Thursday, January 12, 2017
Fox was up at the TCA 2017 Winter Press Tour yesterday and a whole bunch of news came out. First up, Fox is announcing premiere dates for new comedy Making History, new unscripted series Kicking & Screaming and new event series Shots Fired and Prison Break. New comedy Making History premieres Sunday, March 5 at 8:30PM ET/PT, and follows three friends from two different centuries as they try to balance the thrill of time travel with the mundane concerns of their everyday lives. The wildly original series stars Adam Pally, Leighton Meester and Yassir Lester. Also that night, Last Man on Earth makes its spring return at 9:30 PM ET/PT. Comedic competition series Kicking & Screaming teams 10 expert survivalists with pampered partners to face the toughest challenges of their lives. Debuting Thursday, March 9 (9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT), and hosted by Hannah Simone, the series drops these unlikely duos into a tropical jungle in Fiji, where they must overcome dangerous animals, raging rivers, hunger and extreme weather.
Examining the dangerous aftermath of two racially charged shootings in a small Southern town, event series Shots Fired launches Wednesday, March 22 at 8:00PM ET/PT, followed by the spring premiere of Empire at 9:00 PM ET/PT. The compelling series stars Sanaa Lathan, Stephan James, Helen Hunt, Richard Dreyfuss, and Stephen Moyer. In the next action-packed chapter of Prison Break, premiering Tuesday, April 4 at 9:00 PM ET/PT, original series stars Wentworth Miller, Dominic Purcell, Sarah Wayne Callies, Amaury Nolasco, Robert Knepper, Rockmond Dunbar and Paul Adelstein are reunited for an all-new adventure spanning the globe. As previously announced, 24: Legacy begins its two-night premiere event on Sunday, Feb. 5, following Super Bowl LI, and continues Monday, Feb. 6. New police drama APB launches Monday, Feb. 6, following 24: Legacy. Season Five of MasterChef Junior premieres Thursday, Feb. 9. Brooklyn Nine-Nine has its spring premiere Tuesday, April 11. After the season finale of 24: Legacy on Monday, April 17, Gotham returns Monday, April 24. Following APB's season finale on Monday, April 24, Lucifer's spring premiere airs Monday, May 1.
In other Fox news at the press tour, Fox has ordered four additional episodes of new comedy, The Mick, bringing the total to 17 episodes. The next all-new episode of The Mick, starring Kaitlin Olson, will air on a special night and time Sunday, Jan. 15 at 9:00PM ET/PT, following The Simpsons' first-ever one-hour episode. In the all-new episode, "The Balloon," Mickey (Kaitlin Olson) learns that the family has forgotten Ben's (Jack Stanton) seventh birthday, and forces them to put their selfish tendencies aside for one day and throw him the celebration he deserves, which proves way harder than planned. In its regular time period on Tuesday, Jan. 17 (8:30-9:00 PM ET/PT), the all-new "The Fire" episode airs, in which Mickey tries to quit smoking, while Chip (Thomas Barbusca) attempts to be a role model for Ben, who will only listen to his new imaginary friend.
Other Fox tidbits: Grammy-, Golden Globe- and Academy Award-winning actor and musician Jamie Foxx is set to host Beat Shazam, a unique and interactive game show in which teams of two race against the clock and each other as they attempt to identify the biggest hit songs of all time. In the end, the team with the highest score will outlast the competition and go against Shazam, the world's most popular song identification app, for the chance to win a cash prize. Executive-produced by Mark Burnett, the straight-to-series order is scheduled to premiere in Summer 2017 on Fox. Next, Fox has renewed the hit drama Empire for a fourth season. The series returns for its spring premiere Wednesday, March 22 (9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT) as we mentioned earlier. And finally, Emmy Award winner Andy Cohen will host Love Connection, a new one-hour series that amps up the original hit dating show for today's audiences. Fox has ordered 15 episodes of the new unscripted series, to be executive-produced by Mike Fleiss (The Bachelor). Additionally, Cohen will serve as a co-executive producer. The series is set to premiere on Fox in Summer 2017.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (February/March)
02/07 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - Sabrina Down Under
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 1 - School's Cool - Boy Crazy
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 2 - About a Family - Hangin' Out
02/07 - 227 - The Complete First Season (Mill Creek)
02/07 - Vice Principals - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
02/14 - Beavis and Butt-Head - The Complete Collection
02/14 - Grace and Frankie - Season Two
02/28 - Fuller House - The Complete First Season
03/03 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - Now... In Living Color! (Blu-ray)
03/07 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - Mama's Family - Mama's Favorites
03/07 - That '70s Show - The Complete Series - Flashback Edition (Blu-ray)
03/07 - What I Like About You - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - You Me Her - Season One
03/14 - Newhart - The Final (Eighth) Season
03/14 - Unbrekable Kimmy Schmidt - Season Two
03/21 - Master of None - Season One
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Monday, March 27
The Big Bang Theory - "The Brain Bowl Incubation" (CBS, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
After a successful experiment combining their genes, Sheldon will stop at nothing to convince Amy they should procreate. Also, Koothrappali is embarrassed to tell the gang what the new woman he’s dating does for a living.
Kevin Can Wait - "Kevin's Bringing Supper Back" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Kevin’s resolve to spend more quality time with his family is put to the ultimate test when his buddies surprise him with concert tickets to his favorite musician, fellow Long Islander Billy Joel. Multiple Grammy Award-winning pianist, singer and songwriter Billy Joel appears as himself.
Superior Donuts - "Get It, Arthur" (CBS, 9:00PM ET/PT)
When Randy’s mom comes to town, Franco encourages Arthur to go out on his first date in years. Brenda Vaccaro guest stars as Helen, Randy’s mom.
The Great Indoors - "Aaron Wolf" (CBS, 9:30PM ET/PT)
Jack watches the millennials’ journalistic integrity slip away when they fall under the spell of his nemesis, Aaron Wolf (Chris D’Elia), a former magazine staffer turned famous outdoor reality TV host who returns to guest edit the magazine.
Monday, March 27
- Chris Pratt (Parks and Recreation) - Watch Chris on a repeat of Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Richard Dreyfuss (Your Family or Mine) - Richard appears on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Lily Tomlin (Grace and Frankie/Malibu Country) and Jane Fonda (Grace and Frankie) - Lily and Jane are guests on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. They also chat with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Craig Ferguson (The Drew Carey Show) - Craig visits Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC. He will also be on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- Rachel Dratch (Imaginary Mary) - Rachel is a guest on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Pete Holmes (Crashing) - Pete stops by The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Jenna Elfman (Imaginary Mary/1600 Penn/Accidentally on Purpose/Courting Alex/Dharma & Greg) - Jenna appears on Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC. She will also be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 11:30am ET.
- Ron Funches (Powerless/Undateable) - Ron is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Kaitlin Olson (The Mick/It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia) - Kaitlin drops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Wendi McLendon-Covey (The Goldbergs/Rules of Engagement/Reno 911!) - Wendi appears on a repeat of Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Lisa Kudrow (Friends/The Comeback) - Lisa is a guest on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Mark Consuelos (Alpha House/Hope & Faith) - Mark guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Tahj Mowry, Derek Theler and Jean-Luc Bilodeau (Baby Daddy) - Tahj, Derek and Jean-Luc are guests on Harry, so check your local listings.
- Tika Sumpter (The Game) - Tika appears on a repeat of The Real, so check your local listings.
- Vanessa Bell Calloway (Rhythm & Blues) - Vanessa is a guest on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- June Diane Raphael (Grace and Frankie) - June talks about Grace and Frankie on NBC's Today in the 9am hour.
- Melissa McCarthy (Mike & Molly/Samantha Who?) and Ben Falcone (Joey) - Melissa and Ben talk TV Land's Nobodies on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- Brooklyn Decker (Grace and Frankie/Friends with Better Lives) - Brookyln stops by People Now at 8:30am.
- Marcia Gay Harden (Trophy Wife) - Marcia opens up about her favorite part of being in the 50 Shades movies on People Now at 8:30am. \
- Tracee Ellis Ross (black-ish/Girlfriends) - Tracee dishes about her Golden Globe win on a repeat of The Wendy Williams Show at 2am on BET or on your local stations.