Wednesday, August 24, 2016
COZI TV announced Dr. Frasier Crane's return to America's airwaves this fall, with the iconic television sitcom Frasier officially debuting on the popular, multicast network starting Monday, September 12, airing weekdays from 7-9 PM ET (check local listings). There will also be a marathon on Saturday, Sept. 17 from 10am-11pm ET. Starring Kelsey Grammer and the winner of 37 primetime Emmy® Awards, Frasier has been ranked by TV Guide among the top 50 television shows of all-time. Frasier follows the journey of noted psychiatrist Frasier Crane as he returns home to launch a new phase in his personal and professional lives. Frasier originally aired on NBC starting in 1993, with the series concluding in 2004. Originally launched as an extension of NBC's Cheers, Frasier quickly emerged as one of the most successful spin-off series in television history. Joined by a memorable cast including John Mahoney, Jane Leeves, David Hyde Pierce and Peri Gilpin, fans enjoyed the latest storylines involving the newly-divorced Dr. Crane (Grammer) as he returned to Seattle and embarked on a new career as a radio talk show host.
Frasier joins Little House on the Prairie and Quincy, M.E. as new additions to COZI TV's fall line-up. Originally announced earlier this year, Little House on the Prairie will debut on COZI TV starting Monday, September 19, airing weekdays from 10 AM to noon and again at 5 PM ET. Quincy, M.E. will also debut the same day, airing weekdays at 2 PM ET. (check local listings).
On the heels of a sold-out national tour, comedy great Martin Lawrence hits the stage in this long-awaited stand-up special, Martin Lawrence Doin' Time: Uncut premiering Friday, September 9 at 9 p.m. ET/PT on Showtime on-air, on demand and over the internet. Filmed live at the Orpheum Theatre in Los Angeles, Martin Lawrence Doin' Time: Uncut showcases Lawrence's impeccable comedic skills, physicality and engaging wit. Delivering an unforgettable night of impressions and insights, he touches on everything from sex and relationships to President Obama, Bill Cosby, Hollywood and more. Lawrence is back in a big way and will leave viewers in hysterics, from start to finish.
Lawrence, a renowned stand-up comedian, actor, director, producer and writer, came to fame during the 1990s. He quickly established himself as a leading actor, most notably in the hit television sitcom Martin, for which he created such beloved characters as "Sheneneh Jenkins," "Edna (Mama) Payne," "Otis," and "Jerome." For his dynamic performance, he earned two NAACP Image Awards(R) for Outstanding Lead Actor in a Comedy Series two years in a row - 1995 and 1996. Lawrence's box office-topping credits include Bad Boys and its sequel Bad Boys II opposite Will Smith, and the three-film Big Momma's House franchise. Additional film credits include House Party, Boomerang, A Thin Line Between Love & Hate, Nothing to Lose, Blue Streak, Life, Wild Hogs, and Welcome Home, Roscoe Jenkins.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (January/February)
01/03 - Girls - The Complete Fifth Season (Blu-ray)
01/10 - Broad City - Season 3
01/17 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #2 (Colorized)
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume One
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume Two
01/24 - Hooperman - Season One / Review
01/24 - Hooperman - Season Two / Review
01/31 - Ballers - The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
02/07 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - Sabrina Down Under
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 1 - School's Cool - Boy Crazy
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 2 - About a Family - Hangin' Out
02/07 - 227 - The Complete First Season (Mill Creek)
02/07 - Vice Principals - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
02/14 - Beavis and Butt-Head - The Complete Collection
02/14 - Grace and Frankie - Season Two
02/28 - Fuller House - The Complete First Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Monday, February 20
Kevin Can Wait - "Neighborhood Watch" (CBS, 8:00PM ET/PT)
When Donna’s cousin, Irene (Claire Coffee), comes to visit with her chatty husband, Stuart (Alexander Chaplin), Kevin concocts an elaborate plan to avoid spending time with them by forming a neighborhood watch group with his buddies, including his neighbor, Rootger (Bas Rutten).
Man with a Plan - "Kate's First Date" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT)
When Kate is asked out on her first date, Adam can’t curb his overprotective ways. Also, Don enlists Lowell’s help to buy the perfect anniversary gift for Marcy.
Superior Donuts - "Trust Me" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT)
When Arthur is reluctant to let Franco make the shop’s bank deposit, Franco accuses his boss of not trusting him. Also, James regrets confiding in Randy after she shares an embarrassing secret about him with other cops at the station.
2 Broke Girls - "And the Jessica Shmessica" (CBS, 9:00PM ET/PT)
When Bobby (Christopher Gorham) invites Caroline to a party to meet his family, she is eager to make a good impression but isn’t prepared for the torch that his mother and sisters still carry for Bobby’s ex-girlfriend. Also, Caroline’s nerves are even more frayed when the diner gang decides to tag along. Guest stars include Nora Dunn as Bobby’s mother, Teresa, and Kerri Kenney-Silver as his sister, Denise.
Monday, February 20
- Jason Jones (The Detour) - Watch Jason on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Norm Macdonald (The Norm Show/A Minute with Stan Hooper) - Norm is a guest on a repeat of Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Keke Palmer (Scream Queens/True Jackson, VP) - Keke appears on a repeat of Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Wendi McLendon-Covey (The Goldbergs/Rules of Engagement/Reno 911!) - Wendi visits Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Patricia Heaton (The Middle/Back to You/Everybody Loves Raymond) - Patricia chats on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- NeNe Leakes (The New Normal) - NeNe guest co-hosts The Real, so check your local listings.
- Mike Farrell, Loretta Swit and Jamie Farr (M*A*S*H) - Mike, Loretta and Jamie are guests on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Anne-Marie Johnson (What's Happening Now!!) - Anne-Marie discusses diversity at the Oscars on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Adam Scott (Parks and Recreation) - Adam joins the Chew Crew on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Rosie Perez (Search Party) - Rosie is a guest on Good Day New York on WNYW-Fox5 in New York sometime between 7-10am.
- Regina Hall (Grandfathered) - Regina appears on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Louie Anderson (Baskets/The Louie Show/Life with Louie) - Louie is a guest on Steve Harvey, so check your local listings.