Saturday, January 09, 2010
After the executive session, there were half-hour panels with casts and crews (with 15-minute breaks in between each). First up were producers from the CBS Comedy Power Hour (Two and a Half Men/The Big Bang Theory) at about 9:45am PT. Chuck Lorre, Lee Aronsohn and Bill Prady were on hand to talk about these two powerhouses. Addressed were the Charlie Sheen arrest situation and underusing Kaley Cuoco on Big Bang in the pilot. And no Sheldon-Penny will not happen! Then at 10:30am PT the executive producer (Stephen Lambert) of Undercover Boss along with the CEO from Waste Management (Larry O'Donnell, III) were on hand to talk about the upcoming reality series. Coming up at 11:15am PT are the cast and crew of the upcoming new medical drama Miami Medical. On hand will be stars Jeremy Northam, Lana Parrilla, Mike Vogel, Elisabeth Harnois, and Omar Gooding, along with creator Jeffrey Leiber, and producers Jerry Bruckheimer, Jonathan Littman, and Steve Maeda. Ha, Leiber will be asked LOST questions, since he was a producer on that show. Lunch will be served at 11:45am PT as everyone gets gourmet box lunches.
Stay with us for updates and look back at yesterday's blog for CBS midseason 2010 updates. After everything is over today there will be a Survivor 10th Anniversary at CBS Television City starting at 7pm PT. Everyone will mix and mingle among castaways past and present including the entire cast of the upcoming Survivor: Heroes vs. Villains. Also, in attendance will be Host Jeff Probst, Executive Producer Mark Burnett, as well as other producers, key crew members and CBS executives.
Following the lunch break will be Showtime at 12:30pm PT. We won't cover that, but the panels that are scheduled are Nurse Jackie, United States of Tara, The Green Room with Paul Provenza, and Oliver Stone's Secret History of America.
The CW goes later this afternoon starting at 4pm PT. If anything breaking happens, we will return and edit it in here, but they have panels with the cast and crew of the upcoming Monday drama series Life UneXpected and then the cast and crew of the popular The Vampire Diaries will be on hand. Following these two panels there will be The Vampire Diaries' Bloody Mary Cocktail Reception. In schedule news, the only thing they announced was the date for the all-new season of America's Next Top Model 14, launching Wednesday, March 3, 2010 with a two-hour premiere starting at 8pm. Programming for the post-Top Model hour will be announced at a later time. View our previous story on the Monday night changes. Other than that, The CW will remain the same through the season.
Stay tuned tomorrow for NBC's turn at the press tour. That will be interesting. More drama, I'm sure. Too bad they can't get anyone interested in any of their shows like they do with their idiotic moves.
And finally in regular news, Hallmark Channel will make some schedule changes starting Monday after only a week with the new schedule. The schedule changes are to daytime only from 9am-4pm, as 4pm-4am will remain the same. It will be only time shifting really. Golden Girls' daytime airing moves to the mornings, Little House will now move to mid-morning, 7th Heaven is now afternoons, and AFV's early airing is now paired with its late afternoon airings. So nothing is leaving.
View the full schedule changes so you know when to find your shows!
New on DVD/Blu-ray (September)
09/06 - Coach - Season One (Mill Creek) / Season Two / Seasons One and Two
09/06 - South Park - The Complete Ninteenth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Ninth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - Newhart - The Complete Sixth Season
09/20 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Fifth Season
09/20 - Family Matters - The Complete Eighth Season
09/20 - Modern Family - The Complete Season 7
09/20 - Veep - Season 5
09/27 - The Wonder Years - Season Six
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Saturday, October 22
Superstore - "Guns, Pills and Birds" (NBC, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
When Amy (America Ferrera) assigns an uncomfortable Jonah (Ben Feldman) to the gun section of Cloud 9, Jonah abuses his right-to-refuse sale to anyone that causes concern, causing an open-carry protest to gather in the store. On principle, Glenn (Mark McKinney) attempts to purchase all of the store's morning-after pills, but finds himself in a moral dilemma when he can't afford them. Dina (Lauren Ash), Garrett (Colton Dunn) and Mateo (Nico Santos) hunt down a crow that has flown into the store.
The Thundermans - "Happy Heroween" (Nickelodeon, 8:00PM ET/PT)
It's a major Halloween storm outside, but inside Colosso keeps the family spooked by telling three scary stories that are sure to terrify even the bravest of superheroes.
School of Rock - "Welcome to My Nightmare" (Nickelodeon, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Mr. Finn's class decides to celebrate Halloween in school after Principal Mullins, who hates the holiday, goes home sick. When she returns sooner than expected, they have to scramble to keep her from finding out the truth.
Saturday, October 22
- Jim J. Bullock (Too Close for Comfort) - Jim talks about touring the U.S. in Kinky Boots on Oprah: Where Are They Now? at 10pm ET/PT on OWN.
- Patti LaBelle (Out All Night) - Catch Patti on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Ricky Gervais (The Office) - Watch Ricky on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Tom Hanks (Bosom Buddies) - Tom appears on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. He also talks about Inferno on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am and on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Elijah Wood (Wilfred) - Elijah is a guest on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Ana Gasteyer (People of Earth/Lady Dynamite/Suburgatory) - Ana visits Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Nick Offerman (Parks and Recreation) - Nick stops by The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Ron Howard (Happy Days/The Andy Griffith Show) - Ron appears on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Zooey Deschanel (New Girl) - Zooey is a guest on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Michael Chiklis (Daddio) - Michael drops by Harry, so check your local listings.
- Jameela Jamil (The Good Place) - Jameela appears on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Aya Cash (You're the Worst) - Aya talks about You're the Worst on the AOL Build ShoW at 2pm. She will also be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Will Forte (The Last Man on Earth) - Will is a guest on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am.
- Mary Steenburgen (The Last Man on Earth/Ink) - Mary talks about The Last Man on Earth on NBC's Today in the 10am hour. She will also be on the AOL Build Show at 12:30pm.
- Anna Camp (The Mindy Project) - Anna talks about Good Girls Revolt on People Now at 8:30am.
- James Brolin (Life in Pieces) - James is a guest on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.