Tuesday, March 20, 2007
Nick at Nite April 2007 Highlights; Retro Television Network Stations Make Deal With CBS-Paramount Shows
And some people have been wondering if the following week would Growing Pains return to the early evening slot? The answer is NO. It will just air every night at 1:00am. Full House will kick off Nick at Nite each night for an hour. It won't air at 8:30pm anymore starting March 26, as Nickelodeon's Drake & Josh will now air.
As for Nick at Nite April, there will be no schedule changes, as of now, that is. Highlights include the launch of Funniest Mom in America 3. The reality series will be hosted by Roseanne! Series launch is on Tuesday, April 10 with a special hour-long premiere at 9 p.m. ET/PT
Tune in on Tuesdays at 9 p.m. ET/PT through May 8 to catch America's Moms at their finest. Series finale will be on Mother's Day (Sunday, May 13) with another hour long episode.
The six-part reality series, hosted by Roseanne, follows the journey of moms across the country as they compete for the title of Funniest Mom in America. One lucky winner will win $50,000 plus the chance to host a special night of programming on Nick at Nite. The series is being executive produced by Allison Grodner (Big Brother, Blowout). Funniest Mom 3 is presented by KFC.
The series kicks off following the journey of moms who have been selected from auditions and regional competitions at comedy clubs across the country as they vie for the winning title. Twelve moms are chosen, and through an online component, a thirteenth mom will be voted in via the internet at nickatnite.com. All thirteen of these moms will compete in a semi-final showcase, in which six moms will be chosen to move on to the next round of the competition. It is these six who will compete in a number of various comedic challenges, work with special coaches and prepare for performances where week by week, one mom will be eliminated. The three remaining contestants will compete in the show's finale, performing their stand-up before an audience and a panel of celebrity judges to be announced shortly.
Nick at Nite will launch America's Funniest Home Videos the last day of April (April 30). More details on that will come in the May highlights. Stay tuned for that in the coming weeks.
Equity Broadcasting Corporation (EBC) today announced that it has reached an agreement with CBS Television Distribution to provide classic programming from the vast CBS library for EBC's Retro Television Network (RTN). Under the terms of the multi-year licensing agreement, CBS Television Distribution will be RTN's primary programming provider for the next five years and will supply a minimum of 55 hours of programming a week for each RTN affiliate.
RTN is a new television network that provides each affiliate a
customized feed with hit shows, in addition to local programming including news, weather and sports. RTN is specifically designed to go on a broadcast digital channel and provides local broadcasters with a way to get ratings and successfully monetize their digital spectrum. RTN has been testing this concept for the past 18 months and has experienced continued growth and success with its initial affiliates, five of which are in top-50 markets.
EBC plans to launch RTN nationally on July 7, 2007, with a new "Prime Time all the Time" lineup that will feature many of the CBS Television Distribution favorites, including Perry Mason, Hawaii 5-0 and Mission Impossible. RTN is currently available to local affiliates on a barter basis.
RTN is already cleared to broadcast in the following markets: Denver, CO; St. Louis, MO; Salt Lake City, UT; Las Vegas, NV; Buffalo, NY; Little Rock, AR; Lexington, KY; Springfield, MO; Spokane, WA; Syracuse, NY; Cedar Rapids/Waterloo, IA; Burlington, VT; Savannah, GA; Ft. Smith/Fayetteville, AR; Myrtle Beach/Florence, SC; Eugene, OR; Panama City, FL; Alexandria, LA;
and Cheyenne, WY/Scottsbluff, NE.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (September)
09/06 - Coach - Season One (Mill Creek) / Season Two / Seasons One and Two
09/06 - South Park - The Complete Ninteenth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Ninth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - Newhart - The Complete Sixth Season
09/20 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Fifth Season
09/20 - Family Matters - The Complete Eighth Season
09/20 - Modern Family - The Complete Season 7
09/20 - Veep - Season 5
09/27 - The Wonder Years - Season Six
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Tuesday, October 25
The Middle - "Halloween VIII: The Heckoning" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
As Halloween approaches, Frankie is taken aback when she discovers that, if the circumstances ever arose where she and Mike got divorced, the kids would all choose to live with Mike. Meanwhile, Sue tries everything in her power to get her room back from Brick, and having to be so nice around girlfriend April all of the time leads Axl to lash out at his family.
American Housewife - "Westport Zombies" (ABC, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Katie, jealous of Taylor’s friendship with neighbor Viv (Leslie Bibb), reluctantly competes in the Westport Halloween “Zombie Run” after she finds out they’ll both be running. Meanwhile, Greg and Anna-Kat get a little too much in character for the “zombie” part of the run’s obstacle course.
Fresh Off the Boat - "Louisween" (ABC, 9:00PM ET/PT)
It’s Louis’ favorite holiday, and he makes every attempt to scare Jessica into the Halloween spirit, but she is buried in her word processor, drafting her first horror novel. Meanwhile, Emery and Evan debate costume choices, and Eddie and his crew are excited to party with high schoolers at Nicole’s house.
The Real O'Neals - "The Real Halloween" (ABC, 9:30PM ET/PT)
When Halloween arrives, or what Kenny refers to as “the gay Super Bowl,” he plans to go to Boystown to watch the festive costume parade. In an effort to prevent Kenny from attending, Eileen agrees to let him throw his own Halloween party at home. Eileen’s tolerance is ultimately tested when Kenny recruits Stuart and his gay friends to join the big party, and he makes a BIG costume change. Meanwhile, Jimmy and Shannon plan to pull off an epic Halloween prank.
Atlanta - "Junteenth" (FX, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Why my Auntie trying to make me go to one of these bougie Junteenth parties again? I don't like them sadity people and I'm gonna miss my shows. Le sigh.
Family Time - "Head of House" (Bounce TV, 9:00PM ET/PT)
When the Stallworths have an unexpected visitor, they learn of a vicious crime that took place in their home years ago.
Tuesday, October 25
- Will Forte (The Last Man on Earth) - Catch Will on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. He also chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Matt LeBlanc (Man with a Plan/Episodes/Friends) - Matt is a guest on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Cobie Smulders (How I Met Your Mother) - Cobie appears on Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Skylar Astin (Ground Floor) - Skylar is a guest on Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Ron Howard (Happy Days/The Andy Griffith Show) - Ron drops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Mary Lynn Rajskub (How to Be a Gentleman/Veronica's Closet/The Larry Sanders Show) and David Koechner (Another Period/Hank/The Office) - Mary and David are guests on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- John Lithgow (3rd Rock from the Sun/Twenty Good Years) - John appears on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Jamie Lee Curtis (Scream Queens/Anything But Love) - Jamie Lee is a guest on Harry, so check your local listings.
- Erinn Hayes (Kevin Can Wait/Guys with Kids/Worst Week) - Erinn plays a celeb guessing game with Rach, who’s serving up no-fail make-your-own takeout, on Rachael Ray, so check your local listings.
- Mary Steenburgen (The Last Man on Earth/Ink) - Mary joins the Chew Crew on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Ana Gasteyer (People of Earth/Lady Dynamite/Suburgatory) - Ana will be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET. She will also be on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- Cheryl Hines (Son of Zorn/Suburgatory/Curb Your Enthusiasm) - Cheryl is a guest on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Abbi Jacobson (Broad City) - Abbi will be on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am. She will also be on the AOL Build Show 4pm.
- Don Rickles (C.P.O. Sharkey/Daddy Dearest) - Don is a guest on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am.
- Nico Tortorella (Younger) - Nico appears on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.