Monday, March 20, 2017
NBC has announced the rollout of an ambitious summer schedule that includes the premiere of new dance competition series World of Dance with judges Jennifer Lopez, Derek Hough, NE-YO and host/mentor Jenna Dewan Tatum; the return of the #1 show of summer, America's Got Talent, with new host Tyra Banks; and the network's obstacle course sensation, American Ninja Warrior. Also joining NBC's alternative summer slate is the new series Little Big Shots: Forever Young, from the producers of the hit series Little Big Shots; the recently launched success The Wall, back on a new night; and a second season of Spartan: Ultimate Team Challenge. Making their debuts on the scripted side are drama Midnight, Texas based on the New York Times best-selling book series by Charlaine Harris (author of the novels that inspired "True Blood"), and Marlon, a family sitcom loosely inspired by the real life of star Marlon Wayans. Returning for their third and fourth seasons, respectively, are critical fave sitcom The Carmichael Show and edge-of-your-seat medical drama The Night Shift. Full schedule below:
Monday, May 8
10:00pm WORLD OF DANCE (through 5/22)
Monday, June 12
8:00pm – 10:00pm AMERICAN NINJA WARRIOR (through 9/18)
10:00pm SPARTAN: ULTIMATE TEAM CHALLENGE (through 7/31)
Monday, August 7
10:00pm HOLLYWOOD GAME NIGHT) (through 9/18)
Tuesday, May 30
8:00pm – 10:00pm AMERICA'S GOT TALENT (through 9/19)
10:00pm WORLD OF DANCE (through 7/18)
Tuesday, July 25
10:00pm MIDNIGHT, TEXAS (through 9/19)
Wednesday, May 24
8:00pm LITTLE BIG SHOTS (through 6/14)
Wednesday, May 31
9:00pm THE CARMICHAEL SHOW (through 8/9)
9:30pm THE CARMICHAEL SHOW
Wednesday, June 21
8:00pm LITTLE BIG SHOTS: FOREVER YOUNG (through 8/2)
Wednesday, August 9
8:00pm AMERICA'S GOT TALENT (through 9/20)
Wednesday, August 16
9:00pm MARLON (through 9/13)
9:30pm MARLON (through 9/13)
Thursday, June 22
8:00pm THE WALL (through 8/31, except 8/3)
9:00pm THE NIGHT SHIFT (through 7/27)
Thursday, August 10
10:00pm THE NIGHT SHIFT (through 8/31)
Friday, June 2
8:00pm – 10:00pm AMERICA'S GOT TALENT (Repeat) (through 9/22)
10:00pm DATELINE NBC (through 9/22)
Saturday, May 27
8:00pm LITTLE BIG SHOTS (Repeat) (through 9/23, except 7/1, 8/19 and 9/9)
9:00pm – 11:00pm DATELINE SATURDAY NIGHT MYSTERY (through 9/23, except 7/1, 8/19 and 9/9)
Sunday, June 4
7:00pm DATELINE NBC (through 8/13)
Sunday, June 18
8:00pm THE WALL(Repeat) (through 8/13)
9:00pm – 11:00pm AMERICAN NINJA WARRIOR (Repeat) (through 8/20)
Music icon Method Man and supermodel Hailey Baldwin are ready to pick up the mic as the hosts of TBS's Drop the Mic, the new comedic music series from executive producers James Corden, Ben Winston and Jensen Karp. The pair have been tapped to emcee the celebrity battle rap competition based on the enormously popular segment from the Emmy®-winning series The Late Late Show with James Corden. Drop the Mic, which is also co-executive-produced by Ed Thomas, will launch on Turner's TBS on Tuesday, May 2, at 10 p.m. (ET/PT). The series is produced for TBS by CBS Television Studios and Fulwell 73. Drop the Mic will pit four stars from the worlds of entertainment, music, sports and pop culture against each other in a rap battle royale packed with "I can't believe they just said that" moments. At the end of each head-to-head battle, the studio audience will vote to pick the winner.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (February/March)
02/07 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - Sabrina Down Under
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 1 - School's Cool - Boy Crazy
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 2 - About a Family - Hangin' Out
02/07 - 227 - The Complete First Season (Mill Creek)
02/07 - Vice Principals - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
02/14 - Beavis and Butt-Head - The Complete Collection
02/14 - Grace and Frankie - Season Two
02/28 - Fuller House - The Complete First Season
03/03 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - Now... In Living Color! (Blu-ray)
03/07 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - Mama's Family - Mama's Favorites
03/07 - That '70s Show - The Complete Series - Flashback Edition (Blu-ray)
03/07 - What I Like About You - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - You Me Her - Season One
03/14 - Newhart - The Final (Eighth) Season
03/14 - Unbrekable Kimmy Schmidt - Season Two
03/21 - Master of None - Season One
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Monday, March 27
The Big Bang Theory - "The Brain Bowl Incubation" (CBS, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
After a successful experiment combining their genes, Sheldon will stop at nothing to convince Amy they should procreate. Also, Koothrappali is embarrassed to tell the gang what the new woman he’s dating does for a living.
Kevin Can Wait - "Kevin's Bringing Supper Back" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Kevin’s resolve to spend more quality time with his family is put to the ultimate test when his buddies surprise him with concert tickets to his favorite musician, fellow Long Islander Billy Joel. Multiple Grammy Award-winning pianist, singer and songwriter Billy Joel appears as himself.
Superior Donuts - "Get It, Arthur" (CBS, 9:00PM ET/PT)
When Randy’s mom comes to town, Franco encourages Arthur to go out on his first date in years. Brenda Vaccaro guest stars as Helen, Randy’s mom.
The Great Indoors - "Aaron Wolf" (CBS, 9:30PM ET/PT)
Jack watches the millennials’ journalistic integrity slip away when they fall under the spell of his nemesis, Aaron Wolf (Chris D’Elia), a former magazine staffer turned famous outdoor reality TV host who returns to guest edit the magazine.
Monday, March 27
- Chris Pratt (Parks and Recreation) - Watch Chris on a repeat of Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Richard Dreyfuss (Your Family or Mine) - Richard appears on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Lily Tomlin (Grace and Frankie/Malibu Country) and Jane Fonda (Grace and Frankie) - Lily and Jane are guests on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. They also chat with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Craig Ferguson (The Drew Carey Show) - Craig visits Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC. He will also be on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- Rachel Dratch (Imaginary Mary) - Rachel is a guest on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Pete Holmes (Crashing) - Pete stops by The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Jenna Elfman (Imaginary Mary/1600 Penn/Accidentally on Purpose/Courting Alex/Dharma & Greg) - Jenna appears on Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC. She will also be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 11:30am ET.
- Ron Funches (Powerless/Undateable) - Ron is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Kaitlin Olson (The Mick/It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia) - Kaitlin drops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Wendi McLendon-Covey (The Goldbergs/Rules of Engagement/Reno 911!) - Wendi appears on a repeat of Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Lisa Kudrow (Friends/The Comeback) - Lisa is a guest on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Mark Consuelos (Alpha House/Hope & Faith) - Mark guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Tahj Mowry, Derek Theler and Jean-Luc Bilodeau (Baby Daddy) - Tahj, Derek and Jean-Luc are guests on Harry, so check your local listings.
- Tika Sumpter (The Game) - Tika appears on a repeat of The Real, so check your local listings.
- Vanessa Bell Calloway (Rhythm & Blues) - Vanessa is a guest on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- June Diane Raphael (Grace and Frankie) - June talks about Grace and Frankie on NBC's Today in the 9am hour.
- Melissa McCarthy (Mike & Molly/Samantha Who?) and Ben Falcone (Joey) - Melissa and Ben talk TV Land's Nobodies on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- Brooklyn Decker (Grace and Frankie/Friends with Better Lives) - Brookyln stops by People Now at 8:30am.
- Marcia Gay Harden (Trophy Wife) - Marcia opens up about her favorite part of being in the 50 Shades movies on People Now at 8:30am. \
- Tracee Ellis Ross (black-ish/Girlfriends) - Tracee dishes about her Golden Globe win on a repeat of The Wendy Williams Show at 2am on BET or on your local stations.