Week 32 numbers (first four nights, Mon-Thu):
Total Viewers: N/A
Adults 18-49: N/A
Analysis: As stated, I don't have final network averages for the first four nights for this week, Week 32...but one can assume Fox is on top in HH/viewers, but CBS and ABC could be right behind. As of Wednesday, it was Fox with a 9.0 and 15.16 million, but CBS and ABC must have closed in with their top Thursday shows. 18-49 is clearly Fox right now, but ABC and CBS are vying for second. So I can't comment more on this because of no averages...I apologize once again. Last week, week 31, CBS edged ABC for number one in HH once again but also this time CBS edged both ABC and Fox in total viewers as well. It was a very close race in HH/viewers between CBS, ABC and Fox. Fox had the lead in 18-49. ABC was second but only 0.5 rating behind. CBS was third in 18-49, while NBC was an uncompetitive fourth in everything.
On Monday, ABC was on top with Dancing with the Stars doing 18.22 million for 98 minutes, up from the week before. The hit sitcom Samantha Who did 9.87 million, also up from the previous week. The Bachelor: London Calling followed with 7.17 million, down just a tad from the previous week. CBS started with sitcoms and leading it off was The Big Bang Theory at 8.07 million, finally up, a new How I Met Your Mother followed and built on that and did 8.84 million...up from previous week, #1 sitcom Two and a Half Men followed with 12.91 million ... down from previous week. Closing the sitcom block was Rules of Engagement at 10.31 million, down from previous week. A new CSI: Miami did 13.88 million...down from previous week and again ir seems below normal, but then again all the scripted shows back seem lower than usual. Fox aired a new Bones to start off the night and it did a nice 9.8 million, up a lot from the previous week and following at 9pm was the return of House on a new night with new episodes doing 14.64 million and a nice 5.8 18-49 rating. NBC was led by yet another special two-hour Deal or No Deal at 10.05 million, down a tad week-to-week and Medium closed the night off with 9.68 million, also down a tad from previous week. The CW had a new episode of Gossip Girl doing 2.53 million, up a bit from the return and a new One Tree Hill at 2.57 million, down from previous week.
On Tuesday, Fox was on top thanks to Idol at 25.09 million at 8pm, up from previous week. At 9pm Fox aired a new Hell's Kitchen and it did solid with 11.94 million...as it went up for the second straight week. ABC was next with two episodes of According to Jim (new and repeat) at 8pm doing 3.92 and 4.07 million...both on par really from previous week. Then at 9pm, Dancing with the Stars: The Results did a solid 17.06 million, down from previous week as Shannon Elizabeth was the next to go. Watch her new Lifetime Movie Network movie tonight at 6pm and 8pm. ABC closed the night at 10pm with the return of Women's Murder Club on a new night and time at 7.53 million, down quite a bit from what Boston Legal does. CBS was next with a new episode of NCIS at 14.76 million, up a bit from previous week, followed by the return of Shark with new episodes doing 10.17 million, but the 2.2 18-49 is not good. A special CSI repeat followed at 10pm with 7.61 million. NBC was bad again from 8-10pm as a new Most Outrageous Moments at 8pm did just 4.09 million, but up a bit from previous week and a repeat of SNL Primetime from 8:30-10 did a bad 3.18 million, worse than previous week but a new Law & Order: SVU at 10pm drew 12.31 million ... up a bit from the previous week. This week NBC will remove the SNL repeats and have a repeat of Outrageous Moments at 8:30 and a repeat of SVU at 9...too many repeats by NBC. The CW aired a new Beauty & The Geek at just 1.68 million, up from previous week and a new Reaper did 2.58 million, up from the return episode...this show could see a second season, while Beauty shouldn't see another season.
On Wednesday, it was Fox on top again. American Idol Results seemed to do lower that usual once again as maybe those sitcoms are the reason, anyway from 9-10pm it did 22.8 million...down from previous week. From 8-9pm Fox aired sitcoms 'Til Death and Back to You doing lower than the previous week at 5.57 and 7.12 million. CBS is now airing Price is right Primetime at 8pm and did 7.16 million and Criminal Minds and CSI: NY were all-new and they did 13.03 and 11.51 million...the latter seemed way below normal. NBC was next with Deal or No Deal starting the night off with 7.94 million for another two-hour episode...down a lot from previous week and the original Law & Order followed 9.65 million, also down a lot from previous week. ABC was next with new episodes of Wife Swap and Supernanny at a below normal 5.91 and 5.5 million...but up a tad from previous week. Closing the night for ABC was Boston Legal on its new night doing 7.39 million, much better than what this slot was doing but BL was down a few million from its Tuesday airings. The CW had an all-new Top Model at 4.19 million, down a tad week-to-week, and new series Farmer Wants a Wife did 2.39 million, up from the Pussycats finale even. MyNetworkTV aired the third episode of Under One Roof starring Flavor Flav and it did 1.19 million this week, down a tad week to week, but consistently in the 1.2-1.3 million range
On Thursday, CBS and ABC shared leadership...we final numbers are not available. For CBS Survivor: Micronesia started the night off with 12.5 million (prelim), down a tad from previous week...a new CSI followed with 17.8 million (prelim), up a bit from previous week and a new Without a Trace closed the night off with 12.9 million (prelim), down a bit from previous week. ABC started the night off with a new Ugly Betty at 7.9 million (prelim), down from previous week and a bit disappointing, a new Grey's Anatomy did 15.1 million 9prelim), lost to CSI in viewers but won in 18-49...6.0 to 4.0...final numbers are not in yet but most of these shows will go up a bit, especially Grey's. Lost was next as the show did 11.01 million (prelim), down from previous week but still a solid 4.8 18-49 rating. Fox was next with Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader? doing 8.3 million (prelim), down just a tad week to week and Don't Forget the Lyrics! followed with 7.3 million (prelim), seems lower than lately. NBC was next, with an all-new My Name is Earl doing 6.8 million (prelim), finally went up...Scrubs did just 5.9 million (prelim) but up a bit from previous week. The Office did 7.7 million (prelim) on par with the previous week. A new 30 Rock did just 5.4 million (prelim), down from previous week even and a new ER did just 7.7 million (prelim), up a tad week to week.. CW aired a new Smallville at 3.6 million (prelim), on par week to week and Supernatural was new too at 2.5 million, up from previous week (prelim). All these Thursday numbers could go up a bit or down a bit, as finals are not in yet. We'll let you know on the boards when the finals come in.
Like usual, no Friday finals yet. CBS won though with new episodes of Ghost Whisperer, Moonlight, and NUMB3RS. NBC was led by a two-hour Dateline. Saturday ratings were not available to us.
Tonight will be all ABC thanks to Desperate Housewives and Extreme Makeover: Home Edition and Brothers & Sisters will do solid wrapping around DH. CBS will be second with 60 Minutes & the season finale if Cold Case at 8pm will do solid, but a two-hour Dexter from 9-11 is faulty. NBC has a new Dateline, which will do OK or average but repeats of USA Network's Monk and Psych will do terrible again from 8-10pm...especially the latter...but this is the last time they will air, as now The Office repeats will take over next week...will that do any better? I doubt it. Fox will have new episodes actually of its animated comedies from 8-10pm, so they will beat NBC easily.
As for the week, I believe it will be either a toss-up in HH & viewers, as CBS, ABC or Fox can win it. CBS is my bet. Fox has 18-49 locked I think, with ABC second. NBC will be 4th in everything as its struggles continue.
This coming week sees the second full week of May sweeps. What to watch this week is how Dancing with the Stars' 100th episode on Tuesday, as that might be big.
Last Sunday Sitcoms (counts for week of April 21-27)
- Everybody Hates Chris (The CW) - All-new episode did 1.3 million, up from the previous week but it really should be doing better than this.
- Aliens in America (The CW) - A new episode did 1.07 million worse than previous week's repeat which was 1.09 million.
- The Game (The CW) - A new episode did 1.58 million, up a bit from the previous week...this show has the most potential of the CW sitcom block, I think.
- Girlfriends (The CW) - A repeat did 1.43 million, slightly up from previous week.
- The Simpsons (Fox) 2 episodes - A new episode did 7.75 million, decent...but the 3.7 18-49 rating was more impressive. Earlier at 7:30 a repeat did an OK 4.61 million.
- King of the Hill (Fox) 2 episodes - A repeat at 7pm did just 3.18 million, but up from previous week. A new episode at its normal time of 8:30 did 6.53 million...a bit lower than normal, I think.
- Family Guy (Fox) - Finally a new episode. 8.42 million tuned in, which was the best of the block but once again the 18-49 rating of a 4.3 was the standout. Season finale already tonight.
- American Dad (Fox) - Just 6.76 million for a new episode...this show has got to be on the chopping block...it bleeds too much from the lead-in.
- The Big Bang Theory (CBS) - 8.07 million tuned in for a new episode...up from previous few weeks!
- How I Met Your Mother (CBS) - 8.84 million...up from previous week again...will it rise again a lot when Britney comes back?
- Two and a Half Men (CBS) - 12.91 million for a new episode ... clearly the #1 sitcom, but down from previous week a bit once again as maybe House affected it.
- Rules of Engagement (CBS) - 10.31 million...down a bit from previous week.
- Samantha Who (ABC) - A new episode did 9.87 million...up from previous week.
- According to Jim (ABC) 2 episodes - 3.92 million for a new episode, down week to week, and 4.07 million for a repeat, up week to week. Preempted this week for the Dancing special.
- 'Til Death (Fox) - 5.57 million for a new episode, down from previous week.
- Back to You (Fox) - 7.12 million for a new episode...down a bit week to week..
- Under One Roof (MyNetworkTV) - 1.19 million for its third episode. Its lowest yet, but still very close...1.21, 1.27 and 1.19 is the count so far.
- My Name is Earl (NBC) - We don't have final numbers for this night, but this did 6.8 million (prelim)...so it finally went up, as it was going down each week so far.
- Scrubs (NBC) - Just 5.9 million (prelim)..but that is up from previous week.
- The Office (NBC) - 7.7 million (prelim)...on par from previous week.
- 30 Rock (NBC) - Just 5.4 million 9prelim)...that's lower than previous week even.
Airing tonight (Sunday) is a mix of new and repeats of sitcoms on The CW from 8-10, and Fox's animated comedies are new from 8-10 (repeats 7-8p).
Summing it up. Two and a Half Men, Rules of Engagement, Samantha Who?, The Big Bang Theory & How I Met Your Mother were impressive for the week. Everything else was OK (The Office, Back to You ) or just plain old terrible (According to Jim, 30 Rock).