Friday, October 08, 2010
ABC Family, Hallmark, Lifetime Changes Starting Monday; Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows (Week of October 11, 2010)
As for Hallmark Channel, there will be special primetime presentations of The Martha Stewart Show, Mad Hungry with Lucinda Scala Quinn and Whatever with Alexis & Jennifer from 8pm-11pm for the week of October 11 ONLY replacing the regularly scheduled primetime of Little House on the Prairie and a movie. The regular primetime returns the following week. Also of note, starting Saturday, November 13, all of Hallmark's sitcoms will be preempted everyday for holiday movies, as Hallmark gets into the holiday spirit. This means Who's the Boss, Cheers, I Love Lucy and The Golden Girls will NOT air for the rest of the month (and likely not until after Christmas, but we don't have the December schedule yet), as movies will air all day except during the "Martha Stewart Home" block from 10am-3pm. Little House on the Prairie will only air weekdays at 3pm during this time.
And finally the last, last minute change is for Lifetime. Starting Monday, they will add a morning hour of New Adventures of Old Christine airing in the 10am hour, shifting everything else up an hour. Wife Swap is now at 11am, Airline at 12 noon, Desperate Housewives at 1pm, Grey's Anatomy at 2pm & 3pm, and Unsolved Mysteries at 4pm & 5pm. Old Christine remains at 6pm, but its 7pm hour will now be How I Met Your Mother. At 8pm, Reba takes over the How I Met Your Mother hour. It's Reba to the rescue again for Lifetime. Then primetime airs from 9-11pm, with a movie on Mondays/Wednesdays, Wife Swap on Tuesdays, Project Runway/On The Road with Austin & Santino on Thursdays, and a block of Reba on Fridays. How I Met Your Mother remains in the 11pm hour, but the 12-2am block is now the same as what airs at 9-11pm. Frasier closes the night out in the 2am half-hour, as Medium is gone.
It's Friday, so it is time for "Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows" for the coming week. This is where we list what sitcom stars are appearing on talk shows for the coming week, the stars are both current and past sitcom stars (but we won't cover movie stars like Tom Hanks or John Travolta, since they won't be talking about their past sitcoms likely), so this is for all sitcom fans of all eras!
For the week of Oct. 11-15, 2010, we have many current sitcom stars and past sitcom stars on TV talk shows! So get your DVR's (or whatever you use) ready! Ready? Here is all what you need to know for the coming week!
Monday, October 11, 2010
- Jim Parsons (The Big Bang Theory) - Catch "Sheldon" on The Late Show with David Letterman on CBS at 11:35pm.
- Jay Mohr (Gary Unmarried) - Catch Jay on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno on NBC at 11:35pm.
- David Spade (Rules of Engagement/8 Simple Rules/Just Shoot Me!) - Watch David on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local station.
- Ken Jeong (Community) - Catch Ken on a repeat of Lopez Tonight at 11pm on TBS.
- Ty Burrell (Modern Family/Back to You) - Catch Ty on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno at 11:35pm on NBC.
- Jim Parsons (The Big Bang Theory) - Watch Jim this time on CBS Early Show sometime between 7-9am.
- Bryan Cranston (Malcolm in the Middle) - Catch Bryan on a repeat of Lopez Tonight at 11pm on TBS.
- Diedrich Bader (Outsourced/Drew Carey Show) - Catch Diedrich on The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:37am on CBS.
- Kevin McHale (Community) - Catch Kevin on an all-new The Tonight Show with Jay Leno at 11:35pm on NBC.
- Wanda Sykes (Old Christine) - Watch Wanda also on Tonight Show with Jay Leno at 11:35pm on NBC.
- Drew Carey (Drew Carey Show) - Watch Drew on CBS Early Show sometime between 7-9am and then late night on The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:37am on CBS.
- Tony Danza (Who's the Boss?/Taxi) - Watch Tony on the Tavis Smiley Show on PBS, so check your listings.
- Ty Burrell (Modern Family/Back To You) - Catch Ty on The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:37am on CBS.
- Sara Gilbert, Leah Remini, Holly Robinson Peete - These past sitcom stars will be on CBS Early Show to promote their new CBS talk show.
- Marlo Thomas (That Girl) - Catch Marlo on The Wendy Williams Show on BET at 12am or your local affiliate.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (June)
06/14 - Ballers - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
06/14 - The League - Season 7 - The Final Fantasy
06/14 - The League - The Complete Series
06/14 - Maude - The Complete Fifth Season
06/14 - Survivor's Remorse - The Complete Second Season
06/21 - Workaholics - Season Six
06/24 - The Monkees - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
06/28 - Two Guys and a Girl - The Complete Series
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Tuesday, June 28
The Middle - "Risky Business" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Frankie is completely gobsmacked when Mike’s brother Rusty (Norm Macdonald) pays an unexpected visit and offers him an opportunity to partner on one of his crazy business ideas — and Mike wants in. Meanwhile, Axl goes to extreme measures to prove to Mike that he can handle riding his dad’s new motorcycle; and unbeknownst to her parents, Sue tells Brad that her college roommate is so horrible that she’s resorted to living in her car.<> black-ish - "Churched" (ABC, 8:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
In the Johnson home, Sundays involve SAT prep and sports, so when the family is invited to Church on Sunday by the neighbors, Dre goes against his instinct of always saying “no” and agrees. When they end up having one of the best Sundays they can remember, they realize they should say “yes” to things more often. Meanwhile, Jack and Diane find out they were never baptized, and take it upon themselves to do whatever they want.
Uncle Buck - "Going to Jail Party" (ABC, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Alexis is convinced that Buck is to blame for Miles’ new, impulsive attitude after she catches him attempting a risky stunt for his YouTube channel. With Miles’ punishment looming, Buck decides to throw a “going to jail” party while Mom and Dad are out, but unfortunately a creepy neighbor calls the cops and ruins their celebration. Buck, Miles, Tia and Maizy seek revenge and end up in a prank war.
Uncle Buck - "I Got This" (ABC, 9:30PM ET/PT)
Buck and his buddy Cy have a tradition of watching the Bulls games on TV together with Buck’s lucky basketball beside them (or the Bulls lose). But Buck’s multi-tasking skills are pushed to the limit as Tia, Miles and Maizy all have separate crises on the night of a big game, and Will and Alexis are out celebrating their anniversary.
Wrecked - "The Community Pile" (TBS, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Pack goes on a vision quest; Danny helps Owen relax; Todd makes a power play to take control; the survivors make a discovery that could change everything.
Tuesday, June 28
- Jim Jefferies (Legit) - Catch Jim on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Sarah and Erin Foster (Barely Famous) - Sarah and Erin are guests on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Paul Scheer (The League/Fresh Off the Boat) - Paul is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Jade Catta-Preta (Manhattan Love Story) - Jade appears on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Drew Carey (The Drew Carey Show/The Good Life) - Drew is a guest on a repeat of The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Steve Harvey (The Steve Harvey Show) - Steve appears on a repeat of The Meredith Vieira Show, so check your local listings.
- Sherri Shepherd (Lesss Than Perfect/Sherri) - Sherri is a guest on Steve Harvey, so check your local listings.
- Busy Philipps (Vice Principals/Cougar Town) - Busy discusses her new HBO show Vice Principals, a new comedy series, created by Danny McBride and Jody Hill, that follows a high school and the two people who almost run it on the AOL Build Show at 1pm. She will also be on Good Day New York on WNYW-Fox5 in New York sometime in the 9am hour.
- Jonathan Groff (Looking) - Jonathan talks about Looking on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- Constance Zimmer (Good Morning, Miami), Shiri Appleby (Sunday Dinner) and Craig Bierko (Unhitched/Madman of the People/Sydney) - The stars of Lifetime's UnREAL are guests on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am.
- Arsenio Hall (Arsenio) - Arsenio guest co-hosts Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.