Tuesday, September 06, 2016
Beginning this Friday (Sept. 9) in late night, INSP will be adding short-lived 1995-97 sitcom The Jeff Foxworthy Show starring comedian Jeff Foxworthy. The sitcom will air late nights on Fridays (early Saturday mornings) from 1-3am ET. INSP doesn't air any other sitcoms right now, as it is mostly classic TV dramas and westerns such as Bonanza, The Virginian, Daniel Boone, Little House on the Prairie, The Waltons, Matlock, Walker Texas Ranger and Dr. Quinn. A delightful blend of easygoing charm and gentle humor, Jeff Foxworthy treats television viewers to a welcome dose of Southern comfort. The award-winning stand-up comic and best-selling author stars as Jeff Foxworthy -- a fictitious offshoot of his own down-home persona -- who's a Southern native transplanted to Bloomington, Indiana. Anita Barone stars as Jeff's wife, Karen, a part-time Intensive Care Unit nurse and mother of the couple’s gifted seven-year-old son, Matt, played by a very young Haley Joel Osment.
Changes occurred in the sitcom's second season, with Jeff's relocation to Georgia and his new job has him working at the loading docks with some macho, no-nonsense boys from the south, including the dim-witted Florus (Neil Giuntoli) and his wise-cracking buddy, Bill (Bill Engvall), providing the perfect fodder for Foxworthy's insightful musings. Ann Cusack came on as Jeff's wife, Karen, a highly-skilled intensive care nurse whose ability to earn more money than her husband is a constant threat to his fragile ego. Fastidious and more liberal than Jeff, Karen and their two sons, Matt (Haley Joel Osment) and Justin (Jonathan William Lipnicki) provide additional inspiration for Foxworthy's comedic wit. The show's supporting cast in season two includes G.W. Bailey as Jeff's dad, Big Jim, a character based on Foxworthy's real father.
Four new ABCd original short-form series are live now on the ABC app for desktop, mobile and connected TV devices, including What to Text Him Back from relationship expert and New York Times bestselling author of Get the Guy Matthew Hussey; This Isn't Working from social media influencer Lisa Schwartz; Farm to Plate, from Tastemade and Aussie culinary sensation Guy Turland; and She Talks, which tells the empowering stories of women who have turned their passions into paychecks. A new episode of On the Record is also available featuring rising RnB star Yuna and on September 15 A Little of Your Time with Quinn Marcus will debut with up and coming comedian and talk show host Quinn Marcus. As you know, ABC re-launched its app July 13, marking a major evolution of its streaming service. In addition to the current on-air shows, the network added ABCd short-form series, full seasons of 38 "Throwback" shows, and a redesigned user interface exclusively for iPhone, iPad, iPod touch and Apple TV that improves discovery and navigation.
Current ABCd series include: All My Gay Friends are Getting Married, Boondoogle, Forever 31, I Can Find $3000 In Your Home, On The Record, Newborn Moms, and Tastemade's Get Cookin'.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (September)
09/06 - Coach - Season One (Mill Creek) / Season Two / Seasons One and Two
09/06 - South Park - The Complete Ninteenth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Ninth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - Newhart - The Complete Sixth Season
09/20 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Fifth Season
09/20 - Family Matters - The Complete Eighth Season
09/20 - Modern Family - The Complete Season 7
09/20 - Veep - Season 5
09/27 - The Wonder Years - Season Six
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Friday, September 30
Last Man Standing - "Gameday Forecast: Showers" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
When a Jack and Jill wedding shower for Mandy and Kyle is announced, Mike is disappointed to learn it’s on the same day as the big Broncos-Chargers game. In an effort to catch the game with Joe (Jay Leno) and the guys, Mike convinces the couple to hold separate showers. Ryan offers to host the men’s festivities at his place, and to Mike’s dismay, he’s more into party planning than anyone would have thought. Meanwhile, Ed’s convinced that sticking to his superstitious rituals is the only way to see to it that the Broncos pull out a big win, even if it means interfering with Mandy’s wedding shower.
Dr. Ken - "Ken and Allison Share a Patient" (ABC, 8:30PM ET/PT)
On Allison’s first work day at Welltopia, she and Ken try to prove the other wrong when it comes to a patient’s diagnosis. After Damona introduces her new boyfriend, Eric, to co-workers, Pat surprises everyone and announces he’s also dating someone. Meanwhile, it’s Dave’s first day of middle school, and he’s nervous he won’t be able to make friends, so he turns to D.K. to help reinvent his image.
Liv and Maddie - "Linda & Heather-a-Rooney" (Disney Channel, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Liv thinks she landed a small role on a hit show called ``Linda and Heather'' but her part turns out to be much bigger; Joey experiences relationship woes.
Bunk'd - "Luke Out Below" (Disney Channel, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Luke comes back to camp and takes Griff and Zuri on an adventure to prove that he's just as responsible as the other CITs.
Love Thy Neighbor - "Three Times" (OWN, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Leslie and Angela try to fix their seemingly broken friendship with Jennifer.
Tyler Perry's For Better or Worse - "The Flower Delivery" (OWN, 9:30PM ET/PT)
Keisha manages to intercept Richard's gift for his new love interest.
Friday, September 30
- Minnie Driver (Speechless/About a Boy) - Watch Minnie on a repeat of Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Nathan Lane (Modern Family/Encore! Encore!/Charlie Lawrence) - Nathan visits The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Abby Elliott (Odd Mom Out) - Abby appears on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Clark Gregg (The New Adventures of Old Christine) - Clark is a guest on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Kristen Bell (The Good Place) - Kristen appears on Chelsea on Netflix.
- Jerry O'Connell (We Are Men/Carpoolers/My Secret Identity) - Jerry guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Margo Martindale (The Millers) - Margo joins the Chew Crew on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Alfonso Ribeiro (The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air/In the House/Silver Spoons) - Alfonso will be on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am.
- Ashley Williams (The Jim Gaffigan Show/How I Met Your Mother/Good Morning, Miami) - Ashley talks about her Hallmark Channel original movie Love on a Limb on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Queen Latifah (Living Single) - Queen Latifah stops by Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Tim Daly (Wings) - Tim talks about Madam Secretary on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- Sara Rue (Impastor/Less Than Perfect) and Michael Rosenbaum (Impastor) - Sara and Michael talks about Season 2 of TV Land's Impastor on People Now at 8:30am.