Wednesday, January 04, 2017
The Simpsons is going to be one-hour for one night only, as we mentioned. In the first-ever one-hour episode of The Simpsons, featuring Emmy Award nominee Taraji P. Henson (Empire), Snoop Dogg, Common and RZA as guest voices, Mr. Burns (Harry Shearer) tries to relive his glory days, and crosses paths with a mysterious music mogul. After being conned by him and reduced to bankruptcy, Burns seeks revenge on the music producer with the help of Homer, Bart, rapper Jazzy James (guest voice Keegan-Michael Key) and the mogul's ex-wife, Praline (guest voice Taraji P. Henson), along with Snoop Dogg, Common and RZA (guest-voicing as themselves). Also in the episode, Lisa (Yeardley Smith) is courted by the richest kid in town, Smithers (Shearer) begins a perilous journey and Marge (Julie Kavner) opens an obscure boutique store in the all-new "The Great Phatsby," special one-hour episode of The Simpsons airing Sunday, Jan. 15 from 8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT on Fox.
Turner Classic Movies (TCM) will celebrate the life and career of legendary actress Debbie Reynolds, the vivacious actress, singer and dancer who entertained audiences in musicals such as Singin' in the Rain (1952) and Tammy and the Bachelor (1957) with a 24-hour film tribute on Friday, January, 27. Reynolds, who passed away Wednesday, Dec. 28 at the age of 84, became a sensation after starring with legendary hoofers Gene Kelly and Donald O'Connor in the immortal MGM musical Singin' in the Rain (1952) and received her only Oscar® nomination for playing the title role in The Unsinkable Molly Brown (1964). Reynolds recording of "Tammy" spent five weeks at No. 1 in 1957 and was nominated for an Academy Award for best Original Song.
Additionally fans can see Debbie Reynolds in her breakout role Singin' in the Rain on the big screen Jan. 15th and 18th as part of the TCM Big Screen Classics series in partnership with Fathom events. Tickets can be purchased at http://www.FathomEvents.com
The following is the complete schedule for TCM's tribute to Debbie Reynolds:
TCM Remembers Debbie Reynolds – Friday, Jan. 27
6:00 a.m. It Started with a Kiss (1959) - After a whirlwind courtship, an Army officer and his wacky wife try to make their marriage work
7:45 a.m. Bundle of Joy (1956) - A shop girl is mistaken for the mother of a foundling
9:30 a.m. How the West Was Won (1963) - Three generations of pioneers take part in the forging of the American West
12:30 p.m. The Tender Trap (1955) - A swinging bachelor finds love when he meets a girl immune to his line
2:30 p.m Hit the Deck (1955) - Sailors on leave in San Francisco get mixed up in love and show business
4:30 p.m. I Love Melvin (1953) - A photographer's assistant promises to turn a chorus girl into a cover girl
6:00 p.m. Singin' in the Rain (1952) - A silent-screen swashbuckler finds love while trying to adjust to the coming of sound
8:00 p.m. The Unsinkable Molly Brown (1964) – A musical biography of the backwoods girl who struck it rich in Colorado and survived the Titanic
10:30 p.m. The Mating Game (1959) - A tax agent falls for a farm girl whose father he's investigating
12:30 a.m. The Catered Affair (1956) - A working-class mother fights to give her daughter a big wedding whether the girl wants it or not
2:15 a.m. The Singing Nun (1965) - Fanciful biography of the Belgian nun who briefly made the hit parade
4:00 a.m. How Sweet It Is! (1968) - A married couple's working vacation in Paris turns into a battle to stay faithful
(All times Eastern)
New on DVD/Blu-ray (December/January)
12/06 - Family Guy - Season Fourteen
12/13 - American Dad! - Volume 11
12/13 - Newhart - The Complete Seventh Season
01/03 - Girls - The Complete Fifth Season (Blu-ray)
01/10 - Broad City - Season 3
01/17 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #2 (Colorized)
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume One
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume Two
01/24 - Hooperman - Season One
01/24 - Hooperman - Season Two
01/31 - Ballers - The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Monday, January 23
Kevin Can Wait - "Choke Doubt" (CBS, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Kevin brags about saving a man from choking after hearing how much attention his brother Kyle is receiving for saving a cat. Adam Ferrara guest stars as Bill, a man Kevin saves from choking, and “The Insider” correspondent Michael Yo guest stars as Tom, a morning show anchor who interviews Kyle.
Man with a Plan - "The Talk" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT)
When Adam and Andi have the dreaded “talk” with Teddy and Kate, their awkward approach makes the kids horribly uncomfortable.
2 Broke Girls - "And the Emergency Contractor" (CBS, 9:00PM ET/PT)
When Max and Caroline get home from their road trip, Caroline discovers she likes the dessert bar renovations as much as she likes Bobby (Christopher Gorham), the contractor on the job. Also, Max rushes to Randy’s side when she hears he’s in the hospital in New York City, and Sophie joins a mommy group that cares more about partying than baby talk.
The Big Bang Theory - "The Conjugal Conjecture" (CBS, 9:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
After Sheldon’s mother and Leonard's father share an evening together, everyone deals with an awkward morning the next day. Also, Penny’s family arrives for the wedding ceremony, including her anxiety-ridden mother, Susan (Katey Sagal), and her drug dealing brother, Randall (Jack McBrayer). Dean Norris guest stars as Colonel Williams, an Air Force Representative from the Department of Materiel Command. Christine Baranski, Laurie Metcalf, Judd Hirsch and Keith Carradine return.
Monday, January 23
- Allison Janney (Mom/Mr. Sunshine) - Watch Allison on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- William Shatner ($h*! My Dad Says) and Henry Winkler (Happy Days/Arrested Development/Out of Practice) - William and Henry are guests on a repeat of Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Kevin Nealon (Man with a Plan/Weeds/Hiller and Diller/Champs) - Kevin appears on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Jade Catta-Preta (Manhattan Love Story) - Jade is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Wendi McClendon-Covey (The Goldbergs/Rules of Engagement/Reno 911!) - Wendi stops by Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Cristela Alonzo (Cristela) - Cristela chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Tika Sumpter (The Game) - Tika appears on The Real, so check your local listings.
- Justina Machado (One Day at a Time) - Justina will be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Jerry O'Connell (We Are Men/Carpoolers/My Secret Identity) - Jerry and Rebecca Romjin talk about Love Locks on NBC's Today in the 9am hour. Jerry will also be on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT, on Access Hollywood Live (check your local listings) and on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Retta (Parks and Recreation) - Retta talks about Girlfriend's Guide to Divorce on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- Kathryn Hahn (Happyish/Free Agents) - Kathryn will be on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.