Welcome to SitcomsOnline Digest! Much of the news this week has involved the success of the Roseanne reboot, with little talk of other news... but nonetheless, we've got a lot of non-Roseanne news for you, including some rumors of reboots at Fox, a renewal of One Day at a Time, and news about new Perfect Strangers DVDs (side note: nobody has thought about rebooting that?). Let's get going!
HIGHLIGHTS FROM SITCOMSONLINE.COM AND AROUND THE WEB
- Can you really call it a reboot if it hasn't even been gone for a full season? Nonetheless, Fox is rumored to be looking to bring back new episodes of Tim Allen's series, Last Man Standing, along with other series (such as That '70s Show and Malcolm in the Middle) that don't even make sense to reboot. (TMZ)
- Speaking of Last Man Standing, reruns of it are being added to the WGN lineup. (SitcomsOnline)
- Even though it is hard to tell how ratings will be once the initial buzz wears off, the reboot of Roseanne did well enough to convince ABC to pick up a second season. (ABC News)
- No need to panic, One Day at a Time has been renewed by Netflix. (Deadline)
- We're just weeks away from knowing what the 2018-2019 broadcast network season will look like, and now is a good time to take another look at where some of your current TV favorites stand from a renewal/cancellation point of view. (Deadline)
- For the past two decades, Dan Schneider (who is also known for his Head of the Class fame) has brought some of the biggest hits to Nickelodeon, and has been referred to as the "Norman Lear of kids television." This week, the network has suddenly parted ways with him, for reasons that aren't clear. (Washington Post)
HOME MEDIA HIGHLIGHTS
- We can't believe it, but it's finally happening: Perfect Strangers is moving forward on DVD, with Perfect Strangers - The Complete Third Season arriving on April 17 from Warner Archive.
WEEKLY PLANNER (MARCH 31 - APRIL 6)
- The Last O.G., which stars Tracy Morgan and Tiffany Haddish, debuts Tuesday night at 10:30 on TBS.
- WKRP in Cincinnati will begin airing every weeknight at 9:30 starting Monday on MeTV.
- Some minor changes come to the Antenna TV lineup on Monday as well, with an extra helping of Alice in primetime.
- What's the weekend without a binge on Decades? Up this weekend: Dr. Quinn, Medicine Woman.