Tuesday, March 20, 2007
Nick at Nite April 2007 Highlights; Retro Television Network Stations Make Deal With CBS-Paramount Shows
And some people have been wondering if the following week would Growing Pains return to the early evening slot? The answer is NO. It will just air every night at 1:00am. Full House will kick off Nick at Nite each night for an hour. It won't air at 8:30pm anymore starting March 26, as Nickelodeon's Drake & Josh will now air.
As for Nick at Nite April, there will be no schedule changes, as of now, that is. Highlights include the launch of Funniest Mom in America 3. The reality series will be hosted by Roseanne! Series launch is on Tuesday, April 10 with a special hour-long premiere at 9 p.m. ET/PT
Tune in on Tuesdays at 9 p.m. ET/PT through May 8 to catch America's Moms at their finest. Series finale will be on Mother's Day (Sunday, May 13) with another hour long episode.
The six-part reality series, hosted by Roseanne, follows the journey of moms across the country as they compete for the title of Funniest Mom in America. One lucky winner will win $50,000 plus the chance to host a special night of programming on Nick at Nite. The series is being executive produced by Allison Grodner (Big Brother, Blowout). Funniest Mom 3 is presented by KFC.
The series kicks off following the journey of moms who have been selected from auditions and regional competitions at comedy clubs across the country as they vie for the winning title. Twelve moms are chosen, and through an online component, a thirteenth mom will be voted in via the internet at nickatnite.com. All thirteen of these moms will compete in a semi-final showcase, in which six moms will be chosen to move on to the next round of the competition. It is these six who will compete in a number of various comedic challenges, work with special coaches and prepare for performances where week by week, one mom will be eliminated. The three remaining contestants will compete in the show's finale, performing their stand-up before an audience and a panel of celebrity judges to be announced shortly.
Nick at Nite will launch America's Funniest Home Videos the last day of April (April 30). More details on that will come in the May highlights. Stay tuned for that in the coming weeks.
Equity Broadcasting Corporation (EBC) today announced that it has reached an agreement with CBS Television Distribution to provide classic programming from the vast CBS library for EBC's Retro Television Network (RTN). Under the terms of the multi-year licensing agreement, CBS Television Distribution will be RTN's primary programming provider for the next five years and will supply a minimum of 55 hours of programming a week for each RTN affiliate.
RTN is a new television network that provides each affiliate a
customized feed with hit shows, in addition to local programming including news, weather and sports. RTN is specifically designed to go on a broadcast digital channel and provides local broadcasters with a way to get ratings and successfully monetize their digital spectrum. RTN has been testing this concept for the past 18 months and has experienced continued growth and success with its initial affiliates, five of which are in top-50 markets.
EBC plans to launch RTN nationally on July 7, 2007, with a new "Prime Time all the Time" lineup that will feature many of the CBS Television Distribution favorites, including Perry Mason, Hawaii 5-0 and Mission Impossible. RTN is currently available to local affiliates on a barter basis.
RTN is already cleared to broadcast in the following markets: Denver, CO; St. Louis, MO; Salt Lake City, UT; Las Vegas, NV; Buffalo, NY; Little Rock, AR; Lexington, KY; Springfield, MO; Spokane, WA; Syracuse, NY; Cedar Rapids/Waterloo, IA; Burlington, VT; Savannah, GA; Ft. Smith/Fayetteville, AR; Myrtle Beach/Florence, SC; Eugene, OR; Panama City, FL; Alexandria, LA;
and Cheyenne, WY/Scottsbluff, NE.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (June)
06/14 - Ballers - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
06/14 - The League - Season 7 - The Final Fantasy
06/14 - The League - The Complete Series
06/14 - Maude - The Complete Fifth Season
06/14 - Survivor's Remorse - The Complete Second Season
06/21 - Workaholics - Season Six
06/24 - The Monkees - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
06/28 - Two Guys and a Girl - The Complete Series
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Sunday, June 26
Cooper Barrett's Guide to Surviving Life - "How to Survive Your Birthday" (Fox, 7:00PM ET/PT)
When the gang throws Cooper a surprise birthday party, things go south after Kelly witnesses Cooper and Ramona sharing a kiss.
Bob's Burgers - "Nice-Capades" (Fox, 7:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
When a grumpy mall Santa threatens the kids with the dreaded Naughty List, Gene, Tina and Louise decide to put on a musical performance spectacular to earn their spot on the Nice List. Can they change Santa’s mind in time to save their Christmas?
The Simpsons - "Orange Is the New Yellow" (Fox, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
When Marge gets arrested for letting Bart go to the park unsupervised, she serves time only to realize that prison is a welcome break from the demands of her life as a mom and wife. In her absence, Homer struggles to manage all of the parenting responsibilities that Marge usually handles.
Brooklyn Nine-Nine - "Into the Woods" (Fox, 8:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Jake and Charles convince Terry to take a weekend camping trip as a much needed “babymoon,” but they soon realize it might not be the idealistic weekend for which they had hoped. Meanwhile back at the precinct, Holt gives Rosa some important relationship advice and Amy enlists Gina’s help to prepare her for an important presentation.
Family Guy - "Hot Pocket-Dial" (Fox, 9:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Quagmire admits that he’s in love with Lois. Unfortunately, he proclaims his love while he has accidentally pocket-dialed Peter. Peter is furious and Brian takes it upon himself to fix the situation.
The Last Man on Earth - "Baby Steps" (Fox, 9:30PM ET/PT)
Re-population becomes a hot topic with the Malibu survivors.
Still the King - "Guess Who's Comin' to Dinner" (CMT, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Charlotte is furious when she discovers that Vernon has been posing as a preacher; the church is vandalized.
Sunday, June 26
- Sandra Bernhard (Roseanne) - Catch Sandra on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Eric Stonestreet (Modern Family) - Watch Eric on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Nia Long (Uncle Buck/The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air) - Nia is a guest on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Marc Maron (Maron) - Marc appears on a repeat of The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Jenny Slate (Married/Bob's Burgers) - Jenny stops by The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Connie Britton (Spin City/The Fighting Fitzgeralds/Lost at Home) - Connie is a guest on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Natasha Leggero (Another Period/Free Agents) - Natasha appears on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Zach Woods (Silicon Valley/Playing House/The Office) - Zach appears on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Greg Proops (True Jackson, VP) - Greg is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Jill Kargman (Odd Mom Out) - Jill visits Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Aubrey Plaza (Parks and Recreation) - Aubrey appears on Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- D.L. Hughley (The Hughleys) - D.L. guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Demi Lovato (Sonny with a Chance) - Demi appears on a repeat of The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Kellita Smith (The First Family/The Bernie Mac Show) - Kellita stops by The Real, so check your local listings.
- Jamie Lynn Spears (Zoey 101) - Jamie reveals that her husband and daughter are hounding her for more children on People Now at 8:30am.
- Craig Bierko (Unhitched/Madman of the People/Sydney) - Craig is a guest on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Michaela Watkins (Casual/Trophy Wife) - Michaela talks about Hulu's Casual on the AOL Build ShoW at 11am.
- Louis C.K. (Louie) and Kevin Hart (The Big House/Undeclared) - Louis and Kevin talk about The Secret Life of Pets on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am.
- Tony Shalhoub (We Are Men/Wings)- Tony will be on CBS This Morning sometime between 7-9am.
- Arsenio Hall (Arsenio) - Arsenio guest co-hosts Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.