Wednesday, January 20, 2010
The other changes are all to late night on weeknights, with The Cosby Show hour moving now to 1-2am instead of 3-4am. And Roseanne late nights are now 2-4am. As mentioned earlier, Bewitched will air on most weekends in marathon blocks: weekend of March 6-7, March 20-21, and March 27. Everything else is the same as the schedule that will start Feb. 15 when Boston Legal joins the line-up.
Moving on to the highlights, High School Reunion will end its third season on Wednesday, March 3 at 10pm. Missed any episodes? Watch a marathon of the previous seven episodes of the season earlier in the day from 9am-4pm ET/PT. Right after the finale, TV Land will have a sneak peek airing of new reality series First Love, Second Chance at 11pm. The series will then air Wednesdays at 10pm starting the very next week (March 10). Remember your first love? What if the one who got away...came back? What if you could give your first love a second chance? First Love, Second Chance is the TV Land PRIME original series that reunites former flames to give them a shot at rekindling their romance. They take turns living in each other's world while reconnecting, reminiscing, sorting out what they once had and what drove them apart, and imagining a new future together. Finally, they head back to their own homes and make a decision--which each sends via a video message: Do they want to call it quits, or commit to giving their relationship a second chance? Find out on this new original series from TV Land PRIME.
Elsewhere, the weekend of March 6-7, TV Land gets ready for First Love with Roseanne's very own David and Darlene. Tune in and follow a romance like no other as we chronicle every moment of their love story from their first kiss to their breakup followed by their wedding and ending with the birth of their baby girl. This stunt is sure to have viewers wondering what happened to their first love and spark interest for TV Land PRIME's new original series First Love, Second Chance which as we mentioned will be premiering Wednesday, March 10 at 10pm!
We mentioned Bewitched will get some weekend blocks, but all of those except one is an actual marathon. The others are just regular airings with episodes going in order, but on March 20-21 Bewitched gets a marathon with themed episodes! Before Bella fell for Edward in Twilight, before Sookie swooned over Bill in True Blood, even before Buffy scored Spike in Buffy the Vampire Slayer, everybody's favorite witch, Samantha married the mortal man of her dreams, Darrin Stephens, and started a cozy life in the suburbs. The weekend of March 20-21 TV Land welcomes back the original supernatural suburban sorceress with a two day marathon of the best episodes of Bewitched, featuring Samantha using her magic to make life a little easier by teaching bizarre relatives, nosy neighbors and boorish bosses some sorely needed life lessons.
TV Land will also have movie premieres in March. Three classic films will make their debut on TV Land PRIME on Friday nights: The Birdcage, St. Elmo's Fire and Dazed & Confused. Also encoring in March are You've Got Mail and The Brady Bunch Movie.
That's about it for TV Land March 2010. You might be wondering if Bewitched will remain on WGN America? As of now, yes it will remain on WGN America. It's always nice to have double the magic! If anything changes on WGN , we'll let you know. Coming in April 2010 to TV Land will be Everybody Loves Raymond which will join TV Land PRIME. It was originally slated for June, so TV Land will start it a few months early. Also the TV Land Awards will air its annual event in April. Stay with us in the coming weeks for TV Land April and the awards.
But for now...view the FULL TV Land March 2010 schedule and highlights, so you don't miss anything!
As you all know by, there was an earthquake in Haiti last week. There will be a telethon to raise money this Friday. Hope for Haiti Now will be the most widely distributed telethon in history, both internationally and across media platforms. The two-hour telethon will air on ABC, CBS, NBC, Fox, CNN, BET, The CW, HBO, MTV, VH1, and CMT on Friday, January 22, 2010 at 8:00 p.m. ET/PT and 7:00 p.m. CT. Hope for Haiti Now will also air on newly added networks including PBS, TNT, Showtime, COMEDY CENTRAL, Bravo, E! Entertainment, National Geographic Channel, Oxygen, G4, CENTRIC, Current TV, Fuse, MLB Network, EPIX, Palladia, SoapNet, Style, Discovery Health, Planet Green, and Canadian networks including CBC Television, CTV, Global Television, and MuchMusic. The event will be live streamed online globally across sites including YouTube, Hulu, MySpace, Fancast, AOL, MSN.com, Yahoo, Bing.com, BET.com, CNN.com, MTV.com, VH1.com, and Rhapsody and on mobile via Alltel, AT&T, Sprint, Verizon, and FloTV.
Hope for Haiti Now will also air internationally on BET International, CNN International, National Geographic, and MTV Networks International, which is available in 640 million homes worldwide. Hope for Haiti Now will be the first U.S.-based telethon airing on MTV in China. Facebook and Twitter have signed on as official social media partners to help drive donations and tune-in to the telethon.
Hope for Haiti Now is produced by Joel Gallen and Tenth Planet Productions, in collaboration with Viacom's MTV Networks and George Clooney.
The global telethon will feature performances by Wyclef Jean, Bruce Springsteen, Jennifer Hudson, Mary J. Blige, Shakira, and Sting in New York City; Alicia Keys, Christina Aguilera, Dave Matthews, John Legend, Justin Timberlake, Stevie Wonder, Taylor Swift and a group performance by Keith Urban, Kid Rock, and Sheryl Crow in Los Angeles; and Coldplay, and a group performance by Bono, The Edge, Jay-Z, and Rihanna in a newly added London location. All musical performances will be available for purchase for $.99 per song through the Apple iTunes Store beginning Saturday, January 23, with all proceeds benefiting Haiti relief funds managed by Hope for Haiti Now charities.
In addition to musical performances, Wyclef Jean in New York City, George Clooney in Los Angeles, and CNN's Anderson Cooper reporting from Haiti, Hope for Haiti Now will feature more than one hundred of the biggest names in film, television, and music supporting the cause with testimonials and by answering phones during the telethon.
How will ABC, CBS, NBC, Fox, and The CW primetime be affected by this? ABC will preempt new episodes of Supernanny and Shark Tank, but 20/20 will remain in the 10pm hour. As of now, ABC hasn't re-scheduled those episodes. CBS will preempt new episodes of Ghost Whisperer, Medium, and NUMB3RS that were supposed to air Friday to next Friday now, when they were supposed to be repeats anyway. CBS will air a repeat of Medium at 10pm following the telethon. NBC will preempt new episodes of Law & Order and Dateline, but Jay Leno Show will of course remain at 10pm. Conan must be rolling his eyes over that. Law & Order won't be new now until March 1 when it moves to Mondays. Fox will have to move the finale of Dollhouse to next Friday at 8pm. The finale of Dollhouse will lead into the season premiere of Kitchen Nightmares next Friday. What a nightmare that lead-in will be for Kitchen Nightmares! Dollhouse finale was originally slated for this Friday at 9pm following a repeat of Bones. And finally, The CW was supposed to return Smallville with new episodes, but now that will be pushed back until next Friday at 8pm.
Mike & Molly - "Molly Unleashed" (CBS, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
When Molly finds herself at a crossroads with her career, she makes a huge decision. Brian Baumgartner guest stars as Molly’s union rep, James.
The Millers - "Pilot" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Nathan and his sister, Debbie, are upset when their parents announce they’re divorcing after 43 years of marriage. However, that’s nothing compared to the panic they feel when Carol, their intrusive mother, announces that she’s moving in with Nathan, while Tom, their easily distracted father, is moving in with Debbie.
Monday, April 21
- Courteney Cox (Cougar Town/Friends) - Watch Courteney The Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Jimmie "J.J." Walker (Good Times) - Jimmie appears on The Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Billy Bob Thornton (Hears Afire) - Billy Bob is a guest on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- George Lopez (Saint George/George Lopez) - George stops by The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:37am on CBS.
- Ari Graynor (Bad Teacher) - Ari visits The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:37am on CBS.
- Marlon Wayans (The Wayans Bros.) - Marlon is a guest on @midnight at midnight on Comedy Central.
- Bob Saget (How I Met Your Mother/Full House) - Bob is part of the guest panel on Chelsea Lately on E! at 11pm.
- Joseph Gordon-Levitt (3rd Rock from the Sun) - Joseph appears on a repeat of Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Gillian Jacobs (Community) - Tune in to see Gillian on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Paul Scheer (The League) - Paul is a guest on a repeat of The Pete Holmes Show at midnight on TBS.
- Christopher Meloni (Surviving Jack/The Fanelli Boys) - Christopher drops by The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Brooklyn Decker, Majandra Delfino and Zoe Lister-Jones (Friends with Better Lives) - The women of Friends with Better Lives are guests on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT. Zoe will also be on Pop Sugar Now on TV Guide Network at 6pm and on the next day on their website at noon.
- Drew Carey (The Drew Carey Show/The Good Life) - Drew visits The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Andre Braugher (Brooklyn Nine-Nine) - Andre will be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Kirstie Alley (Kirstie/Veronica's Closet/Cheers) - Kirstie throws down a figure-friendly chicken dinner on Rachael Ray, so check your local listings.
- Ted Lange (The Love Boat) - Ted is a guest on a repeat of The Better Show, so check your local listings.
- Brittany Daniel (The Game/That '80s Show) - Brittany shares her story of triumph over non-Hodgkins lymphoma on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Beau Bridges (The Millers) - Beau appears on The Queen Latifah Show at 12am on BET or on your local stations.
- Toni Colette (United States of Tara) - Toni will be on HuffPost Live.
- Thomas Haden Church (Wings) - Thomas is a guest on HuffPost Live.
- Sofia Vergara (Modern Family/Hot Properties/The Knights of Prosperity) - Sofia visits ABC's Good Morning America between 7-9am.
- James Van Der Beek (Friends with Better Lives/Don't Trust the B---- in Apartment 23) - James will be on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Holly Robinson Peete (Hangin' with Mr. Cooper/For Your Love) - Holly hosts the Plugged In panel on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.