Wednesday, January 20, 2010
The other changes are all to late night on weeknights, with The Cosby Show hour moving now to 1-2am instead of 3-4am. And Roseanne late nights are now 2-4am. As mentioned earlier, Bewitched will air on most weekends in marathon blocks: weekend of March 6-7, March 20-21, and March 27. Everything else is the same as the schedule that will start Feb. 15 when Boston Legal joins the line-up.
Moving on to the highlights, High School Reunion will end its third season on Wednesday, March 3 at 10pm. Missed any episodes? Watch a marathon of the previous seven episodes of the season earlier in the day from 9am-4pm ET/PT. Right after the finale, TV Land will have a sneak peek airing of new reality series First Love, Second Chance at 11pm. The series will then air Wednesdays at 10pm starting the very next week (March 10). Remember your first love? What if the one who got away...came back? What if you could give your first love a second chance? First Love, Second Chance is the TV Land PRIME original series that reunites former flames to give them a shot at rekindling their romance. They take turns living in each other's world while reconnecting, reminiscing, sorting out what they once had and what drove them apart, and imagining a new future together. Finally, they head back to their own homes and make a decision--which each sends via a video message: Do they want to call it quits, or commit to giving their relationship a second chance? Find out on this new original series from TV Land PRIME.
Elsewhere, the weekend of March 6-7, TV Land gets ready for First Love with Roseanne's very own David and Darlene. Tune in and follow a romance like no other as we chronicle every moment of their love story from their first kiss to their breakup followed by their wedding and ending with the birth of their baby girl. This stunt is sure to have viewers wondering what happened to their first love and spark interest for TV Land PRIME's new original series First Love, Second Chance which as we mentioned will be premiering Wednesday, March 10 at 10pm!
We mentioned Bewitched will get some weekend blocks, but all of those except one is an actual marathon. The others are just regular airings with episodes going in order, but on March 20-21 Bewitched gets a marathon with themed episodes! Before Bella fell for Edward in Twilight, before Sookie swooned over Bill in True Blood, even before Buffy scored Spike in Buffy the Vampire Slayer, everybody's favorite witch, Samantha married the mortal man of her dreams, Darrin Stephens, and started a cozy life in the suburbs. The weekend of March 20-21 TV Land welcomes back the original supernatural suburban sorceress with a two day marathon of the best episodes of Bewitched, featuring Samantha using her magic to make life a little easier by teaching bizarre relatives, nosy neighbors and boorish bosses some sorely needed life lessons.
TV Land will also have movie premieres in March. Three classic films will make their debut on TV Land PRIME on Friday nights: The Birdcage, St. Elmo's Fire and Dazed & Confused. Also encoring in March are You've Got Mail and The Brady Bunch Movie.
That's about it for TV Land March 2010. You might be wondering if Bewitched will remain on WGN America? As of now, yes it will remain on WGN America. It's always nice to have double the magic! If anything changes on WGN , we'll let you know. Coming in April 2010 to TV Land will be Everybody Loves Raymond which will join TV Land PRIME. It was originally slated for June, so TV Land will start it a few months early. Also the TV Land Awards will air its annual event in April. Stay with us in the coming weeks for TV Land April and the awards.
But for now...view the FULL TV Land March 2010 schedule and highlights, so you don't miss anything!
As you all know by, there was an earthquake in Haiti last week. There will be a telethon to raise money this Friday. Hope for Haiti Now will be the most widely distributed telethon in history, both internationally and across media platforms. The two-hour telethon will air on ABC, CBS, NBC, Fox, CNN, BET, The CW, HBO, MTV, VH1, and CMT on Friday, January 22, 2010 at 8:00 p.m. ET/PT and 7:00 p.m. CT. Hope for Haiti Now will also air on newly added networks including PBS, TNT, Showtime, COMEDY CENTRAL, Bravo, E! Entertainment, National Geographic Channel, Oxygen, G4, CENTRIC, Current TV, Fuse, MLB Network, EPIX, Palladia, SoapNet, Style, Discovery Health, Planet Green, and Canadian networks including CBC Television, CTV, Global Television, and MuchMusic. The event will be live streamed online globally across sites including YouTube, Hulu, MySpace, Fancast, AOL, MSN.com, Yahoo, Bing.com, BET.com, CNN.com, MTV.com, VH1.com, and Rhapsody and on mobile via Alltel, AT&T, Sprint, Verizon, and FloTV.
Hope for Haiti Now will also air internationally on BET International, CNN International, National Geographic, and MTV Networks International, which is available in 640 million homes worldwide. Hope for Haiti Now will be the first U.S.-based telethon airing on MTV in China. Facebook and Twitter have signed on as official social media partners to help drive donations and tune-in to the telethon.
Hope for Haiti Now is produced by Joel Gallen and Tenth Planet Productions, in collaboration with Viacom's MTV Networks and George Clooney.
The global telethon will feature performances by Wyclef Jean, Bruce Springsteen, Jennifer Hudson, Mary J. Blige, Shakira, and Sting in New York City; Alicia Keys, Christina Aguilera, Dave Matthews, John Legend, Justin Timberlake, Stevie Wonder, Taylor Swift and a group performance by Keith Urban, Kid Rock, and Sheryl Crow in Los Angeles; and Coldplay, and a group performance by Bono, The Edge, Jay-Z, and Rihanna in a newly added London location. All musical performances will be available for purchase for $.99 per song through the Apple iTunes Store beginning Saturday, January 23, with all proceeds benefiting Haiti relief funds managed by Hope for Haiti Now charities.
In addition to musical performances, Wyclef Jean in New York City, George Clooney in Los Angeles, and CNN's Anderson Cooper reporting from Haiti, Hope for Haiti Now will feature more than one hundred of the biggest names in film, television, and music supporting the cause with testimonials and by answering phones during the telethon.
How will ABC, CBS, NBC, Fox, and The CW primetime be affected by this? ABC will preempt new episodes of Supernanny and Shark Tank, but 20/20 will remain in the 10pm hour. As of now, ABC hasn't re-scheduled those episodes. CBS will preempt new episodes of Ghost Whisperer, Medium, and NUMB3RS that were supposed to air Friday to next Friday now, when they were supposed to be repeats anyway. CBS will air a repeat of Medium at 10pm following the telethon. NBC will preempt new episodes of Law & Order and Dateline, but Jay Leno Show will of course remain at 10pm. Conan must be rolling his eyes over that. Law & Order won't be new now until March 1 when it moves to Mondays. Fox will have to move the finale of Dollhouse to next Friday at 8pm. The finale of Dollhouse will lead into the season premiere of Kitchen Nightmares next Friday. What a nightmare that lead-in will be for Kitchen Nightmares! Dollhouse finale was originally slated for this Friday at 9pm following a repeat of Bones. And finally, The CW was supposed to return Smallville with new episodes, but now that will be pushed back until next Friday at 8pm.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (February/March)
02/07 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - Sabrina Down Under
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 1 - School's Cool - Boy Crazy
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 2 - About a Family - Hangin' Out
02/07 - 227 - The Complete First Season (Mill Creek)
02/07 - Vice Principals - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
02/14 - Beavis and Butt-Head - The Complete Collection
02/14 - Grace and Frankie - Season Two
02/28 - Fuller House - The Complete First Season
03/03 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - Now... In Living Color! (Blu-ray)
03/07 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - Mama's Family - Mama's Favorites
03/07 - That '70s Show - The Complete Series - Flashback Edition (Blu-ray)
03/07 - What I Like About You - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - You Me Her - Season One
03/14 - Newhart - The Final (Eighth) Season
03/14 - Unbrekable Kimmy Schmidt - Season Two
03/21 - Master of None - Season One
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Monday, March 27
The Big Bang Theory - "The Brain Bowl Incubation" (CBS, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
After a successful experiment combining their genes, Sheldon will stop at nothing to convince Amy they should procreate. Also, Koothrappali is embarrassed to tell the gang what the new woman he’s dating does for a living.
Kevin Can Wait - "Kevin's Bringing Supper Back" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Kevin’s resolve to spend more quality time with his family is put to the ultimate test when his buddies surprise him with concert tickets to his favorite musician, fellow Long Islander Billy Joel. Multiple Grammy Award-winning pianist, singer and songwriter Billy Joel appears as himself.
Superior Donuts - "Get It, Arthur" (CBS, 9:00PM ET/PT)
When Randy’s mom comes to town, Franco encourages Arthur to go out on his first date in years. Brenda Vaccaro guest stars as Helen, Randy’s mom.
The Great Indoors - "Aaron Wolf" (CBS, 9:30PM ET/PT)
Jack watches the millennials’ journalistic integrity slip away when they fall under the spell of his nemesis, Aaron Wolf (Chris D’Elia), a former magazine staffer turned famous outdoor reality TV host who returns to guest edit the magazine.
Monday, March 27
- Chris Pratt (Parks and Recreation) - Watch Chris on a repeat of Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Richard Dreyfuss (Your Family or Mine) - Richard appears on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Lily Tomlin (Grace and Frankie/Malibu Country) and Jane Fonda (Grace and Frankie) - Lily and Jane are guests on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. They also chat with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Craig Ferguson (The Drew Carey Show) - Craig visits Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC. He will also be on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- Rachel Dratch (Imaginary Mary) - Rachel is a guest on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Pete Holmes (Crashing) - Pete stops by The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Jenna Elfman (Imaginary Mary/1600 Penn/Accidentally on Purpose/Courting Alex/Dharma & Greg) - Jenna appears on Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC. She will also be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 11:30am ET.
- Ron Funches (Powerless/Undateable) - Ron is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Kaitlin Olson (The Mick/It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia) - Kaitlin drops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Wendi McLendon-Covey (The Goldbergs/Rules of Engagement/Reno 911!) - Wendi appears on a repeat of Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Lisa Kudrow (Friends/The Comeback) - Lisa is a guest on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Mark Consuelos (Alpha House/Hope & Faith) - Mark guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Tahj Mowry, Derek Theler and Jean-Luc Bilodeau (Baby Daddy) - Tahj, Derek and Jean-Luc are guests on Harry, so check your local listings.
- Tika Sumpter (The Game) - Tika appears on a repeat of The Real, so check your local listings.
- Vanessa Bell Calloway (Rhythm & Blues) - Vanessa is a guest on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- June Diane Raphael (Grace and Frankie) - June talks about Grace and Frankie on NBC's Today in the 9am hour.
- Melissa McCarthy (Mike & Molly/Samantha Who?) and Ben Falcone (Joey) - Melissa and Ben talk TV Land's Nobodies on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- Brooklyn Decker (Grace and Frankie/Friends with Better Lives) - Brookyln stops by People Now at 8:30am.
- Marcia Gay Harden (Trophy Wife) - Marcia opens up about her favorite part of being in the 50 Shades movies on People Now at 8:30am. \
- Tracee Ellis Ross (black-ish/Girlfriends) - Tracee dishes about her Golden Globe win on a repeat of The Wendy Williams Show at 2am on BET or on your local stations.