Monday, March 06, 2017
Antenna TV Goes Green for Green Acres on St. Patty's Day; Remembering Sitcom Writer and Producer Howard Leeds
Antenna TV is showing its St. Paddy's Day pride by airing 17-hours (fitting for March 17) of "green" with a 34-episode Green Acres marathon. Antenna TV's "St. Patrick's Day Green Acres Marathon" begins on the farm with Oliver & Lisa Douglas at 5am ET on Friday, March 17 and concludes at 10pm ET. Green Acres regularly airs on Antenna TV weekdays 8am ET/5am PT and Sundays 2pm ET/11am PT. Antenna TV's "St. Patrick's Day Green Acres Marathon" will air the following episodes:
5:00 AM Oliver Buys a Farm
5:30 AM Lisa's First Day on the Farm
6:00 AM My Husband the Rooster Renter
6:30 AM The Deputy
7:00 AM Ballad of Molly Turgiss
7:30 AM Never Look a Tractor in the Mouth
8:00 AM Wings Over Hooterville
8:30 AM Ugly Duckling
9:00 AM I Didn’t Raise a Pig to Be a Soldier
9:30 AM The Hooterville Image
10:00 AM Never Take Your wife to a Convention
10:30 AM The Computer Age
11:00 AM The Beverly Hillbillies
11:30 AM Music to Milk By
12:00 PM Getting Even With Haney
12:30 PM Love Comes to Arnold Ziffel
1:00 PM Haney's New Image
1:30 PM Flight to Nowhere
2:00 PM Guess Who's Not Going to the Luau
2:30 PM Agricultural Student
3:00 PM Old Mail Lady
3:30 PM How to Get From Hooterville to Pixly
4:00 PM Everywhere a Chick Chick
4:30 PM Prize in Each and Every Package
5:00 PM Oh' Promise Me
5:30 PM The Road
6:00 PM The Confrontation
6:30 PM The Cow Killer
7:00 PM Ralph's Nuptials
7:30 PM The Case of the Hooterville Refund Fraud
8:00 PM Oliver Goes Broke
8:30 PM Great Mayorality Campaign
9:00 PM Oliver's Double
9:30 PM The Spot Remover
Sitcom writer and producer Howard Leeds, who was one of the creators of The Facts of Life, Silver Spoons and Small Wonder, has died. He died on February 11 at his home in Los Angeles, California after a long-term illness. Mr. Leeds was 97.
Leeds worked as a writer for many sitcoms from the 1950s to 1980s, including Meet Millie, How to Marry a Millionaire, Bachelor Father, The Bob Cummings Show, Ensign O'Toole, Make Room for Daddy, McHale's Navy, My Three Sons, The Bill Dana Show, Bewitched, That Girl, The Doris Day Show, Julia, The Ghost & Mrs. Muir, The Brady Bunch, Barney Miller and Grady. He received an Emmy nomination in 1956 for his work on the comedy/variety series The George Gobel Show.
He created his first sitcom The Queen and I in 1969. The short-lived CBS series starred Larry Storch, Billy DeWolfe, Carl Ballantine, Pat Morita, Barbara Stuart, Dave Morick, Liam Dunn and Dave Willock.
Leeds was a producer and story consultant for the 1964-1965 CBS sitcom My Living Doll. The series was about a lifelike adult android being cared for by a psychiatrist. It starred Bob Cummings, Julie Newmar, Jack Mullaney and Doris Dowling.
In 1979, he wrote "The Girls School" episode of Diff'rent Strokes with Ben Starr, Dick Clair and Jenna McMahon. The episode was for pilot for the spinoff The Facts of Life. Leeds worked as a writer on 33 episodes of Diff'rent Strokes from 1978-1984. He also served as a producer from 1979-1984.
He helped Martin Cohan and Ben Starr create the sitcom Silver Spoons in 1982. The series aired for four seasons on NBC before moving to first-run syndication for the fifth and final season. It starred Ricky Schroder, Joel Higgins, Erin Gray, Franklyn Seales, Jason Bateman (1982-1984), Corky Pigeon (1983-1985), Alfonso Ribeiro (1984-1987) and John Houseman. Leed provided the story for one episode.
Leeds was the creator and producer for the syndicated sitcom Small Wonder. The series aired for four seasons from 1985-1989. It starred Dick Christie, Marla Pennington, Jerry Supiran, Tiffany Brisette, Paul C. Scott and Emily Schulman. Leeds wrote one episode. He was also one of the writers of the theme song lyrics.
Some of his other producing credits included The Bill Dana Show, The Ghost & Mrs. Muir, The Brady Bunch and Grady. He worked as a production executive for Reg Grundy Productions from 1976 to 1978.
Survivors include his wife Joan Hajny-Leeds, son John Hajny, daughter-in-law Kim Hajny and grandchildren Jenna and Erin Hajny.
Mr. Leeds worked on many memorable sitcoms during his career. We thank him for bringing us The Facts of Life, Silver Spoons and Small Wonder. He will be greatly missed.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (February/March)
02/07 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - Sabrina Down Under
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 1 - School's Cool - Boy Crazy
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 2 - About a Family - Hangin' Out
02/07 - 227 - The Complete First Season (Mill Creek)
02/07 - Vice Principals - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
02/14 - Beavis and Butt-Head - The Complete Collection
02/14 - Grace and Frankie - Season Two
02/28 - Fuller House - The Complete First Season
03/03 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - Now... In Living Color! (Blu-ray)
03/07 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - Mama's Family - Mama's Favorites
03/07 - That '70s Show - The Complete Series - Flashback Edition (Blu-ray)
03/07 - What I Like About You - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - You Me Her - Season One
03/14 - Newhart - The Final (Eighth) Season
03/14 - Unbrekable Kimmy Schmidt - Season Two
03/21 - Master of None - Season One
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Monday, March 27
The Big Bang Theory - "The Brain Bowl Incubation" (CBS, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
After a successful experiment combining their genes, Sheldon will stop at nothing to convince Amy they should procreate. Also, Koothrappali is embarrassed to tell the gang what the new woman he’s dating does for a living.
Kevin Can Wait - "Kevin's Bringing Supper Back" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Kevin’s resolve to spend more quality time with his family is put to the ultimate test when his buddies surprise him with concert tickets to his favorite musician, fellow Long Islander Billy Joel. Multiple Grammy Award-winning pianist, singer and songwriter Billy Joel appears as himself.
Superior Donuts - "Get It, Arthur" (CBS, 9:00PM ET/PT)
When Randy’s mom comes to town, Franco encourages Arthur to go out on his first date in years. Brenda Vaccaro guest stars as Helen, Randy’s mom.
The Great Indoors - "Aaron Wolf" (CBS, 9:30PM ET/PT)
Jack watches the millennials’ journalistic integrity slip away when they fall under the spell of his nemesis, Aaron Wolf (Chris D’Elia), a former magazine staffer turned famous outdoor reality TV host who returns to guest edit the magazine.
Monday, March 27
- Chris Pratt (Parks and Recreation) - Watch Chris on a repeat of Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Richard Dreyfuss (Your Family or Mine) - Richard appears on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Lily Tomlin (Grace and Frankie/Malibu Country) and Jane Fonda (Grace and Frankie) - Lily and Jane are guests on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. They also chat with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Craig Ferguson (The Drew Carey Show) - Craig visits Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC. He will also be on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- Rachel Dratch (Imaginary Mary) - Rachel is a guest on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Pete Holmes (Crashing) - Pete stops by The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Jenna Elfman (Imaginary Mary/1600 Penn/Accidentally on Purpose/Courting Alex/Dharma & Greg) - Jenna appears on Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC. She will also be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 11:30am ET.
- Ron Funches (Powerless/Undateable) - Ron is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Kaitlin Olson (The Mick/It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia) - Kaitlin drops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Wendi McLendon-Covey (The Goldbergs/Rules of Engagement/Reno 911!) - Wendi appears on a repeat of Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Lisa Kudrow (Friends/The Comeback) - Lisa is a guest on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Mark Consuelos (Alpha House/Hope & Faith) - Mark guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Tahj Mowry, Derek Theler and Jean-Luc Bilodeau (Baby Daddy) - Tahj, Derek and Jean-Luc are guests on Harry, so check your local listings.
- Tika Sumpter (The Game) - Tika appears on a repeat of The Real, so check your local listings.
- Vanessa Bell Calloway (Rhythm & Blues) - Vanessa is a guest on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- June Diane Raphael (Grace and Frankie) - June talks about Grace and Frankie on NBC's Today in the 9am hour.
- Melissa McCarthy (Mike & Molly/Samantha Who?) and Ben Falcone (Joey) - Melissa and Ben talk TV Land's Nobodies on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- Brooklyn Decker (Grace and Frankie/Friends with Better Lives) - Brookyln stops by People Now at 8:30am.
- Marcia Gay Harden (Trophy Wife) - Marcia opens up about her favorite part of being in the 50 Shades movies on People Now at 8:30am. \
- Tracee Ellis Ross (black-ish/Girlfriends) - Tracee dishes about her Golden Globe win on a repeat of The Wendy Williams Show at 2am on BET or on your local stations.