Monday, January 04, 2010
Other TV Land February 2010 news has more new episodes of original series High School Reunion on Wednesdays at 10pm. The series starts Jan. 13 and continues throughout February. If you miss any episodes, spend the day on Saturday, Feb. 27 catching up with the Chaparral High School Cowboys as TV Land PRIME airs every episode of HSR Season 3 that has aired thus far driving viewers to tune into remaining episode premieres and the season finale airing Wednesday, March 3.
Want counter programming vs. The Super Bowl on Sunday, Feb. 7? You got it! TV Land presents a marathon of Home Improvement during the big game from 6pm-12am! Tim Allen beats the Super Bowl any day! For Valentine's Day, TV Land PRIME featured a Valentine's Double Feature of two classic films premiering at 9pm on Friday, Feb. 12 (with an encore starting at 6pm on Valentine's Day itself - Sunday, Feb. 14). You've Got Mail (1998) and Blind Date (1987) will air. Meg Ryan and Tom Hanks star in You've Got Mail as two business rivals who hate each other at the office but fall in love over the internet. Jean Stapleton, Dabney Coleman, Greg Kinnear, Parker Posey and Dave Chappelle are among the co-stars. And in Blind Date, Kim Basinger and Bruce Willis star about Walter Davis (Bruce Willis) allowing his brother, Ted (Phil Hartman) to set him up on a blind date with his wife's cousin, Nadia (Kim Basinger). John Larroquette and William Daniel also star in this Blake Edwards film.
Other TV Land PRIME movies for the month are premieres of Baby Boom and The Big Picture, with encores of Armed & Dangerous, Peggy Sue Got Married, The Brady Bunch Movie, and A River Runs Through It. Movies air Fridays at 9pm and usually sometime on weekend afternoons.
We suggest you check out the complete details on TV Land February 2010, as late night gets a little bit of time changes due to the addition of Boston Legal. So, Roseanne, Married...with Children, and The Cosby Show get new late night slots.
Finally, we can announce that coming in March to TV Land is Bewitched...again. Also, as soon as High School Reunion is over, another new original series will air: First Love, Second Chance. So stay with us for March and if anything changes in February.
Chris Mann has put up his first story of 2010 on his wonderful website Retroality.tv! On Jan. 2 it was "Fake Jan" Day. Who is Fake Jan? When ABC revived The Brady Bunch as a song-and-dance variety show in fall 1976, one cast member famously sat out: Eve "Jan" Plumb (surprise!). Producers scrambled to find a replacement and whipped up the lovely, musically talented and, at first glance, eerily Eve-esque Geri Reischl. A winsome country singer and child actor whose resumé includes the cult films I Dismember Mama and The Brotherhood of Satan, Reischl proved endearing to fans and Bradys alike. Three decades later, "Fake Jan" remains one of TV's most memorable phonies, and Reischl endures as a genuine cult phenomenon. This faux Plumb has been spoofed on The Simpsons, inspired a band and even launched her own cheeseball-laden holiday: "Fake Jan Day," celebrated, fittingly, on Jan. 2 (since she was he second "Jan"). Chris also jokes, that March 3 should be Marcia day since Jan says "Marcia, Marcia, Marcia!"
So check out Chris' interview with Geri Reischl on Retroality.tv! In addition to the new story/interview, the website has a new design with an HTML-ized look! Looooking good! Chris says more features will be posted throughout the month, and the site will include video, new channels, as zine on and book 'em pages ... and more! 2010 has started off with a bang for Retroality.tv indeed!
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Thursday, July 24
The Big Bang Theory - "The Discovery Dissipation" (CBS, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Leonard and Amy help Sheldon cope with the shame he’s feeling after his accidental contribution to science is disproved. Meanwhile, Raj must stay with Howard and Bernadette for a week.
The Millers - "Driving Miss Crazy" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
When Nathan gets frustrated after he’s forced to drive Carol around town for errands once again, he demands that she either learn how to drive or find another chauffeur. But when Debbie volunteers Adam to drive Carol, everyone’s surprised when they form an unexpected bond.
Welcome to Sweden - "Proving Love/Lagenhet" (NBC, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Bruce (Greg Poehler) and Emma (Josephine Bornebusch) move into an apartment in Stockholm and Bruce tries his best to introduce himself to the neighbors. Meanwhile, the couple is forced to prove their relationship at the immigration office, but the interviews don’t go quite as planned. Elsewhere, Emma suspects one of Bruce’s former clients, Aubrey Plaza (guest starring as herself), may be stalking him, while another, Amy Poehler (guest starring as herself), is in desperate need of his professional assistance.
Working the Engels - "Jenna's Friend" (NBC, 9:30PM ET/PT)
When Jimmy (Benjamin Arthur) gives their grandmother’s ring to a stripper, Jenna (Kacey Rohl) is forced to intervene to get it back – and makes an unlikely friend in the process. Meanwhile, Sandy (Azura Skye) wins free mother/daughter hip-hop classes and brings Ceil (Andrea Martin) along, but they quickly realize the class isn't meant for them. Ceil is ready to get out of there, until a former friend makes fun of Sandy, and then Ceil is determined not only that they stay, but that they win the dance competition. Rachel Wilson, Rebecca Dalton and Shawn Byfield guest star.
Married - "The Shower" (FX, 10:00PM ET/PT)
A.J. and Jess hijack Russ and Lina's night out.
You're the Worst - "Insouciance" (FX, 10:30PM ET/PT)
Jimmy attempts to take Gretchen on a date.
Love That Girl - "The Hot Seat" (TV One, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Imunique agrees to throw a bachelorette party for DeMiracle's fiance.
Thursday, July 24
- David Duchovny (Californication) - Catch David on The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:37am on CBS.
- Mary Lynn Rajskub (How to Be a Gentleman) - Mary Lynn stops by Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Mo'Nique (The Parkers) - Mo'Nique appears on a repeat of The Arsenio Hall Show, so check your local listings.
- Wanda Sykes (The New Adventures of Old Christine/Wanda at Large) - Wanda is a guest on a repeat of The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Kristin Chenoweth (Kristin) - Tune in to see Kristin on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Judy Greer (Married/Mad Love/Miss Guided) and Nat Faxon (Married/Ben and Kate) - Judy and Nat talk about their new FX series Married on NBC's Today in the 9am hour. They will also be on HuffPost Live.
- Adrienne Barbeau (Maude) - Adrienne discusses her role in the Hallmark Movie Channel original movie The Memory Book on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Greg Poehler (Welcome to Sweden) - Greg is a guest on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Leah Remini (The King of Queens/Family Tools) - Leah appears on a repeat of The Queen Latifah Show on your local station or at 3am on BET.
- Craig Ferguson (The Drew Carey Show) - Craig will be on Larry King Now at 2/5pm PT/ET on Ora.tv and Hulu.
- Jennie Garth and Tori Spelling (Mystery Girls) - Jennie and Tori are guests on Fox & Friends on Fox News Channel at 7:45am. Jennie will also be on HuffPost Live.