returns the following week. Also of note, starting Saturday, November 13, all of Hallmark's sitcoms will be preempted everyday for holiday movies, as Hallmark gets into the holiday spirit. This means Who's the Boss, Cheers, I Love Lucy and The Golden Girls will NOT air for the rest of the month (and likely not until after Christmas, but we don't have the December schedule yet), as movies will air all day except during the "Martha Stewart Home" block from 10am-3pm. Little House on the Prairie will only air weekdays at 3pm during this time.
And finally the last, last minute change is for Lifetime. Starting Monday, they will add a morning hour of New Adventures of Old Christine airing in the 10am hour, shifting everything else up an hour. Wife Swap is now at 11am, Airline at 12 noon, Desperate Housewives at 1pm, Grey's Anatomy at 2pm & 3pm, and Unsolved Mysteries at 4pm & 5pm. Old Christine remains at 6pm, but its 7pm hour will now be How I Met Your Mother. At 8pm, Reba takes over the How I Met Your Mother hour. It's Reba to the rescue again for Lifetime. Then primetime airs from 9-11pm, with a movie on Mondays/Wednesdays, Wife Swap on Tuesdays, Project Runway/On The Road with Austin & Santino on Thursdays, and a block of Reba on Fridays. How I Met Your Mother remains in the 11pm hour, but the 12-2am block is now the same as what airs at 9-11pm. Frasier closes the night out in the 2am half-hour, as Medium is gone.
It's Friday, so it is time for "Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows" for the coming week. This is where we list what sitcom stars are appearing on talk shows for the coming week, the stars are both current and past sitcom stars (but we won't cover movie stars like Tom Hanks or John Travolta, since they won't be talking about their past sitcoms likely), so this is for all sitcom fans of all eras!
For the week of Oct. 11-15, 2010, we have many current sitcom stars and past sitcom stars on TV talk shows! So get your DVR's (or whatever you use) ready! Ready? Here is all what you need to know for the coming week!
Monday, October 11, 2010
- Jim Parsons (The Big Bang Theory) - Catch "Sheldon" on The Late Show with David Letterman on CBS at 11:35pm.
- Jay Mohr (Gary Unmarried) - Catch Jay on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno on NBC at 11:35pm.
- David Spade (Rules of Engagement/8 Simple Rules/Just Shoot Me!) - Watch David on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local station.
- Ken Jeong (Community) - Catch Ken on a repeat of Lopez Tonight at 11pm on TBS.
- Ty Burrell (Modern Family/Back to You) - Catch Ty on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno at 11:35pm on NBC.
- Jim Parsons (The Big Bang Theory) - Watch Jim this time on CBS Early Show sometime between 7-9am.
- Bryan Cranston (Malcolm in the Middle) - Catch Bryan on a repeat of Lopez Tonight at 11pm on TBS.
- Diedrich Bader (Outsourced/Drew Carey Show) - Catch Diedrich on The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:37am on CBS.
- Kevin McHale (Community) - Catch Kevin on an all-new The Tonight Show with Jay Leno at 11:35pm on NBC.
- Wanda Sykes (Old Christine) - Watch Wanda also on Tonight Show with Jay Leno at 11:35pm on NBC.
- Drew Carey (Drew Carey Show) - Watch Drew on CBS Early Show sometime between 7-9am and then late night on The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:37am on CBS.
- Tony Danza (Who's the Boss?/Taxi) - Watch Tony on the Tavis Smiley Show on PBS, so check your listings.
- Ty Burrell (Modern Family/Back To You) - Catch Ty on The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:37am on CBS.
- Sara Gilbert, Leah Remini, Holly Robinson Peete - These past sitcom stars will be on CBS Early Show to promote their new CBS talk show.
- Marlo Thomas (That Girl) - Catch Marlo on The Wendy Williams Show on BET at 12am or your local affiliate.
SITCOMS AIRING TONIGHT (May 23)
The Big Bang Theory - "The Santa Simulation" (CBS, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Sheldon revisits some Christmas memories during a game of Dungeons and Dragons, while Penny, Bernadette and Amy try to find a girl for Koothrappali when he joins the girls for ladies' night.
Two and a Half Men - "I Scream When I Pee" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Alan’s smokin’ hot, famous ex-wife, Kandi, wants him back. Meanwhile, Berta isn’t interested in celebrating her birthday, so Walden helps make it special. April Bowlby (“Drop Dead Diva”) returns as Alan’s second ex-wife, Kandi.
Save Me - "The Book of Beth" (NBC, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Series Premiere)
“Save Me” premieres with Emmy nominee Anne Heche (“Hung”) starring as Beth Harper, an absentee wife and mother who suffers a dramatic near-death experience and is revived only to discover that she now receives messages from God. As she warms up to her powers and begins dispensing advice that is astonishingly accurate, her husband Tom (Michael Landes, “Final Destination 2”) is skeptical and their teenage daughter Emily (Madison Davenport, “Shameless”) is horrified. Complicating matters even more, Tom’s mistress Carly (Alexandra Breckenridge, “American Horror Story”) shows up to confront Beth about the affair and quickly gets a shocking surprise.
Save Me - "Take it Back" (NBC, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Beth (Anne Heche) begins a new life on the straight and narrow and wants to make amends with old friends she has offended. Her efforts to return a long-ago stolen espresso machine to next door neighbor Maggie (Joy Osmanski) are rebuffed. Meanwhile, Tom (Michael Landes) learns to adjust to his wife’s newfound ability to communicate with God and they both try to re-establish some sense of normality with their old friends and their daughter Emily (Madison Davenport).
The Office - "Couples Discount" (NBC, 9:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
The Office pairs off into pretend couples to take advantage of a Valentine’s Day discount at a local mini-mall. Erin (Ellie Kemper) assures Pete (Jake Lacy) she will break up with Andy (Ed Helms) when he returns, but he has good reason to doubt her. Jim (John Krasinski) and Pam (Jenna Fischer) share a meal with Brian, the documentary's sound man.
Parks and Recreation - "Ms. Knope Goes to Washington" (NBC, 9:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Leslie (Amy Poehler) and Andy (Chris Pratt) visit Ben (Adam Scott) and April (Aubrey Plaza) at their new jobs in Washington D.C., and Leslie feels overwhelmed by the city -- especially after meeting two of her idols (Senators Barbara Boxer and Olympia Snowe). Meanwhile, Ron (Nick Offerman) throws a “thank you” barbeque for the entire Parks and Recreation staff.
Men at Work - "The Gibbs-Orcism" (TBS, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Tyler's new girlfriend is all too familiar to Milo and Gibbs, so they do their best to hide the truth from him. Neal and Amy do their best to avoid the "anniversary curse," but they can't seem to escape their fate.
Anger Management - "Charlie, Kate and Jen Get Romantic" (FX, 9:30PM ET/PT)
Martin tries to undermine Charlie and Kate's relationship by telling Kate that Charlie and Jennifer are getting back together.
Big Time Rush - "Big Time Bonus" (Nickelodeon, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Gustavo gives the guys a bonus for their hard work, but they quickly begin to make bad decisions with their money. Carlos hires a personal assistant, James buys a snake he can't live without, Kendall accidentally buys a truck full of oranges and Logan can't resist the power of tipping and getting favors done in return.
Wendell & Vinnie - "The Dutch & Us" (Nickelodeon, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Wendell befriends a lonely student from Holland, Jann. But when Jann abandons Wendell for a cooler crowd, Vinnie decides to help Wendell win him back by putting them in a situation where they're forced to spend time together.