Wednesday, February 15, 2017
Three's Company 40th Anniversary Weekend on Antenna TV This March; Attention Cloud 9 Shoppers: Superstore Renewed for a 3rd Season
We're just one month away from a legendary sitcom turning 40! On March 15, 1977 America "knocked on the door" and has been laughing with Three's Company ever since. Antenna TV, Tribune Broadcasting's multicast network, reunited the cast of Three's Company to pay tribute to the '70s sitcom which will celebrate 40 years since its debut on television. Joyce DeWitt (Janet), Richard Kline (Larry), Priscilla Barnes (Terri) and Jenilee Harrison (Cindy) came together in Los Angeles at KTLA's studio to record an exclusive interview with Tribune Broadcasting's anchor Tamsen Fadal (of WPIX). The actors shared their behind-the-scenes memories of the show, as well as emotional stories about series star John Ritter.
Excerpts from the cast interview will air during the Antenna TV's "Three's Company 40th Anniversary Rendezvous" marathon the weekend of March 11. The marathon will consist of 40 hours of Three's Company, 72 episodes, plus Johnny Carson episodes featuring Richard Kline (airing Saturday, March 11 at 10pm et & 3am ET) and John Ritter (airing Sunday, March 12 at 10pm & 2am ET). The full cast interview will be available online March 11 on Antenna TV's YouTube channel youtube.com/antennatv and on Facebook at facebook.com/antennatv.
Antenna TV's Three's Company 40th Anniversary Rendezvous marathon will begin at 1pm ET on Saturday, March 11 and run through 6am ET Monday. On Saturday March 11, Antenna TV's Johnny Carson episode (March 18, 1983) will feature Richard Kline (airing Saturday, March 11 at 10pm & 3am ET). On Sunday, March 12, Antenna TV's Johnny Carson episode (March 2, 1984) will feature John Ritter (airing Sunday, March 12 at 10pm & 2am ET) And finally, Three's Company currently airs on Antenna TV at 3am ET and will move into primetime (just in time for the big 4-0), 9pm ET Monday-Friday beginning Monday, March 13! More to come on the Antenna TV spring changes soon!
Renewal on aisle 3 ... NBC's Superstore is coming back for a 22-episode third season in 2017-18. The single-camera comedy joins freshman comedy The Good Place in returning in 2017-18. Superstore centers around Amy (America Ferrera), the store's most stalwart employee as well as the glue holding the place together. Jonah (Ben Feldman), who is often the target of his colleagues ribbing, is joined on the floor with his fellow associates, including sardonic Garrett (Colton Dunn), the ambitious Mateo (Nico Santos) and sweet teenager and new mom Cheyenne (Nichole Bloom). Overseeing the store is Glenn (Mark McKinney), the affable, clueless store manager, and Dina (Lauren Ash), the aggressive assistant manager who enforces Cloud 9 policy with an iron fist.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (March/April)
03/03 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - Now... In Living Color! (Blu-ray)
03/07 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - Mama's Family - Mama's Favorites
03/07 - That '70s Show - The Complete Series - Flashback Edition (Blu-ray)
03/07 - What I Like About You - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - You Me Her - Season One
03/14 - Newhart - The Final (Eighth) Season
03/14 - Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt - Season Two
03/21 - Master of None - Season One
04/04 - Diff'rent Strokes - The Complete Fifth Season
04/11 - Father Knows Best - Season Five
04/11 - Schitt's Creek - The Complete Third Season
04/11 - Silicon Valley - The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
04/11 - Veep - The Complete Fifth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Saturday, April 29
Henry Danger - "Stuck in Two Holes" (Nickelodeon, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Whaaaat?!? Captain Man and Kid Danger are each stuck in a hole?!? Charlotte and Jasper better go help, 'cuz Schwoz is takin' a bean bath!
Nicky, Ricky, Dicky & Dawn - "I Want My Mae B. Back" (Nickelodeon, 8:30PM ET/PT)
After Mae starts to spend more time with her new boyfriend, Dawn begins to get jealous so enlists Nicky, Ricky, and Dicky to help separate them so that she can have her friend back.
Sunday, April 30
- NeNe Leakes (The New Normal) - Catch NeNe on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Chris Pratt (Parks and Recreation) - Watch Chris on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. He will also be on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am and LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- America Ferrera (Superstore) - America drops by Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Ike Barinholtz (The Mindy Project) - Ike appears on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Joel McHale (The Great Indoors/Community) - Joel is a guest on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Jake Johnson (New Girl) - Jake visits The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Hank Azaria (Brockmire/The Simpsons/Free Agents) - Hank stops by Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Al Madrigal (About a Boy/Welcome to the Captain/Gary Unmarried) - Al appears on Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Kevin Nealon (Man with a Plan/Weeds/Hiller and Diller/Champs) - Kevin is a guest on Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Ashton Kutcher (The Ranch/Two and a Half Men/That '70s Show) - Ashton appears on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Allison Janney (Mom/Mr. Sunshine) - Allison teams up with Mario Batali to make a cheesy, decadent Gnocchi Al Telefono and dishes about her new Broadway show on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Charlie Hunnam (Undeclared) - Charlie will be on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am. He will also be on the AOL Build Show at 11:15am.
- Nick Robinson (Melissa & Joey) - Nick talks about his new film Everything, Everything on the AOL Build Show at 1pm.