Wednesday, January 20, 2010
The other changes are all to late night on weeknights, with The Cosby Show hour moving now to 1-2am instead of 3-4am. And Roseanne late nights are now 2-4am. As mentioned earlier, Bewitched will air on most weekends in marathon blocks: weekend of March 6-7, March 20-21, and March 27. Everything else is the same as the schedule that will start Feb. 15 when Boston Legal joins the line-up.
Moving on to the highlights, High School Reunion will end its third season on Wednesday, March 3 at 10pm. Missed any episodes? Watch a marathon of the previous seven episodes of the season earlier in the day from 9am-4pm ET/PT. Right after the finale, TV Land will have a sneak peek airing of new reality series First Love, Second Chance at 11pm. The series will then air Wednesdays at 10pm starting the very next week (March 10). Remember your first love? What if the one who got away...came back? What if you could give your first love a second chance? First Love, Second Chance is the TV Land PRIME original series that reunites former flames to give them a shot at rekindling their romance. They take turns living in each other's world while reconnecting, reminiscing, sorting out what they once had and what drove them apart, and imagining a new future together. Finally, they head back to their own homes and make a decision--which each sends via a video message: Do they want to call it quits, or commit to giving their relationship a second chance? Find out on this new original series from TV Land PRIME.
Elsewhere, the weekend of March 6-7, TV Land gets ready for First Love with Roseanne's very own David and Darlene. Tune in and follow a romance like no other as we chronicle every moment of their love story from their first kiss to their breakup followed by their wedding and ending with the birth of their baby girl. This stunt is sure to have viewers wondering what happened to their first love and spark interest for TV Land PRIME's new original series First Love, Second Chance which as we mentioned will be premiering Wednesday, March 10 at 10pm!
We mentioned Bewitched will get some weekend blocks, but all of those except one is an actual marathon. The others are just regular airings with episodes going in order, but on March 20-21 Bewitched gets a marathon with themed episodes! Before Bella fell for Edward in Twilight, before Sookie swooned over Bill in True Blood, even before Buffy scored Spike in Buffy the Vampire Slayer, everybody's favorite witch, Samantha married the mortal man of her dreams, Darrin Stephens, and started a cozy life in the suburbs. The weekend of March 20-21 TV Land welcomes back the original supernatural suburban sorceress with a two day marathon of the best episodes of Bewitched, featuring Samantha using her magic to make life a little easier by teaching bizarre relatives, nosy neighbors and boorish bosses some sorely needed life lessons.
TV Land will also have movie premieres in March. Three classic films will make their debut on TV Land PRIME on Friday nights: The Birdcage, St. Elmo's Fire and Dazed & Confused. Also encoring in March are You've Got Mail and The Brady Bunch Movie.
That's about it for TV Land March 2010. You might be wondering if Bewitched will remain on WGN America? As of now, yes it will remain on WGN America. It's always nice to have double the magic! If anything changes on WGN , we'll let you know. Coming in April 2010 to TV Land will be Everybody Loves Raymond which will join TV Land PRIME. It was originally slated for June, so TV Land will start it a few months early. Also the TV Land Awards will air its annual event in April. Stay with us in the coming weeks for TV Land April and the awards.
But for now...view the FULL TV Land March 2010 schedule and highlights, so you don't miss anything!
As you all know by, there was an earthquake in Haiti last week. There will be a telethon to raise money this Friday. Hope for Haiti Now will be the most widely distributed telethon in history, both internationally and across media platforms. The two-hour telethon will air on ABC, CBS, NBC, Fox, CNN, BET, The CW, HBO, MTV, VH1, and CMT on Friday, January 22, 2010 at 8:00 p.m. ET/PT and 7:00 p.m. CT. Hope for Haiti Now will also air on newly added networks including PBS, TNT, Showtime, COMEDY CENTRAL, Bravo, E! Entertainment, National Geographic Channel, Oxygen, G4, CENTRIC, Current TV, Fuse, MLB Network, EPIX, Palladia, SoapNet, Style, Discovery Health, Planet Green, and Canadian networks including CBC Television, CTV, Global Television, and MuchMusic. The event will be live streamed online globally across sites including YouTube, Hulu, MySpace, Fancast, AOL, MSN.com, Yahoo, Bing.com, BET.com, CNN.com, MTV.com, VH1.com, and Rhapsody and on mobile via Alltel, AT&T, Sprint, Verizon, and FloTV.
Hope for Haiti Now will also air internationally on BET International, CNN International, National Geographic, and MTV Networks International, which is available in 640 million homes worldwide. Hope for Haiti Now will be the first U.S.-based telethon airing on MTV in China. Facebook and Twitter have signed on as official social media partners to help drive donations and tune-in to the telethon.
Hope for Haiti Now is produced by Joel Gallen and Tenth Planet Productions, in collaboration with Viacom's MTV Networks and George Clooney.
The global telethon will feature performances by Wyclef Jean, Bruce Springsteen, Jennifer Hudson, Mary J. Blige, Shakira, and Sting in New York City; Alicia Keys, Christina Aguilera, Dave Matthews, John Legend, Justin Timberlake, Stevie Wonder, Taylor Swift and a group performance by Keith Urban, Kid Rock, and Sheryl Crow in Los Angeles; and Coldplay, and a group performance by Bono, The Edge, Jay-Z, and Rihanna in a newly added London location. All musical performances will be available for purchase for $.99 per song through the Apple iTunes Store beginning Saturday, January 23, with all proceeds benefiting Haiti relief funds managed by Hope for Haiti Now charities.
In addition to musical performances, Wyclef Jean in New York City, George Clooney in Los Angeles, and CNN's Anderson Cooper reporting from Haiti, Hope for Haiti Now will feature more than one hundred of the biggest names in film, television, and music supporting the cause with testimonials and by answering phones during the telethon.
How will ABC, CBS, NBC, Fox, and The CW primetime be affected by this? ABC will preempt new episodes of Supernanny and Shark Tank, but 20/20 will remain in the 10pm hour. As of now, ABC hasn't re-scheduled those episodes. CBS will preempt new episodes of Ghost Whisperer, Medium, and NUMB3RS that were supposed to air Friday to next Friday now, when they were supposed to be repeats anyway. CBS will air a repeat of Medium at 10pm following the telethon. NBC will preempt new episodes of Law & Order and Dateline, but Jay Leno Show will of course remain at 10pm. Conan must be rolling his eyes over that. Law & Order won't be new now until March 1 when it moves to Mondays. Fox will have to move the finale of Dollhouse to next Friday at 8pm. The finale of Dollhouse will lead into the season premiere of Kitchen Nightmares next Friday. What a nightmare that lead-in will be for Kitchen Nightmares! Dollhouse finale was originally slated for this Friday at 9pm following a repeat of Bones. And finally, The CW was supposed to return Smallville with new episodes, but now that will be pushed back until next Friday at 8pm.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (June/July)
06/14 - Ballers - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
06/14 - The League - Season 7 - The Final Fantasy
06/14 - The League - The Complete Series
06/14 - Maude - The Complete Fifth Season
06/14 - Survivor's Remorse - The Complete Second Season
06/21 - Workaholics - Season Six
06/24 - The Monkees - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
06/28 - Two Guys and a Girl - The Complete Series
07/08 - The Monkees - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
07/12 - Grady - The Best of Grady
07/26 - Family Mattters - The Complete Seventh Season
07/26 - Where's Huddles? - The Complete Series (WBShop.com)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Thursday, July 28
The Big Bang Theory - "The Fermentation Bifurcation" (CBS, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
The gang goes to a wine bar and runs into Penny’s old boyfriend, Zack (Brian Thomas Smith). Also, Bernadette gets stuck spending the evening with Sheldon when she can’t go wine tasting with the group, and things don’t go as planned when Koothrappali introduces his new girlfriend, Claire (Alessandra Torresani).
Life in Pieces - "Hair Recital Rainbow Mom" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
When John starts feeling old, he attempts to make himself look younger, much to the dismay of his family. Also, Heather worries that Sophia’s piano recital will be a disaster; Jen, Greg and Lark go to an over-the-top birthday party full of overachieving parents who make them panic about getting Lark into a good preschool; and Matt meets Colleen’s mother, Mia (Mercedes Ruehl).
Best Friends Whenever - "Girl Code" (Disney Channel, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Barry is too busy to help Shelby build her website so she takes matters in to her own hands; Cyd and Naldo win a boat and try to hide it in the backyard.
Thursday, July 28
- Will Smith (The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air) - Watch Will on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Abbi Jacobson and Ilana Glazer (Broad City) - Abbi and Ilana are guests on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Eric Andre (Man Seeking Woman/2 Broke Girls/Don't Trust the B---- in Apartment 23) - Eric appears on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Kristin Chenoweth (Kristin) - Kristin is a guest on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Demi Lovato (Sonny with a Chance) and Nick Jonas (Jonas L.A.) - Demi and Nick perform Carpool Karaoke on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Jillian Bell (Workaholics/Eastbound & Down) - Jillian appears on a repeat of Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Gillian Jacobs (Love/Commnity) - Gillian is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight. She will also be on Chelsea on Netflix.
- Joe Jonas (Jonas L.A.) - Joe stops by Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Christina Applegate (Up All Night/Samantha Who?/Married with Children) - Christina is a guest on Conan at 11pm on TBS. She will also be on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Selena Gomez (Wizards of Waverly Place) - Selena appears on a repeat of The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Wendi McLendon-Covey (The Goldbergs/Rules of Engagement/Reno 911!) - Wendi is a guest on a repeat of The Meredith Vieira Show, so check your local listings.
- Sarah Chalke (Scrubs/Roseanne) - Sarah appears on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Anson Williams (Happy Days) - Anson is a guest on a repeat of The Doctors, so check your local listings.
- Anna Gunn (Down the Shore) - Anna talks about her new movie Equity on NBC's Today in the 9am hour and on the AOL Build Show at 11am.
- The Cast of Bad Moms) - Mila Kunis, Kristen Bell, Kathryn Hahn, Christina Applegate and others will be on NBC's Today in the 9am hour.
- Ashley Tisdale (Clipped/The Suite Life of Zack & Cody) - Ashley talks about her latest project Amateur Night on People Now at 8:30am.
- Victoria Justice (Victorious/Zoey 101) - Victoria is a guest on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Jerry O'Connell (We Are Men/Carpoolers/My Secret Identity) - Jerry guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Ashley Williams (The Jim Gaffigan Show/Good Morning, Miami) - Ashley is a guest on People Now at 8:30am.