Thursday, September 08, 2016
This October, Pop will invite television viewers to "Dare to Pop," a month-long celebration of genre programming with dozens of cult classic movies, mini-series and TV shows leading up to Halloween. Headlining "Dare to Pop" is the exclusive six-part television event Wolf Creek, a psychological thriller inspired by the cult horror film of the same name. On Friday, Oct. 14, Pop will air the original Wolf Creek movie at 8:00 PM, ET/PT, followed by the premiere of the Wolf Creek television series at 10:00 PM, ET/PT. Also joining Pop's October schedule are the first five films from the Saw franchise, as well as The Haunting in Connecticut and The Craft. Fan favorite television series Buffy the Vampire Slayer, The Ghost Whisperer, Medium and three mini-series from Stephen King (The Stand, The Tommyknockers and The Langoliers) will air on Pop all month long. Beginning Monday, Oct. 3, Medium will air Monday-Thursday at 12:00 PM ET/PT, while Buffy the Vampire Slayer airs Monday-Thursday from 1:00-4:00 PM ET/PT. Ghost Whisperer will continue to air in Sunday marathons starting at 1:00 PM ET/PT. No word what will happen to the shows currently on the daytime schedule: Sabrina, the Teenage Witch from 9:30am-11am, Beverly Hills 90210 from 11am-1pm and Baywatch from 1-4pm. Stay tuned.
The STARZ Original series Blunt Talk will include several recurring and guest stars in the second season of the half-hour comedy starring Patrick Stewart. The series will premiere on Sunday, October 2nd at 8:35 pm ET/PT. Set to make guest star appearances throughout season two are Fred Armisen as passionate environmentalist Larry Simon, Jason Schwartzman as the well-intentioned madman Duncan Adler, musician and actor Moby as himself, Fred Melamed as Blunt's therapist Dr. Mendelson, Golden Brooks as Blunt's ex-wife Vivian, Erik Griffin as Blunt's sex addiction sponsee Herschel, and Brett Gelman as porn-producer Ronnie Birmingham. Also appearing this season are Ed Begley, Brent Spiner, Paul Scheer, Trace Lysette, Leslie Ann Warren, Stacey Keach, Rob Huebel, Angela Kinsey, Charles Fleischer, Brian Baumgarner, Stephen Tobolowsky, and Patrick Stewart's son Daniel Stewart.
The guest stars join the cast led by Patrick Stewart in the role of Walter Blunt, Jacki Weaver as Rosalie, Blunt's tough and motherly producer-manager, and Adrian Scarborough as Harry, Blunt's manservant. Dolly Wells as Celia, Blunt's senior producer and head writer, Timm Sharp as Jim, Blunt's head writer, Mary Holland as the ambitious Shelly, Karan Soni as the love-sick Martin, and Romany Malco in his recurring role of Bob Gardner, the president of the network, round out the cast. Set in Los Angeles, the story follows Walter Blunt, a British import intent on conquering the world of American cable news and the fallout from his well-intentioned, but mostly misguided decision-making, both on and off the air.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (December/January)
12/06 - Family Guy - Season Fourteen
12/13 - American Dad! - Volume 11
12/13 - Newhart - The Complete Seventh Season
01/03 - Girls - The Complete Fifth Season (Blu-ray)
01/10 - Broad City - Season 3
01/17 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #2 (Colorized)
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume One
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume Two
01/24 - Hooperman - Season One
01/24 - Hooperman - Season Two
01/31 - Ballers - The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Saturday, January 21
The Thundermans - "Better Off Wed" (Nickelodeon, 8:00PM ET/PT)
The kids learn that Dr. Colosso ruined their parents' wedding years earlier, and want to recreate Hank & Barb's dream day as their anniversary gift. However, Dr. Colosso remains a threat, and they must keep their plans a secret.
Nicky, Ricky, Dicky & Dawn - "Keeping Up with the Quadashians" (Nickelodeon, 8:30PM ET/PT)
After binge watching their favorite reality TV show, the Quads decide their lives are every bit as "reality TV" worthy, and decide to make a show of their own. Guest Stars: Maddie Ziegler, Mackenzie Ziegler
School of Rock - "Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood" (Nickelodeon, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Tomika and Zack work on a love song together, leading to a moment that will change their friendship forever. Summer and Lawrence hang out together for the first time, and Freddy helps Mr. Finn with a problem.
Saturday, January 21
- Phylicia Rashad (The Cosby Show/Cosby) - Phylicia will be featured on Oprah: Where Are They Now? at 10pm ET/PT on OWN.
- NeNe Leakes (The New Normal) - Catch NeNe on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Allison Janney (Mom/Mr. Sunshine) - Watch Allison on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- William Shatner ($h*! My Dad Says) and Henry Winkler (Happy Days/Arrested Development/Out of Practice) - William and Henry are guests on a repeat of Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Kevin Nealon (Man with a Plan/Weeds/Hiller and Diller/Champs) - Kevin appears on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Jade Catta-Preta (Manhattan Love Story) - Jade is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Wendi McClendon-Covey (The Goldbergs/Rules of Engagement/Reno 911!) - Wendi stops by Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Cristela Alonzo (Cristela) - Cristela chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Tika Sumpter (The Game) - Tika appears on The Real, so check your local listings.
- Justina Machado (One Day at a Time) - Justina will be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Jerry O'Connell (We Are Men/Carpoolers/My Secret Identity) - Jerry and Rebecca Romjin talk about Love Locks on NBC's Today in the 9am hour. Jerry will also be on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT and on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Retta (Parks and Recreation) - Retta talks about Girlfriend's Guide to Divorce on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.