Wednesday, August 24, 2016
COZI TV announced Dr. Frasier Crane's return to America's airwaves this fall, with the iconic television sitcom Frasier officially debuting on the popular, multicast network starting Monday, September 12, airing weekdays from 7-9 PM ET (check local listings). There will also be a marathon on Saturday, Sept. 17 from 10am-11pm ET. Starring Kelsey Grammer and the winner of 37 primetime Emmy® Awards, Frasier has been ranked by TV Guide among the top 50 television shows of all-time. Frasier follows the journey of noted psychiatrist Frasier Crane as he returns home to launch a new phase in his personal and professional lives. Frasier originally aired on NBC starting in 1993, with the series concluding in 2004. Originally launched as an extension of NBC's Cheers, Frasier quickly emerged as one of the most successful spin-off series in television history. Joined by a memorable cast including John Mahoney, Jane Leeves, David Hyde Pierce and Peri Gilpin, fans enjoyed the latest storylines involving the newly-divorced Dr. Crane (Grammer) as he returned to Seattle and embarked on a new career as a radio talk show host.
Frasier joins Little House on the Prairie and Quincy, M.E. as new additions to COZI TV's fall line-up. Originally announced earlier this year, Little House on the Prairie will debut on COZI TV starting Monday, September 19, airing weekdays from 10 AM to noon and again at 5 PM ET. Quincy, M.E. will also debut the same day, airing weekdays at 2 PM ET. (check local listings).
On the heels of a sold-out national tour, comedy great Martin Lawrence hits the stage in this long-awaited stand-up special, Martin Lawrence Doin' Time: Uncut premiering Friday, September 9 at 9 p.m. ET/PT on Showtime on-air, on demand and over the internet. Filmed live at the Orpheum Theatre in Los Angeles, Martin Lawrence Doin' Time: Uncut showcases Lawrence's impeccable comedic skills, physicality and engaging wit. Delivering an unforgettable night of impressions and insights, he touches on everything from sex and relationships to President Obama, Bill Cosby, Hollywood and more. Lawrence is back in a big way and will leave viewers in hysterics, from start to finish.
Lawrence, a renowned stand-up comedian, actor, director, producer and writer, came to fame during the 1990s. He quickly established himself as a leading actor, most notably in the hit television sitcom Martin, for which he created such beloved characters as "Sheneneh Jenkins," "Edna (Mama) Payne," "Otis," and "Jerome." For his dynamic performance, he earned two NAACP Image Awards(R) for Outstanding Lead Actor in a Comedy Series two years in a row - 1995 and 1996. Lawrence's box office-topping credits include Bad Boys and its sequel Bad Boys II opposite Will Smith, and the three-film Big Momma's House franchise. Additional film credits include House Party, Boomerang, A Thin Line Between Love & Hate, Nothing to Lose, Blue Streak, Life, Wild Hogs, and Welcome Home, Roscoe Jenkins.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (September)
09/06 - Coach - Season One (Mill Creek) / Season Two / Seasons One and Two
09/06 - South Park - The Complete Ninteenth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Ninth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - Newhart - The Complete Sixth Season
09/20 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Fifth Season
09/20 - Family Matters - The Complete Eighth Season
09/20 - Modern Family - The Complete Season 7
09/20 - Veep - Season 5
09/27 - The Wonder Years - Season Six
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Saturday, September 24
Henry Danger - "Love Muffin" (Nickelodeon, 8:00PM ET/PT)
When Captain Man suddenly announces he's getting married, Henry and Charlotte go searching for answers only to discover that things are not as they seem.
Game Shakers - "Secret Level" (Nickelodeon, 8:30PM ET/PT)
When Hudson releases false information about a secret level in a Game Shakers' game, Game Shakers is besieged by angry, crazy fans. Babe uses the secret level to go on a date with Mason Kendal.
School of Rock - "Wouldn't It Be Nice?" (Nickelodeon, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Summer's failed attempt to share a locker with Freddy sets off a chain reaction of locker-switching that puts the entire band out of sync. Guest Star: Brec Bassinger
Saturday, September 24
- Norm Macdonald (Norm) - Watch Norm on CBS This Morning sometime between 7-9am.
- Mark Consuelos (Hope & Faith) - Catch Mark on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Zach Galifianakis (Baskets) - Watch Zach on on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Rob Lowe (The Grinder/Parks and Recreation) - Rob appears on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. He also talks about Code Black on CBS This Morning sometime between 7-9am and on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings. He will be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Kal Penn (We Are Men/How I Met Your Mother) - Kal is a guest on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Will Forte (The Last Man on Earth) - Will visits Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC. He will also be on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Norm Macdonald (Norm) - Norm stops by The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Margaret Cho (All-American Girl) - Margaret appears on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Jaleel White (Family Matters/Grown Ups) - Jaleel is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Patton Oswalt (The Goldbergs/The King of Queens) - Patton visits Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Whoopi Goldberg (Whoopi/Bagdad Cafe) - Whoopi drops by Harry, so check your local listings.
- Kristin Chenoweth (Kristin) - Kristin performs live on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am. She also talks about her new album on the AOL Build Show at 3pm.
- Sutton Foster (Younger) - Sutton talks about Younger on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- The Cast of Younger) - Sutton Foster, Debi Mazar, Hilary Duff, Nico Tortorella, Peter Hermann, Miriam Shor and Molly Bernard are guests on the AOL Build Show at 2:15pm.