Thursday, May 24, 2007
WABC-7 in NY Wins May Sweeps And Highest Rated Channel in the Nation; ABC Family Adds More 'Heaven' in June
WABC won all the local news races, along with the network news race at 6:30pm, and has strong syndicated programming like Live! With Regis & Kelly, Oprah, Wheel of Fortune and Jeopardy! Not to mention the primetime programming such as Grey's Anatomy, Dancing with the Stars and Desperate Housewives.
It just amazes me how strong this channel is and it beats the local competition in everything. WABC won everything except the 7-9am weekday morning show race, with WNBC's Today show winning by 0.4 of a rating over Good Morning America, 4.2 to 3.8. WABC did win last May, 4.5 to 4.1.
For full details, including how the local syndicated airing of the sitcoms like King of Queens on WWOR and Everybody Loves Raymond on WPIX did, click HERE.
And remember last week when we posted the new June line-up for ABC Family Channel? Well family drama 7th Heaven will only be airing Sundays at 7 & 8am we reported...but now ABC Family has also added Saturday mornings at 7 & 8am starting June 16. I guess that is better than nothing. Weekday airings of 6pm will be removed by 8 Simple Rules on June 12.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (June/July)
06/14 - Ballers - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
06/14 - The League - Season 7 - The Final Fantasy
06/14 - The League - The Complete Series
06/14 - Maude - The Complete Fifth Season
06/14 - Survivor's Remorse - The Complete Second Season
06/21 - Workaholics - Season Six
06/24 - The Monkees - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
06/28 - Two Guys and a Girl - The Complete Series
07/08 - The Monkees - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
07/12 - Grady - The Best of Grady
07/26 - Family Mattters - The Complete Seventh Season
07/26 - Where's Huddles? - The Complete Series (WBShop.com)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Sunday, July 24
The Simpsons - "Puffless" (Fox, 7:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Upon learning that their father really died of lung cancer, Selma and Patty agree to quit smoking. When Selma relapses, an angry Patty moves in with Marge and Homer.
Bob's Burgers - "Sacred Couch" (Fox, 7:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
After a family vote rules against buying a new couch during TV Night, Louise takes matters into her own hands. The Belchers take sides as they are forced to decide whether memories are enough to keep their family sofa. Will they take the Sofa Queen’s advice and learn to love a new couch?
The Simpsons - " Love Is in the N2-O2-Ar-CO2-Ne-He-CH4" (Fox, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Lonely Professor Fink uses science to turn himself into a man whom women find attractive. Then, overwhelmed by the attention, he invents an algorithm to perfectly pair the lonely men and women of Springfield, realizing that scientific exploration is his true love. Meanwhile, Marge, Bart, and Lisa visit Grampa for Valentine’s Day and try to rescue the old folks from a drug-induced hallucination that allows them to relive their happiest memories.
Brooklyn Nine-Nine - "Karen Peralta" (Fox, 8:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
On his birthday, Jake brings Amy to meet his mother (guest star Katey Sagal), but a surprise appearance by his dad (guest star Bradley Whitford) throws a wrench in his special day. Meanwhile, Rosa and Charles struggle with a new mandate regarding body cams while on a stakeout with Terry, and Gina forgets to inform the precinct about an important plan of Holt’s.
Family Guy - "Scammed Yankees" (Fox, 9:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Lois and her mom, Babs, have a relaxing spa day, leaving Peter to entertain Lois’ father, Carter. The boys fall for an email scam, and have to go to Africa to get their money back. Meanwhile, Brian pursues Meg’s friend, Patty.
The Last Man on Earth - "Pitch Black" (Fox, 9:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Mike Miller’s (guest star Jason Sudeikis) space capsule careens through the sky toward Earth, finally putting him on the same planet as his big brother, Phil/Tandy (Will Forte). Mike thinks he is the last man on earth, but who knows what or whom he might encounter.
K.C. Undercover - "Sup, Dawg?" (Disney Channel, 8:00PM ET/PT)
K.C. woefully takes on a new partner, canine spy Dexter, to help her catch a group of criminals smuggling fireworks.
Bizaardvark - "Superfan" (Disney Channel, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Paige and Frankie discover they have their first superfan, Belissa, and feel like they have truly ``made it.''
Still the King - "Hands on a Hard Vessel" (CMT, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Ronnie, Debbie and Charlotte attend a ``hands on a hard boat'' competition.
Sunday, July 24
- Michael Rapaport (The War at Home) - Catch Michael on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Danny McBride (Vice Principals/Eastbound & Down) - Watch Danny on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Denis Leary (Sex&Drugs&Rock&Roll/The Job) - Denis stops by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Allison Janney (Mom/Mr. Sunshine) - Allison is a guest on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Mila Kunis (That '70s Show/Family Guy) - Mila appears on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Christina Applegate (Up All Night/Samantha Who?/Married with Children) - Christina visits The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Jim Jefferies (Legit) - Jim is a guest on Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Abby Elliott (Odd Mom Out) - Abby stops by Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo. She dishes on her upcoming September Wedding on People Now at 8:30am.
- Joe Morton (Grady) - Joe appears on a repeat of The Real, so check your local listings.
- Anna Gunn (Down the Shore) - Anna talks about her new movie Equity on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Niecy Nash (The Soul Man/Getting On/Reno 911!) - Niecy guest co-hosts Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Christian Slater (Breaking In) - Christian guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.