Thursday, September 08, 2016
This October, Pop will invite television viewers to "Dare to Pop," a month-long celebration of genre programming with dozens of cult classic movies, mini-series and TV shows leading up to Halloween. Headlining "Dare to Pop" is the exclusive six-part television event Wolf Creek, a psychological thriller inspired by the cult horror film of the same name. On Friday, Oct. 14, Pop will air the original Wolf Creek movie at 8:00 PM, ET/PT, followed by the premiere of the Wolf Creek television series at 10:00 PM, ET/PT. Also joining Pop's October schedule are the first five films from the Saw franchise, as well as The Haunting in Connecticut and The Craft. Fan favorite television series Buffy the Vampire Slayer, The Ghost Whisperer, Medium and three mini-series from Stephen King (The Stand, The Tommyknockers and The Langoliers) will air on Pop all month long. Beginning Monday, Oct. 3, Medium will air Monday-Thursday at 12:00 PM ET/PT, while Buffy the Vampire Slayer airs Monday-Thursday from 1:00-4:00 PM ET/PT. Ghost Whisperer will continue to air in Sunday marathons starting at 1:00 PM ET/PT. No word what will happen to the shows currently on the daytime schedule: Sabrina, the Teenage Witch from 9:30am-11am, Beverly Hills 90210 from 11am-1pm and Baywatch from 1-4pm. Stay tuned.
The STARZ Original series Blunt Talk will include several recurring and guest stars in the second season of the half-hour comedy starring Patrick Stewart. The series will premiere on Sunday, October 2nd at 8:35 pm ET/PT. Set to make guest star appearances throughout season two are Fred Armisen as passionate environmentalist Larry Simon, Jason Schwartzman as the well-intentioned madman Duncan Adler, musician and actor Moby as himself, Fred Melamed as Blunt's therapist Dr. Mendelson, Golden Brooks as Blunt's ex-wife Vivian, Erik Griffin as Blunt's sex addiction sponsee Herschel, and Brett Gelman as porn-producer Ronnie Birmingham. Also appearing this season are Ed Begley, Brent Spiner, Paul Scheer, Trace Lysette, Leslie Ann Warren, Stacey Keach, Rob Huebel, Angela Kinsey, Charles Fleischer, Brian Baumgarner, Stephen Tobolowsky, and Patrick Stewart's son Daniel Stewart.
The guest stars join the cast led by Patrick Stewart in the role of Walter Blunt, Jacki Weaver as Rosalie, Blunt's tough and motherly producer-manager, and Adrian Scarborough as Harry, Blunt's manservant. Dolly Wells as Celia, Blunt's senior producer and head writer, Timm Sharp as Jim, Blunt's head writer, Mary Holland as the ambitious Shelly, Karan Soni as the love-sick Martin, and Romany Malco in his recurring role of Bob Gardner, the president of the network, round out the cast. Set in Los Angeles, the story follows Walter Blunt, a British import intent on conquering the world of American cable news and the fallout from his well-intentioned, but mostly misguided decision-making, both on and off the air.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (September)
09/06 - Coach - Season One (Mill Creek) / Season Two / Seasons One and Two
09/06 - South Park - The Complete Ninteenth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Ninth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - Newhart - The Complete Sixth Season
09/20 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Fifth Season
09/20 - Family Matters - The Complete Eighth Season
09/20 - Modern Family - The Complete Season 7
09/20 - Veep - Season 5
09/27 - The Wonder Years - Season Six
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Saturday, October 1
The Good Place - "Pilot" (NBC, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Thanks to some kind of error, Eleanor Shellstrop (Kristen Bell), an ordinary woman, enters the afterlife and is sent to the Good Place -- which is definitely not where she belongs. While hiding in plain sight from Michael (Ted Danson), the wise architect of the Good Place who is unaware that he's made a mistake, she's determined to shed her old way of living and discover the awesome person within. Helping Eleanor navigate her new surroundings are Chidi (William Jackson Harper), her kind, open-hearted "soulmate" who sees the good in people but finds himself facing quite a dilemma; her frustratingly perfect new neighbors, Tahani (Jameela Jamil) and Jianyu (Manny Jacinto); and Janet (D'Arcy Carden), a walking, talking source for all the knowledge in the universe.
The Good Place - "Flying" (NBC, 8:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Eleanor (Kristen Bell) tries to prove to Chidi (William Jackson Harper) that she is worthy of his help. Meanwhile, Tahani (Jameela Jamil) and Jianyu (Manny Jacinto) try to help Michael (Ted Danson) feel better about the unknown flaw in his Neighborhood.
The Good Place - "Tahani Al Jamil" (NBC, 9:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Chidi (William Jackson Harper) begins formally teaching Eleanor (Kristen Bell) about ethics, and lesson No. 1 is: be kind to your neighbor. Michael (Ted Danson) and Janet (D'Arcy Carden) help Chidi find a new, exciting hobby.
The Good Place - "Jason Mendoza" (NBC, 9:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Eleanor (Kristen Bell) faces her toughest test yet in her attempt to remain in hiding. Meanwhile, Michael (Ted Danson) enlists Tahani (Jameela Jamil) to help a fellow neighbor fulfill her true purpose.
Henry Danger - "Scream Machine" (Nickelodeon, 8:00PM ET/PT)
When Charlotte's invention for The Gizmo Show is accidentally destroyed and then rebuilt, Charlotte worries that the attention she gets could expose Kid Danger and Captain Man's secret identity.
Game Shakers - "The Very Old Finger" (Nickelodeon, 8:30PM ET/PT)
The Game Shakers visit a mummy exhibit to get ideas for a new game they're working on. Hudson accidentally snaps off one of its fingers. Babe leads a quest to glue it back on without getting caught.
School of Rock - "With or Without You" (Nickelodeon, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Lawrence tries to prove his value to the group by taking over the production of their first recording, but his methods create a rift in the band. Guest Star: Brec Bassinger
Sunday, October 2
- Mindy Kaling (The Mindy Project/The Office) - Catch Mindy on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Mindy Kaling (The Mindy Project/The Office) - Watch Mindy on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. She will also be on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am. She chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Jamie Lee Curtis (Scream Queens/Anything But Love) - Jamie Lee visits The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Kumail Nanjiani (Silicon Valley) - Kumail appears on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Steve Agee (The Sarah Silverman Program) and Brendon Small (Home Movies) - Steve and Brendon are guests on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Kevin Nealon (Weeds/Champs/Hiller and Diller) - Kevin stops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Jerry O'Connell (We Are Men/Carpoolers/My Secret Identity) - Jerry guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Kenan Thompson (Kenan & Kel) - Kenan drops by LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Chris Gethard (Broad City) - Chris chats about the play Career Suicide on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Anthony Anderson (black-ish/Guys with Kids/All About the Andersons) - Anthony joins the Chew Crew on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Abigail Spencer (Burning Love) - Abigail talks about Timeless on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am and in the 10am hour. She will also be on the AOL Build Show at 2pm. She is a guest on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Nicole Byer (Loosely, Exactly Nicole) - Nicole is a guest on Steve Harvey, so check your local listings.
- Rob Riggle (Golan the Insatiable) - Rob talks about Middle School: The Worst Years of My Life on the AOL Build Show at 3pm.
- Alfonso Ribeiro (The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air/In the House/Silver Spoons) - Alfonso talks how many America's Funniest Home Videos get submitted and the funny home videos he wants to submit with his family on People Now at 8:30am.
- Jennifer Esposito (Samantha Who?/Spin City) - Jennifer is a guest on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Sara Rue (Impastor/Less Than Perfect) - Sara appears on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Jay Ellis (Insecure/The Game) - Jay is a guest on The Real, so check your local listings.