Monday, January 04, 2010
Other TV Land February 2010 news has more new episodes of original series High School Reunion on Wednesdays at 10pm. The series starts Jan. 13 and continues throughout February. If you miss any episodes, spend the day on Saturday, Feb. 27 catching up with the Chaparral High School Cowboys as TV Land PRIME airs every episode of HSR Season 3 that has aired thus far driving viewers to tune into remaining episode premieres and the season finale airing Wednesday, March 3.
Want counter programming vs. The Super Bowl on Sunday, Feb. 7? You got it! TV Land presents a marathon of Home Improvement during the big game from 6pm-12am! Tim Allen beats the Super Bowl any day! For Valentine's Day, TV Land PRIME featured a Valentine's Double Feature of two classic films premiering at 9pm on Friday, Feb. 12 (with an encore starting at 6pm on Valentine's Day itself - Sunday, Feb. 14). You've Got Mail (1998) and Blind Date (1987) will air. Meg Ryan and Tom Hanks star in You've Got Mail as two business rivals who hate each other at the office but fall in love over the internet. Jean Stapleton, Dabney Coleman, Greg Kinnear, Parker Posey and Dave Chappelle are among the co-stars. And in Blind Date, Kim Basinger and Bruce Willis star about Walter Davis (Bruce Willis) allowing his brother, Ted (Phil Hartman) to set him up on a blind date with his wife's cousin, Nadia (Kim Basinger). John Larroquette and William Daniel also star in this Blake Edwards film.
Other TV Land PRIME movies for the month are premieres of Baby Boom and The Big Picture, with encores of Armed & Dangerous, Peggy Sue Got Married, The Brady Bunch Movie, and A River Runs Through It. Movies air Fridays at 9pm and usually sometime on weekend afternoons.
We suggest you check out the complete details on TV Land February 2010, as late night gets a little bit of time changes due to the addition of Boston Legal. So, Roseanne, Married...with Children, and The Cosby Show get new late night slots.
Finally, we can announce that coming in March to TV Land is Bewitched...again. Also, as soon as High School Reunion is over, another new original series will air: First Love, Second Chance. So stay with us for March and if anything changes in February.
Chris Mann has put up his first story of 2010 on his wonderful website Retroality.tv! On Jan. 2 it was "Fake Jan" Day. Who is Fake Jan? When ABC revived The Brady Bunch as a song-and-dance variety show in fall 1976, one cast member famously sat out: Eve "Jan" Plumb (surprise!). Producers scrambled to find a replacement and whipped up the lovely, musically talented and, at first glance, eerily Eve-esque Geri Reischl. A winsome country singer and child actor whose resumé includes the cult films I Dismember Mama and The Brotherhood of Satan, Reischl proved endearing to fans and Bradys alike. Three decades later, "Fake Jan" remains one of TV's most memorable phonies, and Reischl endures as a genuine cult phenomenon. This faux Plumb has been spoofed on The Simpsons, inspired a band and even launched her own cheeseball-laden holiday: "Fake Jan Day," celebrated, fittingly, on Jan. 2 (since she was he second "Jan"). Chris also jokes, that March 3 should be Marcia day since Jan says "Marcia, Marcia, Marcia!"
So check out Chris' interview with Geri Reischl on Retroality.tv! In addition to the new story/interview, the website has a new design with an HTML-ized look! Looooking good! Chris says more features will be posted throughout the month, and the site will include video, new channels, as zine on and book 'em pages ... and more! 2010 has started off with a bang for Retroality.tv indeed!
New on DVD/Blu-ray (June)
06/14 - Ballers - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
06/14 - The League - Season 7 - The Final Fantasy
06/14 - The League - The Complete Series
06/14 - Maude - The Complete Fifth Season
06/14 - Survivor's Remorse - The Complete Second Season
06/21 - Workaholics - Season Six
06/24 - The Monkees - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
06/28 - Two Guys and a Girl - The Complete Series
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Sunday, June 26
Cooper Barrett's Guide to Surviving Life - "How to Survive Your Birthday" (Fox, 7:00PM ET/PT)
When the gang throws Cooper a surprise birthday party, things go south after Kelly witnesses Cooper and Ramona sharing a kiss.
Bob's Burgers - "Nice-Capades" (Fox, 7:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
When a grumpy mall Santa threatens the kids with the dreaded Naughty List, Gene, Tina and Louise decide to put on a musical performance spectacular to earn their spot on the Nice List. Can they change Santa’s mind in time to save their Christmas?
The Simpsons - "Orange Is the New Yellow" (Fox, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
When Marge gets arrested for letting Bart go to the park unsupervised, she serves time only to realize that prison is a welcome break from the demands of her life as a mom and wife. In her absence, Homer struggles to manage all of the parenting responsibilities that Marge usually handles.
Brooklyn Nine-Nine - "Into the Woods" (Fox, 8:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Jake and Charles convince Terry to take a weekend camping trip as a much needed “babymoon,” but they soon realize it might not be the idealistic weekend for which they had hoped. Meanwhile back at the precinct, Holt gives Rosa some important relationship advice and Amy enlists Gina’s help to prepare her for an important presentation.
Family Guy - "Hot Pocket-Dial" (Fox, 9:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Quagmire admits that he’s in love with Lois. Unfortunately, he proclaims his love while he has accidentally pocket-dialed Peter. Peter is furious and Brian takes it upon himself to fix the situation.
The Last Man on Earth - "Baby Steps" (Fox, 9:30PM ET/PT)
Re-population becomes a hot topic with the Malibu survivors.
Still the King - "Guess Who's Comin' to Dinner" (CMT, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Charlotte is furious when she discovers that Vernon has been posing as a preacher; the church is vandalized.
Sunday, June 26
- Sandra Bernhard (Roseanne) - Catch Sandra on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Eric Stonestreet (Modern Family) - Watch Eric on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Nia Long (Uncle Buck/The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air) - Nia is a guest on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Marc Maron (Maron) - Marc appears on a repeat of The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Jenny Slate (Married/Bob's Burgers) - Jenny stops by The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Connie Britton (Spin City/The Fighting Fitzgeralds/Lost at Home) - Connie is a guest on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Natasha Leggero (Another Period/Free Agents) - Natasha appears on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Zach Woods (Silicon Valley/Playing House/The Office) - Zach appears on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Greg Proops (True Jackson, VP) - Greg is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Jill Kargman (Odd Mom Out) - Jill visits Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Aubrey Plaza (Parks and Recreation) - Aubrey appears on Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- D.L. Hughley (The Hughleys) - D.L. guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Demi Lovato (Sonny with a Chance) - Demi appears on a repeat of The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Kellita Smith (The First Family/The Bernie Mac Show) - Kellita stops by The Real, so check your local listings.
- Jamie Lynn Spears (Zoey 101) - Jamie reveals that her husband and daughter are hounding her for more children on People Now at 8:30am.
- Craig Bierko (Unhitched/Madman of the People/Sydney) - Craig is a guest on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Michaela Watkins (Casual/Trophy Wife) - Michaela talks about Hulu's Casual on the AOL Build ShoW at 11am.
- Louis C.K. (Louie) and Kevin Hart (The Big House/Undeclared) - Louis and Kevin talk about The Secret Life of Pets on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am.
- Tony Shalhoub (We Are Men/Wings)- Tony will be on CBS This Morning sometime between 7-9am.
- Arsenio Hall (Arsenio) - Arsenio guest co-hosts Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.