Wednesday, January 04, 2017
The Simpsons is going to be one-hour for one night only, as we mentioned. In the first-ever one-hour episode of The Simpsons, featuring Emmy Award nominee Taraji P. Henson (Empire), Snoop Dogg, Common and RZA as guest voices, Mr. Burns (Harry Shearer) tries to relive his glory days, and crosses paths with a mysterious music mogul. After being conned by him and reduced to bankruptcy, Burns seeks revenge on the music producer with the help of Homer, Bart, rapper Jazzy James (guest voice Keegan-Michael Key) and the mogul's ex-wife, Praline (guest voice Taraji P. Henson), along with Snoop Dogg, Common and RZA (guest-voicing as themselves). Also in the episode, Lisa (Yeardley Smith) is courted by the richest kid in town, Smithers (Shearer) begins a perilous journey and Marge (Julie Kavner) opens an obscure boutique store in the all-new "The Great Phatsby," special one-hour episode of The Simpsons airing Sunday, Jan. 15 from 8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT on Fox.
Turner Classic Movies (TCM) will celebrate the life and career of legendary actress Debbie Reynolds, the vivacious actress, singer and dancer who entertained audiences in musicals such as Singin' in the Rain (1952) and Tammy and the Bachelor (1957) with a 24-hour film tribute on Friday, January, 27. Reynolds, who passed away Wednesday, Dec. 28 at the age of 84, became a sensation after starring with legendary hoofers Gene Kelly and Donald O'Connor in the immortal MGM musical Singin' in the Rain (1952) and received her only Oscar® nomination for playing the title role in The Unsinkable Molly Brown (1964). Reynolds recording of "Tammy" spent five weeks at No. 1 in 1957 and was nominated for an Academy Award for best Original Song.
Additionally fans can see Debbie Reynolds in her breakout role Singin' in the Rain on the big screen Jan. 15th and 18th as part of the TCM Big Screen Classics series in partnership with Fathom events. Tickets can be purchased at http://www.FathomEvents.com
The following is the complete schedule for TCM's tribute to Debbie Reynolds:
TCM Remembers Debbie Reynolds – Friday, Jan. 27
6:00 a.m. It Started with a Kiss (1959) - After a whirlwind courtship, an Army officer and his wacky wife try to make their marriage work
7:45 a.m. Bundle of Joy (1956) - A shop girl is mistaken for the mother of a foundling
9:30 a.m. How the West Was Won (1963) - Three generations of pioneers take part in the forging of the American West
12:30 p.m. The Tender Trap (1955) - A swinging bachelor finds love when he meets a girl immune to his line
2:30 p.m Hit the Deck (1955) - Sailors on leave in San Francisco get mixed up in love and show business
4:30 p.m. I Love Melvin (1953) - A photographer's assistant promises to turn a chorus girl into a cover girl
6:00 p.m. Singin' in the Rain (1952) - A silent-screen swashbuckler finds love while trying to adjust to the coming of sound
8:00 p.m. The Unsinkable Molly Brown (1964) – A musical biography of the backwoods girl who struck it rich in Colorado and survived the Titanic
10:30 p.m. The Mating Game (1959) - A tax agent falls for a farm girl whose father he's investigating
12:30 a.m. The Catered Affair (1956) - A working-class mother fights to give her daughter a big wedding whether the girl wants it or not
2:15 a.m. The Singing Nun (1965) - Fanciful biography of the Belgian nun who briefly made the hit parade
4:00 a.m. How Sweet It Is! (1968) - A married couple's working vacation in Paris turns into a battle to stay faithful
(All times Eastern)
New on DVD/Blu-ray (December/January)
12/06 - Family Guy - Season Fourteen
12/13 - American Dad! - Volume 11
12/13 - Newhart - The Complete Seventh Season
01/03 - Girls - The Complete Fifth Season (Blu-ray)
01/10 - Broad City - Season 3
01/17 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #2 (Colorized)
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume One
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume Two
01/24 - Hooperman - Season One
01/24 - Hooperman - Season Two
01/31 - Ballers - The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Tuesday, January 17
The Middle - "Pitch Imperfect" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Axl begins to panic when he realizes that he only has four months of college left before he graduates, and he hasn’t sent out any job resumes – something he should have started when he was a junior. Meanwhile, Brad agrees to lead Sue’s no-cut a cappella group as they enter a music competition, and Brick desperately asks for Frankie and Mike’s advice when girlfriend Cindy tells him that he reads too much, and if he doesn’t stop, she’ll break up with him.
American Housewife - "Surprise" (ABC, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Oliver tells his parents that he’s so embarrassed by their modest house that he’d rather not have a birthday party at all. Katie decides to teach him a lesson by ambushing him with a surprise party at home with all his wealthy friends.
Fresh Off the Boat - "The Best of Orlando" (ABC, 9:00PM ET/PT)
When Louis is named “Small Businessman of the Year,” Jessica is overflowing with pride and invites everyone they know to join them at the awards ceremony. But when Louis forgets to thank Jessica during his acceptance speech, he suffers the repercussions at home. Meanwhile, Eddie, Emery and Grandma start their own clothing line and quickly discover the challenges of running their own small business.
The Real O'Neals - "The Real Acceptance" (ABC, 9:30PM ET/PT)
After Kenny and Brett officially become a couple, Kenny starts to think of plan on how he should break the news to his parents. Meanwhile, Jimmy surprises everyone when he scores a high SAT score, forcing Eileen to hold up her end of a deal that she had previously made and takes Jimmy car shopping.
New Girl - "Cece's Boys" (Fox, 8:00PM ET/PT)
As Jess tries to find a new vice principal, she discovers that she has a real problem when it comes to making decisions. Meanwhile, Cece enlists Jess and Reagan to help her recruit new models, and the guys are in for a surprise when they enjoy a day at the spa.
The Mick - "The Fire" (Fox, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Mickey tries to quit smoking. Meanwhile, Ben meets a new friend.
Teachers - "First Day Back" (TV Land, 10:00PM ET/PT)
As the teachers return from summer break, Ms. Watson tries an ultra premium online dating service and Ms. Snap learns that she’s been given the worst group of kids in school. Mrs. Adler is assigned to a mobile classroom.
Tuesday, January 17
- Katy Mixon (American Housewife/Mike & Molly) - Catch Katy on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Michael Keaton (Working Stiffs/All's Fair) - Michael appears on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Billy Eichner (Difficult People) - Billy is a guest on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Tracee Ellis Ross (black-ish/Girlfriends) - Tracee visits Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Patrick Warburton (Crowded/Rules of Engagement/Less Than Perfect) - Patrick stops by Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC. He will also be on PIX11 Morning News on WPIX in New York.
- Anders Holm (Workaholics) - Anders is a guest on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Rory Scovel (Ground Floor) - Rory appears on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Kathy Griffin (Suddenly Susan) - Kathy is a guest on Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Christian Slater (Breaking In) - Christian guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Louie Anderson (Baskets/Life with Louie/The Louie Show) - Louie drops by LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Neil Patrick Harris (How I Met Your Mother/Stark Raving Mad/Doogie Howser, M.D.) - Neil joins the Chew Crew on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Yvette Nicole Brown (The Odd Couple/Community) - Yvette joins the Chew Crew on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Andrew Dice Clay (Bless This House/Hitz) - Andrew is a guest on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Kym Whitley (Young & Hungry/Animal Practice/Sparks) - Kym visits Cleveland on Steve Harvey, so check your local listings.