Tuesday, March 20, 2007
Nick at Nite April 2007 Highlights; Retro Television Network Stations Make Deal With CBS-Paramount Shows
And some people have been wondering if the following week would Growing Pains return to the early evening slot? The answer is NO. It will just air every night at 1:00am. Full House will kick off Nick at Nite each night for an hour. It won't air at 8:30pm anymore starting March 26, as Nickelodeon's Drake & Josh will now air.
As for Nick at Nite April, there will be no schedule changes, as of now, that is. Highlights include the launch of Funniest Mom in America 3. The reality series will be hosted by Roseanne! Series launch is on Tuesday, April 10 with a special hour-long premiere at 9 p.m. ET/PT
Tune in on Tuesdays at 9 p.m. ET/PT through May 8 to catch America's Moms at their finest. Series finale will be on Mother's Day (Sunday, May 13) with another hour long episode.
The six-part reality series, hosted by Roseanne, follows the journey of moms across the country as they compete for the title of Funniest Mom in America. One lucky winner will win $50,000 plus the chance to host a special night of programming on Nick at Nite. The series is being executive produced by Allison Grodner (Big Brother, Blowout). Funniest Mom 3 is presented by KFC.
The series kicks off following the journey of moms who have been selected from auditions and regional competitions at comedy clubs across the country as they vie for the winning title. Twelve moms are chosen, and through an online component, a thirteenth mom will be voted in via the internet at nickatnite.com. All thirteen of these moms will compete in a semi-final showcase, in which six moms will be chosen to move on to the next round of the competition. It is these six who will compete in a number of various comedic challenges, work with special coaches and prepare for performances where week by week, one mom will be eliminated. The three remaining contestants will compete in the show's finale, performing their stand-up before an audience and a panel of celebrity judges to be announced shortly.
Nick at Nite will launch America's Funniest Home Videos the last day of April (April 30). More details on that will come in the May highlights. Stay tuned for that in the coming weeks.
Equity Broadcasting Corporation (EBC) today announced that it has reached an agreement with CBS Television Distribution to provide classic programming from the vast CBS library for EBC's Retro Television Network (RTN). Under the terms of the multi-year licensing agreement, CBS Television Distribution will be RTN's primary programming provider for the next five years and will supply a minimum of 55 hours of programming a week for each RTN affiliate.
RTN is a new television network that provides each affiliate a
customized feed with hit shows, in addition to local programming including news, weather and sports. RTN is specifically designed to go on a broadcast digital channel and provides local broadcasters with a way to get ratings and successfully monetize their digital spectrum. RTN has been testing this concept for the past 18 months and has experienced continued growth and success with its initial affiliates, five of which are in top-50 markets.
EBC plans to launch RTN nationally on July 7, 2007, with a new "Prime Time all the Time" lineup that will feature many of the CBS Television Distribution favorites, including Perry Mason, Hawaii 5-0 and Mission Impossible. RTN is currently available to local affiliates on a barter basis.
RTN is already cleared to broadcast in the following markets: Denver, CO; St. Louis, MO; Salt Lake City, UT; Las Vegas, NV; Buffalo, NY; Little Rock, AR; Lexington, KY; Springfield, MO; Spokane, WA; Syracuse, NY; Cedar Rapids/Waterloo, IA; Burlington, VT; Savannah, GA; Ft. Smith/Fayetteville, AR; Myrtle Beach/Florence, SC; Eugene, OR; Panama City, FL; Alexandria, LA;
and Cheyenne, WY/Scottsbluff, NE.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (October)
10/06 - Bewitched - The Complete Collection
10/06 - Grace Under Fire - The Complete Collection
10/06 - Happyish - Season One
10/06 - I Dream of Jeannie - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
10/06 - Party Down - The Complete Series
10/06 - South Park - The Complete Eighteenth Season (Blu-ray)
10/20 - C.P.O. Sharkey - Mr. Warmth: The Ultimate Don Rickles TV Collection
10/20 - The Facts of Life - Season Seven
10/20- King of the Hill - The Complete 13th Season (Blu-ray)
10/20 - My Favorite Martian - The Complete Series
10/20 - Nurse Jackie - Season Seven ((Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Friday, October 9
Last Man Standing - "Ping-pong" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Vanessa tries to educate Eve on why she should be more on board with having a woman president. Meanwhile, after Ed mentions to Mike that he hasn’t seen his own daughter for years, Mike and Mandy try to figure out what they have in common.
Dr. Ken - "The Seminar" (ABC, 8:30PM ET/PT)
When the office celebrates a promotion for Clark, Ken is oblivious since he lives in his own world...it's the last straw for Clark dealing with Ken's selfish ways. Clark writes a fake complaint comment card about Ken, so he's forced to attend a training seminar for better bedside manners, which leaves Allison at home to have dinner with Ken's parents.
Undataeable - "A Will They Walks Into a Bar" / "A Won't They Walks Into a Bar" (NBC, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Danny (Chris D'Elia) decides to interfere as Justin (Brent Morin) and Candace (Bridgit Mendler) are on the verge of making things official. Burski (Rick Glassman) surprises everyone that when he announces he has a girlfriend. Meanwhile, Leslie (Bianca Kajlich) decides it's time to change up her look.
Girl Meets World - "Girl Meets Rah Rah" (Disney Channel, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Riley really wants to be a cheerleader; when the tryouts begin, she's determined to make the squad.
Tyler Perry's For Better or Worse - "The Results" (OWN, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Angela's mammogram results are in; she stresses out all day.
Tyler Perry's For Better or Worse - "Richard's Break" (OWN, 9:30PM ET/PT)
Keisha brings a man to C-Sports while Richard is working late; Richard loses his head.
Friday, October 9
- Whoopi Goldberg (Whoopi/Bagdad Cafe) - Watch Whoopi on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Ravi Patel (Grandfathered) - Ravi appears on a repeat of Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Judy Greer (Married/Mad Love/Miss Guided) - Judy is a guest on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Ted Danson (Cheers/Becker) - Ted appears on LIVE! with Kelly and Michael, so check your listings.
- Selena Gomez (Wizards of Waverly Place) - Selena is a guest on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Tim Daly (Wings) - Tim discusses the second season of Madam Secretary on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Kristin Chenoweth (Kristin) - Kristin is in the house on Rachael Ray, so check your local listings.
- Alfonso Ribeiro (The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air/Silver Spoons) - Alfonso takes the AOL BUILD stage to discuss his new gig as the host of the hit ABC series America’s Funniest Home Videos on the AOL Build Show. He will also be on HuffPost Live at 3pm.
- Malin Akerman (Sin City Saints/Trophy Wife) - Malin talks about Final Girls on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am.
- Mario Cantone (Sex and the City) - Raven-Symone takes on Mario in a soul food cook-off on The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Maura Tierney (NewsRadio) - Maura is a guest on People Now.
- Fran Drescher (The Nanny/Happily Divorced) - Fran chats on Tavis Smiley on PBS, so check your local listings.
- The Cast of Dr. Ken - Ken Jeong, Tisha Campbell-Martin, Dave Foley and Suzy Nakamura are guests on The Real, so check your local listings.