Thursday, September 08, 2016
This October, Pop will invite television viewers to "Dare to Pop," a month-long celebration of genre programming with dozens of cult classic movies, mini-series and TV shows leading up to Halloween. Headlining "Dare to Pop" is the exclusive six-part television event Wolf Creek, a psychological thriller inspired by the cult horror film of the same name. On Friday, Oct. 14, Pop will air the original Wolf Creek movie at 8:00 PM, ET/PT, followed by the premiere of the Wolf Creek television series at 10:00 PM, ET/PT. Also joining Pop's October schedule are the first five films from the Saw franchise, as well as The Haunting in Connecticut and The Craft. Fan favorite television series Buffy the Vampire Slayer, The Ghost Whisperer, Medium and three mini-series from Stephen King (The Stand, The Tommyknockers and The Langoliers) will air on Pop all month long. Beginning Monday, Oct. 3, Medium will air Monday-Thursday at 12:00 PM ET/PT, while Buffy the Vampire Slayer airs Monday-Thursday from 1:00-4:00 PM ET/PT. Ghost Whisperer will continue to air in Sunday marathons starting at 1:00 PM ET/PT. No word what will happen to the shows currently on the daytime schedule: Sabrina, the Teenage Witch from 9:30am-11am, Beverly Hills 90210 from 11am-1pm and Baywatch from 1-4pm. Stay tuned.
The STARZ Original series Blunt Talk will include several recurring and guest stars in the second season of the half-hour comedy starring Patrick Stewart. The series will premiere on Sunday, October 2nd at 8:35 pm ET/PT. Set to make guest star appearances throughout season two are Fred Armisen as passionate environmentalist Larry Simon, Jason Schwartzman as the well-intentioned madman Duncan Adler, musician and actor Moby as himself, Fred Melamed as Blunt's therapist Dr. Mendelson, Golden Brooks as Blunt's ex-wife Vivian, Erik Griffin as Blunt's sex addiction sponsee Herschel, and Brett Gelman as porn-producer Ronnie Birmingham. Also appearing this season are Ed Begley, Brent Spiner, Paul Scheer, Trace Lysette, Leslie Ann Warren, Stacey Keach, Rob Huebel, Angela Kinsey, Charles Fleischer, Brian Baumgarner, Stephen Tobolowsky, and Patrick Stewart's son Daniel Stewart.
The guest stars join the cast led by Patrick Stewart in the role of Walter Blunt, Jacki Weaver as Rosalie, Blunt's tough and motherly producer-manager, and Adrian Scarborough as Harry, Blunt's manservant. Dolly Wells as Celia, Blunt's senior producer and head writer, Timm Sharp as Jim, Blunt's head writer, Mary Holland as the ambitious Shelly, Karan Soni as the love-sick Martin, and Romany Malco in his recurring role of Bob Gardner, the president of the network, round out the cast. Set in Los Angeles, the story follows Walter Blunt, a British import intent on conquering the world of American cable news and the fallout from his well-intentioned, but mostly misguided decision-making, both on and off the air.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (February/March)
02/07 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - Sabrina Down Under
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 1 - School's Cool - Boy Crazy
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 2 - About a Family - Hangin' Out
02/07 - 227 - The Complete First Season (Mill Creek)
02/07 - Vice Principals - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
02/14 - Beavis and Butt-Head - The Complete Collection
02/14 - Grace and Frankie - Season Two
02/28 - Fuller House - The Complete First Season
03/03 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - Now... In Living Color! (Blu-ray)
03/07 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - Mama's Family - Mama's Favorites
03/07 - That '70s Show - The Complete Series - Flashback Edition (Blu-ray)
03/07 - What I Like About You - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - You Me Her - Season One
03/14 - Newhart - The Final (Eighth) Season
03/14 - Unbrekable Kimmy Schmidt - Season Two
03/21 - Master of None - Season One
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Friday, March 24
Last Man Standing - "Bad Heir Day" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Mike and Vanessa think it’s time for newlyweds Mandy and Kyle to move out, but when Chuck relays some unexpected news about Kyle’s absentee mom, Mike has second thoughts. Meanwhile, Eve tells Ryan that Boyd is making up stories about his Dad’s real job, because he’s embarrassed about being home-schooled.
Dr. Ken - "Clark's Big Surprise" (ABC, 8:30PM ET/PT)
When Ken accidentally finds out that Clark and Connor are planning their surprise wedding, he has to find a way to get everyone to come. But Damona finds out and to get Allison there, she tells her that Ken is going to surprise her by renewing their wedding vows. Guest performances from the Grammy Award-winning band, Train, featuring lead singer Pat Monahan and guitarist Jerry Becker.
Friday, March 24
- Sofia Black-D'Elia (The Mick) - Watch Sofia on a repeat of Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Tracy Morgan (30 Rock/The Tracy Morgan Show) - Tracy is on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Malin Akerman (Trophy Wife/Sin City Saints) - Malin appears on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Zach Galifianakis (Baskets) - Zach is a guest on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Laura Dern (Enlightened) - Laura appears on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Jermaine Fowler (Superior Donuts) - Jermaine is a guest on a repeat of Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Michael Keaton (Working Stiffs/All's Fair) - Michael visits LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Melissa McCarthy (Mike & Molly/Samantha Who?) and Ben Falcone (Joey) - Melissa and Ben are guests on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Alfonso Ribeiro (The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air/In the House/Silver Spoons) - Alfonso stops by Harry, so check your local listings.
- Martha Plimpton (The Real O'Neals/Raising Hope) - Martha appears on Harry, so check your local listings.
- Anthony Anderson (black-ish/Guys with Kids/All About the Andersons) - Anthony chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT. He will also be on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am.
- Carl Reiner (The Dick Van Dyke Show) and Rob Reiner (All in the Family) - Carl and Rob are guests on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Kristen Bell (The Good Place) - Kristen is a guest on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am. She also joins the Chew Crew on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Jane Fonda (Grace and Frankie) and Lily Tomlin (Grace and Frankie/Malibu Country) - Jane and Lily talk about Grace and Frankie on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am.
- Brooklyn Decker (Grace and Frankie/Friends with Better Lives) - Brooklyn talks about Malibu Country on NBC's Today in the 9am hour.
- Rhea Perlman (Cheers/Kirstie) - Rhea talks about Me and My Grandma on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Emma Roberts (Scream Queens/Unfabulous) - Emma talks about The Blackcoat's Daughter on People Now at 8:30am.
- Josh Henderson (One on One) - Josh is a guest on Steve Harvey, so check your local listings.