Tuesday, September 06, 2016
Beginning this Friday (Sept. 9) in late night, INSP will be adding short-lived 1995-97 sitcom The Jeff Foxworthy Show starring comedian Jeff Foxworthy. The sitcom will air late nights on Fridays (early Saturday mornings) from 1-3am ET. INSP doesn't air any other sitcoms right now, as it is mostly classic TV dramas and westerns such as Bonanza, The Virginian, Daniel Boone, Little House on the Prairie, The Waltons, Matlock, Walker Texas Ranger and Dr. Quinn. A delightful blend of easygoing charm and gentle humor, Jeff Foxworthy treats television viewers to a welcome dose of Southern comfort. The award-winning stand-up comic and best-selling author stars as Jeff Foxworthy -- a fictitious offshoot of his own down-home persona -- who's a Southern native transplanted to Bloomington, Indiana. Anita Barone stars as Jeff's wife, Karen, a part-time Intensive Care Unit nurse and mother of the couple’s gifted seven-year-old son, Matt, played by a very young Haley Joel Osment.
Changes occurred in the sitcom's second season, with Jeff's relocation to Georgia and his new job has him working at the loading docks with some macho, no-nonsense boys from the south, including the dim-witted Florus (Neil Giuntoli) and his wise-cracking buddy, Bill (Bill Engvall), providing the perfect fodder for Foxworthy's insightful musings. Ann Cusack came on as Jeff's wife, Karen, a highly-skilled intensive care nurse whose ability to earn more money than her husband is a constant threat to his fragile ego. Fastidious and more liberal than Jeff, Karen and their two sons, Matt (Haley Joel Osment) and Justin (Jonathan William Lipnicki) provide additional inspiration for Foxworthy's comedic wit. The show's supporting cast in season two includes G.W. Bailey as Jeff's dad, Big Jim, a character based on Foxworthy's real father.
Four new ABCd original short-form series are live now on the ABC app for desktop, mobile and connected TV devices, including What to Text Him Back from relationship expert and New York Times bestselling author of Get the Guy Matthew Hussey; This Isn't Working from social media influencer Lisa Schwartz; Farm to Plate, from Tastemade and Aussie culinary sensation Guy Turland; and She Talks, which tells the empowering stories of women who have turned their passions into paychecks. A new episode of On the Record is also available featuring rising RnB star Yuna and on September 15 A Little of Your Time with Quinn Marcus will debut with up and coming comedian and talk show host Quinn Marcus. As you know, ABC re-launched its app July 13, marking a major evolution of its streaming service. In addition to the current on-air shows, the network added ABCd short-form series, full seasons of 38 "Throwback" shows, and a redesigned user interface exclusively for iPhone, iPad, iPod touch and Apple TV that improves discovery and navigation.
Current ABCd series include: All My Gay Friends are Getting Married, Boondoogle, Forever 31, I Can Find $3000 In Your Home, On The Record, Newborn Moms, and Tastemade's Get Cookin'.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (February/March)
02/07 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - Sabrina Down Under
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 1 - School's Cool - Boy Crazy
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 2 - About a Family - Hangin' Out
02/07 - 227 - The Complete First Season (Mill Creek)
02/07 - Vice Principals - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
02/14 - Beavis and Butt-Head - The Complete Collection
02/14 - Grace and Frankie - Season Two
02/28 - Fuller House - The Complete First Season
03/03 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - Now... In Living Color! (Blu-ray)
03/07 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - Mama's Family - Mama's Favorites
03/07 - That '70s Show - The Complete Series - Flashback Edition (Blu-ray)
03/07 - What I Like About You - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - You Me Her - Season One
03/14 - Newhart - The Final (Eighth) Season
03/14 - Unbrekable Kimmy Schmidt - Season Two
03/21 - Master of None - Season One
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Friday, March 24
Last Man Standing - "Bad Heir Day" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Mike and Vanessa think it’s time for newlyweds Mandy and Kyle to move out, but when Chuck relays some unexpected news about Kyle’s absentee mom, Mike has second thoughts. Meanwhile, Eve tells Ryan that Boyd is making up stories about his Dad’s real job, because he’s embarrassed about being home-schooled.
Dr. Ken - "Clark's Big Surprise" (ABC, 8:30PM ET/PT)
When Ken accidentally finds out that Clark and Connor are planning their surprise wedding, he has to find a way to get everyone to come. But Damona finds out and to get Allison there, she tells her that Ken is going to surprise her by renewing their wedding vows. Guest performances from the Grammy Award-winning band, Train, featuring lead singer Pat Monahan and guitarist Jerry Becker.
Friday, March 24
- Sofia Black-D'Elia (The Mick) - Watch Sofia on a repeat of Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Tracy Morgan (30 Rock/The Tracy Morgan Show) - Tracy is on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Malin Akerman (Trophy Wife/Sin City Saints) - Malin appears on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Zach Galifianakis (Baskets) - Zach is a guest on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Laura Dern (Enlightened) - Laura appears on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Jermaine Fowler (Superior Donuts) - Jermaine is a guest on a repeat of Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Michael Keaton (Working Stiffs/All's Fair) - Michael visits LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Melissa McCarthy (Mike & Molly/Samantha Who?) and Ben Falcone (Joey) - Melissa and Ben are guests on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Alfonso Ribeiro (The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air/In the House/Silver Spoons) - Alfonso stops by Harry, so check your local listings.
- Martha Plimpton (The Real O'Neals/Raising Hope) - Martha appears on Harry, so check your local listings.
- Anthony Anderson (black-ish/Guys with Kids/All About the Andersons) - Anthony chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT. He will also be on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am.
- Carl Reiner (The Dick Van Dyke Show) and Rob Reiner (All in the Family) - Carl and Rob are guests on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Kristen Bell (The Good Place) - Kristen is a guest on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am. She also joins the Chew Crew on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Jane Fonda (Grace and Frankie) and Lily Tomlin (Grace and Frankie/Malibu Country) - Jane and Lily talk about Grace and Frankie on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am.
- Brooklyn Decker (Grace and Frankie/Friends with Better Lives) - Brooklyn talks about Malibu Country on NBC's Today in the 9am hour.
- Rhea Perlman (Cheers/Kirstie) - Rhea talks about Me and My Grandma on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Emma Roberts (Scream Queens/Unfabulous) - Emma talks about The Blackcoat's Daughter on People Now at 8:30am.
- Josh Henderson (One on One) - Josh is a guest on Steve Harvey, so check your local listings.