Monday, January 04, 2010
Other TV Land February 2010 news has more new episodes of original series High School Reunion on Wednesdays at 10pm. The series starts Jan. 13 and continues throughout February. If you miss any episodes, spend the day on Saturday, Feb. 27 catching up with the Chaparral High School Cowboys as TV Land PRIME airs every episode of HSR Season 3 that has aired thus far driving viewers to tune into remaining episode premieres and the season finale airing Wednesday, March 3.
Want counter programming vs. The Super Bowl on Sunday, Feb. 7? You got it! TV Land presents a marathon of Home Improvement during the big game from 6pm-12am! Tim Allen beats the Super Bowl any day! For Valentine's Day, TV Land PRIME featured a Valentine's Double Feature of two classic films premiering at 9pm on Friday, Feb. 12 (with an encore starting at 6pm on Valentine's Day itself - Sunday, Feb. 14). You've Got Mail (1998) and Blind Date (1987) will air. Meg Ryan and Tom Hanks star in You've Got Mail as two business rivals who hate each other at the office but fall in love over the internet. Jean Stapleton, Dabney Coleman, Greg Kinnear, Parker Posey and Dave Chappelle are among the co-stars. And in Blind Date, Kim Basinger and Bruce Willis star about Walter Davis (Bruce Willis) allowing his brother, Ted (Phil Hartman) to set him up on a blind date with his wife's cousin, Nadia (Kim Basinger). John Larroquette and William Daniel also star in this Blake Edwards film.
Other TV Land PRIME movies for the month are premieres of Baby Boom and The Big Picture, with encores of Armed & Dangerous, Peggy Sue Got Married, The Brady Bunch Movie, and A River Runs Through It. Movies air Fridays at 9pm and usually sometime on weekend afternoons.
We suggest you check out the complete details on TV Land February 2010, as late night gets a little bit of time changes due to the addition of Boston Legal. So, Roseanne, Married...with Children, and The Cosby Show get new late night slots.
Finally, we can announce that coming in March to TV Land is Bewitched...again. Also, as soon as High School Reunion is over, another new original series will air: First Love, Second Chance. So stay with us for March and if anything changes in February.
Chris Mann has put up his first story of 2010 on his wonderful website Retroality.tv! On Jan. 2 it was "Fake Jan" Day. Who is Fake Jan? When ABC revived The Brady Bunch as a song-and-dance variety show in fall 1976, one cast member famously sat out: Eve "Jan" Plumb (surprise!). Producers scrambled to find a replacement and whipped up the lovely, musically talented and, at first glance, eerily Eve-esque Geri Reischl. A winsome country singer and child actor whose resumé includes the cult films I Dismember Mama and The Brotherhood of Satan, Reischl proved endearing to fans and Bradys alike. Three decades later, "Fake Jan" remains one of TV's most memorable phonies, and Reischl endures as a genuine cult phenomenon. This faux Plumb has been spoofed on The Simpsons, inspired a band and even launched her own cheeseball-laden holiday: "Fake Jan Day," celebrated, fittingly, on Jan. 2 (since she was he second "Jan"). Chris also jokes, that March 3 should be Marcia day since Jan says "Marcia, Marcia, Marcia!"
So check out Chris' interview with Geri Reischl on Retroality.tv! In addition to the new story/interview, the website has a new design with an HTML-ized look! Looooking good! Chris says more features will be posted throughout the month, and the site will include video, new channels, as zine on and book 'em pages ... and more! 2010 has started off with a bang for Retroality.tv indeed!
New on DVD/Blu-ray (February)
02/16 - The Andy Griffith Show - The Complete Series
02/16 - The Brady Kids - The Complete Animated Series
02/16 - Girls - The Complete Fourth Season (Blu-ray)
02/16 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - The Complete Series
02/16 - Togetherness - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Monday, February 8
Superstore - "All-Nighter" (NBC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
After a long day, the entire staff is waiting for a truck to deliver new Cloud 9 signage that they'll have to hang throughout the store by morning. Everyone has somewhere to be, tensions are running high and it's only made worse when Glenn (Mark McKinney) announces that the truck is delayed and they're in for a long night. With hours to kill in an empty Cloud 9, our gang finds themselves bonding in the most unusual and creative ways.
Telenovela - "Split Personalties" (NBC, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Mimi's (Diana Maria Riva) husband, Martin (guest star Ricardo Chavira), returns from prison a seemingly better man - and a much hotter one. Ana (Eva Longoria) tries to keep Mimi from getting back together with him by distracting her with a girls night out. The guys try to show Gael how to "bro out."
American Dad - "Hayley Smith, Seal Team Six" (TBS, 8:30PM ET/PT)
When everyone in the family agrees that 18-year-old Haley is a downer, she wonders what happened to her as a child that changed her from `Happy Haley'.
Monday, February 8
- Brie Larson (United States of Tara/Raising Dad) - Watch Brie on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Rebel Wilson (Super Fun Night) - Rebel visits Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Fred Savage (The Grinder/Working/The Wonder Years) - Fred appears on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Gillian Jacobs (Community) - Gillian is a guest on Comedy Central's The Daily Show with Trevor Noah at 11pm. She also talks about Love on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- Keke Palmer (Scream Queens/True Jackson, VP) - Keke appears on The Nightly Show with Larry Wilmore at 11:30pm on Comedy Central.
- David Koechner (F Is for Family/Hank/The Office) - David will be on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Kevin Nealon (Weeds/Hiller and Diller/Champs) - Kevin appears on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Jim Jefferies (Legit) - Jim is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Ray Romano (Everybody Loves Raymond) - Ray stops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Julie Bowen (Modern Family) - Julie visits The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Ben Feldman (Superstore/A to Z/Living with Fran) - Ben discusses Superstore on The Meredith Vieira Show (check your local listings) and on People Now.
- Rachael Harris (Surviving Jack/My Boys/Notes from the Underbelly) - Rachael talks about Deadpool on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Sherri Shepherd (Less Than Perfect/Sherri) - Sherri takes viewers behind the scenes of the Super Bowl on The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Rhea Seehorn (Whitney/I'm with You) - Rhea talks about Better Call Saul on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Britt Lower (Man Seeking Woman) - Britt is a guest on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.