Tuesday, March 20, 2007
Nick at Nite April 2007 Highlights; Retro Television Network Stations Make Deal With CBS-Paramount Shows
And some people have been wondering if the following week would Growing Pains return to the early evening slot? The answer is NO. It will just air every night at 1:00am. Full House will kick off Nick at Nite each night for an hour. It won't air at 8:30pm anymore starting March 26, as Nickelodeon's Drake & Josh will now air.
As for Nick at Nite April, there will be no schedule changes, as of now, that is. Highlights include the launch of Funniest Mom in America 3. The reality series will be hosted by Roseanne! Series launch is on Tuesday, April 10 with a special hour-long premiere at 9 p.m. ET/PT
Tune in on Tuesdays at 9 p.m. ET/PT through May 8 to catch America's Moms at their finest. Series finale will be on Mother's Day (Sunday, May 13) with another hour long episode.
The six-part reality series, hosted by Roseanne, follows the journey of moms across the country as they compete for the title of Funniest Mom in America. One lucky winner will win $50,000 plus the chance to host a special night of programming on Nick at Nite. The series is being executive produced by Allison Grodner (Big Brother, Blowout). Funniest Mom 3 is presented by KFC.
The series kicks off following the journey of moms who have been selected from auditions and regional competitions at comedy clubs across the country as they vie for the winning title. Twelve moms are chosen, and through an online component, a thirteenth mom will be voted in via the internet at nickatnite.com. All thirteen of these moms will compete in a semi-final showcase, in which six moms will be chosen to move on to the next round of the competition. It is these six who will compete in a number of various comedic challenges, work with special coaches and prepare for performances where week by week, one mom will be eliminated. The three remaining contestants will compete in the show's finale, performing their stand-up before an audience and a panel of celebrity judges to be announced shortly.
Nick at Nite will launch America's Funniest Home Videos the last day of April (April 30). More details on that will come in the May highlights. Stay tuned for that in the coming weeks.
Equity Broadcasting Corporation (EBC) today announced that it has reached an agreement with CBS Television Distribution to provide classic programming from the vast CBS library for EBC's Retro Television Network (RTN). Under the terms of the multi-year licensing agreement, CBS Television Distribution will be RTN's primary programming provider for the next five years and will supply a minimum of 55 hours of programming a week for each RTN affiliate.
RTN is a new television network that provides each affiliate a
customized feed with hit shows, in addition to local programming including news, weather and sports. RTN is specifically designed to go on a broadcast digital channel and provides local broadcasters with a way to get ratings and successfully monetize their digital spectrum. RTN has been testing this concept for the past 18 months and has experienced continued growth and success with its initial affiliates, five of which are in top-50 markets.
EBC plans to launch RTN nationally on July 7, 2007, with a new "Prime Time all the Time" lineup that will feature many of the CBS Television Distribution favorites, including Perry Mason, Hawaii 5-0 and Mission Impossible. RTN is currently available to local affiliates on a barter basis.
RTN is already cleared to broadcast in the following markets: Denver, CO; St. Louis, MO; Salt Lake City, UT; Las Vegas, NV; Buffalo, NY; Little Rock, AR; Lexington, KY; Springfield, MO; Spokane, WA; Syracuse, NY; Cedar Rapids/Waterloo, IA; Burlington, VT; Savannah, GA; Ft. Smith/Fayetteville, AR; Myrtle Beach/Florence, SC; Eugene, OR; Panama City, FL; Alexandria, LA;
and Cheyenne, WY/Scottsbluff, NE.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (May)
05/05 - Cheers - The Complete Series
05/12 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete Fourth Season
05/12 - The Hotwives of Orlando - The Complete First Season
05/12 - Mister Ed - The Final (Sixth) Season (Shout! Factory)
05/19 - American Dad - Volume 10
05/19 - C.P.O. Sharkey - The Complete Season 1
05/19 - The Larry Sanders Show - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
05/19 - Married with Children - Season Nine (Mill Creek)
05/19 - Married with Children - Season Ten (Mill Creek)
05/19 - Married with Children - Seasons Nine and Ten (Mill Creek)
05/19 - Married with Children - Seasons Nine and Ten (Mill Creek)
05/19 - NewsRadio - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
05/19 - Welcome to Sweden - The Complete First Season
05/26 - Hello Ladies - Season 1
05/26 - The Nanny - The Complete Series
05/26 - Welcome Back, Kotter - The Complete Third Season
05/26 - The Wonder Years - Season Three
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Wednesday, May 27
Modern Family - "The Day We Almost Died" (ABC, 9:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
While driving out to get breakfast, the Dunphys including Manny have a near death experience causing everyone to reevaluate their lives. Claire resolves to be more fun and less uptight, Haley and Alex agree not to fight anymore, Manny refuses to ever ride in a car again, Luke wants to check off his bucket list, Phil decides to be a take action type of guy and the rest of the family has to bear the brunt of all the new attitudes.
black-ish - "Pilot" (ABC, 9:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Dre, an advertising exec, is happily anticipating a promotion at work, which would make him the firm’s first African American senior vice president. Rainbow, an anesthesiologist, is looking forward to Dre’s raise. Meanwhile, Andre Jr. makes an announcement — he’s converting to Judaism so he can have a Bar Mitzvah, like all his friends.
Young & Hungry - "Young & Part Two" (ABC Family, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Gabi is bewildered when long-held secrets are revealed; a big opportunity lands in Gabi's lap.
Hot in Cleveland - "Hot in Cleveland: Hot Damn!" (TV Land, 10:00PM ET/PT)
The cast and crew talk about their favorite episodes, bloopers and behind the scenes moments after six seasons of Hot in Cleveland.
The Soul Man - "Roar!" (TV Land, 10:30PM ET/PT)
When Stamps gets sucked into a self-help philosophy called The Roar, Boyce crashes a seminar to see if it’s legit. Lolli tries to get her salon on St. Louis Weekly’s hot list, and Barton refuses to go to the dentist.
Wednesday, May 27
- Jason Alexander (Seinfeld/Listen Up!/Bob Patterson) - Watch Jason on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Kat Dennings and Beth Behrs (2 Broke Girls) - Kat and Beth are guests on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS. Beth will also be on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Edie Falco (Nurse Jackie) - Edie is a guest on a repeat of The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Natasha Leggero (Free Agents) - Natasha appears on a repeat of @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Tom Lennon (The Odd Couple/Sean Saves the World/Reno 911!) - Tom is a guest on a repeat of @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Jon Cryer (Two and a Half Men/The Famous Teddy Z) and Ashton Kutcher (Two and a Half Men/That '70s Show) - Jon and Ashton are guests on a repeat of Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Jerry Ferrara (Entourage) - Jerry visits Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Kevin Connolly (Entourage/Unhappily Ever After) - Kevin talks about his new film Entourage on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am and on LIVE! with Kelly and Michael, so check your listings.
- Wendie Malick (Hot in Cleveland/Just Shoot Me! and Jane Leeves (Hot in Cleveland/Frasier/Throb) - Wendie and Jane are guests on a repeat of The Queen Latifah Show on your local station or at 1am on BET.
- Sherri Shepherd (Less Than Perfect/Sherri) - Sherri appears on a repeat of The Queen Latifah Show on your local station or at 1am on BET.
- Margaret Cho (All-American Girl) - Margaret discusses her new tour on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Cobie Smulders (How I Met Your Mother) - Cobie talks about Results on NBC's Today in the 9am hour.
- Rashida Jones (Parks and Recreation/The Office) - Rashida talks about Hot Girls Wanted on NBC's Today in the 9am hour and on the AOL Build Show.
- Constance Zimmer (Good Morning, Miami) and Shirl Appleby (Sunday Dinner/Knight & Daye) - Constance and Shirl talk about Unreal on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- Raven-Symoné (That's So Raven/Hangin' with Mr. Cooper/The Cosby Show) - Raven-Symoné guest co-hosts The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Kirstie Alley (Kirstie/Veronica's Closet/Cheers) - Kirstie appears on a repeat of Rachael Ray, so check your local listings.
- Scott Foley (The Goodwin Games/Scrubs/A.U.S.A.) - Scott is a guest on People Now.