Tuesday, March 20, 2007
Nick at Nite April 2007 Highlights; Retro Television Network Stations Make Deal With CBS-Paramount Shows
And some people have been wondering if the following week would Growing Pains return to the early evening slot? The answer is NO. It will just air every night at 1:00am. Full House will kick off Nick at Nite each night for an hour. It won't air at 8:30pm anymore starting March 26, as Nickelodeon's Drake & Josh will now air.
As for Nick at Nite April, there will be no schedule changes, as of now, that is. Highlights include the launch of Funniest Mom in America 3. The reality series will be hosted by Roseanne! Series launch is on Tuesday, April 10 with a special hour-long premiere at 9 p.m. ET/PT
Tune in on Tuesdays at 9 p.m. ET/PT through May 8 to catch America's Moms at their finest. Series finale will be on Mother's Day (Sunday, May 13) with another hour long episode.
The six-part reality series, hosted by Roseanne, follows the journey of moms across the country as they compete for the title of Funniest Mom in America. One lucky winner will win $50,000 plus the chance to host a special night of programming on Nick at Nite. The series is being executive produced by Allison Grodner (Big Brother, Blowout). Funniest Mom 3 is presented by KFC.
The series kicks off following the journey of moms who have been selected from auditions and regional competitions at comedy clubs across the country as they vie for the winning title. Twelve moms are chosen, and through an online component, a thirteenth mom will be voted in via the internet at nickatnite.com. All thirteen of these moms will compete in a semi-final showcase, in which six moms will be chosen to move on to the next round of the competition. It is these six who will compete in a number of various comedic challenges, work with special coaches and prepare for performances where week by week, one mom will be eliminated. The three remaining contestants will compete in the show's finale, performing their stand-up before an audience and a panel of celebrity judges to be announced shortly.
Nick at Nite will launch America's Funniest Home Videos the last day of April (April 30). More details on that will come in the May highlights. Stay tuned for that in the coming weeks.
Equity Broadcasting Corporation (EBC) today announced that it has reached an agreement with CBS Television Distribution to provide classic programming from the vast CBS library for EBC's Retro Television Network (RTN). Under the terms of the multi-year licensing agreement, CBS Television Distribution will be RTN's primary programming provider for the next five years and will supply a minimum of 55 hours of programming a week for each RTN affiliate.
RTN is a new television network that provides each affiliate a
customized feed with hit shows, in addition to local programming including news, weather and sports. RTN is specifically designed to go on a broadcast digital channel and provides local broadcasters with a way to get ratings and successfully monetize their digital spectrum. RTN has been testing this concept for the past 18 months and has experienced continued growth and success with its initial affiliates, five of which are in top-50 markets.
EBC plans to launch RTN nationally on July 7, 2007, with a new "Prime Time all the Time" lineup that will feature many of the CBS Television Distribution favorites, including Perry Mason, Hawaii 5-0 and Mission Impossible. RTN is currently available to local affiliates on a barter basis.
RTN is already cleared to broadcast in the following markets: Denver, CO; St. Louis, MO; Salt Lake City, UT; Las Vegas, NV; Buffalo, NY; Little Rock, AR; Lexington, KY; Springfield, MO; Spokane, WA; Syracuse, NY; Cedar Rapids/Waterloo, IA; Burlington, VT; Savannah, GA; Ft. Smith/Fayetteville, AR; Myrtle Beach/Florence, SC; Eugene, OR; Panama City, FL; Alexandria, LA;
and Cheyenne, WY/Scottsbluff, NE.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (February)
02/03 - The Bob Newhart Show - Season Five
02/03 - The Bob Newhart Show - The Final (Sixth) Season
02/03 - Maude - The Complete First Season (Mill Creek) / The Complete Series Available 3/17 (Shout! Factory)
02/03 - The Wonder Years - Season Two
02/10 - Mama's Family - The Complete Sixth Season
02/10 - Nurse Jackie - Season Six (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Thursday, February 26
The Big Bang Theory - "The Intimacy Acceleration" (CBS, 8:00PM ET/PT)
As a joke, Sheldon and Penny try an experiment designed to make participants fall in love. Also, Leonard, Amy, Raj and Emily spend the evening trying to escape a room with a “zombie.” And, after returning from Mrs. Wolowitz’ funeral, Bernadette and Howard run into trouble at the airport.
The Odd Couple - "The Ghostwriter" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT)
When Oscar is hired to ghostwrite the autobiography of a retired baseball player, Felix offers his “help” by advising Murph to go in a different direction, making Oscar’s job more difficult.
The Big Bang Theory - "The Champagne Reflection" (CBS, 9:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Sheldon says a tearful goodbye to “Fun with Flags.” Also, Leonard, Howard and Raj look for something significant in a dead professor’s research, and Bernadette is shocked to learn her co-workers’ true feelings from Penny.
Mom - "Turkey Meatballs and a Getaway Car" (CBS, 9:30PM ET/PT)
Christy discovers she enjoys sex most when there's a risk of getting caught. Meanwhile, Bonnie takes her new role as secretary of the women's meeting a little too seriously.
Thursday, February 26
- J.B. Smoove (The Millers/'Til Death/Curb Your Enthusiasm) - Catch J.B. on a repeat of The Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Kunal Nayyar (The Big Bang Theory) - Kunal guest co-hosts The Late Late Show at 12:37am on CBS.
- Bob Newhart (The Bob Newhart Show/Newhart/Bob) - Bob appears on The Late Late Show at 12:37am on CBS.
- Will Forte (The Last Man on Earth/30 Rock) - Will drops by Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC. He will also be on LIVE! with Kelly and Michael, so check your listings.
- Ellie Kemper (Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt/The Office) - Ellie visits Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- T.J. Miller (Silicon Valley/The Goodwin Games/Carpoolers) - T.J. is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Kate Micucci (The Big Bang Theory/Raising Hope/'Til Death) - Kate is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Mindy Kaling (The Mindy Project/The Office) - Melissa appears on a repeat of Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Mark Duplass (Togetherness/The Mindy Project/The League) - Mark stops by Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Jack McBrayer (30 Rock) - Jack visits Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Jeff Garlin (The Goldbergs/Curb Your Enthusiasm) - Jeff is a guest on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Téa Leoni (The Naked Truth/Flying Blind) - Téa will be on CBS This Morning sometime between 7-9am.
- Teri Polo (I'm with Her/Man Up!) - Teri chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Robbie Amell (1600 Penn/True Jackson, VP/Life with Derek) - Robbie discusses The Flash on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Amanda Peet (Togetherness/Bent) - Amanda will be on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Debi Mazar (Younger/Entourage) - Debi is tentatively scheduled to appear on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.