Monday, December 05, 2016
COZI TV announced the newest additions to its 2017 entertainment programming lineup, led by the iconic, award-winning police drama Columbo. Starring legendary actor Peter Falk as the famed, cigar-smoking police detective, Columbo kicks off on COZI TV with a marathon on New Year's Day (Sunday, Jan. 1, 2017), starting at 1 PM ET. Named one of the "60 Best Series of All Time" by TV Guide, Columbo will regularly air on Saturdays and Sundays at 8 PM ET (check local listings). The national multicast network further announced the addition of The Rockford Files to COZI TV's 2017 lineup, starting Monday, January 2 at 12 PM ET each weekday. Created by Roy Huggins and Stephen J. Cannell, the television series features James Garner as James Scott Rockford, a private investigator with a colorful past. Running his operation out of a disheveled beachfront home, Rockford focused his energies on cold cases and other mysteries escaping the radar of local law enforcement. The series was recognized with several Daytime Emmy® Awards, including for Outstanding Drama Series.
COZI TV will also be adding the medical drama Emergency! to its 2017 network lineup, starting Monday, January 2 at 1 PM ET each weekday. Viewers are brought on a memorable ride with the first responders of Fire Station 51, in addition to receiving an inside look at the emergency room staff of Rampart General Hospital. The series was based on many of the unique situations and circumstances faced each day by the men and women of the Los Angeles County Fire Department. Actor Antonio Fargas, famous for his role as "Huggy Bear" in Starsky & Hutch, hosts COZI TV'S 2017 Preview Show this Thursday (Dec. 8), at 8:30 PM ET. View a promo for this special. All three series coming this January will be moving over or have aired on The MeTV Network, though MeTV Network will continue with Columbo, but a different set of episodes.
Turner's TBS has greenlit the new animated series Final Space, an interstellar comedy created by independent filmmaker, actor, comedian and entrepreneur Olan Rogers. Slated to launch in 2018, Final Space is being produced by Conan O'Brien's Conaco and New Form, in association with Turner's Studio T. Rogers and creative partner David Sacks will write the episodes, executive-producing them along with O'Brien, David Kissinger, Larry Sullivan and Jeff Ross of Conaco and Kathleen Grace, Melissa Schneider and Matt Hoklotubbe of New Form. Part of TBS's continued push into animation, Final Space is a serialized intergalactic space saga about an astronaut named Gary and his adorable, planet-destroying friend, Mooncake. The series will follow their adventures as they embark on a quest to unlock the mystery of "Final Space," the place where the entire universe ends.
Final Space marks the 10th new comedy series to be added to the TBS slate since the network began an extensive and highly successful brand evolution in January. TBS's unprecedented string of hits launched this year includes Angie Tribeca, The Detour, Wrecked, People of Earth (also from Conaco TV), Search Party and the buzz-generating late-night powerhouse Full Frontal with Samantha Bee. On the animation front, Final Space joins a slate that includes TBS's iconic hit American Dad!, which is currently in its 12th season on Monday nights, and Tarantula, a dark comedy about the residents of a seedy hotel, scheduled to launch in 2017.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (March/April)
03/03 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - Now... In Living Color! (Blu-ray)
03/07 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - Mama's Family - Mama's Favorites
03/07 - That '70s Show - The Complete Series - Flashback Edition (Blu-ray)
03/07 - What I Like About You - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - You Me Her - Season One
03/14 - Newhart - The Final (Eighth) Season
03/14 - Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt - Season Two
03/21 - Master of None - Season One
04/04 - Diff'rent Strokes - The Complete Fifth Season
04/11 - Father Knows Best - Season Five
04/11 - Schitt's Creek - The Complete Third Season
04/11 - Silicon Valley - The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
04/11 - Veep - The Complete Fifth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Friday, April 28
Stuck in the Middle - "Stuck with a Boy Genius" (Disney Channel, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Harley, Rachel, Georgie and Ethan attend their school spring formal dance, while Lewie and Beast camp out at home in the backyard.
Andi Mack - "It's Not About You" (Disney Channel, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Andi's frustration boils over when she discovers that Buffy has secretly been confiding in Bex instead of her; Cyrus double-dates with Jonah Beck, Amber and her friend Iris.
Friday, April 28
- Gabourey Sidibe (The Big C) - Watch Gabourey on a repeat of Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Martin Short (Mulaney/The Martin Short Show) - Martin stops by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Britt Robertson (Girlboss) - Britt is a guest on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Tom Hanks (Bosom Buddies) - Tom appears on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Anna Baryshnikov (Superior Donuts) - Anna is a guest on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Whitney Cummings (Whitney) - Whitney appears on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Alec Baldwin (30 Rock) - Alec is a guest on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- John Leguizamo (The Brothers Garcia) - John guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Laura Dern (Enlightened), Joely Fisher (Ellen/'Til Death), Clea Lewis (Ellen/Flying Blind) and David Anthony Higgins (Ellen/Malcolm in the Middle/Big Time Rush) - The Ellen DeGeneres Show celebrates the 20th Anniversary of the Ellen coming out episode, so check your local listings.
- Alec Baldwin (30 Rock) - Alec talks about Donald Trump, too much alcohol and the thing that saved his life on The Dr. Oz Show, so check your local listings.
- Jenna Elfman (Imaginary Mary/1600 Penn/Courting Alex/Accidentally on Purpose/Dharma & Greg) - Jenna will be on NBC's Today in the 9am hour. She also dishes about Imaginary Mary on The Wendy Williams Show at 2am on BET or on your local stations.
- Kathryn Hahn (Happyish/Transparent/Free Agents) - Kathryn is a guest on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.