Tuesday, September 06, 2016
Beginning this Friday (Sept. 9) in late night, INSP will be adding short-lived 1995-97 sitcom The Jeff Foxworthy Show starring comedian Jeff Foxworthy. The sitcom will air late nights on Fridays (early Saturday mornings) from 1-3am ET. INSP doesn't air any other sitcoms right now, as it is mostly classic TV dramas and westerns such as Bonanza, The Virginian, Daniel Boone, Little House on the Prairie, The Waltons, Matlock, Walker Texas Ranger and Dr. Quinn. A delightful blend of easygoing charm and gentle humor, Jeff Foxworthy treats television viewers to a welcome dose of Southern comfort. The award-winning stand-up comic and best-selling author stars as Jeff Foxworthy -- a fictitious offshoot of his own down-home persona -- who's a Southern native transplanted to Bloomington, Indiana. Anita Barone stars as Jeff's wife, Karen, a part-time Intensive Care Unit nurse and mother of the couple’s gifted seven-year-old son, Matt, played by a very young Haley Joel Osment.
Changes occurred in the sitcom's second season, with Jeff's relocation to Georgia and his new job has him working at the loading docks with some macho, no-nonsense boys from the south, including the dim-witted Florus (Neil Giuntoli) and his wise-cracking buddy, Bill (Bill Engvall), providing the perfect fodder for Foxworthy's insightful musings. Ann Cusack came on as Jeff's wife, Karen, a highly-skilled intensive care nurse whose ability to earn more money than her husband is a constant threat to his fragile ego. Fastidious and more liberal than Jeff, Karen and their two sons, Matt (Haley Joel Osment) and Justin (Jonathan William Lipnicki) provide additional inspiration for Foxworthy's comedic wit. The show's supporting cast in season two includes G.W. Bailey as Jeff's dad, Big Jim, a character based on Foxworthy's real father.
Four new ABCd original short-form series are live now on the ABC app for desktop, mobile and connected TV devices, including What to Text Him Back from relationship expert and New York Times bestselling author of Get the Guy Matthew Hussey; This Isn't Working from social media influencer Lisa Schwartz; Farm to Plate, from Tastemade and Aussie culinary sensation Guy Turland; and She Talks, which tells the empowering stories of women who have turned their passions into paychecks. A new episode of On the Record is also available featuring rising RnB star Yuna and on September 15 A Little of Your Time with Quinn Marcus will debut with up and coming comedian and talk show host Quinn Marcus. As you know, ABC re-launched its app July 13, marking a major evolution of its streaming service. In addition to the current on-air shows, the network added ABCd short-form series, full seasons of 38 "Throwback" shows, and a redesigned user interface exclusively for iPhone, iPad, iPod touch and Apple TV that improves discovery and navigation.
Current ABCd series include: All My Gay Friends are Getting Married, Boondoogle, Forever 31, I Can Find $3000 In Your Home, On The Record, Newborn Moms, and Tastemade's Get Cookin'.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (December/January)
12/06 - Family Guy - Season Fourteen
12/13 - American Dad! - Volume 11
12/13 - Newhart - The Complete Seventh Season
01/03 - Girls - The Complete Fifth Season (Blu-ray)
01/10 - Broad City - Season 3
01/17 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #2 (Colorized)
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume One
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume Two
01/24 - Hooperman - Season One
01/24 - Hooperman - Season Two
01/31 - Ballers - The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Saturday, January 21
The Thundermans - "Better Off Wed" (Nickelodeon, 8:00PM ET/PT)
The kids learn that Dr. Colosso ruined their parents' wedding years earlier, and want to recreate Hank & Barb's dream day as their anniversary gift. However, Dr. Colosso remains a threat, and they must keep their plans a secret.
Nicky, Ricky, Dicky & Dawn - "Keeping Up with the Quadashians" (Nickelodeon, 8:30PM ET/PT)
After binge watching their favorite reality TV show, the Quads decide their lives are every bit as "reality TV" worthy, and decide to make a show of their own. Guest Stars: Maddie Ziegler, Mackenzie Ziegler
School of Rock - "Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood" (Nickelodeon, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Tomika and Zack work on a love song together, leading to a moment that will change their friendship forever. Summer and Lawrence hang out together for the first time, and Freddy helps Mr. Finn with a problem.
Saturday, January 21
- Phylicia Rashad (The Cosby Show/Cosby) - Phylicia will be featured on Oprah: Where Are They Now? at 10pm ET/PT on OWN.
- NeNe Leakes (The New Normal) - Catch NeNe on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Allison Janney (Mom/Mr. Sunshine) - Watch Allison on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- William Shatner ($h*! My Dad Says) and Henry Winkler (Happy Days/Arrested Development/Out of Practice) - William and Henry are guests on a repeat of Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Kevin Nealon (Man with a Plan/Weeds/Hiller and Diller/Champs) - Kevin appears on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Jade Catta-Preta (Manhattan Love Story) - Jade is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Wendi McClendon-Covey (The Goldbergs/Rules of Engagement/Reno 911!) - Wendi stops by Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Cristela Alonzo (Cristela) - Cristela chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Tika Sumpter (The Game) - Tika appears on The Real, so check your local listings.
- Justina Machado (One Day at a Time) - Justina will be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Jerry O'Connell (We Are Men/Carpoolers/My Secret Identity) - Jerry and Rebecca Romjin talk about Love Locks on NBC's Today in the 9am hour. Jerry will also be on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT and on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Retta (Parks and Recreation) - Retta talks about Girlfriend's Guide to Divorce on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.