Thursday, September 08, 2016
This October, Pop will invite television viewers to "Dare to Pop," a month-long celebration of genre programming with dozens of cult classic movies, mini-series and TV shows leading up to Halloween. Headlining "Dare to Pop" is the exclusive six-part television event Wolf Creek, a psychological thriller inspired by the cult horror film of the same name. On Friday, Oct. 14, Pop will air the original Wolf Creek movie at 8:00 PM, ET/PT, followed by the premiere of the Wolf Creek television series at 10:00 PM, ET/PT. Also joining Pop's October schedule are the first five films from the Saw franchise, as well as The Haunting in Connecticut and The Craft. Fan favorite television series Buffy the Vampire Slayer, The Ghost Whisperer, Medium and three mini-series from Stephen King (The Stand, The Tommyknockers and The Langoliers) will air on Pop all month long. Beginning Monday, Oct. 3, Medium will air Monday-Thursday at 12:00 PM ET/PT, while Buffy the Vampire Slayer airs Monday-Thursday from 1:00-4:00 PM ET/PT. Ghost Whisperer will continue to air in Sunday marathons starting at 1:00 PM ET/PT. No word what will happen to the shows currently on the daytime schedule: Sabrina, the Teenage Witch from 9:30am-11am, Beverly Hills 90210 from 11am-1pm and Baywatch from 1-4pm. Stay tuned.
The STARZ Original series Blunt Talk will include several recurring and guest stars in the second season of the half-hour comedy starring Patrick Stewart. The series will premiere on Sunday, October 2nd at 8:35 pm ET/PT. Set to make guest star appearances throughout season two are Fred Armisen as passionate environmentalist Larry Simon, Jason Schwartzman as the well-intentioned madman Duncan Adler, musician and actor Moby as himself, Fred Melamed as Blunt's therapist Dr. Mendelson, Golden Brooks as Blunt's ex-wife Vivian, Erik Griffin as Blunt's sex addiction sponsee Herschel, and Brett Gelman as porn-producer Ronnie Birmingham. Also appearing this season are Ed Begley, Brent Spiner, Paul Scheer, Trace Lysette, Leslie Ann Warren, Stacey Keach, Rob Huebel, Angela Kinsey, Charles Fleischer, Brian Baumgarner, Stephen Tobolowsky, and Patrick Stewart's son Daniel Stewart.
The guest stars join the cast led by Patrick Stewart in the role of Walter Blunt, Jacki Weaver as Rosalie, Blunt's tough and motherly producer-manager, and Adrian Scarborough as Harry, Blunt's manservant. Dolly Wells as Celia, Blunt's senior producer and head writer, Timm Sharp as Jim, Blunt's head writer, Mary Holland as the ambitious Shelly, Karan Soni as the love-sick Martin, and Romany Malco in his recurring role of Bob Gardner, the president of the network, round out the cast. Set in Los Angeles, the story follows Walter Blunt, a British import intent on conquering the world of American cable news and the fallout from his well-intentioned, but mostly misguided decision-making, both on and off the air.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (September)
09/06 - Coach - Season One (Mill Creek) / Season Two / Seasons One and Two
09/06 - South Park - The Complete Ninteenth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Ninth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - Newhart - The Complete Sixth Season
09/20 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Fifth Season
09/20 - Family Matters - The Complete Eighth Season
09/20 - Modern Family - The Complete Season 7
09/20 - Veep - Season 5
09/27 - The Wonder Years - Season Six
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Wednesday, October 26
The Goldbergs - "Stefan King" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Adam’s love of Stephen King inspires him to try his hand at horror writing. After learning the monster in Adam’s story is based off Beverly, she forces Adam to stay in on Halloween and rewrite it, hoping he depicts her as a better mother. Meanwhile, Erica is desperate to find a date to the costume dance and forces Barry go with her.
Speechless - "H-A-L-- HALLOWEEN" (ABC, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Jimmy is upset the kids no longer want to participate in the family tradition of dressing up for Halloween. Maya tries to cheer up Jimmy by allowing him to do things he loves by taking things off the family “Dead to Me” list. Meanwhile, Ray recruits Dylan to help work the school’s haunted mansion while Kenneth is scared of losing his job when JJ gets drunk at a party. Even though Maya is furious, she is thrilled to see JJ having a “normal” life.
Modern Family - "Halloween 4: The Revenge of Rod Skyhook" (ABC, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Luke’s Halloween party isn’t the monster bash he dreamed of and is at risk of having the worst party of the year. Sensing trouble, the rest of the Dunphy’s realize all his party needs is a visit from Rod Skyhook, a little promotion and some adult supervision to get it started. Meanwhile at the Tucker-Pritchett home, Cam faces off with his Halloween nemesis while Lily and Mitchell try to save the day and work to keep him from going to the darkside. Finally, when Jay finds out that Manny is going to a party at the home of an old enemy, he enlists him to deliver a trick he will never forget.
black-ish - "The Purge" (ABC, 9:30PM ET/PT)
After Junior embarrasses Dre during a basketball game, Dre decides to remind Junior of his master pranking skills so he’ll never challenge him again. Meanwhile, the neighborhood participates in a “mischief night” during Halloween where petty crimes become legal, and Ruby takes it too far with the kids.
Younger - "P Is for Pancake" (TV Land, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Kelsey dates a seemingly perfect guy, but Liza and Lauren think it’s too soon. At a party of doctors, Josh puts his relationship with Liza under the microscope.
Impastor - "Sins of the Past-or Part 2" (TV Land, 10:30PM ET/PT)
Dora’s and Alexa’s lives are both in jeopardy and Buddy must choose which one to save. Russell and Dora have a falling out. Schmidt is robbed.
You're the Worst - "The Seventh Layer" (FXX, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Vernon and Paul take a road trip.
Wednesday, October 26
- Joel McHale (The Great Indoors/Community) - Watch Joel on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Abbi Jacobson (Broad City) - Abbi visits The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. She will also be on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Colin Hanks (Life in Pieces) - Colin appears on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Colton Dunn (Superstore), Lauren Ash (Superstore/Super Fun Night and Nico Santos (Superstore) - Colton, Lauren and Nico are guests on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Elijah Wood (Wilfred) - Elijah stops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Will Forte (The Last Man on Earth) - Will is a guest on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Donald Glover (Atlanta/Community) - Donald appears on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Ken Jeong (Dr. Ken/Community) - See what happens when Dr. Oz visits the set of Dr. Ken on The Dr. Oz Show, so check your local listings.
- John Lithgow (3rd Rock from the Sun/Twenty Good Years) - John talks about The Crown on CBS This Morning sometime between 7-9am.
- Boris Kodjoe (The Last Man on Earth/Second Time Around) - Boris joins the Chew Crew on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Issa Rae (Insecure) - Issa is a guest on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am.
- Colin Hanks (Life in Pieces) - Colin talks about Life in Pieces on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- Mayim Bialik (The Big Bang Theory/Blossom) - Mayim is a guest on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Marisa Tomei (A Different World) - Marisa appears on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Terry Crews (Brooklyn Nine-Nine/Are We There Yet?/Everybody Hates Chris) - Terry is a guest on Steve Harvey, so check your local listings.
- Betsy Brandt (Life in Pieces/The Michael J. Fox Show) - Betsy talks about Life in PieceS on the AOL Build Show at 12pm.