Thursday, February 09, 2017
The world called, and Angie has answered with the most magnificent, masterful and moving third season of TBS's Angie Tribeca yet. Rashida Jones, Hayes MacArthur, Jere Burns, Deon Cole, Andrée Vermeulen and Jagger will be back when the powerful police drama (ha!) returns Monday, April 10, at 10:30/9:30c, exclusively on TBS, a division of Turner. TBS's first-ever police procedural, Angie Tribeca is the brainchild of Nancy and Steve Carell, who are executive-producing the series along with showrunner Ira Ungerleider. Spectacular guest star list includes Chris Pine, Natalie Portman, Michelle Dockery, Niecy Nash, Jack McBrayer, Rob Riggle, Heather Graham, Ed Helms, Mary McCormack, Ernie Hudson, Michaela Watkins, Constance Zimmer, John Michael Higgins, Rob Huebel, Liam Carroll, Timothy Omundson, Jessica St. Clair, Rachel Dratch, Jean Smart, Andrew Bachelor and many more.
In season three, Angie Tribeca makes television history by going where few shows dare to go: a third season. In pursuit of an animal rights activist turned serial killer, Tribeca (Jones), Geils (MacArthur) and Tanner (Cole) travel outside of their jurisdiction to New Orleans, New York, Miami, outer space and Universal Studios Hollywood. The season begins with the first episode and ends with the climactic last episode, barely stopping for episodes two through nine. If you liked Angie Tribeca's second season, you may or may not like the third season, which tackles issues such as dating again after divorce (Burns' Lieutenant Atkins), gambling addiction (Vermeulen's Dr. Scholls) and adjusting to life after amputation by a faulty hay baler (no one). One thing's for sure: Angie Tribeca's third season is shaping up to be among the top three seasons of the show so far.
NBC has made some date changes due to the Presidential Address to the Joint Session of Congress on Tuesday, Feb. 28. The season finale of This Is Us is now scheduled for Tuesday, March 14 at 9:00 p.m. ET/PT. As a result, the series premiere of comedy Trial & Error is now scheduled for Tuesday, March 14 from 10-11 p.m. with back-to-back episodes. An original episode of Chicago Justice will air on Tuesday, March 7 at 10 p.m., immediately following the penultimate episode of This Is Us. In Trial & Error, in the spirit of true crime documentaries, this outrageous fish-out-of-water comedy features bright-eyed New York lawyer Josh Segal (Nicholas D'Agosto), who heads to a tiny Southern town for his first big case. His mission? To defend an eccentric "rollercizing" poetry professor (John Lithgow) accused of the bizarre murder of his beloved wife. Settling into his makeshift office behind a taxidermy shop and meeting his quirky team of local misfits, Josh suspects that winning his first big case will not be easy, especially when his client is always making himself look guilty. The cast also includes Jayma Mays, Sherri Shepherd, Steven Boyer and Krysta Rodriguez.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (March/April)
03/03 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - Now... In Living Color! (Blu-ray)
03/07 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - Mama's Family - Mama's Favorites
03/07 - That '70s Show - The Complete Series - Flashback Edition (Blu-ray)
03/07 - What I Like About You - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - You Me Her - Season One
03/14 - Newhart - The Final (Eighth) Season
03/14 - Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt - Season Two
03/21 - Master of None - Season One
04/04 - Diff'rent Strokes - The Complete Fifth Season
04/11 - Father Knows Best - Season Five
04/11 - Schitt's Creek - The Complete Third Season
04/11 - Silicon Valley - The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
04/11 - Veep - The Complete Fifth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Saturday, April 29
Henry Danger - "Stuck in Two Holes" (Nickelodeon, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Whaaaat?!? Captain Man and Kid Danger are each stuck in a hole?!? Charlotte and Jasper better go help, 'cuz Schwoz is takin' a bean bath!
Nicky, Ricky, Dicky & Dawn - "I Want My Mae B. Back" (Nickelodeon, 8:30PM ET/PT)
After Mae starts to spend more time with her new boyfriend, Dawn begins to get jealous so enlists Nicky, Ricky, and Dicky to help separate them so that she can have her friend back.
Sunday, April 30
- NeNe Leakes (The New Normal) - Catch NeNe on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Chris Pratt (Parks and Recreation) - Watch Chris on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. He will also be on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am and LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- America Ferrera (Superstore) - America drops by Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Ike Barinholtz (The Mindy Project) - Ike appears on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Joel McHale (The Great Indoors/Community) - Joel is a guest on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Jake Johnson (New Girl) - Jake visits The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Hank Azaria (Brockmire/The Simpsons/Free Agents) - Hank stops by Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Al Madrigal (About a Boy/Welcome to the Captain/Gary Unmarried) - Al appears on Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Kevin Nealon (Man with a Plan/Weeds/Hiller and Diller/Champs) - Kevin is a guest on Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Ashton Kutcher (The Ranch/Two and a Half Men/That '70s Show) - Ashton appears on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Allison Janney (Mom/Mr. Sunshine) - Allison teams up with Mario Batali to make a cheesy, decadent Gnocchi Al Telefono and dishes about her new Broadway show on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Charlie Hunnam (Undeclared) - Charlie will be on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am. He will also be on the AOL Build Show at 11:15am.
- Nick Robinson (Melissa & Joey) - Nick talks about his new film Everything, Everything on the AOL Build Show at 1pm.