Friday, October 08, 2010
ABC Family, Hallmark, Lifetime Changes Starting Monday; Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows (Week of October 11, 2010)
As for Hallmark Channel, there will be special primetime presentations of The Martha Stewart Show, Mad Hungry with Lucinda Scala Quinn and Whatever with Alexis & Jennifer from 8pm-11pm for the week of October 11 ONLY replacing the regularly scheduled primetime of Little House on the Prairie and a movie. The regular primetime returns the following week. Also of note, starting Saturday, November 13, all of Hallmark's sitcoms will be preempted everyday for holiday movies, as Hallmark gets into the holiday spirit. This means Who's the Boss, Cheers, I Love Lucy and The Golden Girls will NOT air for the rest of the month (and likely not until after Christmas, but we don't have the December schedule yet), as movies will air all day except during the "Martha Stewart Home" block from 10am-3pm. Little House on the Prairie will only air weekdays at 3pm during this time.
And finally the last, last minute change is for Lifetime. Starting Monday, they will add a morning hour of New Adventures of Old Christine airing in the 10am hour, shifting everything else up an hour. Wife Swap is now at 11am, Airline at 12 noon, Desperate Housewives at 1pm, Grey's Anatomy at 2pm & 3pm, and Unsolved Mysteries at 4pm & 5pm. Old Christine remains at 6pm, but its 7pm hour will now be How I Met Your Mother. At 8pm, Reba takes over the How I Met Your Mother hour. It's Reba to the rescue again for Lifetime. Then primetime airs from 9-11pm, with a movie on Mondays/Wednesdays, Wife Swap on Tuesdays, Project Runway/On The Road with Austin & Santino on Thursdays, and a block of Reba on Fridays. How I Met Your Mother remains in the 11pm hour, but the 12-2am block is now the same as what airs at 9-11pm. Frasier closes the night out in the 2am half-hour, as Medium is gone.
It's Friday, so it is time for "Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows" for the coming week. This is where we list what sitcom stars are appearing on talk shows for the coming week, the stars are both current and past sitcom stars (but we won't cover movie stars like Tom Hanks or John Travolta, since they won't be talking about their past sitcoms likely), so this is for all sitcom fans of all eras!
For the week of Oct. 11-15, 2010, we have many current sitcom stars and past sitcom stars on TV talk shows! So get your DVR's (or whatever you use) ready! Ready? Here is all what you need to know for the coming week!
Monday, October 11, 2010
- Jim Parsons (The Big Bang Theory) - Catch "Sheldon" on The Late Show with David Letterman on CBS at 11:35pm.
- Jay Mohr (Gary Unmarried) - Catch Jay on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno on NBC at 11:35pm.
- David Spade (Rules of Engagement/8 Simple Rules/Just Shoot Me!) - Watch David on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local station.
- Ken Jeong (Community) - Catch Ken on a repeat of Lopez Tonight at 11pm on TBS.
- Ty Burrell (Modern Family/Back to You) - Catch Ty on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno at 11:35pm on NBC.
- Jim Parsons (The Big Bang Theory) - Watch Jim this time on CBS Early Show sometime between 7-9am.
- Bryan Cranston (Malcolm in the Middle) - Catch Bryan on a repeat of Lopez Tonight at 11pm on TBS.
- Diedrich Bader (Outsourced/Drew Carey Show) - Catch Diedrich on The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:37am on CBS.
- Kevin McHale (Community) - Catch Kevin on an all-new The Tonight Show with Jay Leno at 11:35pm on NBC.
- Wanda Sykes (Old Christine) - Watch Wanda also on Tonight Show with Jay Leno at 11:35pm on NBC.
- Drew Carey (Drew Carey Show) - Watch Drew on CBS Early Show sometime between 7-9am and then late night on The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:37am on CBS.
- Tony Danza (Who's the Boss?/Taxi) - Watch Tony on the Tavis Smiley Show on PBS, so check your listings.
- Ty Burrell (Modern Family/Back To You) - Catch Ty on The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:37am on CBS.
- Sara Gilbert, Leah Remini, Holly Robinson Peete - These past sitcom stars will be on CBS Early Show to promote their new CBS talk show.
- Marlo Thomas (That Girl) - Catch Marlo on The Wendy Williams Show on BET at 12am or your local affiliate.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (October)
10/06 - Bewitched - The Complete Collection
10/06 - Grace Under Fire - The Complete Collection
10/06 - Happyish - Season One
10/06 - I Dream of Jeannie - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
10/06 - Party Down - The Complete Series
10/06 - South Park - The Complete Eighteenth Season (Blu-ray)
10/20 - C.P.O. Sharkey - Mr. Warmth: The Ultimate Don Rickles TV Collection
10/20 - The Facts of Life - Season Seven
10/20- King of the Hill - The Complete 13th Season (Blu-ray)
10/20 - My Favorite Martian - The Complete Series
10/20 - Nurse Jackie - Season Seven ((Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Wednesday, October 7
The Middle - "The Shirt" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Frankie is speechless when Mike — whose entire wardrobe consists of long sleeved flannel shirts — decides to wear a short sleeved Hawaiian shirt when they go out to dinner with some friends. Meanwhile, while Sue excitedly finds herself signing up for as many no-cut college clubs as she can, she accidentally tells Devin how much Axl loves her, which scares Devin and leads her to question their relationship; and Brick gets a little too ambitious while tackling his chore of cleaning the bathroom.
The Goldbergs - "Jimmy 5 Is Alive" (ABC, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Murray attempts to help Adam transition into adulthood by building a robot, but their creative differences drive them apart, the opposite of what Murray was trying to achieve. Meanwhile, Barry makes a huge mistake when he accidentally tapes over Beverly’s beloved video of his 5th birthday party.
Modern Family - "The Closet Case" (ABC, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Being the cool dad that he is, Phil helps Haley convince Claire to allow Dylan to move in temporarily, but after seeing how intimate living together means, Phil is having major second thoughts. Mitch takes on a much needed consulting job that just so happens to be for Jay’s biggest rival – Closets, Closets, Closets, Closets! – which doesn’t go over well with Jay, and elsewhere, Gloria and Cameron disagree on how to handle Manny’s girl problem at school.
black-ish - "Dr. Hell No" (ABC, 9:30PM ET/PT)
After Dre gets his yearly physical and comes home traumatized, Pops explains his generation’s strong aversion towards healthcare and admits that he hasn’t seen a doctor in years. Shocked by this disclosure, Dre and Bow try to convince Pops to get a check-up and he begrudgingly agrees. When Pops finds out he has a clogged artery and needs a small procedure, the rest of The Johnson family handles the news in different ways.
Kevin From Work - "Escape From Work" (ABC Family, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Homebound Kevin has a black-and-white dream about Audrey and his work-related troubles.
Kevin From Work - "Team Kevin From Work" (ABC Family, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Kevin decides to take advantage of Audrey and Brock's relationship difficulties.
Bella and the Bulldogs - "Girls' Night" (Nickelodeon, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Bella, Sophie, and Pepper plot the perfect revenge when a boy who wronged Bella winds up delivering their pizza during their sleepover. Newt and Sawyer help Troy move in to his new dorm, but they begin to overstay their welcome.
The League - "The Bully" (FXX, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Kevin is uncomfortable with Ellie¹s new sex-ed class. Taco starts a Little Eskimo Brothers program at the EBDBBnB.
You're the Worst - "We Can Do Better Than This" (FXX, 10:30PM ET/PT)
Jimmy questions his ability as a writer but finally zeroes in on his next project. Meanwhile, Gretchen and Lindsay discover all they do is talk about men and set out to change the status-quo. Edgar gets close to his improv teacher, Dorothy.
Wednesday, October 7
- Joel McHale (Community) - Watch Joel on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Jamie Lee Curtis (Scream Queens/Anything But Love) - Jamie Lee appears on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Nasim Pedrad (Scream Queens/Mulaney) - Nasim visits Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Whitney Cummings (Whitney) - Whitney is a guest on Rachael Ray, so check your local listings.
- Morris Chestnut (Out All Night) - Morris offers his 60-second love advice on The Dr. Oz Show, so check your local listings.
- Michaela Watkins (Casual/Trophy Wife) and Tommy Dewey (Casual) - Michaela and Tommy discuss their new Hulu comedy series Casual on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Sophia Bush (Partners) - Sophia is a guest on People.com Chatter.
- Abigail Breslin (Scream Queens) - Abigail appears on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- The Cast of Family Ties - The cast reunites on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am.
- Marcia Gay Harden (Trophy Wife) - Marcia talks about her new hospital drama Code Black on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Keke Palmer (Scream Queens/True Jackson, VP) - Keke is a guest on People Now.